✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
KitchenAid
“If nobody else is going to invent a dishwasher, I’ll do it myself.”
—Josephine Garis Cochraine
The automatic dishwasher took a long time to reach American homes after its invention in 1886. It all started when Josephine Garis Cochraine, the wife of an Illinois political leader, got mad at the servants who kept breaking her china. After one particularly bad evening, Josephine exploded at the kitchen staff and declared that she would invent a dishwasher, even though she had no mechanical experience and rarely washed dishes herself. Working in the woodshed, Josephine devised a contraption she dubbed the Garis-Cochraine, which proved to be such a good design that it was patented and won an award at the 1893 Columbian Exposition. Friends and business associates helped her establish a company, and the dishwashers it produced were sold to hotels and restaurants. Josephine directed the firm until her death in 1913.
In 1926 another company came into the picture. The Hobart company, founded in 1897, produced equipment for grocers and institutional kitchens. Hobart acquired the Garis-Cochraine but continued to concentrate on its heavy-duty dishwashers. It was not until 1949 that the company finally introduced a home model, called the KitchenAid. In its marketing research, Hobart found that many women of the period actually enjoyed washing dishes, so the company had to find a more compelling reason for women to buy the machine. Researchers also discovered that women felt guilty about leaving dirty dishes after late night snacks. That information, plus the added benefit of sterilization, led to dishwashers becoming a permanent fixture in many American homes.
Consider This: A good idea may come before everyone is ready to use it. Timing must also be right.
Submitted by Richard

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
chinese traditionally dont believe jesus, but there is a chinese wording for thousands of years "G-dly time". means timing is G-d's time n most important to sucess.
I believe that God is part of everyones make-up. We don't always know that but when the chips are down even the athiest calls out, "God help me.":)

Upvote 0

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
i dont know why chinese speaking of time always add "G-d" or "heaven". interesting.
Personally, I think that's because the leaders want everyone to think that they and they alone have control. The, don't rock the boat, theory..

Upvote 0

gloryseven

Contributor
Nov 28, 2006
North American Union (Canada, Mexico, US)
✟22,262.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Lord, you know I have muscle and joint problems, and am on disability. I have three kids and nobody likes doing any dishes. We get stacks! Please pray the Lord will make a way to get a dishwasher, but not the under counter, I rent and there is no spot for that type. Also, I have to figure how to attach it to sink. Also, I have to find a used one, on my social security budget, Lord, in your timing. Amen.:groupray: :crossrc:

Lord, please bless us all who love You and work for Your glory. Amen.:bow:

Upvote 0

The Story Teller

The Story Teller
Jun 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟28,184.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Lord, you know I have muscle and joint problems, and am on disability. I have three kids and nobody likes doing any dishes. We get stacks! Please pray the Lord will make a way to get a dishwasher, but not the under counter, I rent and there is no spot for that type. Also, I have to figure how to attach it to sink. Also, I have to find a used one, on my social security budget, Lord, in your timing. Amen.:groupray: :crossrc:

Lord, please bless us all who love You and work for Your glory. Amen.:bow:
If you belong to a large church then bring this up at one of the meetings. God may answer you through the people there.:)

Upvote 0