Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You are right, my only comment was meant as an illustration.

Many times at work, I have threatened to add to the water in our distiller corn and sugar. :D

God Bless

Till all are one.

Beer is made by men. Wine is made by God. - Martin Luther
And thank heavens the Scots and Irish figured out distillation! - Me

Reactions: DeaconDean
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There appears to be no point in your post. Only a dogged claim that the KJV is the most bestest greatest and fantastic bible in English.

I am not sure you get what I said.

Jesus says man shall not live by bread alone but every word of God that proceeds out of his mouth.

Okay.

Stop and think very slowly about this.

Would this be the Biblical Greek (that nobody knows today) or in a language that person understands?

For if you spoke or written Greek to a large mass of people, they are going to be clueless.

Paul says he would rather speak 5 words with the understanding vs. speaking 10,000 words in an unknown tongue.

That's Paul!

So yeah. I would rather speak five words with the understanding.
This may not be your thing, but just know it is not biblical.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Alcohol is not even technically a food. It's why most alcoholic drinks do not have nutrition labels on them. It is technically a very mild poison that slowly kills a person.

Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There appears to be no point in your post. Only a dogged claim that the KJV is the most bestest greatest and fantastic bible in English.

To whom are you speaking to?

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know I'll catch h***l for this, but as a preacher, deacon, and elder, I owe it to my church, my pastor, my brothers and sisters to know what the word says.

Do you agree that this topic is a spiritual issue?
Do you agree that we gain doctrine and or truth from the Bible?

Well, I believe that the “Original Languages Position” or the looking to an ancient language (in order to understand God’s Word) is not something that we see that was common place within the Scriptures. Nowhere do we see Jesus, John, Paul, etc. speaking like the “Original Language Only Proponents” do today by them saying we must look to another language. God's Word was spoken openly in the language that people understood. We do not see an instance where Jesus said, "Well, see Peter in the original Aramaic the words actually says, this or that, etc."

You said:
I really have found use for the LXX.

I really have found use for the Vulgate.

Although I cannot translate Hebrew, I can Greek.

I have a Greek New Testament.

And I use as much as I do my KJV.

But you did not grow up speaking and writing Biblical Greek while this culture was alive. You are going off of books that were written in hindsight of when this language was dead. There is also the problem of running into trying to figure out the small nuances of languages that does not always come in a text book like slang, homonyms, synonyms, proper grammar usage, local phrases for a limited area or place, etc. I know. I tried to study Brazillian Portuguese from a book, but my wife kept correcting me. The only way I could know this language is by talking to her and confirming my writing and my speaking of such a language was correct. Otherwise I would be like a monkey banging on a piano (and thinking that was music).

You said:
Something the KJVO crowd forget is several topics they don't like discussing.

They really should read the original preface to the 1611 KJV bible.

We don't forget this or ignore it. They were merely humble. God can still use someone despite what their personal opinion might be. Moses did not think he was cut out to do God's work, but God still used Him to do His work (regardless).

In fact, if the KJV translators had claimed their work was from God, I would be suspicious. The fact that they had a humble opinion of their work shows that God was able to use their work for His purpose of making available the Word of God for our world language today.

If not, then one is lost in a sea confusion of trying to figure out what a dead language says or they are placing their faith in their own private interpretation of a language that no longer exists. So a person can follow their own version of what God's Word says because they can more easily alter God's Word for the masses without them being the wiser because most people are lazy. They will let their pastor spoon feed them and they will say, "Amen." However, the Scriptures say, "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15). However, isn't it odd that most of your Modern Translations have altered this verse so as to say that we should not study God's Word to be approved unto God.

I mean, do you honestly think the devil is not trying to subtley alter God's Word today?
Do you not see such a thing taking place in God's Word?

You said:
When the KJVO crowd want to beat others over the head about the KJV, they seem to forget:

The KJV, as far as the OT is concerned, only came some 1000 years after the Masoretic text.

It came less than one century after Erasmus' text was issued.

They will not investigate the Comma Johanneum.

They forget that from the New Testament, Erasmus did not have the last six verses of Rev. 22. So he had to "back translate" from the Latin to the Greek, thusly "inventing" a word that was previously unknown in the Greek.

Two words.

Time machine.

You sort of need one in order to push what you are selling here.
You really don't know if the historical documents that you are reading are not lying and or pushing a false agenda.

