POLL: How do you observe Friday abstinence?

How do you observe Friday abstinence?

• Only during Lent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Year-around, every Friday

• I used to but I stopped (explanation above)

• I'm hoping to begin observing it year-round (explanation above)

• Total voters

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I know it's come in the past, I might've even done a poll in the past. But I had a down moment in my workday and decided to make a new one. I'm just curious how friends here practice Friday abstinence: is it something you observe only during Lent? Do you do it year-round? Did you used to do it year-round or is it a new development? Did you formerly only observe it during Lent but plan to start year-round?

If you observe it year-round do you add an extra penance to Lenten Fridays just to distinguish them from the rest of the year?

If you observe it year-round what kind of value would you say it adds to your faith?

I got to a point about 4-5 years ago where I was managing to observe it year-round but I'm not sure it was accomplishing anything in terms of shifting my focus more to God or compelling me to pray more. It just became a routine. Then during COVID and after meeting my wife that died off pretty quick, a long with my daily rosary prayers. I know I should definitely recover the latter but I'm not sure if I ought to bother with the former.