Washington
✟219,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said they would hear His voice and I do take that literally.
Well, add that to your list of misunderstandings about Scripture, I guess. Do you also believe that you are literally a sheep?

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could not, but satan could if you start thinking wrongly about something. I do not want to the one to have you start to think wrongly about Moses.
That's a lame excuse. Just tells me you have nothing noteworthy to discuss. What's your catchphrase/ Oh yeah - "I win!".

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You always have to remember that JS taught that God the Father, and his Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit make up the Godhead. That is a true statement, so withdraw your lie that all of the writings of JS are lies.

If you need, I will give you a list of 10 other writings of JS that you believe in.

Partial truth does not qualify as truth.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Doesn't say---they have some light---it says no light---do not listen to anything they have to say. Satan has all sorts of partial truths---did from the beginning---we are to totally disregard what a liar says.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Well, add that to your list of misunderstandings about Scripture, I guess. Do you also believe that you are literally a sheep?
No, but it is better to be a sheep than a goat as far as the gospel is concerned. Sometimes it is hard to know when Jesus is speaking figuratively and when He is speaking literally.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
No, but it is better to be a sheep than a goat as far as the gospel is concerned. Sometimes it is hard to know when Jesus is speaking figuratively and when He is speaking literally.

It shouldn't be hard to tell that you are not literally a sheep.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So we are not literally sheep. I would presume that you would also agree that Jesus is not literally a shepherd and that it was a figure of speech? If so, then how can you maintain that Jesus will literally speak to the sheep in this other fold as described in Scripture? Isn't it true that the lds believe their prophets are the "mouthpieces of God" when so inspired? Why can't Paul or Peter or others called by Jesus to preach the gospel be considered as speaking for the Lord in a figurative sense?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Partial truth does not qualify as truth.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

Doesn't say---they have some light---it says no light---do not listen to anything they have to say. Satan has all sorts of partial truths---did from the beginning---we are to totally disregard what a liar says.
Then why do you continue on this forum?

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
So we are not literally sheep. I would presume that you would also agree that Jesus is not literally a shepherd and that it was a figure of speech? If so, then how can you maintain that Jesus will literally speak to the sheep in this other fold as described in Scripture? Isn't it true that the lds believe their prophets are the "mouthpieces of God" when so inspired? Why can't Paul or Peter or others called by Jesus to preach the gospel be considered as speaking for the Lord in a figurative sense?
Jesus was being specific when He said:

(New Testament | John 10:16)

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

He did not say all nations will hear my voice, but He said:

(New Testament | Matthew 24:14)

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Then why do you continue on this forum?

Been gone 3 days--in hospital. I come on this forum to speak out against those that distort Christianity.
To warn others who do not know the truth of what you actually teach.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Been gone 3 days--in hospital. I come on this forum to speak out against those that distort Christianity.
We actually teach people to LOVE Jesus and keep the commandments of LOVE:

(New Testament | Luke 10:25 - 28)

25 ¶ And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

(New Testament | John 14:15 - 16)

15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

(New Testament | John 14:23 - 24)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

And this is from Jesus Christ Himself. We are to follow Jesus and walk as He walked. God is LOVE.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Hope your hospital stay was helpful.

Please warn people of what we actually teach and you will be OK.

Let me ask you a question.
You believe that Jesus was divine from the beginning. We believe that he was divine at least from the beginning of our world, in able to have the power and authority to create the natural wonders of the earth and the heavens.

How is my eternal life endangered if I believe Jesus was divine possibly later than you think he was divine? He still created, he still governed (God of the OT) and he still came to earth and divinely saved us through the atonement on the cross and by being able to resurrect himself.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Please warn people of what we actually teach and you will be OK.

Let me ask you a question.
You believe that Jesus was divine from the beginning. We believe that he was divine at least from the beginning of our world, in able to have the power and authority to create the natural wonders of the earth and the heavens.

How is my eternal life endangered if I believe Jesus was divine possibly later than you think he was divine? He still created, he still governed (God of the OT) and he still came to earth and divinely saved us through the atonement on the cross and by being able to resurrect himself.

Because that is not who Jesus is! He always was divine. That is what He is---Jesus has no grandfather! Now--How could He have created everything before He became divine? He wasn't divine from the beginning of this world---He was divine before and He created this world, and all other worlds.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Because that is not who Jesus is! He always was divine. That is what He is---Jesus has no grandfather! Now--How could He have created everything before He became divine? He wasn't divine from the beginning of this world---He was divine before and He created this world, and all other worlds.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

I did say he was divine at least at the beginning of this world, because we know he created and governed and saved it with his divine power and authority.

So I believe Jesus was divine by the time it came to create this world, and you believe he was divine before the creation of this world. How does this endanger my eternal life? All Jesus has to do is tell me when I get to the other side that he was divine before the earth was created, and I would get in line. Would that be too late for me?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I did say he was divine at least at the beginning of this world, because we know he created and governed and saved it with his divine power and authority.

So I believe Jesus was divine by the time it came to create this world, and you believe he was divine before the creation of this world. How does this endanger my eternal life? All Jesus has to do is tell me when I get to the other side that he was divine before the earth was created, and I would get in line. Would that be too late for me?

This world?? No, He created everything---all worlds--that is what you don't get. It says:
He always was one with God of His own substance---uncreated being always God.

Your Jesus is not the same as the bible Jesus.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Thanks.
It was---I am home under hospice--the ticker was damaged by my high blood pressure when I was taken off pain meds--the pain made my pressure jump up, but because of all the opiate hoopla's, no doctor wants to give pain meds---I can get them now through hospice and my blood pressure is down again.

• Prayers
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

(New Testament | John 1:1 - 3)

1 IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Although you do not fully understand this scripture, it has nothing to do with salvation. It is our duty to keep the commandments:

(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:13 - 14)

13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.