In fact, I know they are doing that. How so?
By looking at the Observable Evidence and not by looking at Historical Evidence (that could have been easily altered to fit somebody's false agenda or belief). For Modern Translations have eliminated and watered down important truths in God's Word. The Trinity, the blood of Jesus, holiness, etc. have all been attacked by Modern Translations. Key points that Jesus and His followers were trying to make have been nuetered or removed. The devil has placed his name where it should not be in the Bible. Over and over and over again. We see the attack.

But nobody else thinks there is an attack upon God's Word.

Absurd!

The devil seeks to attack God's Word daily.

You said:
Till all are one.

I still think you should use a Bible verse when you say this. I am not sure you are aware of this or not, but there are many Christian groups out there that are into the New Age and believe that the phrase "Till are one" is speaking of joining in on all of the religions, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟664,582.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
or you could read Romans 1st chapter (KJV), and avoid giving money to a Blasphemous fiend.

Are you aware that Dr. James White opposes homosexuality? That he teaches that the Bible opposes homosexuality?

I ask this because you instantly dismiss Dr. White's book on the subject and there is no sign that you know the scope of the book or the point it makes or how he reaches a conclusion on that subject.

I am unaware of anything Dr. White has said that is blasphemous.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jason ..I agree that this forum often lends itself to name calling and phrases like " Hey , are you implying XYZ ?? In other words hostility . I think the word troll here is used as a verb not an adjective but I may be mistaken ..either way ,

I do not see a difference between someone being called a troll vs. saying that they are trolling.

Wikipedia defines "internet troll" as:

"In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response [2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, [3] often for the troll's amusement."​

Source:
Internet troll - Wikipedia

This to me appears to be a false accusation because the Original Poster of this thread did not appear to do any of the things (according to the Wikipedia article) that would qualify him in acting in a trolling manner. Even if he did troll, it still would not be nice to use the term "trolling" because we are supposed to speak with grace seasoned with salt. Christians are supposed to love, pray, and do good towards their enemies.

You said:
we are told not to bite and devour one another .

Indeed. I agree.

You said:
As primarily a KJV user , I have seen many instances that to me anyway , the KJV has a clearer meaning ..For example ..in the KJV in the parable of the 10 virgins ..one of the virgins with oil says to those who have let their lamp go out to go to those who sell and buy from them ...in one of the modern translations....I forget which , it says " Go to the store and buy " ...I think there is a huge difference in meaning . I think the KJV rightly implies that many believers get their relationship with God through someone who is paid ..that we can somehow buy God's grace or get it from an individual ...making it transactional like other forms of capitalism . So with all that said ..I think the reaction on this forum is what is perceived to be a spiritual pride from the KJV ONLY group . We are told not to judge another man's servant so maybe this is your calling but just make sure that "KJV ONLY " does not become another gospel that replaces Jesus Christ . As one of the other posters has pointed out , there has been many actions contrary to the Gospel of peace committed by those who only had the KJV ..It is not a replacement for Christ and Him crucified. It is the easiest thing in the world to make anything an idol .

No teaching should be elevated above Jesus and what He has done for us with his death and resurrection. However, I have not met any KJV-onlyist who denied or watered down Jesus, and His death, and resurrection. On the contrary, I have seen most KJV-Onlyists emphasize the importance of Jesus and His death and resurrection as a part of their defense in showing that the KJV is the Word of God for our day. The words of God are important to us because that is how we get our faith. For faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God. Just because a believer holds to the view that the KJV is the pure Word of God and defends that view does not mean they are making the KJV an idol. They would have to bow down to the KJV and worship it as if it was some kind of magical book. They would have to completely ignore Jesus in their life and the gospel. So far I have not run into any KJV-onlyists who do that.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you believe the Bible are the very words of God?
Yes, or no?
I believe that all scripture was given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine , for reproof , for correction , for instruction in righteousness : That the man of God may be perfect , thoroughly furnished unto all good works. That is what I believe for I believe that Paul was sent by Jesus Christ as an apostle to the gentiles , which I am one. This was Tyndal's translation and I believe a very good one much of which which was later incorporated into the KJV Bible . So was that the word of God through Paul ? I believe it was . Tyndal who gave his very life for the translating of the Bible into english , was very concerned with who translated as well he should be . But possessing humility, and translating while in hiding and being chased from town to town, he encouraged those who follow him to make any corrections . What a dear Saint . Of course Paul was not describing the KJV Bible to Timothy . It was not even a Bible .. probably some scrolls ...maybe some parchments as Paul alluded to while in prison . I believe what we call the Bible ...KJV or otherwise is a translation as it must be for we know some of the translators. And by the same Bible , I am told to speak every man truth with his neighbor for we are members one of another . We are told by that same Bible to go make disciples of Jesus .. All Scriptures are given by inspiration of God ...for a purpose ...debate , variances , strife ...No ..that is a work of the flesh ...wanting to win a debate ..No brother , that is a form of spiritual pride ..it will have you so puffed up in self righteousness and will lead to outer darkness . ( and of course you will call it persecution from the liberal Christians who do not believe that the KJV is the inerrant word of God . ) Where in the Bible does it say that the KJV is the inerrant word of God or that even the Bible is the word of God ? Is that your salvation . In Acts 7:45 ..every Christian in the world knows that Moses handed the tabernacle over to Joshua ..Not Jesus . That was a mistranslation in the KJV ..and Jason ,...It is OK ..Jesus is still on the right hand of the Father making intercession ...Jesus still died on the cross ..Jesus is no less the Son of God ..the Messiah , the Annointed One .. The Lamb of God .

