America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Today at 06:35 PM KC Catholic said this in Post #80 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=693252#post693252)

I am setting aside time each day to do the rosary, daily readings and our bible study on James.

Check what else I'll be doing once it arrives from Italy!

rosary496.jpg

It's been blessed by the pope!

You got a Stations chaplet! :eek:

I'm trying really hard not to be envious...

:cry:

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Everybody's gone surfin'...Surfin' U.S.A
Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is the one I've been holding out for.

http://www.14stationsofthecross.com/assets/images/all3large.jpg

I'd HOPED to get it as a gift, but my HUSBAND is immune to subtlety. :rolleyes: Like, "I want that. Buy it for me. Now."

He did buy me a very interesting book on Marian apparitions for my birthday though. :)

BTW, how do you *know* that your chaplet has been blessed by the Pope? Does it come with something to authenticate that?

Upvote 0

KC Catholic

Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today at 06:14 PM ZooMom said this in Post #84

This is the one I've been holding out for.

http://www.14stationsofthecross.com/assets/images/all3large.jpg

I'd HOPED to get it as a gift, but my HUSBAND is immune to subtlety. :rolleyes: Like, "I want that. Buy it for me. Now."

He did buy me a very interesting book on Marian apparitions for my birthday though. :)

BTW, how do you *know* that your chaplet has been blessed by the Pope? Does it come with something to authenticate that?

Ooo..I like that one. How much do they cost?

Yeah...the people provide the ticket from the general audience and a nice card with a blessing on it.

audience5feb2003.jpg

rosarybox.jpg

Even if its not blessed by the Pope - that's fine. It was cheaper than what I found here in the USA.

Upvote 0

jukesk9

Dixie Whistlin' Papist
Feb 7, 2002
Arkansas
Visit site
✟13,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1st March 2003 at 09:32 PM chelcb said this in Post #45

Well actually wearing the ashes is supposed to an act of humility. :)  

I look at it this way.  For the first 300 years of Christianity, they threw us to the lions.  Now, they mock us and laugh at us.  Happened again this year tonight after Mass when I went to work with the ashes on my forehead.  I'm not ashamed.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Today at 09:26 PM jukesk9 said this in Post #88 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=693665#post693665)

I look at it this way.  For the first 300 years of Christianity, they threw us to the lions.  Now, they mock us and laugh at us.  Happened again this year tonight after Mass when I went to work with the ashes on my forehead.  I'm not ashamed.

Awww jukes... I'm amazed I didn't get made fun of today. I live in Southern Baptist land. I didn't see anyone with ashes today on campus, except at the Episcopalian Lent service, and there was only about 30 people at that. I was the only one that I saw this morning. I'm also the only one that I know of that carries a Rosary wrapped around his hand around campus... imagine that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KC Catholic

Feb 5, 2002
Overland Park, KS
✟21,887.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Today at 09:24 PM ZooMom said this in Post #90

/me does the happy dance...

I just found my SotC chaplet for ten bucks less on another site! I bought it! Yay!! :clap:

:hug: for jukes.

*Pssst...read my sig line...*

;)

All right!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.