Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Needy Follower:

Here is part 2 to those Christian Trailers (if you are interested).
Click on the spoiler button to check them out.

6. Gospel of John Trailer:

7. Miracles from Heaven:

8. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry:

9. Finding Normal:

10. The Star:
I will include part 3 in my next post.

May you be strong in the Lord.

Sincerely,

Jason.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Needy Follower:

Here is part 3 to those Christian Trailers (if you are interested).
Note: One is a Trailer and the other one is clip from the film.
Anyways, click on the spoiler button to check them out.

11. 77 Chances:

Risen:
(Clavious Witnesses Christ Alive After His Resurrection in Risen Film):

May you always seek after His love (by His Word).

Sincerely,

Jason.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear Needy Follower:

Here is part 3 to those Christian Trailers (if you are interested).
Note: One is a Trailer and the other one is clip from the film.
Anyways, click on the spoiler button to check them out.

11. 77 Chances:

Risen:
(Clavious Witnesses Christ Alive After His Resurrection in Risen Film):

May you always seek after His love (by His Word).

Sincerely,

Jason.
Thanks Brother ,

Apparently the head covering was not a cultural thing and most all Christian women kept their head covered until maybe the 1800's when philosophy , atheism , deism , agnoticsims and other ideas of what was called enlightenment first became popular in Europe. Basically humanism ..."My Rights" .."Look at Me as it were." Modesty in demeanor and attire was the expected norm of devout saints which of course is in accordance with the teachings of both Paul and Peter. I was talking with a muslim man not long ago who now lives here in the US . He said until TV arrived in the 50's , Christian women in Jordan kept their heads covered as a sign of submission and meekness . I by no means want to make " head covering " a replacement for Christ but it is not lost on me that Hollywood , magazines and other forms of ideas from The World has dictated what is proper. I shall ask you a question . When did christian women from what I call a plain background start covering their hair ? The answer is , They never stopped ...it is not a new fad the amish or mennonites started ...they just did not go after the fashions of the world . When Jacob Amman broke away from the mennonites , ALL Christian women wore their heads covered . Again , unfortunately there are many from a plain background that put their faith in their attire or their way of life but there are as many believers from a non plain background who have been discipled by the world ...by society . Who taught women that physical attraction is important verses a meek and quiet spirit ? Physical attraction is not available to every woman but a meek and quiet spirit through the Spirit of Jesus Christ is ...wealth and popularity is not available to everyone but Jesus Christ is . All of these things are in the KJV of the Bible . And Paul was sent by Jesus ..Our Lord ..to teach US gentiles ..Paul is our apostle ..unless that is an error in 1st Corinthians 14:37 . Paul says that he was sent by Christ .
The reason I do not own a computer or TV is not the temptation but the time . Too little time as it is and the more time I spend with Jesus , the better I know Him ....You know ..Martha and Mary ..I try to choose the good part !
It is enlightening to me that Stonewall Jackson was a very devout Calvinist ...and of course there was only the KJV of the bible. Many on the northern army were extremely devout Christians and again ..only the KJV of the bible ...and it is through that bible that they came to faith . If believers are the body of Christ ..How is it that Christ shot at Christ ? The answer ? They were influenced by The World ..the same thing as today . Through pride and nationalism. Knowledge is good but love is better ...Knowledge puffs up but love edifies ...there are those who say this is taken out of context but usually it is the highly educated and degreed theologians who say this for they make their living being knowledgable . It is true ..I was the guy in first grade who always had his hand raised because he knew the answer ...I was a narcissus and was encouraged to be so . I was also very very lost ...The first thing in 2nd timothy chapter 3 says is men will be lovers of their own selves ...We have been taught to " Be somebody " ..To aspire ..we do it in the context of Christianity but look at Jesus ...an immigrant day laborer who was an outcast from the "church " of His day and crucified as an enemy of the State. He made Himself of no reputation . Can you imagine telling your friend that you have found the Messiah and it is this guy Jesus ??? But yet , He is the Lord ! How amazing ..the lowest of the low . I think many Christians ( and this includes KJV only believers ) love the same things as the world ..are walking in the same direction as the world but are wearing a cloak of religion . Right theology but picking and choosing what parts of the KJV of the Bible work for them. So my point is ..the problem is not the version of the KJV per se ..the problem is we are following the world ..in more ways than we are aware . These things I share with you are true. Look at Isaiah chapter 3 . History is repeating itself.
Grace and peace in the name of our Lord Jesus .