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I do not see a difference between someone being called a troll vs. saying that they are trolling.

Wikipedia defines "internet troll" as:

"In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response [2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion, [3] often for the troll's amusement."​

Source:
Internet troll - Wikipedia

This to me appears to be a false accusation because the Original Poster of this thread did not appear to do any of the things (according to the Wikipedia article) that would qualify him in acting in a trolling manner. Even if he did troll, it still would not be nice to use the term "trolling" because we are supposed to speak with grace seasoned with salt. Christians are supposed to love, pray, and do good towards their enemies.

Indeed. I agree.

No teaching should be elevated above Jesus and what He has done for us with his death and resurrection. However, I have not met any KJV-onlyist who denied or watered down Jesus, and His death, and resurrection. On the contrary, I have seen most KJV-Onlyists emphasize the importance of Jesus and His death and resurrection as a part of their defense in showing that the KJV is the Word of God for our day. The words of God are important to us because that is how we get our faith. For faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God. Just because a believer holds to the view that the KJV is the pure Word of God and defends that view does not mean they are making the KJV an idol. They would have to bow down to the KJV and worship it as if it was some kind of magical book. They would have to completely ignore Jesus in their life and the gospel. So far I have not run into any KJV-onlyists who do that.
Well I am not up to speed with the modern slangs ( troll and so forth ) I am an older believer ..thus a 30 year old KJV Bible ( among others of course .) Jason , it is not the teaching but that is some of it . It is the spirit which is manifested in many of the KJV only believers I have run across . They are often pro-military ..which is against the KJV Bible and loving your enemies .( Wise as serpents and harmless as doves. ..Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers , etc. ) Often very patriotic and guns rights guys ...VERY Proud . This may not be your experience but it is mine and since it is mine , I can testify it is true . And Jason , it is true . So my concern is the spirit . Ask the Lord about regarding what I am trying to convey ...it is very dangerous ..no less dangerous than the liberal Christians ... God gives grace to the humble but opposes the proud ..and we are saved by that very grace . Though I speak with the tongue of men and angels , etc. Grace and Peace ..make disciples of Jesus ..not KJV only people ..they are NOT necessarily the same .

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well I am not up to speed with the modern slangs ( troll and so forth ) I am an older believer ..thus a 30 year old KJV Bible ( among others of course .) Jason , it is not the teaching but that is some of it . It is the spirit which is manifested in many of the KJV only believers I have run across . They are often pro-military .. which is against the KJV Bible and loving your enemies .( Wise as serpents and harmless as doves. ..Be not unequally yoked with unbelievers , etc. ) Often very patriotic and guns rights guys ...VERY Proud . This may not be your experience but it is mine and since it is mine , I can testify it is true .

I believe the King James is the divinely inspired Word of God, but I also believe we can use Modern Translations to help update the 1600's English. I am also a New Testament Pacifist. So I am not your average KJV Only Proponent (Just so that you may know).

You said:
And Jason , it is true . So my concern is the spirit.

My answer is that some Christians have some right doctrines and others have wrong doctrines. I do not think all KJV proponents fit in some kind of perfect mold. KJV proponents do tend to believe in Eternal Security, too; But yet, I do not believe in Eternal Security. In fact, I am strongly against it.

I think the words of Jesus in Luke 18:8 are appropriate in these last days.

"...when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8).

