Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus is the Word but the Word is not the bible. The bible is holy scripture. Word is spoken, scripture is written. If you take a careful look at 2Tim 3:16 inspiration is attributed to holy scripture but deity is not attributed to holy scripture nevertheless deity is attributed to the Word.
John 1:1-3 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.​
The bible did not create all things but Jesus did.
Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.​
And Jesus tells Christians to abide in him not to abide in the bible
John 15:4-7 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5 "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. 6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. 7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.​
though the bible is of great value as 2Tim 3:16 says.
2 Timothy 3:14-17 You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.​

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. Jesus spoke the Word of God and yet this very word of God He spoke was written down as Scripture.

I mean, tell me how you live by speaking every word of God then?

For it is written,

"And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God." (Luke 4:4).

Do you just make up your own stuff?
Do you receive a vision?
How does that work outside of God's Word?
Do you believe God audibly talks with you?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It seems that some join this forum to force others to accept their personal ideology, no matter how extreme or illogical, or just to troll others.

I do not think it is appropriate for a Christian to use the word "troll." Yes, people may do things that may warrant them to have such a word, but name calling is something that is more carnal and it has nothing to do with the righteousness of the saints. We are told by Jesus to pray and to do good and to love our enemies.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
How in the world did Christianity survive prior to 1611, and without the KJV?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Through the love of Christ and each other. The KJV is not needed for the Christian life and faith. Any bible that "speaks" to the reader is the right one for her or him.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I do not think it is appropriate for a Christian to use the word "troll." Yes, people may do things that may warrant them to have such a word, but name calling is something that is more carnal and it has nothing to do with the righteousness of the saints. We are told by Jesus to pray and to do good and to love our enemies.
Hi Jason ..I agree that this forum often lends itself to name calling and phrases like " Hey , are you implying XYZ ?? In other words hostility . I think the word troll here is used as a verb not an adjective but I may be mistaken ..either way , we are told not to bite and devour one another . As primarily a KJV user , I have seen many instances that to me anyway , the KJV has a clearer meaning ..For example ..in the KJV in the parable of the 10 virgins ..one of the virgins with oil says to those who have let their lamp go out to go to those who sell and buy from them ...in one of the modern translations....I forget which , it says " Go to the store and buy " ...I think there is a huge difference in meaning . I think the KJV rightly implies that many believers get their relationship with God through someone who is paid ..that we can somehow buy God's grace or get it from an individual ...making it transactional like other forms of capitalism . So with all that said ..I think the reaction on this forum is what is perceived to be a spiritual pride from the KJV ONLY group . We are told not to judge another man's servant so maybe this is your calling but just make sure that "KJV ONLY " does not become another gospel that replaces Jesus Christ . As one of the other posters has pointed out , there has been many actions contrary to the Gospel of peace committed by those who only had the KJV ..It is not a replacement for Christ and Him crucified. It is the easiest thing in the world to make anything an idol .

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, that doesn't make any sense. Jesus spoke the Word of God
That's not right. Jesus is the Word of God. Jesus spoke the message that the Father gave to him. Your post appears to confuse Word of God with scripture. There is a separate word for scripture. 2Tim 3:16 uses it.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I mean, tell me how you live by speaking every word of God then?

For it is written,

"And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God." (Luke 4:4).
Written words are still words. Try reading the passage in Greek. the KJV uses something like the Textus Receptus which says "και [And] απεκριθη [answered] ιησους [Jesus] προς [towards] αυτον [him] λεγων [saying] γεγραπται [it is written] οτι [that] ουκ [not] επ [by] αρτω [bread] μονω [alone] ζησεται [live] ο [the] ανθρωπος [man] αλλ [but] επι [by] παντι [every] ρηματι [word] θεου [of God]" in the verse "word of God" translates "rhema Theou" whereas the phrase "the word of God" translates ο [the] λογος [word] του [of the] θεου [God] "the word of God". However the verse uses "gegraptai" for "it is written". People who do not know Greek can see that the phrases are different - that word of God uses logos and scripture uses graphe.

Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟664,582.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have never seen worse judgement from Christians then the ones who refer to me to James White; Just to look at him rabidly bounce in the embrace of Blasphemy and unhappiness.
...and they look at him as a Religious advocate?!
he is LOST, and a loss.

Dr. James White's book
Same Sex Controversy, The:
Defending and Clarifying the Bible's Message About Homosexuality

is an excellent explantion of what the Bible says about homosexuality. I recommend it.

Upvote 0
Feb 12, 2018
✟11,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Dr. James White's book
Same Sex Controversy, The:
Defending and Clarifying the Bible's Message About Homosexuality

is an excellent explantion of what the Bible says about homosexuality. I recommend it.
or you could read Romans 1st chapter (KJV), and avoid giving money to a Blasphemous fiend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In my opinion KJVO people worship their translation as an idol and like feeling superior to those who don't use it. Their pharasaic self-righteousness is disgraceful.

