Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
You do understand what he was saying, correct? He can no longer read it due to cognitive decline. He was able to, now he cannot.

He just told you he is not able to read it, and can read the others. Your answer to that is that he CAN read it?

Sorry, not flying. Obviously if he could before, and can't now, something changed. You insisting he should be able to doesn't answer what he brought up.

It's okay. He doesn't understand cognitive decline and what that does to a person's ability to do many common everyday things. I can not fault him for something he doesn't understand.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
You are ignoring the fact that the versions he is using falsify the Word of God. They are not the Word of God. Cognitive decline is a pretty complicated concept isn't it? Thy cognitive decline givest thee a poor excuse for saying thine understanding is diminished. No?

I just want you to know that I forgive you. You do not understand cognitive decline and therefore do not know how it affects a person and in what ways.

You are forgiven.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Problems with translations other that the King James Translation and their textual basis are not evidence for the perfection of the King James Translation of the Bible. Indeed, they are nothing but distractions from the fact that the King James Translation of the Bible is imperfect as has already been incontrovertibly proven in this thread.

Can you find a imperfection in the king James,that directly refutes the Devine nature of Christ Jesus?

As far as proving error in King James:

With translation you will have words that simply cannot translate, the term is called a Lexical Gap.
This occurrence need not change the contextual intention of the original author.

Often the subject matter is completely changed by way of lexical ambiguity,and the doctrine being promoted by the Translator.

This is the gist of this topic : The gross misuse of semantic gaps in the Critical Text.

Not just gaps either a vast amount of deletions that are directly intent on removing Christ From the Godhead.

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You do understand what he was saying, correct? He can no longer read it due to cognitive decline. He was able to, now he cannot.

He just told you he is not able to read it, and can read the others. Your answer to that is that he CAN read it?

Sorry, not flying. Obviously if he could before, and can't now, something changed. You insisting he should be able to doesn't answer what he brought up.

Not to be insensitive to issues beyond my understanding but a observation none the less.

Would logic dictate that reading any book on a 5th grade level would be simpler than a book on a 10 grade level?

It would seem more difficult to quit using what you are accustomed to, and move up in difficulties.

Average words per sentence King James 8.78

Average words per sentence ESV 18.82

Source : provided by quick verse bible software.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Not to be insensitive to issues beyond my understanding but a observation none the less.

Would logic dictate that reading any book on a 5th grade level would be simpler than a book on a 10 grade level?

It would seem more difficult to quit using what you are accustomed to, and move up in difficulties.

Average words per sentence King James 8.78

Average words per sentence ESV 18.82

Source : provided by quick verse bible software.

It's not the words per sentence that matters. It's the archaic language that we do not speak that is an issue.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It's okay. He doesn't understand cognitive decline and what that does to a person's ability to do many common everyday things. I can not fault him for something he doesn't understand.

Tal is just mad because Tydale and Rogers were murdered by Catholic backed thugs because of their God-given dedication for translating the Wod of God into English.

Anybody who has true "cognitive decline" such as in old-timer's disease has my sympathy. I have several elderly friends who are in different stages of real "cognitive decline", and my beloved mentor is in such severe delcine that his children now keep him pretty much isolated while they protect him as his time runs out.

The way "cognitive decline" was used here as a support for modern books wihch pretend to be the Bible is in ignorance of the fact that no modern version can qualify as the Word of God due to doctrinal changes and all versions which came after the King James Bible are on a higher reading level by national scolastic standardized testing than the King James Bible.

Any person who argues with me about "cognitive deline" has more than enough understanding that "cognitive decline" does not give them an excuse for trashing their Bible. Even with "cognitive decline" is is better to stay with the only English translation that qualifies as the Word of God. If cognitive decline is an excuse for trashing the King James Bible, you might as well just go with Jack and the Beanstalk and be happy.

Quit looking for excuses to call yourself a victim or call other people insensitive...and quit making excuses for trashing the Word of God to replace it with fraudulent imposters of "modern translations" which are not translations of the Word of God at all but are momey making enterprises which are sold by fraudulent means such as "they ere written in modern language".

