Not open for further replies.

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
What you believe hardly matters to anyone outside of Mormonism. It is what the bible teaches that matters and it does not teach the Father ever died and was resurrected nor that He has a body of flesh and bones.
When Abraham saw God and fed him, what kind of a body did God eat the food with?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
So when Jacob wrestled with God, he did not see him?

So when Abraham saw God and fed him, this did not happen really?

We've been through the wrestling with Jacob already---it was before dawn---it was dark. Each time God is said to have been seen, He was always veiled somehow. Smoke, so forth. And from all signs, that was Jesus throughout the OT.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
When Abraham saw God and fed him, what kind of a body did God eat the food with?

It says He did eat. He "appeared" as men which does not translate to He actually was human, angels appear as human a lot, they are not. I do not know that we can then assume that they truly ate or not (or it just appeared they ate) and if they did, that it means in any way, they were actually human because they did so. So did the angels that Lot took in and made them a feast. That still does not make them human. They remained angels.

Gen_18:8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
Gen_19:3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟219,319.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So when Jacob wrestled with God, he did not see him?

So when Abraham saw God and fed him, this did not happen really?
Is God a non-consuming fire that appeared to Moses in the burning bush? No. You keep reading into things that aren't there and you lose sight of the truth. The truth is, God is an invisible spirit (John 4:24, 1 Tim 1:17) and can manifest himself in any shape or form He wants. That's his prerogative. Just because he takes a certain form, does not mean that he actually is that form.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The scripture states that Jesus is in the express image of God the Father's person therefore He is a person not a spirit.:

(New Testament | Hebrews 1:3)

3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus stated God is spirit. I'll take His word for it.
(New Testament:John 4:24)

JST John 4:24 For unto such hath God promised his Spirit. And they who worship him, must worship in spirit and in truth.

You probably do not believe in the JST but we do have a lot of things in common:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
We've been through the wrestling with Jacob already---it was before dawn---it was dark. Each time God is said to have been seen, He was always veiled somehow. Smoke, so forth. And from all signs, that was Jesus throughout the OT.
I know we have gone over this before it is just that your argument that Jacob did not see God because it was dark is ludicrous. In your words, 'pure hogwash'. Besides it was at the break of day, and at the break of day, it is light enough to see someone. So 'hogwash'.

But your final statement was interesting, "from all signs, that was Jesus throughout the OT.
1) You cannot go back and forth between God and Jesus, remember, to you they are 2 in the same being.
2) This wrestle was before the incarnation, so Jesus was only a spirit. How then could Jacob be wrestling with a 'spirit'?
3) This just proves 2 things. Jacob saw God, and God had a body of flesh and bone so he could wrestle with Jacob.

When Abraham was visited by God, that visit proved 2 things also:
1) Abraham saw God.
2) God ate lunch with Abraham. So God must have had a body of flesh and bone in order to eat and drink.
Another interesting thing about God in this episode is that later on this same God, standing on the earth, called down from heaven thunderbolts, and the God in heaven heard him and released them on Sodom and Gomorrah. Proving they are not one in the same being, but are 2 beings separate from each other, like JS said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I know we have gone over this before it is just that your argument that Jacob did not see God because it was dark is ludicrous. In your words, 'pure hogwash'. Besides it was at the break of day, and at the break of day, it is light enough to see someone. So 'hogwash'.

But your final statement was interesting, "from all signs, that was Jesus throughout the OT.
1) You cannot go back and forth between God and Jesus, remember, to you they are 2 in the same being.
2) This wrestle was before the incarnation, so Jesus was only a spirit. How then could Jacob be wrestling with a 'spirit'?
3) This just proves 2 things. Jacob saw God, and God had a body of flesh and bone so he could wrestle with Jacob.

When Abraham was visited by God, that visit proved 2 things also:
1) Abraham saw God.
2) God ate lunch with Abraham. So God must have had a body of flesh and bone in order to eat and drink.
Another interesting thing about God in this episode is that later on this same God, standing on the earth, called down from heaven thunderbolts, and the God in heaven heard him and released them on Sodom and Gomorrah. Proving they are not one in the same being, but are 2 beings separate from each other, like JS said.

It was sometime before the breaking of the day that the fight ended.

Gen 32:26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
Gen 32:31 And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.

God was veiled, not just by darkness, for when God is not veiled, His brightness is beyond what we can endure. Moses had to be veled before seeing the children of Israel just from being in His presence. No man can see God unveiled and live.

Sorry, but I most certainly can go between God and Jesus before the incarnation for they were one---one in substance, not saying they were siemese twins. After the incarnation Jesus took on human flesh in addition to His divinity.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
It was sometime before the breaking of the day that the fight ended.

Gen 32:26 And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me.
Gen 32:31 And as he passed over Penuel the sun rose upon him, and he halted upon his thigh.

God was veiled, not just by darkness, for when God is not veiled, His brightness is beyond what we can endure. Moses had to be veled before seeing the children of Israel just from being in His presence. No man can see God unveiled and live.

Sorry, but I most certainly can go between God and Jesus before the incarnation for they were one---one in substance, not saying they were siemese twins. After the incarnation Jesus took on human flesh in addition to His divinity.
Well God being veiled, not just by darkness makes more sense. Now I would like to know what that veil was, since the scripture does not mention anything about it.

Same for Abraham, no veil mentioned. Straight face to face contact with Abraham.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.