As sad as that statement is, it is very true.

They have made the KJV an idol.

Something to be venerated.

That is sad.

God Bless

Till all are one.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
or you could read Romans 1st chapter (KJV), and avoid giving money to a Blasphemous fiend.

A word of warning friend:

"When speaking about well-known, revered and highly regarded past or present leaders, theologians, saints (living or deceased) of other Nicene Christian denominations, please show a measure of respect. These public religious figures are respected by the members who belong to those denominations. Please avoid using inflammatory words or phrases in reference to these public religious figures.

Examples of inflammatory words/phrases (including but not limited to): idolaters, false/different/other gospel, false prophet, false doctrine, heretics, blasphemers, evil, sheep in wolves clothing, different God, antichrists, Antichrist, cannibalism/cannibal (concerning Eucharist), Judaizer."

Link to this rule.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As sad as that statement is, it is very true.

They have made the KJV an idol.

Something to be venerated.

That is sad.

God Bless

Till all are one.

:heart: I humbly disagree my friend. As stated in a previous post i do not idolize anything. I love the living God with all my heart, and i worship only Him.

God bless you. It's always good to see you posting, even if we disagree sometimes. i pray all is well (((Hug)))

Reactions: DeaconDean
Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know I'll catch h***l for this, but as a preacher, deacon, and elder, I owe it to my church, my pastor, my brothers and sisters to know what the word says.

I really have found use for the LXX.

I really have found use for the Vulgate.

Although I cannot translate Hebrew, I can Greek.

I have a Greek New Testament.

And I use as much as I do my KJV.

Something the KJVO crowd forget is several topics they don't like discussing.

They really should read the original preface to the 1611 KJV bible.

When the KJVO crowd want to beat others over the head about the KJV, they seem to forget:

The KJV, as far as the OT is concerned, only came some 1000 years after the Masoretic text.

It came less than one century after Erasmus' text was issued.

They will not investigate the Comma Johanneum.

They forget that from the New Testament, Erasmus did not have the last six verses of Rev. 22. So he had to "back translate" from the Latin to the Greek, thusly "inventing" a word that was previously unknown in the Greek.

We can also show that at least one of Erasmus' editions when sent to the publisher, the publisher added their own work to Erasmus' edition, and to this very day, it is still in the KJV.

The fine men, who did what was asked by King James also in the preface, NEVER claimed to be "inspired".

At the time when the KJV translators were working, at best, they had only 52 available texts, commentaries, etc., at their disposal. To say they got it 100% correct it sheer arrogance.

Like I said, how did Christianity survive in the 1600 years prior to the issuing of the KJV?

While I disagree with Catholics on their view of scripture verses the ECF's, the fact remains that billions and billions were saved through the work of the Catholic Church.

Erasmus started us down this path. His work was the foundation for the Textus Receptus.

The KJV has been for the last 407 years, a very reliable and good bible. It has served the church well, and would continue to serve the church well.

With over 5300 now available Greek MSS, I know it would take at least 20-30 years, but in light of all the available Greek MSS we now have, is it not time to reexamine the original language?

It is my opinion, that the most often quoted verse used (2 Tim. 3:16) is absolutely true. But in saying so, I add this proviso. The original autographs, those written by the Apostles themselves, have been lost to antiquity. Perhaps that was God's plan.

I have myself, undertaken a study in Textual Criticism, and have been involved in it for the last 5 years.

And thus far, I can with the utmost confidence that while a very good and reliable bible, the KJV is at best only 97.9-99.7% accurate.

White liquor (Moonshine) is 100% pure alcohol. If you add one drop of water, its not "pure".

Same with the KJV. As long as the Comma Johanneum is there, as long as Erasmus' invented word is there, as long as the publishers additions to Erasmus' text are there, the KJV can not claim to be the "preserved word of God" as they like to claim.

Sorry.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:heart: I humbly disagree my friend. As stated in a previous post i do not idolize anything. I love the living God with all my heart, and i worship only Him.

God bless you. It's always good to see you posting, even if we disagree sometimes. i pray all is well (((Hug)))

Yes, we do disagree sometimes, but I'll say this in front of everybody on the forms.

Your about the only "Non-Denom" on this forum who I respect.

Many times you and I have had discussions and I can't think of once where it got heated.

I will continue to respect your opinions friend.

God Bless

Till all are one.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, we do disagree sometimes, but I'll say this in front of everybody on the forms.

Your about the only "Non-Denom" on this forum who I respect.

Many times you and I have had discussions and I can't think of once where it got heated.

