Knowing the "heart" (and mind maybe) of God...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Knowing the "heart" (and mind maybe) of God...?

Is this possible...? And if so, what is it (God's heart) like...? According to all the information we have on him (God) or this (his heart), in all the scriptures...?

This came up because of these posts in this thread:

Was or is YHWH, or the God that interacted with men in the OT 100% completely omniscient...?

Was or is YHWH, or the God that interacted with men in the OT 100% completely omniscient...?

What do you think...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gell

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
You can not know God's mind or heart or what He is doing right now and will actually do.
There is none like God, He is unique. God actually tells us He declares what will be before it happens. How can man know that kind of God, but Paul tells us we can have the mind of Christ.
God does whatever He wishes with this fallen world.
But we also know only God is good, but God also judges sinful man, bringing about both good and bad things to fulfil His purposes and you can not change God's mind unless He has already determined to change it.

Isaiah 46
8 “Remember this, and show yourselves men;
Recall to mind, O you transgressors.
9 Remember the former things of old,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like Me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things that are not yet done,
Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all My pleasure,’
11 Calling a bird of prey from the east,
The man who executes My counsel, from a far country.
Indeed I have spoken it;
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it;
I will also do it.

Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You can not know God's mind or heart or what He is doing right now and will actually do.
There is none like God, He is unique. God actually tells us He declares what will be before it happens. How can man know that kind of God, but Paul tells us we can have the mind of Christ.
God does whatever He wishes with this fallen world.
But we also know only God is good, but God also judges sinful man, bringing about both good and bad things to fulfil His purposes and you can not change God's mind unless He has already determined to change it.

Isaiah 46
8 “Remember this, and show yourselves men;
Recall to mind, O you transgressors.
9 Remember the former things of old,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like Me,
10 Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things that are not yet done,
Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all My pleasure,’
11 Calling a bird of prey from the east,
The man who executes My counsel, from a far country.
Indeed I have spoken it;
I will also bring it to pass.
I have purposed it;
I will also do it.
Wrong... we can know the heart of God, for he would not make that not possible for us... And, in fact, he would make it "relatively" easy...

The Key is in God's beginnings in the OT with us, and up to his existence as man with us and his end by his experience with going to the cross and dying for us on or at the cross...

Did you look at the links, or not...?

They are kind of key to this...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Wrong... we can know the heart of God, for he would not make that not possible for us... And, in fact, he would make it "relatively" easy...

The Key is in God's beginnings in the OT with us, and up to his existence as man with us and his end by his experience with going to the cross and dying for us on or at the cross...

Did you look at the links, or not...?

They are kind of key to this...

God Bless!
You are wrong, yet you tell me I am wrong?

God said we can not know His mind.

Romans 11:33-35 New King James Version (NKJV)
33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has become His counselor?”
35 “Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?”

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You are wrong, yet you tell me I am wrong?

God said we can not know His mind.

33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

More important is knowing his heart, and he would not make that unknowable for us...

And we can have his mind as well, (1 Corinthians 2:16) for scripture says so, but I don't want to argue, and I'm mainly wanting to talk about knowing his heart here...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Even if no one agrees with me, still I can point to them the above scripture and hold fast to the Rock of my salvation in integrity of heart.
Let God be true and every man a liar.

Anyone who disagrees, may God show it to them.
Yeah, you keep holding fast to your pride then, and deny and reject the truth if you wish, K...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
More important is knowing his heart, and he would not make that unknowable for us...

And we can have his mind as well, (1 Corinthians 2:16) for scripture says so, but I don't want to argue, and I'm mainly wanting to talk about knowing his heart here...

God Bless!
The verse you even quote back to me highlights your error.

16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

You know God has a will and a mind but so does Christ. the point is you can not know the mind of God, but you can have the same mind that Christ had while He was on this earth, you have that by walking as He walked. Christ is now back with God and glorified, so you can not know His mind, are you God yourself? You can not know the thoughts of a man, how much less the mind of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If you do not believe what the scripture says, then you are practicing sophistry.
I quoted 1 Corinthians 2:16...

How do you explain what that scripture says...?

To have the mind of Christ and know Christ's mind is to have the mind of God, likewise to know the heart of Christ is have and know the heart of God also...

For we can only know these about the Father God by and through Christ, and if we know and have Christ's then we know and have the Father's also, for it/him (through Christ) is the only way to know him (the mind and heart of the Father)...

Maybe you do not believe what scripture says...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The verse you even quote back to me highlights your error.

