Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do Christians have any place buying or selling them?

What exactly are we doing wrong, allegedly, if we do?

If you're trying to 'rediscover' your faith or whatever, I think you're going about it the wrong way if you're trying to get your footing by asking if Christians are right/wrong for buying a bootleg copy of Lethal Weapon IV. Shift your focus.

Upvote 0

ilovesendai7

Apr 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟8,690.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If you're trying to 'rediscover' your faith or whatever, I think you're going about it the wrong way if you're trying to get your footing by asking if Christians are right/wrong for buying a bootleg copy of Lethal Weapon IV. Shift your focus.
I'm not trying to "rediscover" anything. I thought it was an interesting question. Get off your high horse.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not trying to "rediscover" anything. I thought it was an interesting question. Get off your high horse.

Really? Cause this sure sounds like it:

Actually I am currently going through a personal journey of interpreting the Bible and what sin is, because I want to live a life pleasing to God. I definitely do not have it all figured out, and that's why I post here to gain different perspectives from other followers of Christ. I am currently undecided on the dolls, teddy bears, and contraception issues, but slightly more sure of the boyfriend / girlfriend thing.

Upvote 0

ilovesendai7

Apr 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟8,690.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Really? Cause this sure sounds like it:
Different post, you have no evidence to show that this issue is related.

Either way, if you're such an expert, why are you unfamiliar with this?:

When pride comes, then comes disgrace,
but with humility comes wisdom.
Proverbs 11:2

Consider that in future interactions.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Different post, you have no evidence to show that this issue is related.

Either way, if you're such an expert, why are you unfamiliar with this?:

When pride comes, then comes disgrace,
but with humility comes wisdom.
Proverbs 11:2

Consider that in future interactions.

So what if it's a different post? Your pattern thus far on the forum has been to ask questions all weakly associated with some kind of faith-morals-ethics theme, so it's logical to assume it's all connected to your journey. You're quick to get defensive and accuse someone of pride though, when they're just telling you that—if it's indeed the case that this thread is part of your quest—a question about the ethics of bootlegged merchandise isn't going to net you a meaningful theological response.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is your view of them?

Including unbranded goods with Disney characters printed on, etc.

W-wh-what? o_O

No seriously.. what? o_O

Pretty sure that's illegal. Heck I'm an atheist and even I wouldn't do that.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What is your view of them?

Including unbranded goods with Disney characters printed on, etc.

There is only one who isn't a knock off and that is God's creations.

And the best part of it, God's creations are free, well, until, man figured out to put a wall around it, restrict the supply, create a need that shouldn't be there in the first place and made lots of profit from it. Eventually, man figured out to make patents to discourage knock offs and make more profits.

So I'd say, knock yourself out with knock offs as long as they're not toxic, you could actually save money off it, and you're not betting your life on it.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I can barely remember lion king i watched it and saw the musical extravaganza years ago.
But..i recall it kinda knocked off Hamlet and shakespeare sort of knocked off the cain and abel story in the Bible. Im sure it was one brothers killing each another and then the brother married the other brothers widow. Or something like that. And then the son killed the evil uncle. And then they all ended up killing each other.

And then the rain came down and the floods came up. And that story was knocked off in the movie Noah except they changed that as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ilovesendai7

Apr 12, 2016
New Zealand
✟8,690.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
if it's indeed the case that this thread is part of your quest—a question about the ethics of bootlegged merchandise isn't going to net you a meaningful theological response.
I never claimed that it was part of my "quest", that was your assumption, and I honestly don't know why you're even wasting your time commenting on my posts it you think that my questions are not worthy of "theological responses" - of which I am not even seeking... I enjoy hearing other peoples' point of view and having intelligent, respectful discussions.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Anyway, to someone acquainted with copyright laws as a responsible librarian ought to be, let it be known that the only english version that doesnt have a copyright and is in public domain is the KJV.

So all those other 'modern versions'? Fakes.

Upvote 0