You said:
Ask the Lord about regarding what I am trying to convey ...it is very dangerous ..no less dangerous than the liberal Christians ... God gives grace to the humble but opposes the proud ..and we are saved by that very grace . Though I speak with the tongue of men and angels , etc. Grace and Peace ..make disciples of Jesus ..not KJV only people ..they are NOT necessarily the same .

KJV Only is something that will just naturally happen if somebody values every little word of God and they desire to be held accountable to His Word. KJV Only is something that will happen if they believe those Scripture verses that talk about how His Word will endure forever and it is perfect. The goal is faith in God. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. Included in this faith is to make disciples of Jesus Christ among all nations. A disciple is to obey Jesus. So we as believers are to preach the gospel and to make disciples (all out of the love of God working through us) whereby we love everyone (i.e. loving the poor, loving our enemies, etc.). This is all according to His Word. For faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God.

Not all of Bibles are the same;
And we know by Scripture and His Spirit that He does not require us to learn a language that nobody can possibly know with 100% certainty.
God is not the author of confusion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe that all scripture was given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine , for reproof , for correction , for instruction in righteousness : That the man of God may be perfect , thoroughly furnished unto all good works. That is what I believe for I believe that Paul was sent by Jesus Christ as an apostle to the gentiles , which I am one. This was Tyndal's translation and I believe a very good one much of which which was later incorporated into the KJV Bible . So was that the word of God through Paul ? I believe it was . Tyndal who gave his very life for the translating of the Bible into english , was very concerned with who translated as well he should be . But possessing humility, and translating while in hiding and being chased from town to town, he encouraged those who follow him to make any corrections . What a dear Saint . Of course Paul was not describing the KJV Bible to Timothy . It was not even a Bible. probably some scrolls ...maybe some parchments as Paul alluded to while in prison .

I believe God's Word speaks not only for it's time but it also speaks for us today, as well.

You said:
I believe what we call the Bible ...KJV or otherwise is a translation as it must be for we know some of the translators. And by the same Bible , I am told to speak every man truth with his neighbor for we are members one of another . We are told by that same Bible to go make disciples of Jesus .. All Scriptures are given by inspiration of God ...for a purpose ...debate , variances , strife ...No ..that is a work of the flesh ...wanting to win a debate ..No brother , that is a form of spiritual pride ..it will have you so puffed up in self righteousness and will lead to outer darkness .

Scriptures say we are to contend for the faith. That is what we are doing when we try and defend what we believe the truth of God's Word says. It is not wrong to debate the truth of God's Word. If such were the case, then Jesus defending God's Word to the devil (Who was twisting it) would have been wrong. But it was not wrong. Jesus did the right thing in defending the truth of God's Word. That is what we should be doing in addition to preaching the gospel, and loving others.

You said:
...of course you will call it persecution from the liberal Christians who do not believe that the KJV is the inerrant word of God . )

I have debated the KJV Only position for a long time now on various different Christian forums. The "Original Languages Only Type Believer" has treated me in a really bad way many times. They say I worship the KJV when that is not the case. They have insulted me. I have seen KJV Only people act immature sometimes (Which are usually those who are OSAS Proponents). Anyways, it boils down to what are you placing your faith in? There are not multiple "Words of God"; And there can only be one Word of God. Plus, God is not going to ask us to figure out a dead language. For God is not the author of confusion.

You said:
Where in the Bible does it say that the KJV is the inerrant word of God or that even the Bible is the word of God ?

Where in the Bible does it use the word "Bible" or "Trinity"? Does it mean that we cannot use these words?

You said:
Is that your salvation .

Nope. I do not believe that holding to the KJV-only position is a salvation issue. I believe a saved believer is defined by the fact that they accepted Jesus as their Savior, and they believe He died and was risen again on their behalf and that they live and walk faithfully to Jesus (according to His Word). But, I believe not holding to a KJV Only position can in some rare cases lead a person to doubt God's Word and to fall away from the faith.

You said:
In Acts 7:45 ..every Christian in the world knows that Moses handed the tabernacle over to Joshua ..Not Jesus . That was a mistranslation in the KJV

Some say that Joshua is translated as Jesus and they are the same name. But I am leaning towards the fact that Acts of the Apostles 7:45 is saying that this is in fact Jesus. How so? Because Jesus was the One who helped Joshua conquer the Gentiles.

