Apr 3, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟2,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm seriously thinking about giving up some of my internet time (except for school purposes). I think I spend a little too much time online and cutting down would really do some good. I am also going to really make an effort to say a daily Rosary every day during Lent (as opposed to the 2-3 times a week I'm doing now). Fasting a little bit probably wouldn't hurt either....I'll have to think about it.

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Today at 04:08 PM KC Catholic said this in Post #2 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=667998#post667998)

I need to start thinking of something good to sacrafice. I also may try and fast more often.

Two lents ago I tried doing a strict fast on Fridays. No food whatsoever for 24 hours (from about 10pm Thursday through 12am Saturday). It was tough... VERY tough. Of course, I'd be so ravenous by saturday morning that any food money I may have saved by fasting on friday was eaten on saturday... so in the long run I'm not sure it was very spiritually beneficial. Though, now that I know the mistakes I made, perhaps I could try it again.

Otherwise, I don't know if I'll give anything up but instead I may trying adding something to my life. I have several lenten scripture studies sitting on my shelf, all partially read over the years. Perhaps I'll, in earnest, do one this year to help me reflect and prepare for the Eastern season.

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Today at 04:37 PM jukesk9 said this in Post #3 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=668053#post668053)

Last year I gave up posting on RR because I was too obsessed with responding to their accusations. This year, I think I'll try to never go there again.

Come on jukes, being there is fun! Here is how one of my conversations has gone today.

RR poster: I am 100% sure I am saved.

Me: Matthew 25:44 would seem to suggest that all who think they are saved are in actuality, not saved.

RR poster: You guys and your work-based salvation.

Me: Catholics don't believe in a work-based salvation.

RR poster: Yah so? You guys preach a false gospel based on works.

RR poster: Yes you do, you guys say one thing and mean another.

*sigh* What fun.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jukesk9

Dixie Whistlin' Papist
Feb 7, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
✟13,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Today at 05:45 PM nyj said this in Post #7

Come on jukes, being there is fun! Here is how one of my conversations has gone today.

Me: Matthew 25:44 would seem to suggest that all who think they are saved are in actuality, not saved.

*sigh* What fun.

Tons of fun :D I wonder how much fun they'd have with the Canons of the Council of Trent that shows the Church doesn't believe in a work-based salvation.  Oh well.  Did you get any jumper cables or thermometers when they were being passed out? 

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Today at 05:45 PM nyj said this in Post #7

*sigh* What fun.

well.....

.............sounds a bit like circular debating if you ask me.  Looking up and falling into the sheep tank.

Michelle

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I haven't thought about Lent much this year......

Maybe I'll give up cheese. That'd be hard. I love cheese.
Oh geez y'all I "visited" RR.........it was sooooooo horrible, I couldn't stay there and read much. WHO would want to go in there?
Only the very, very gullible, sklip. :)

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yesterday at 07:31 PM jukesk9 said this in Post #11
Did you get any jumper cables or thermometers when they were being passed out?

EDITED: Because momma always said... if you don't have anything good to say, keep your mouth shut.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

VOW

Feb 7, 2002
*displaced* CA, soon to be AZ!
Visit site
✟28,000.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'll probably give up what I usually do: swearing.

I have been doing a LOT of reading about diabetes since I was diagnosed in December. One thing I've seen, over and over, is that a vegetarian diet is extremely healthful and helpful in getting the disease under control Perhaps (since I already cook vegetarian meals for my daughter anyway) I will go completely vegetarian for Lent.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

Upvote 0

jukesk9

Dixie Whistlin' Papist
Feb 7, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
✟13,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Today at 11:44 AM VOW said this in Post #17

I'll probably give up what I usually do: swearing.

I have been doing a LOT of reading about diabetes since I was diagnosed in December. One thing I've seen, over and over, is that a vegetarian diet is extremely healthful and helpful in getting the disease under control Perhaps (since I already cook vegetarian meals for my daughter anyway) I will go completely vegetarian for Lent.

Peace be with you,
~VOW

My swearing is going out in little phases.  I honestly can say I have not said the Lord's name in vain for a very long time.  I don't cuss in front of the kids.  I just swear a lot in private.  Dealing with drunks and thugs everyday will do that to you....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.