Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been coming to this point for the last 10 months now and I decided to change my religious icon to reflect Paganism.

I have come to see that I just don't believe in Christianity and particularly not this forums version of it.

I wish you all the best as I will not be posting in here anymore.

Casi

Wrigley

Senior Veteran
Mar 24, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟21,012.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
belladonic-haze said:
Wish you all the luck love and compassion on the new paths in your life! :)

This will sound mean and harsh, but it won't be.

I hope you continue to struggle. I hope God puts up many obstacles in your way so that you have to fight. I hope that God uses those to bring you to Himself so that when I see Him in Glory, I'll know you're there as well.

Upvote 0

newyorksaint

Oct 22, 2005
✟9,031.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Casiopeia said:
I have been coming to this point for the last 10 months now and I decided to change my religious icon to reflect Paganism.

I have come to see that I just don't believe in Christianity and particularly not this forums version of it.

Casi
God Speed. May He guide you where you need to go, so you can find yourself, and understand.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Casiopeia said:

Casi
One should never judge Christ by how others represent Him, because, being only human, we can never do Him justice. Even the best of us fail. It is Christ, alone, who we should have our eyes on.

I hope that that is not the sole reason for the decision. :(

I agree with Wrigley and hope that God brings you to Him in a way that will leave no doubt that He loves you enough to send his son for you.

Upvote 0

Vwpsst20

Sep 14, 2005
✟15,349.00
Faith
Mormon
Casiopeia said:

Casi

my best and warm wishes go out to you on your new path in life. God Bless.

Upvote 0
A

Apex

Casiopeia said:

Casi
I hope that you can find the happieness you seek.

Upvote 0
B

buddy mack

Casiopeia said:

Casi

i see why U is the goddess of the night sky, just watch out for the birds above you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Casi, the only one who counts is the one who said,

"I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me."

You will find dead ends until you turn/return to the One who is the way. May God direct your journey to the one He sent to the cross.

Reactions: Swart
Upvote 0

Swart

ÜberChristian
Mar 22, 2004
Melbourne
Visit site
✟24,687.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Casiopeia said:

This post has hit me harder than I thought it would. :cry:I have always maintained that the most important knowledge a person can come to is that Jesus is the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Perhaps we can discuss it sometime in the future when there isn't so much going on in your life.

My prayers will be with you. :groupray:

Upvote 0

marvmax

interested in most things religious
Sep 11, 2005
NM
✟10,007.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Casiopeia said:

Casi
Casi;
I'll miss you. I hope to perhaps see you in places not so confrontational.

I hope you find hapiness on your path in life.

God speed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
H

hybrid

Casiopeia said:

Casi

deary,

you came to the wrong place. if you want to be understood, loved and respected, try christian outreach forums or christian fellowship or christian tea party forums, or something like that.

the people here are deeply rooted in love that they stay on inspite of all the rejections, humiliation insults, ad hominem, invectives and what not all in the name of proclaiming the truth as they know it.

did anybody mentioned already that "The Truth" is a person?

godspeed

Upvote 0

Hidden Manna

Veteran
Feb 21, 2004
✟8,918.00
Faith
Christian
Casiopeia said:

Casi

Here is what you are going to be reflecting according to the word of God and his word is Spirit and truth.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour. * 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but [they went out] that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

Matthew 5:13
" You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.

Matthew 6:22
" The lamp of the body is the eye. If therefore your eye is good, your whole body will be full of light.

23 "But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great [is] that darkness!

Are you sure you want to go throught this great big mistake of yours?

What does it mean to know God?

We live in a time that is still heavily influenced by the modern paradigm. The modern paradigm began around 500 years ago with things like the reformation, the scientific revolution, and the age of enlightenment. One characteristic of the change from the medieval paradigm to the modern was leaving behind the mystical for more rational thought. As part of this transformation people began to equate knowing God increasingly with knowing about God. In other words, the search of God became the search for perfect doctrine. This, in a sense, was the rational mind’s attempt to lay hold of God. Much good came out of this endeavor. Many advances were made and continue to be made in our understanding of the scriptures.

Yet, is this the best definition of what it means to know God? Does the fellow with the best doctrine know God best?