Joshua 5:13-15

Jesus appeared to Joshua in the form of a man. This man was worshiped by Joshua (v. 14) and this man declared that Joshua was standing on Holy ground (v. 15)

We learn that Jesus gives plans to Joshua to help defeat his enemies at AI.

In another battle: Who took down the wall of Jericho? Was it Joshua or Jesus?

To see other appearances of Jesus Christ in the Old Testament go here:
Jesus is the Messenger of the Lord in the Old Testament.

As for Hebrews 4:8:

Jesus is the One who ultimately gives rest and it was not Joshua.
In Matthew 11:28 says that Jesus comes to give us rest within the New Testament.
This was kind of rest that the Old Testament saint did not have like the New Testament saint.

You said:
...and Jason ,...It is OK ..Jesus is still on the right hand of the Father making intercession ...Jesus still died on the cross ..Jesus is no less the Son of God ..the Messiah , the Annointed One .. The Lamb of God .

We only can know about such things by the written Word of God we have today. We accept Jesus by hearing the Scriptures that talk about the gospel. For me, I would rather have a sword instead of a butter knife to preach the gospel and when it comes to defending my faith. But you are free to believe as you wish, my friend. For me, there is only one Word of God that is spoken in the world language for our day (like it was back in the times of Jesus and Paul, etc.). You want me to believe the "Language Only Position" is the true view to have. Yet, I do not see such a thing in Scripture.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I believe God's Word speaks not only for it's time but it also speaks for us today, as well.

Scriptures say we are to contend for the faith. That is what we are doing when we try and defend what we believe the truth of God's Word says. It is not wrong to debate the truth of God's Word. If such were the case, then Jesus defending God's Word to the devil (Who was twisting it) would have been wrong. But it was not wrong. Jesus did the right thing in defending the truth of God's Word. That is what we should be doing in addition to preaching the gospel, and loving others.

I have debated the KJV Only position for a long time now on various different Christian forums. The "Original Languages Only Type Believer" has treated me in a really bad way many times. They say I worship the KJV when that is not the case. They have insulted me. I have seen KJV Only people act immature sometimes (Which are usually those who are OSAS Proponents). Anyways, it boils down to what are you placing your faith in? There are not multiple "Words of God"; And there can only be one Word of God. Plus, God is not going to ask us to figure out a dead language. For God is not the author of confusion.

Where in the Bible does it use the word "Bible" or "Trinity"? Does it mean that we cannot use these words?

Nope. I do not believe that holding to the KJV-only position is a salvation issue. I believe a saved believer is defined by the fact that they accepted Jesus as their Savior, and they believe He died and was risen again on their behalf and that they live and walk faithfully to Jesus (according to His Word). But, I believe not holding to a KJV Only position can in some rare cases lead a person to doubt God's Word and to fall away from the faith.

Some say that Joshua is translated as Jesus and they are the same name. But I am leaning towards the fact that Acts of the Apostles 7:45 is saying that this is in fact Jesus. How so? Because Jesus was the One who helped Joshua conquer the Gentiles.

Joshua 5:13-15

Jesus appeared to Joshua in the form of a man. This man was worshiped by Joshua (v. 14) and this man declared that Joshua was standing on Holy ground (v. 15)

We learn that Jesus gives plans to Joshua to help defeat his enemies at AI.

In another battle: Who took down the wall of Jericho? Was it Joshua or Jesus?

To see other appearances of Jesus Christ in the Old Testament go here:

As for Hebrews 4:8:

Jesus is the One who ultimately gives rest and it was not Joshua.
In Matthew 11:28 says that Jesus comes to give us rest within the New Testament.
This was kind of rest that the Old Testament saint did not have like the New Testament saint.