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Brother ,

Apparently the head covering was not a cultural thing and most all Christian women kept their head covered until maybe the 1800's when philosophy , atheism , deism , agnoticsims and other ideas of what was called enlightenment first became popular in Europe. Basically humanism ..."My Rights" .."Look at Me as it were." Modesty in demeanor and attire was the expected norm of devout saints which of course is in accordance with the teachings of both Paul and Peter. I was talking with a muslim man not long ago who now lives here in the US . He said until TV arrived in the 50's , Christian women in Jordan kept their heads covered as a sign of submission and meekness . I by no means want to make " head covering " a replacement for Christ but it is not lost on me that Hollywood , magazines and other forms of ideas from The World has dictated what is proper. I shall ask you a question . When did christian women from what I call a plain background start covering their hair ? The answer is , They never stopped ...it is not a new fad the amish or mennonites started ...they just did not go after the fashions of the world . When Jacob Amman broke away from the mennonites , ALL Christian women wore their heads covered . Again , unfortunately there are many from a plain background that put their faith in their attire or their way of life but there are as many believers from a non plain background who have been discipled by the world ...by society . Who taught women that physical attraction is important verses a meek and quiet spirit ? Physical attraction is not available to every woman but a meek and quiet spirit through the Spirit of Jesus Christ is ...wealth and popularity is not available to everyone but Jesus Christ is . All of these things are in the KJV of the Bible .

I don't see how this relates to the KJV being a problem.
The KJV (the Bible) teaches how to lead someone to Jesus Christ and to follow His teachings. The KJV talks about head coverings like other translations. So I do not see how this proves your case that the KJV is not divine or the perfect Word of God for our day.

You said:
And Paul was sent by Jesus ..Our Lord ..to teach US gentiles ..Paul is our apostle ..unless that is an error in 1st Corinthians 14:37 . Paul says that he was sent by Christ .

Are you saying that the KJV got it wrong with 1 Corinthians 14:37?
I am not following where you are going with this.

You said:
The reason I do not own a computer or TV is not the temptation but the time. Too little time as it is and the more time I spend with Jesus,

So you are saying that you cannot spend time with Jesus watching a Christian movie that leads you deeper into his Word? I find some Christian movies deepen my faith and they are encouraging to me. If it is not your thing, then just say so. But it is not wrong for a believer to watch Christian movies.

You said:
the better I know Him ....You know ..Martha and Mary ..I try to choose the good part !

Again, one can still know Jesus and believe the KJV is the divine Word of God, and watch Christian movies.

You said:
It is enlightening to me that Stonewall Jackson was a very devout Calvinist ...and of course there was only the KJV of the bible.

I disagree with Calvinism big time. To me, this lines up with the Eternal Security camp a bit. Calvinism is also a problem because it basically is saying God chose some to be saved and He chose others to not be saved (against their own free will choice). Granted, there are different shades of Calvinism. But at the heart, Calvinism tries to paint God in a bad light by making Him into some kind of angry kid who acts irrationally.

You said:
Many on the northern army were extremely devout Christians and again ..only the KJV of the bible ...and it is through that bible that they came to faith . If believers are the body of Christ ..How is it that Christ shot at Christ ? The answer ? They were influenced by The World ..the same thing as today . Through pride and nationalism. Knowledge is good but love is better ...Knowledge puffs up but love edifies ...there are those who say this is taken out of context but usually it is the highly educated and degreed theologians who say this for they make their living being knowledgable.

The Parable of the Sower. Some fell away from God's Word. Plain and simple.

You said:
It is true ..I was the guy in first grade who always had his hand raised because he knew the answer ...I was a narcissus and was encouraged to be so . I was also very very lost ...The first thing in 2nd timothy chapter 3 says is men will be lovers of their own selves ...We have been taught to " Be somebody " ..To aspire ..we do it in the context of Christianity but look at Jesus ...an immigrant day laborer who was an outcast from the "church " of His day and crucified as an enemy of the State. He made Himself of no reputation . Can you imagine telling your friend that you have found the Messiah and it is this guy Jesus ??? But yet , He is the Lord ! How amazing ..the lowest of the low . I think many Christians ( and this includes KJV only believers ) love the same things as the world ..