I will continue to respect your opinions friend.

God Bless

Till all are one.

:heart: I appreciate that. It has always been edifying, reading your posts, even if i disagree. Your honesty and integrity and keen discernment always supersedes disagreement, for instance in the threads about Gnosticism and Pseudepigrapha writings.

God bless you my friend. (((hug)))

• Friendly
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Written words are still words. Try reading the passage in Greek. the KJV uses something like the Textus Receptus which says "και [And] απεκριθη [answered] ιησους [Jesus] προς [towards] αυτον [him] λεγων [saying] γεγραπται [it is written] οτι [that] ουκ [not] επ [by] αρτω [bread] μονω [alone] ζησεται [live] ο [the] ανθρωπος [man] αλλ [but] επι [by] παντι [every] ρηματι [word] θεου [of God]" in the verse "word of God" translates "rhema Theou" whereas the phrase "the word of God" translates ο [the] λογος [word] του [of the] θεου [God] "the word of God". However the verse uses "gegraptai" for "it is written". People who do not know Greek can see that the phrases are different - that word of God uses logos and scripture uses graphe.

Thank you. You are proving my point for me that the very verse you quote trying to use the Greek disproves your position on looking to the original languages. For when you say the Greek words to me or any other person here in the land of America, we are going to hear gobbledygook. Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word of God that proceeds out of their mouth. This would be in the English and not the Greek because nobody knows Biblical Greek. For Paul says if you speak in tongues, you need an interpreter. Where's your interpreter? Oh, wait. It was some guy who wrote a book in the past that we just have to trust. It is choosing a definition we prefer out of a multiple choice answer. Good luck with that. Just know that is not being held accountable to what God's Word says plainly.

In other words, besides things like parables, God is simple in the way that He speaks to us. There is no magic code key or special way to decipher His Word. For people accepted God in Scripture based on the language that they knew and not in some kind of dead language they did not know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I know I'll catch h***l for this, but as a preacher, deacon, and elder, I owe it to my church, my pastor, my brothers and sisters to know what the word says.

White liquor (Moonshine) is 100% pure alcohol. If you add one drop of water, its not "pure".

Chuckles, you'll catch hell from me on moonshine as I used to be a chemical engineer who used to design alcohol plants. Moonshine is high proof (Everclear is the best known grain alcohol brand at 190 proof or 95% ABV) but it cannot be 100% because the highest practical limit of distillation is 95-97% because at this point the alcohol-water mixture is azeotropic and cannot be separated. To go above this limit, you'll need to use some method other than a standard distillation system such as a desiccant or molecular sieve to remove the remaining water. I can design you a standard distillery anytime you want (offline of course!) :)

• Haha
Reactions: GingerBeer
Upvote 0

DeaconDean

Jul 19, 2005
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Chuckles, you'll catch hell from me on moonshine as I used to be a chemical engineer who used to design alcohol plants. Moonshine is high proof (Everclear is the best known grain alcohol brand at 190 proof or 95% ABV) but it cannot be 100% because the highest practical limit of distillation is 95-97% because at this point the alcohol-water mixture is azeotropic and cannot be separated. To go above this limit, you'll need to use some method other than a standard distillation system such as a desiccant or molecular sieve to remove the remaining water. I can design you a standard distillery anytime you want (offline of course!) :)

You are right, my only comment was meant as an illustration.

Many times at work, I have threatened to add to the water in our distiller corn and sugar. :D

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jason ..I agree that this forum often lends itself to name calling and phrases like " Hey , are you implying XYZ ?? In other words hostility . I think the word troll here is used as a verb not an adjective but I may be mistaken ..either way , we are told not to bite and devour one another . As primarily a KJV user , I have seen many instances that to me anyway , the KJV has a clearer meaning ..For example ..in the KJV in the parable of the 10 virgins ..one of the virgins with oil says to those who have let their lamp go out to go to those who sell and buy from them ...in one of the modern translations....I forget which , it says " Go to the store and buy " ...I think there is a huge difference in meaning . I think the KJV rightly implies that many believers get their relationship with God through someone who is paid ..that we can somehow buy God's grace or get it from an individual ...making it transactional like other forms of capitalism . So with all that said ..I think the reaction on this forum is what is perceived to be a spiritual pride from the KJV ONLY group . We are told not to judge another man's servant so maybe this is your calling but just make sure that "KJV ONLY " does not become another gospel that replaces Jesus Christ . As one of the other posters has pointed out , there has been many actions contrary to the Gospel of peace committed by those who only had the KJV ..It is not a replacement for Christ and Him crucified. It is the easiest thing in the world to make anything an idol .

Do you believe the Bible are the very words of God?
Yes, or no?

Upvote 0