Before we try to answer this question, I must say that I believe the pursuit of perfect doctrine is a good one. It should be the life long goal of every believer to reach the best understanding of the scriptures he possibly can. However, we must realize this is a goal that no one ever obtains. My understanding today will not be the same as my understanding tomorrow. At least I hope this is true. The day I believe I have grasped all things is the day my pursuit of God dies.

We are all going to stand before the Lord someday for our reward (and if there is room for reward, I would say there is also room for shame). Do we believe the measure of our greatness in the kingdom will be how close we came to “getting it right”? No, the scriptures give a different measure of our walk with God.

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. (I John 4:7-8)

As we study the scriptures, we begin to see that knowing God is not so much knowing about Him as it is being like Him. As John said in his epistle, God is love. How can we tell therefore if we really know God? We love as He does. It is that simple.

In Luke chapter ten Jesus tells the familiar parable about the good Samaritan.

Then Jesus answered and said: “A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion. So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.’ So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?”
And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.”
Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.” (Luke 10:30-37)

We might think this parable has nothing to do with knowing God. However, I believe a closer look reveals that it indeed strikes at the very heart of the subject.

As you recall, the Samaritans were Jews. Yet, they were not considered fully Jewish by their neighbors to the south in Judea and by their neighbors to the north in Galilee. In the Old Testament the northern kingdom of Israel was destroyed in 721 B.C. by the Assyrians and many of its inhabitants were carried off into the captivity. The Samaritans in Jesus’ day were the descendants of those who remained in the land and of some who returned. However, they had not kept themselves pure like their other Jewish brethren. They had intermarried with the gentiles and their understanding of Torah had become distorted. Furthermore, they had become Hellenized in their thinking. For instance, the Samaritans had a great conflict with other Jews over which mountain was the true place for the temple. They also believed that 6,000 years after the earth’s creation, a Messiah would arise and would live on earth for 110 years. (It is interesting that some dispensationalists believed this very thing until recently. They believed the 6000 year period ended at the year 2000.)

In Jesus’ parable both the Levite and the priest were folks who spent their whole lives studying torah. Moreover, they were unspoiled by pagan thought. If anyone was expected to have the correct understanding of the scriptures it was these two. Who was the Samaritan? He was the guy with the bad doctrine. Yet, who really knew God better, the Samaritan or the priest and the Levite? I will let you ponder that question.

The pursuit of God is the greatest adventure in life. Yet, that adventure is not just the acquisition of knowledge. It is the process of becoming like Him. Therefore, the one who pursues God well will not just have good doctrine. He will demonstrate the nature of Christ.

So the next time we get in heated discussion over some theological matter, let us remember that we demonstrate our knowledge of God not just in sound exegesis of the scriptures but also in how we treat our brother. The kingdom of God is much bigger than just being right.

Upvote 0

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Feb 5, 2005
Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you A New Dawn for moving this for me so I could reply to it and others outside of the christian icons could as well.

To Buddy Mack and I qoute you.
buddymack said:
i see why U is the goddess of the night sky, just watch out for the birds above you.
If you will read my signiture you will see that I am not declaring myself a goddess but making a play on my nickname and my life. tsk tsk...rudeness ;)

Upvote 0

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Feb 5, 2005
Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Swart said:
This post has hit me harder than I thought it would. :cry:I have always maintained that the most important knowledge a person can come to is that Jesus is the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Perhaps we can discuss it sometime in the future when there isn't so much going on in your life.

My prayers will be with you. :groupray:
To you my dearest brother Swart...of all the people I wish to hurt you most...erm I mean least ;) you know I love you...and you are in my prayers as well.

Casi

Upvote 0

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Feb 5, 2005
Wasatch Mountains
✟15,483.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
drstevej said:
Casi, the only one who counts is the one who said,

"I am the way, the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but by me."

You will find dead ends until you turn/return to the One who is the way. May God direct your journey to the one He sent to the cross.
Dear Friend,
I know where your heart is and I love you for it. Thank you for caring. I am not without and it is God who put me on my path. We will see each other at the gates my friend and have a good giggle, I wager ;)

Peace to you and your family,
Casi

Upvote 0