Lawyer who twice voted against Trump says this is a 'sad day for the Constitution'

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
the pro-Trump people who think he can do no wrong
Hardly, I mean really, what form of psychosis would support the one who has spent his life upholding the rule of law. The second group therefore is largely a non-existant fringe.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Dershowitz said there are three groups of people: the "vast majority" of Americans who are centrists who "want to see the law applied fairly and equally, and we're seeing this more and more."
https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/dershowitz-trump-raid-fbi/2022/08/09/id/1082401/

Has the law really been applied "equally and fairly?" I hear people all the time--from the man in the street to the ladies of "The View" say that if Barack Obama had done 10% of what there is clear and convincing evidence Trump has done that he never would have finished his term and would have been in jail for years.

But TBT no one has done what Trump has been shown to have done by clear and convincing evidence--on video, written about in numerous books by eyewitnesses, evidence from impeachment hearings and trials and the current 1/6 hearing. Richard Nixon was a choir boy by comparison.

I have heard that James Buchanan is still considered to be the worst president. I know he preceded Lincoln and led when the country was ready to split apart, but I can't imagine how badly he must have bungled it to be called the worst president today.

I have been astonished at the DOJ's restraint.

And so yes, I, too, want to see the law applied fairly and equally. It is about time that our legal system treats private citizen Trump as any other private citizen, required to answer subpoenas or be in held in contempt, required to testify or be held in contempt, subject to search warrants when he has refused to provide the documents subpoenaed.

The Trump-appointed judge who issued the warrant and Trump-appointed FBI Director who enforced it did the right thing.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Has the law really been applied "equally and fairly?" I hear people all the time--from the man in the street to the ladies of "The View" say that if Barack Obama had done 10% of what there is clear and convincing evidence Trump has done that he never would have finished his term and would have been in jail for years.

But TBT no one has done what Trump has been shown to have done by clear and convincing evidence--on video, written about in numerous books by eyewitnesses, evidence from impeachment hearings and trials and the current 1/6 hearing. Richard Nixon was a choir boy by comparison.

I have heard that James Buchanan is still considered to be the worst president. I know he preceded Lincoln and led when the country was ready to split apart, but I can't imagine how badly he must have bungled it to be called the worst president today.

I have been astonished at the DOJ's restraint.

And so yes, I, too, want to see the law applied fairly and equally. It is about time that our legal system treats private citizen Trump as any other private citizen, required to answer subpoenas or be in held in contempt, required to testify or be held in contempt, subject to search warrants when he has refused to provide the documents subpoenaed.

The Trump-appointed judge who issued the warrant and Trump-appointed FBI Director who enforced it did the right thing.
Trump never even had a traffic ticket. The Bidens have been involved in all kinds of shady activity, Joe has claimed he has had multiple degrees and graduated in the top half of his class, he has plagiarized, he has lied about his involvement in Hunter's business dealings, and Hunter has received, what is it, 150 formal warnings of so for shady financial transactions? What Trump has done is confront the corrupt Washington establishment, he has curtailed the wasteful U.S. spending, made other countries accountable for their fair share, achieved energy independence for the U.S., created a booming economy, kept inflation low, dealt with the southern border problems.

• Agree
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Trump never even had a traffic ticket. The Bidens have been involved in all kinds of shady activity, Joe has claimed he has had multiple degrees and graduated in the top half of his class, he has plagiarized, he has lied about his involvement in Hunter's business dealings, and Hunter has received, what is it, 150 formal warnings of so for shady financial transactions? What Trump has done is confront the corrupt Washington establishment, he has curtailed the wasteful U.S. spending, made other countries accountable for their fair share, achieved energy independence for the U.S., created a booming economy, kept inflation low, dealt with the southern border problems.

Hahaha! You have been snookered good!

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I suggest you read the Mueller Report and transcripts from two impeachment hearings and the 1/6 committee. Look at his speeches. Look at his videos.

During his campaign in 2016, Trump said he could get away with killing a man in Times Square. And when I look at the mile-long list of offenses he has compiled with a loyal base still supporting him i am beginning to think it's true.

I just Googled DNS content filters. Is there one that filters out truth? Sometimes it seems like the only explanation.

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What about what about what about what about?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dershowitz
Dershowitz, really?
If Prof. Tribe started defending Trump Dershowitz would be preaching the exact opposite of Tribe.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I suggest you read the Mueller Report and transcripts from two impeachment hearings and the 1/6 committee. Look at his speeches. Look at his videos.

During his campaign in 2016, Trump said he could get away with killing a man in Times Square. And when I look at the mile-long list of offenses he has compiled with a loyal base still supporting him i am beginning to think it's true.

I just Googled DNS content filters. Is there one that filters out truth? Sometimes it seems like the only explanation.
How could Trump done all those things and never been convicted of any wrong doing? Kind of brings reality into focus. Rumors are rumors, lies are lies, and innuendo is convincing more people than ever.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How could Trump done all those things and never been convicted of any wrong doing? Kind of brings reality into focus. Rumors are rumors, lies are lies, and innuendo is convincing more people than ever.
One of these days he'll get convicted of something, just you wait and see, any day now...

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One of these days he'll get convicted of something, just you wait and see, any day now...
Investigating organized criminal activity takes time and coordination of multiple enforcement agencies.

This is from an investigation from the 1980's illustrating the difficulty dealing with complex illegal activities:

Over more than four years, the FBI and its partners gathered a mountain of records and evidence and utilized an array of investigative capabilities. They conducted surveillance on multiple players on multiple continents, sometimes around the clock. They traced and analyzed thousands of telephone calls, often from remote pay phones.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He insulated himself with an Attorney General who was often described as being more like his personal lawyer. He forbade his staffers to testify at impeachment proceedings. He had scores of high paid lawyers who initiated lawsuits and postponements to prevent evidence from being shared. He refused to testify himself, passing written questionnaires over to attorneys.
He claimed executive privilege on everything, and claimed it for his aides and family as well.
But despite it all the truth was revealed, and when it was he had Republican legislators who shrugged and said it didn't matter, because they knew he would destroy their careers if they crossed him.
Some of this network is still intact but now, as a private citizen, he only has about 100 times as much protection as a defendant with a legal aid lawyer.
He is leaving NY after taking the 5th today at a deposition on his Civil fraud case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I remember when I was first told it takes time, several years ago.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I remember when I was first told it takes time, several years ago.
Trump, for all his faults, knows the value of a scorched earth conflict management like Russia in WWII and Ukraine. If you can't win, destroy as much as you can along the way.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump, for all his faults, knows the value of a scorched earth conflict management like Russia in WWII and Ukraine. If you can't win, destroy as much as you can along the way.
Trump is no saint. But it's obvious all of this is purely political and the real goal has been trying to keep him from being reelected. That's why it's unlikely any actual indictment will ever take place.

• Agree
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump is no saint. But it's obvious all of this is purely political and the real goal has been trying to keep him from being reelected. That's why it's unlikely any actual indictment will ever take place.
Agreed, he is a danger to the republic and should not be running for office. But it is interesting that so many of his supporters are soiling themselves in the figurative sense.

As indictments continue, the guy at the top is usually last to do a perp walk.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They need to convict him of something in order to stop him from running--that is their whole purpose.

Upvote 0