Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The Bible is full of warnings. Mormons look for opportunities to make new Mormons out of Orthodox, Catholics, Protestants, and others because whatever the non-Mormons believe is in error and definitely not enough for them to know how to be exalted to godhood. Mormons would love to have free rein to proselyte at this site. Because the Shepherds who own and run this site are on their toes, some Mormons instead of defending their false doctrines, create rabbit trails by accusing Christians of not talking about Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: RoseCrystal
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Patriarchal blessings are not prophecies. The patriarch interviews the candidate, then pronounces the blessing based on that person's answers to his questions. It's almost like he just used the answers he received and reworded them. He thinks of the advice he would give about whatever and inserts the words "the Lord wants you to..."

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The Bible is full of warnings. Mormons look for opportunities to make new Mormons out of Orthodox, Catholics, Protestants, and others because whatever the non-Mormons believe is in error and definitely not enough for them to know how to be exalted to godhood. Mormons would love to have free rein to proselyte at this site. Because the Shepherds who own and run this site are on their toes, some Mormons instead of defending their false doctrines, create rabbit trails by accusing Christians of not talking about Christ.
I have rarely seen anyone here except LDS members speak about keeping the commandments. That is the main theme of the Bible. It is one of the things that can stop a Patriarchal blessing from coming to pass if a person does not keep the commandments. Those who LOVE Jesus Christ will keep the commandments.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Patriarchal blessings are not prophecies. The patriarch interviews the candidate, then pronounces the blessing based on that person's answers to his questions. It's almost like he just used the answers he received and reworded them. He thinks of the advice he would give about whatever and inserts the words "the Lord wants you to..."
I don't remember being interviewed before I was given my Patriarchal blessing.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I have rarely seen anyone here except LDS members speak about keeping the commandments. That is the main theme of the Bible. It is one of the things that can stop a Patriarchal blessing from coming to pass if a person does not keep the commandments. Those who LOVE Jesus Christ will keep the commandments.

Patriarchal Blessings aren't prophecies. Mine was only instructions.

Christians love JESUS instead of Mormonism. Name one Christian who doesn't love Jesus.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't remember being interviewed before I was given my Patriarchal blessing.

Well, you may have forgotten. Or perhaps that guy knew your family from stake activities or being in the same ward.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

The New Testament is about the greatest event on earth!

I've rarely seen any Mormon talk about keeping the commandments except you!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
The New Testament is about the greatest event on earth!

I've rarely seen any Mormon talk about keeping the commandments except you!
There are too many people who don't believe they need to keep the commandments. Perhaps it is because they do not understand the Bible or God's requirements for those who have known the way of righteousness. Those who turn from the commandments and do not repent will lose their Patriarchal Blessings.

Everyone should LOVE Jesus Christ and keep the commandments. We were given the commandments because God LOVES us.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
So my Hindu neighbors, my atheist relatives, any non-Christian isn't going to be interested in God's commandments. They still have some ideas of right and wrong. For salvation we all need the gift of faith in Christ. We have commandments in order to bring glory to God. We have to be born again spiritually and no one gives himself the new birth.

Apart from Christ we can do nothing to bring glory to God.

John 3
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Hallelujah!

Ephesians 3
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Christian nutshell.gif
The greatest event in the Bible is what God did for us!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
So my Hindu neighbors, my atheist relatives, any non-Christian isn't going to be interested in God's commandments. They still have some ideas of right and wrong. For salvation we all need the gift of faith in Christ. We have commandments in order to bring glory to God. We have to be born again spiritually and no one gives himself the new birth.

Apart from Christ we can do nothing to bring glory to God.

John 3
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Hallelujah!

Ephesians 3
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
The Bible states that we can bring glory to God by works:

(New Testament | Matthew 5:16)

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

We are ordained to do works:

(New Testament | Ephesians 2:10)

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

We are to walk as Jesus walked:

(New Testament | 1 John 2:4 - 6)

4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Jesus doesn't just try to save individuals; He actually saves them and makes them new creatures!

Ephesians 3

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We can agree on that.
Then what made you put the emphasis on commandments instead of on Christ?

John 3
30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

The New Testament is about JESUS!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Romans 5
1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

No "Patriarchal Blessing" needed!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Then what made you put the emphasis on commandments instead of on Christ?

John 3
30 He must increase, but I must decrease.

The New Testament is about JESUS!
Because the Bible is clear that salvation is given through the atonement of Jesus Christ (grace) for those who keep the commandments. The whole duty of man is to fear God and keep the commandments:

(Old Testament | Ecclesiastes 12:13 - 14)

13 ¶ Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.
14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Those who keep the commandments will live with God. Those who don't have NO guarantee:

(New Testament | John 14:23 - 24)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Romans 5
1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2
By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

No "Patriarchal Blessing" needed!

Faith without works is dead just like the body without the spirit is dead. Good works are necessary for salvation:

(New Testament | Matthew 25:30 - 40)

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
31 ¶ When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good works are necessary for salvation:

How many good works? 2, 10, ALL YOU can do?

If the later, how are you doing today, this week, this year?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Faith without works is dead just like the body without the spirit is dead.

The work happened on the CROSS!

Ephesians 2
11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: 13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Christians are sheep following the Shepherd. Where He leads, I will follow.Christian Gods-grace-grace.jpg

Upvote 0