16 For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

You know God has a will and a mind but so does Christ. the point is you can not know the mind of God, but you can have the same mind that Christ had while He was on this earth, you have that by walking as He walked. Christ is now back with God and glorified, so you can not know His mind, are you God yourself? You can not know the thoughts of a man, how much less the mind of God.
God would not make himself unknowable... Those words (that you quote) are the frustrations of men who felt defeated trying to figure it/them/him out....

But, they are really "not that hard" to figure, find out, or search out...

Agnostics are agnostic cause they claim God is unknowable, do you think it is not possible to know God also, like them...?

Believing God is unknowable, is the thinking of an agnostic and is one step away from atheism...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
I quoted 1 Corinthians 2:16...

How do you explain what that scripture says...?

To have the mind of Christ and know Christ's mind is to have the mind of God, likewise to know the heart of Christ is have and know the heart of God also...

For we can only know these about the Father God by and through Christ, and if we know and have Christ's then we know and have the Father's also, for it/him (through Christ) is the only way to know him (the mind and heart of the Father)...

Maybe you do not believe what scripture says...?

God Bless!
The verse in Romans from post #4, maybe you don't seem to believe what scripture says. Paul says we can not know the mind of the Lord. Yet you say we know the mind of God. Are you God in God's place and know all things too? Some people do believe they are God.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
God would not make himself unknowable... Those words (that you quote) are the frustrations of men who felt defeated trying to figure it/them/him out....

But, they are really "not that hard" to figure, find out, or search out...

Agnostics are agnostic cause they claim God is unknowable, do you think it is not possible to know God also, like them...?

Believing God is unknowable, is the thinking of an agnostic and is one step away from atheism...

God Bless!
LOL, scripture is a result of the frustration of men??

Ok, I see your second guessing scriptural truths now, where will that end up for you. You going to become a new apostle?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The verse in Romans from post #4, maybe you don't seem to believe what scripture says. Paul says we can not know the mind of the Lord. Yet you say we know the mind of God. Are you God in God's place and know all things too? Some people do believe they are God.

The mind will only come and follow after the "heart" and I want to focus on knowing God's heart here... and no I do not know it all yet, but I have faith that it is very possible to know...

And apparently, you don't, so...

God Bless!

• Friendly
Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Ok, I see your second guessing scriptural truths now, where will that end up for you. You going to become a new apostle?
I'm saying they were men trying to figure out God, and being men, they sometimes got depressed, felt defeated, ect (had human emotions) and yes, that does sometimes come out in what they wrote... And that does make them lies, but truth about the human condition...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Apparently you do not think it is possible to know God, and also think that Christ is or was not God, since you don't think knowing him (his heart and his mind) is to know God... So, you don't believe that Christ was or is God apparently...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
The mind will only come and follow after the "heart" and I want to focus on knowing God's heart here... and no I do not know it all yet, but I have faith that it is very possible to know...

And apparently, you don't, so...

God Bless!
I suppose seeing through a glass darkly does not apply to us, hmmm?
We only see more fully when we pass on and then it will take ages to come to experience and learn these things! And even then in that age, there are further ages to come, and we will not know the mind of God, what He has planned for ever more ages to come.
More frustration from the apostles doctrines??

1 Corinthians 13
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I suppose seeing through a glass darkly does not apply to us, hmmm?
We only see more fully when we pass on and then it will take ages to come to experience and learn these things! And even then in that age, there are further ages to come, and we will not know the mind of God, what He has planned for ever more ages to come.
More frustration from the apostles doctrines??

1 Corinthians 13
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
Look I said I do not know it all, but that I believe it is possible to know, what more do you want...?

We can know and in this life as well... God would not make it or him unknowable, or make that not possible...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
I'm saying they were men trying to figure out God, and being men, they sometimes got depressed, felt defeated, ect (had human emotions) and yes, that does sometimes come out in what they wrote... And that does make them lies, but truth about the human condition...

God Bless!
Scripture , Jesus said can not be broken, Peter said scripture is inspired BY the Holy Spirit.
Those words in the NT are also the scriptures and also not the depressed writings of false apostles.

All scripture is inspired by God. Meaning those words are as if spoken or written by His mind and hand.
No it is not 'magic', they are pure words from God's heart, it is also how you can know you have eternal life in Christ .

Psalm 12:6
The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

They enlighten your mind and guard the paths of your feet. If you stray you suffer.

Psalm 68:11
The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it.

Upvote 0