Again, you are way off track here. I am a KJV only believer and I do not love the things of this world. I do not like secular movies, secular music, sports, patriotism, etc. The world system is controlled by the evil one. How can one love such a thing if they are of Christ?

Again, I think this is a Parable of the Sower issue. Christians can fall away from the seed of the Word of God in any particular truth or teaching in His Word. But it is not the KJV. If anything I would say that Modern Translations are more of a problem these days because they keep adding new heresies and or unbiblical truths to them. Granted, I am not saying it is wrong to use a Modern Translation; I just believe that one has to be careful and they have to seek and find a final word of authority that can only be the perfect Word of God (the KJV).

You said:
are walking in the same direction as the world but are wearing a cloak of religion.

Not that I am aware of.

You said:
Right theology but picking and choosing what parts of the KJV of the Bible work for them.

This would be a person's heart issue and not the Word of God then. How does that relate to the KJV not being the perfect Word?

You said:
So my point is ..the problem is not the version of the KJV per se ..the problem is we are following the world ..in more ways than we are aware . These things I share with you are true.

I agree. The KJV is not the problem. It is the perfect Word of God.
Man is the problem (always).

You said:
Look at Isaiah chapter 3 . History is repeating itself.

Perhaps. But our nation has not entirely forgotten about God or written Him off. There are true Christians here who do honest work for the Lord. That counts for something.

You said:
Grace and peace in the name of our Lord Jesus .

The same for you, my friend.
For it is by the Lord Jesus Christ and His grace and peace that gets us through the day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I have found many times over in discussions and forums is that people who use the KJV are often targeted quite personally and it only seems to happen with the KJV users. What exactly upsets or sometimes even enrages those who don't use it? I have found it in Bible studies that you are looked at funny or the comment "ooh " as if you are lacking something.
I have always loved the KJV and also used others but kept coming back to the KJV and after doing much comparing and study have decided that yes, shock horror I will only read the KJV. It is funny that people don't dumb down Shakespeare because the words are old, perish the thought!
I am not arguing or going to try telling people what they should do, God gave us the freedom of choice but would like to say also that I see a lot of problems these days are, that we try to bring God down to our level and understanding. The Bible is not a novel to pick up here and there or there for us to interpret how we like but is the very word of God and sometimes it IS hard to understand. Pray, ask the Holy Spirit to guide us and teach us as we read and allow Gods' word to dwell in us richly.
God Bless

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Heaven, the problem is KJV-ONLISTs who insist that the KJV is the ONLY Bible that has been properly translated and that all other versions are corrupted. The most extreme can be seen in one group, started by Peter Ruckman, who taught that the KJV was final authority and taught that the KJV had advanced revelation not contained in the Greek and Hebrew.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Heaven, the problem is KJV-ONLISTs who insist that the KJV is the ONLY Bible that has been properly translated and that all other versions are corrupted. The most extreme can be seen in one group, started by Peter Ruckman, who taught that the KJV was final authority and taught that the KJV had advanced revelation not contained in the Greek and Hebrew.

That is interesting. The Roman Catholic Church have the concept of continuing revelation which has been severely criticized by many Protestant churches and now you tell me of "continuing revelation" through a particular book. Even the Mormons have that same concept through their book. I am actually finding this both humourous and rather pathetic.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

There are always going to be extremists or those who take things too far. That does not prove that the KJV being the perfect and divine Word of God for our day is false. I mean, it is pretty evident if you were to compare the KJV with Modern Translations. The changes are for the worse and not for the better. Personally, I believe only a person who is biased to not wanting to see that these changes are for the worse is going to think the KJV only guy (like myself) is nuts. But that's okay. I am used to people thinking that when I stand up for the Word of God.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There are always going to be extremists or those who take things too far. That does not prove that the KJV being the perfect and divine Word of God for our day is false. I mean, it is pretty evident if you were to compare the KJV with Modern Translations.

