Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
true, especially with such a noble cause as this one has.
just because the knights aren't flourishing in a couple of places is no reason why the rest of us can't enjoy bragging rights for the good things that the Knights do.
I know that our parish would be hard pressed indeed without the many services of the knights and their families.

Upvote 0

bill5

Jul 30, 2011
✟63,199.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
It's just disappointing to open a thread and find it has been long dead.
Really? I never got that. If it's a topic of interest, why does it matter how old it is? The KofC (not to be confused with KFC) is the broader topic here, I think. That it was started way back isn't a big deal to me. :)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hate it. I think a new thread is in order when a thread is years old. Most people in the thread are not even here to participate anymore.
Really? I never got that. If it's a topic of interest, why does it matter how old it is? The KofC (not to be confused with KFC) is the broader topic here, I think. That it was started way back isn't a big deal to me. :)

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I hate it. I think a new thread is in order when a thread is years old.

The thread may have been dead, but the organization is very much alive and kicking, and definitely worthy of mention in here.
besides that, the organization still does have initiations (obviously) so it's not something that is relevant only in a moment of time, or one that doesn't have a broader appeal than the initial posters.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just feel a new thread should be started as posters in this thread are long gone.
The thread may have been dead, but the organization is very much alive and kicking, and definitely worthy of mention in here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,672,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Me too but I just don't like it. If you guys think you can turn it into a productive thread about the KoC then you could pleasantly surprise me. It might change my mind. :)
? Because?

So?

Sorry agree to disagree :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
we can but try...........

right now our Knights are headding up a Winter clothing drive for the local Veteran's hospital.
Several of them are also attending our church RCIA classes each week as supporters and helpers.
they bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to our class as well as a lot of laughter.

we see them each week standing outside the chuch to welcome folks to mass,
and they act as ushers inside the church to help find places for folks to sit.
they also take up the collection, and do the yard work for the parish.

I'm just a newbie, but even I can see what a great source of help and support they are to our parish.
they are literally our hands and feet, and they deserve heaps and heaps of praise for being so.
To say that they are Christianity in action would not be putting it too strongly.

Upvote 0