Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sure is my first.....I only discovered this site today.

Welcome! When this thread was created, I wasn't yet a Knight, but I am now. I'm not super-active and haven't bothered to progress beyond 1st Degree, but I'm happy to be a member. They do a lot of good.

Reactions: AZKNIGHT
Upvote 0

mea kulpa

Benedictine Traditional Catholic
Feb 9, 2016
united kingdom
✟39,142.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I dont like secret societies of any kind there is potential for infiltration at higher levels and you never know who your working for. If there has been infiltartion by the masons in the church its feasible that masons hold a high degree in this or other secret societies.

• Agree
Reactions: Elephant
Upvote 0

Elephant

Mar 3, 2019
Grand Island
✟15,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Knights of Columbus degree ceremonies are only kept a secret because they contain aspects that are meant to get men fired up about their faith. The pope is a Knight and every parish priest is a Knight, nothing illegal or "scarey" happens. The secret of the degree is in place so that men get the full impact, and trust me, they will fire your fiance up about being Catholic and a man of God! I am a 3rd degree member, and I know my 3rd degree was AMAZING. The more degrees he receives the more active he will be able to be. I would like to firstly point out, this IS a Catholic ministry, I am unsure why you would be afraid in the first place, a priest (Fr. Michael McGivney) was the founder...
Well... considering what priests have been doing for many, many years, as well as bishops and cardinals, and even the pope (as far as sweeping things under a rug), I don't approve of secret societies at all. So many people have been hurt by the secrets the priests have kept! Girls Scouts, ladies' auxiliaries, 4-H, Boy Scouts - none of them demand that you do something in an initiation and then keep it secret from your spouse (The two should be as one? Apparently not.) There should be no reason to have secret things going on behind closed doors, with guards. My opinion.

Upvote 0

Elephant

Mar 3, 2019
Grand Island
✟15,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It’s not a secret society.
I would strongly disagree. When you have secret passwords, a secret handshake, cannot tell what happens during your initiation, then it is a secret society. Unless you are using some special definition of “society”. I looked up and found what happens in the first and second degrees and it is spooky. I would never have gone along with this.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AvilaSurfer

Supporter
May 14, 2015
NO
✟928,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would strongly disagree. When you have secret passwords, a secret handshake, cannot tell what happens during your initiation, then it is a secret society. Unless you are using some special definition of “society”. I looked up and found what happens in the first and second degrees and it is spooky. I would never have gone along with this.
Well I guess you got me..
Except none of that is true. The only thing that is remotely accurate is they ask you to not reveal the actual initiation rite. See how I worded that? “Ask”.
So stop spreading lies.

• Winner
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
okay so he can't know what is going to happen, but why can't wives know? Why can I not know what he did after he did it. I want to know what he committed to and what he has gotten involved in. I understand the not knowing before hand makes the men honest about it, but why an I now not know what happened after he did it? It won't stop worrying me.

Can’t men do things with men without the wife knowing every detail?
Maybe get involved with some female friends.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You win. People have lost all commonsense and the concept of an innocent privacy anymore. I think this is a time where we can say the residents are running the insane asylum. There is really no rhyme or reason to anything anymore.
Maybe get involved with some female friends.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
You win. People have lost all commonsense and the concept of an innocent privacy anymore. I think this us a time where we can say the residents are running the insane asylum. There us really no rhyme or reason to anything anymore.

Agree! I could never tolerate someone needing to know my every move. Yuchh.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really creepy imo. But it seems we are in the age of Big Brother. Minions follow suit.
Agree! I could never tolerate someone needing to know my every move. Yuchh.

Reactions: eastcoast_bsc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are right, of course. But women today seem to have a rather proprietary view of their husbands. If he does something then gosh darn golly gee she has a right to know every last detail about it because woman.

Some things are not for men. Other things are not for women. Seriously, why do people struggle with this?

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Old thread is old.

It's a fraternal society, not a secret society. There's a difference. Privacy is not the same as secrecy. Men can have private things, I know privacy and male-only things are frowned upon in this post-modern PC world, but I think it's good—men need something to themselves in this world when feminists are encroaching on everything else. The knights don't do anything nefarious.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey everyone! Regardless of that tired old idea of gender... male and female restrooms, clubs, etc. I feel it would be appropriate that we all discuss our last confession with our priests. I just feel that's it is wrong that anyone should feel left out. Medical records would be helpful too. Lord knows we should avoid anything too cult like which shows anything that draws outside the lines of the one world order. And lets all believe what we all say to each other as victims. We should always believe the victim. Evidence be damned. Now go back into your PC boxes and think about it. I trust you'll share. Should you have a maverick idea or thought, we'll bully you right back into the correct narrative. We are here for you. ;) No exclusion people! We are all the same. Clones! Let's make this happen!! We are borg! Assimilate!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,216,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum.
If you are not a Catholic you may not put up teaching or debating posts in this section. That includes posts that denigrate the Knights of Columbus.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0