I'm a Greek Orthodox chanter so my main Bible is in Greek. I'm very confused why you think English is the only language anyone should use.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't see how this relates to the KJV being a problem.
The KJV (the Bible) teaches how to lead someone to Jesus Christ and to follow His teachings. The KJV talks about head coverings like other translations. So I do not see how this proves your case that the KJV is not divine or the perfect Word of God for our day.

Are you saying that the KJV got it wrong with 1 Corinthians 14:37?
I am not following where you are going with this.

So you are saying that you cannot spend time with Jesus watching a Christian movie that leads you deeper into his Word? I find some Christian movies deepen my faith and they are encouraging to me. If it is not your thing, then just say so. But it is not wrong for a believer to watch Christian movies.

Again, one can still know Jesus and believe the KJV is the divine Word of God, and watch Christian movies.

I disagree with Calvinism big time. To me, this lines up with the Eternal Security camp a bit. Calvinism is also a problem because it basically is saying God chose some to be saved and He chose others to not be saved (against their own free will choice). Granted, there are different shades of Calvinism. But at the heart, Calvinism tries to paint God in a bad light by making Him into some kind of angry kid who acts irrationally.

The Parable of the Sower. Some fell away from God's Word. Plain and simple.

Again, you are way off track here. I am a KJV only believer and I do not love the things of this world. I do not like secular movies, secular music, sports, patriotism, etc. The world system is controlled by the evil one. How can one love such a thing if they are of Christ?

Again, I think this is a Parable of the Sower issue. Christians can fall away from the seed of the Word of God in any particular truth or teaching in His Word. But it is not the KJV. If anything I would say that Modern Translations are more of a problem these days because they keep adding new heresies and or unbiblical truths to them. Granted, I am not saying it is wrong to use a Modern Translation; I just believe that one has to be careful and they have to seek and find a final word of authority that can only be the perfect Word of God (the KJV).

Not that I am aware of.

This would be a person's heart issue and not the Word of God then. How does that relate to the KJV not being the perfect Word?

I agree. The KJV is not the problem. It is the perfect Word of God.
Man is the problem (always).

Perhaps. But our nation has not entirely forgotten about God or written Him off. There are true Christians here who do honest work for the Lord. That counts for something.

The same for you, my friend.
For it is by the Lord Jesus Christ and His grace and peace that gets us through the day.
Hi Brother ..I do think we agree on doctrine although I still say that one can make KJV a form of salvation and not even be aware ..that was the point I was trying to make with the head covering ( scriptural but not a replacement for Christ. ) To hold to a translation (which the KJV without question is as you will agree ), but not understand the meaning , is no different than reading greek , hebrew , but not understanding what God is trying to tell us through it . Words convey meaning ..words in themselves have no value apart from their meaning . In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God ....In the beginning was the Logos and the Logos was with God and the Logos was God ..Now that is a fair translation with only the greek, Logos being translated into English . Do you understand what Logo's means ? It's meaning is Reason ..Purpose ...Identity..Wisdom .It is where we get the word logo used for branding/identity . In the beginning was the Reason , and the Reason was with God and the Reason was God . The Reason is God ? Yes ..Hallelujah ...God is absolutely the Reason . Now the translation I did is not KJV but is it still true ? Or is God not the Reason ...Is Christ not the purpose of God ...the wisdom of God ...the identity of God ? Yes , of course He is or I am not really a believer . English also only has one meaning for Love and the greek uses many different types but they are all translated as love in the KJV . So while I very much like the KJV , it is a translation using human language to convey meanings . That is what all translations are . And you yourself mentioned the Acts 7:45 translation in which we can jump through hoops and say it was not Joshua or we can say , Praise God that Moses did not enter into the temporal promised land but prophetically handed that off in the spiritual sense to Yeshua . In my view that makes a very good point to show unbelievers ..how is it the jews would show a type of Christ in the Old Testament .
Our biggest problem as believers is our inability to be wrong. Though I prefer to be wrong in small things and be right in my Love . To get that wrong is death. And love is demonstrated.