Look at the real issues in the translation of the Word of God into English, and that is the blood of the martyrs who God used to plant seeds in the heart of the King of England to commission the best translation possible in English while God's hand brought His Word into English as the world came out of the Catholiic and then Catholic/Orthodox dark ages and English became the closest thing to a universal language after the Tower of Babyl. thanks to the good old US of A, agaist all devices of the Catholc Chruch which had keep the world in the dark ages for centuries.

The King James Bible has changed continents and the devil wants to destroy it be insulting the King of England and the translatore and replacing them with money grubbbing undogly editors and publishers who are more than happy to sell you a pile of garbage that does not use the old form of English so you think it's easier and better to read even though it can easily be shown it is not easier to read and it is not better because it changes key words and passages which change doctrines and should be rejected as lies from Hell by anybody who is indwelt by the Spirit of God which gave His Word to men.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It's not the words per sentence that matters. It's the archaic language that we do not speak that is an issue.

Thou sayest that archaic languge is the issue, while thou ignorest the doctrinal changes of key words and key passages in thy pet fraudulent imposter of God's Word.

Questions about "words per sentence" belong in typing class or maybe in Grammar and Compostiion 101, but that is in irrelevant argument when it comes to determining which book is the Word of God. I love the long run on sentences of the King James Bible; line upon line and precept upon precept, many doctrinal points built one on top of the other.

The issue of modern versions is the docrinal changes they make, weakening the doctrines of the Triinity, the deity of Christ, the reality of Hell, and much more by changing key words and key phrases which allow the fundamentals of the fatih to be questionable and deniable to readers who prefer to ignore God's Word so they can enjoy their own pet delusion of reality and forget about God's demands for our personal holiness.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Tal is just mad because Tydale and Rogers were murdered by Catholic backed thugs because of their God-given dedication for translating the Wod of God into English.

Anybody who has true "cognitive decline" such as in old-timer's disease has my sympathy. I have several elderly friends who are in different stages of real "cognitive decline", and my beloved mentor is in such severe delcine that his children now keep him pretty much isolated while they protect him as his time runs out.

The way "cognitive decline" was used here as a support for modern books wihch pretend to be the Bible is in ignorance of the fact that no modern version can qualify as the Word of God due to doctrinal changes and all versions which came after the King James Bible are on a higher reading level by national scolastic standardized testing than the King James Bible.

Any person who argues with me about "cognitive deline" has more than enough understanding that "cognitive decline" does not give them an excuse for trashing their Bible. Even with "cognitive decline" is is better to stay with the only English translation that qualifies as the Word of God. If cognitive decline is an excuse for trashing the King James Bible, you might as well just go with Jack and the Beanstalk and be happy.

Quit looking for excuses to call yourself a victim or call other people insensitive...and quit making excuses for trashing the Word of God to replace it with fraudulent imposters of "modern translations" which are not translations of the Word of God at all but are momey making enterprises which are sold by fraudulent means such as "they ere written in modern language".

Look at the real issues in the translation of the Word of God into English, and that is the blood of the martyrs who God used to plant seeds in the heart of the King of England to commission the best translation possible in English while God's hand brought His Word into English as the world came out of the Catholiic and then Catholic/Orthodox dark ages and English became the closest thing to a universal language after the Tower of Babyl. thanks to the good old US of A, agaist all devices of the Catholc Chruch which had keep the world in the dark ages for centuries.

The King James Bible has changed continents and the devil wants to destroy it be insulting the King of England and the translatore and replacing them with money grubbbing undogly editors and publishers who are more than happy to sell you a pile of garbage that does not use the old form of English so you think it's easier and better to read even though it can easily be shown it is not easier to read and it is not better because it changes key words and passages which change doctrines and should be rejected as lies from Hell by anybody who is indwelt by the Spirit of God which gave His Word to men.

I forgive you again for not truly understanding.

I am not trashing the KJV, it is a fine Bible, but not one that my wife can read due to her cognitive decline. You are not living with us, so you can not know the extent to which cognitive decline affects my wife. That is why I forgive you.

I forgive you for being as closed minded as you have accused me of being.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Thou sayest that archaic languge is the issue, while thou ignorest the doctrinal changes of key words and key passages in thy pet fraudulent imposter of God's Word.

Questions about "words per sentence" belong in typing class or maybe in Grammar and Compostiion 101, but that is in irrelevant argument when it comes to determining which book is the Word of God. I love the long run on sentences of the King James Bible; line upon line and precept upon precept, many doctrinal points built one on top of the other.