I do believe that there are true Christians in every country . Humble , not looking for reward in this life ..their agenda is the glory of God and their hope is in Christ and not in theirselves . They do not put confidence in men nor have hope in this world but watch for the Savior. Actually ..I believe Our nation is one of the biggest problems we Christians in the USA face. I would prefer that people of other countries understand that this nation does not nor ever has represented Jesus Christ. This nation is about itself as it must be . Jesus Christ was not about his self . That is one of the biggest errors in modern day Christianity. ( The founding fathers of this country understood the importance of religion and belief in " A God " ..whether it be natures God or a god of one's own choosing ..even belief in Jesus was fine provided you put the country first ..or minimally joined the Holy with the unholy . ) I am sure the enemy loves the confusion but God is not a God of confusion ...nor is He nebulous ...fuzzy . No , He was clearly defined in His Son Jesus Christ . And His Son defined Love. But love has a cost as does truth .. KJV is the unerring word of God is not true and if that is our gospel ..then we are preaching a gospel that Jesus never preached . KJV is a very good English translation and better than many if not most modern translations but even that will not save people ..And it will win no one to Christ ..At most and worst , it will convert someone to KJV only ism...I hope you can see the distinction .
Regarding Christian movies ..it was not the method used by Christ ....Like the Noah's Ark thing in KY ..I think the money could be better spent as mostly only believers go see them and unbelievers mock them. " Making disciples is very difficult and time consuming and it is done , one on one ..It is adoption ......We don't really have time for that in the USA ... Ask the Lord if these things be true . Grace and Peace in the Name of Jesus ..The Way , The Truth , the Life .

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I
Have never heard of further revelations and if I did it would warn me that this was false as the Bible tells us that anyone adding or taking away from it would be punished by God (Rev 22:18,19). This therefore cancels out ANY group ie Mormons etc or persons who claim further revelation or books. So to me and any other Christian this should not be an issue.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a Greek Orthodox chanter so my main Bible is in Greek. I'm very confused why you think English is the only language anyone should use.

I agree.

For how many centuries did the LXX and the Vulgate serve the "Church" well?

I like the LXX for the main reason that it shows the development of Greek, from Attic to Koine. It is a good version.

I'm not against the Vulgate per se, I have found personally quite a few passages that just so happen to agree with the KJV.

The argument I'm most familiar with is the "KJV is The Preserved Word of God".

It makes one wonder if anybody has taken the time to read the "original" preface to the King James Bible.

What was wrong with the Bishops Bible? Other than that language, nothing.

Here is what the original KJV translators said about their work:

""Truly we never thought from the beginning, that we should need to make a new Translation, nor yet to make of a bad one a good one, ... but to make a good one better, or out of many good ones, one principal good one, not justly to be excepted against."

And to say the KJV is "The Preserved Word of God" (inflecting divine inspiration) goes against what the translators themselves said:

"Neither did we think much to consult the Translators or Commentators, Chaldee, Hebrew, Syrian, Greek, or Latin, no nor the Spanish, French, Italian, or Dutch; neither did we disdain to revise that which we had done, and to bring back to the anvil that which we had hammered; but having and using as great helps as were needful, and fearing no reproach for slowness, nor coveting praise for expedition, we have at length, through the good hand of the Lord upon us, brought the work to that pass that you see."

"Some peradventure would have no variety of senses to be set in the margin, lest the authority of the Scriptures for deciding controversies by that show of uncertainty, should somewhat be shaken. But we hold their judgment not to be so sound in this point. ... Yet for all that it cannot be dissembled, that partly to exercise and whet our wits, ... and lastly, that we might be forward to seek aid of our brethren by conference, and never scorn those that be not in all respects so complete as they should be, being to seek in many things ourselves, it hath pleased God in his divine providence, here and there to scatter words and sentences of that difficulty and doubtfulness, ... that fearfulness would better beseem us than confidence, and if we will resolve upon modesty with S. Augustine, .... There be many words in the Scriptures, which be never found there but once, ... so that we cannot be helped by conference of places. Again, there be many rare names of certain birds, beasts and precious stones, etc. ... Now in such a case, doth not a margin do well to admonish the Reader to seek further, and not to conclude or dogmatize upon this or that peremptorily? ... Therefore as S. Augustine saith, that variety of Translations is profitable for the finding out of the sense of the Scriptures: so diversity of signification and sense in the margin, where the text is not so clear, must need do good, yea, is necessary, as we are persuaded."