The issue of modern versions is the docrinal changes they make, weakening the doctrines of the Triinity, the deity of Christ, the reality of Hell, and much more by changing key words and key phrases which allow the fundamentals of the fatih to be questionable and deniable to readers who prefer to ignore God's Word so they can enjoy their own pet delusion of reality and forget about God's demands for our personal holiness.

I also forgive you for your accusations against me throughout your interactions with me in these parts.

I will now head back to the Lutheran forums where I probably belong.

Reactions: tall73
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PrincetonGuy

Veteran
Feb 19, 2005
U.S.A.
✟109,240.00
Faith
Baptist
All princeton guy has proved is that he rejects God's hand in the preeservation of His Word and it's translation into English without the endorsement of Princetom or Sherlock or Scooby Doo U.

This is another of your very numerous lies. I have documented in this thread several very serious flaws in the KJV, and in none of your posts have you refuted even one of the flaws. Neither have you presented any evidence of any kind that God made even the very slightest effort to preserve his word in English. Indeed, the very concept of preservation presupposes former existence, and the King James translation of the Bible did not exist until 1611.

The teaching of KJVism is not taught or endorsed by any accredited college or university, and is found taught only in independent Baptist churches pastored by men with an extremely limited education.

Moreover, the doctrine of KJOism is an attempt in exceedingly dark spiritual places to discourage people from reading well-translated Bibles in English that they are able to understand, leaving them with a seriously flawed, archaic translation that is becoming increasingly difficult to read because English is a rapidly changing language. The spiritual forces behind the KJOism movement have chosen the KJV because English can be read by the largest number of people and, therefore, the largest number of people can be left with a seriously flawed, archaic translation of the Bible that they cannot understand.

That this is an accurate and true perspective is documented by the countless malicious and slanderous lies told by this movement in which they dishonestly castigate Christians who have devoted their lives to the cause of ensuring that the Bible can be read and accurately understood, not only by well-educated members of the clergy, but by the men, women, and young people sitting in the pews.

Upvote 0

Boidae

Senior Veteran
Aug 18, 2010
Central Florida
✟21,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've watched and read similar things. It changes nothing in my mind.

That is fine. When I die and stand before an all Holy God, I have sounded the horn. I have fulfilled my purpose.

He heard the sound of the trumpet, and took not warning; his blood shall be upon him. But he that taketh warning shall deliver his soul. But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, the very concept of preservation presupposes former existence, and the King James translation of the Bible did not exist until 1611.

Correct, he has made no attempt to clarify that point. And it certainly does need to be clarified. A preservation that only takes place 1600 years after the church was founded doesn't do much good for the church.

And if preservation just in a few places,later to be revealed, is any criteria you could just as easily apply it to the Alexandrian text type examples.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟878,027.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All princeton guy has proved is that he rejects God's hand in the preeservation of His Word and it's translation into English without the endorsement of Princetom or Sherlock or Scooby Doo U.

Where was God's word preserved elsewhere? Can you point to examples of the same underlying text as the KJV being preserved in other languages or throughout the Christian era?

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
At what point do we stop? We currently have over 200 bible versions some of which change the "he" of God to "She". Others completely change the message of God entirely even to the point of humanizing Jesus, and Mary having relations with Joseph to conceive Jesus. These more liberal bible are coming out because of the other newer versions, and many are translated from them.

What about the versions that completely distort what we know to be true about God or his message?

The Jehovah's Witness Bible

http://mormonbible.org/

The Queen James Bible - A Gay Bible

There is a very real attack on the word of God. You have to remember... it is written a great falling away will happen, and a new one wold religion will appear. The only way to accomplish this is to get everyone to accept the same values.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Where was God's word preserved elsewhere? Can you point to examples of the same underlying text as the KJV being preserved in other languages or throughout the Christian era?

The Geneva Bible.

The great Isaiah Scroll.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I forgive you again for not truly understanding.

I am not trashing the KJV, it is a fine Bible, but not one that my wife can read due to her cognitive decline. You are not living with us, so you can not know the extent to which cognitive decline affects my wife. That is why I forgive you.

I forgive you for being as closed minded as you have accused me of being.

So often we lose sight of what matters in others lives, in prayer for your Wife and you in this time of trouble.

God's blessing be upon all your life.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.