I just cannot understand how the KJVO crowd says that, when the translators themselves said otherwise.

I've said it over and over, the KJV has served the church well for over 400 years now, and will continue to serve the church well for another 400 years. There is nothing wrong with the ASV, or the RSV, for that matter.

It makes one wonder how Christianity survived as a whole prior to the issuance of the KJV.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Well, Paul says that he would rather speak five words with the understanding than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue. Greek is really not a known tongue for you because you did not grow up speaking and writing biblical Greek next to Paul and others. You learned about biblical Greek from others hindsight when the language did not exist anymore. Not the same thing.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is a spiritual war going on. The devil wants people to doubt God's Word. I know first hand that not having a perfect Bible in my own language (or a language that exists today that I can learn) can lead me to doubt His Word altogether and fall away from the faith. When people say that no perfect Word exists today except in the original manuscripts (within a dead language that nobody speaks and writes anymore), it sounds to me like they are saying that GOD is the God of the dead and not of the living. The revelation of my God does not exist only in some dead manuscripts that exist in the past. God reveals His Word for us today because He is the living God.

You don't hear Peter hitting another disciple over the head and saying, "Hey look now son, you are not reading that part of the word of God in the original language of Hebrew." "Let me tell you what the Word really says by pointing out the Hebrew that you don't know."

We get none of that.

They just spoke God's Word plainly and believed it.
There was no command to study another language or do a magic trick to understand God's Word.

To me, studying a dead language I cannot possibly know, is sort of like a man who puts a tin foil hat on his head and does back flips and barks like a dog while he claps his hands together two times fast. However, God is not the author of confusion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.

How quickly the enemy can deceive us about what God's Word says when a theology professor says the Word of God means this in another language that nobody knows. The listener has to take it upon faith in THEIR INTERPRETATION of a language that the professor DOES NOT KNOW because it is a dead language. Nobody speaks or writes this language as a part of a culture anymore.

I remember the difficulty in trying just study Brazillian Portuguese from a text book. Guess what happened. My fiance (now my wife) was correcting me all the time and saying that the text book is not always exactly correct in every instance. She was saying that at times in other regions they say this word and will not understand the formal word. I also was not pronouncing words correctly. I needed a live human to correct me on that. Then there are synonyms, homonyms, and slang. How do you account for all of that?

The problem I have is that the heart is deceiful and desperately wicked.
How do I know that the guy's interpretation on a dead language I cannot possibly know with 100% certainly is correct? I know. I can look to my own language. That is the solution. That is the way. God is not commanding me to know another language. See, a Theology professor can more easily pull the wool over his student's eyes on what God's Word says by saying the Hebrew and Greek means this or that. But you really cannot do that with the English. You cannot tell people that cat means dog. They know better because the language still exists today.

Think.

If you were to speak or write biblical Greek to people.

What will happen?

There would be confusion.

Think.

Tower of Babel.

Was it a blessing or a curse?

In Acts 2, God had communicated to people in their own language. God had no problem translating the language.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well, Paul says that he would rather speak five words with the understanding than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue. Greek is really not a known tongue for you because you did not grow up speaking and writing biblical Greek next to Paul and others. You learned about biblical Greek from others hindsight when the language did not exist anymore. Not the same thing.

Uhhh and where did the translators for King James learn Greek? Koine Greek became Byzantine Greek which became Demotic Greek. Koine Greek was still the main courtly language up to the fall of Constaninople in 1453 so it was hardly dead.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Uhhh and where did the translators for King James learn Greek? Koine Greek became Byzantine Greek which became Demotic Greek. Koine Greek was still the main courtly language up to the fall of Constaninople in 1453 so it was hardly dead.

The Bible is confirmed by many evidences that proves that it is divine in origin. Check out this blogger article I created here:

Love Branch: Evidences for the Word of God

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What does this have to do with ANYTHING that I stated???

Historical Science is not the same as Observational Science.

Not sure what I am talking about?

Check this short animated video out.

Upvote 0