We only can know about such things by the written Word of God we have today. We accept Jesus by hearing the Scriptures that talk about the gospel. For me, I would rather have a sword instead of a butter knife to preach the gospel and when it comes to defending my faith. But you are free to believe as you wish, my friend. For me, there is only one Word of God that is spoken in the world language for our day (like it was back in the times of Jesus and Paul, etc.). You want me to believe the "Language Only Position" is the true view to have. Yet, I do not see such a thing in Scripture.
I agree with you regarding once saved always saved and the fact that despite users of KJV only ( which is the only version ENGLISH speaking believers had for many years ..if they were even literate ) did not follow even what they professed to believe as can be attested to ( established ) by anyone who knows the truth of the history of established forms/communities of christian belief ..to anyone who loves the truth pf course ... we must love the truth . It is interesting that our brother Paul was writing to BELIEVERS when he exhorted them to contend for the faith once delivered to the saints...in other words , belief and faith are not necessarily synonyms. Faith is practiced and with practice we are able by God's grace to see His hand and to demonstrate His love and humility . ( By the way , one of the most amazing attributes of Our Lord is His humility despite being the creator of all things . To me anyway , it is awe inspiring and only one of the many reasons that He is Lord . And actually He is Lord whether I believe it or not.
There are many things I believe from the written word but I know Him because of the Living Word . ( The letter kills but the Spirit gives life . ) I do sincerely believe there are many corrupted versions of the assembled writings of various scriptures which leave out key truths and some corrupt others ..of course many people will heap to themselves teachers having itching ears and will leave the narrow way and follow another Jesus ...this is also my concern for some KJV only folks ....Be doers of the Word verses having " belief " by hearing the word . If there be anything else lacking God will also reveal this to you ....so apparently and more importantly experiential for me ...God does reveal truths as is also witnessed by Paul when he wrote ..." If indeed you have heard His voice " ..BTW ..I do not " hear" voices but in the spirit He does witness Himself and it is never against His word nor is contrary to what I believe the early church believed and practiced . For example ..No divorce and remarriage ..for ANY reason ...because to remarry does not demonstrate the Faithfulness of God ...divorce yes ..remarriage no . ... Women nor men trying to be " attractive " to members of the opposite sex ...why would a believer try to attract anyone ? We only have life through Christ ..not through our flesh for in our flesh dwells no good thing.
And being a gentile , I trust the word and judgement of our apostle Paul who the Lord Jesus sent . ( If any man be a prophet or spiritual let them acknowledge that things I write unto you are the COMMANDMENTS of Lord . 1 Corinthians 14:37 ) I am not of course a prophet but I do acknowledge the wisdom given to Paul for us ...women having their head covered while praying or prophesying ..learning to be keepers at home so that the Word of God be not blasphemed . Paul's doctrine was about God for he learned it through Christ ...It was NOT about MAN .
So in closing ..KJV only? ..I get your concern but it will not stop nor has it stopped the corruption of the previous 400 years ..and earlier ...I think it ( KJV only ) may be a snare to SOME believers who " get saved " by believing the KJV Bible but may not be born again nor are being transformed ..never humbled but do not want to go to hell ..then they become very evangelical and proud ..what a snare ..that is why I wanted to point out what I believe to be the mistranslation in Acts 7:45 ...Stephen was preaching to Jewish who knew the exodous story by heart ..and that was revealed to me ..I only saw it while reading the KJV but it is no wise destroyed my faith ...preaching and living the Living Word will ...we are not to "fix" society but to redeem people from society . Preaching the gospel of reconciliation before the "door of the ark " is closed as it were .
We ( as a body of believers ) have fallen more than we are even aware for we have made the gospel about US and it is not ...it is FOR us but about God ...and we have made our salvation transactional ...i.e ..I will DO this and receive that . Our capitalism even comes through our doctrines ....what a sacrilege. May God our Father through His Son Jesus Christ give you all Grace , Peace , Wisdom and Understanding in all things as you endeavor to serve Him so that He may receive His own with interest! I ask that you pray the same thing for me .

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you regarding once saved always saved and the fact that despite users of KJV only ( which is the only version ENGLISH speaking believers had for many years ..if they were even literate ) did not follow even what they professed to believe as can be attested to ( established ) by anyone who knows the truth of the history of established forms/communities of christian belief ..to anyone who loves the truth pf course ... we must love the truth . It is interesting that our brother Paul was writing to BELIEVERS when he exhorted them to contend for the faith once delivered to the saints...in other words , belief and faith are not necessarily synonyms. Faith is practiced and with practice we are able by God's grace to see His hand and to demonstrate His love and humility . ( By the way , one of the most amazing attributes of Our Lord is His humility despite being the creator of all things . To me anyway , it is awe inspiring and only one of the many reasons that He is Lord . And actually He is Lord whether I believe it or not.
There are many things I believe from the written word but I know Him because of the Living Word . ( The letter kills but the Spirit gives life . ) I do sincerely believe there are many corrupted versions of the assembled writings of various scriptures which leave out key truths and some corrupt others ..of course many people will heap to themselves teachers having itching ears and will leave the narrow way and follow another Jesus ...this is also my concern for some KJV only folks ....Be doers of the Word verses having " belief " by hearing the word . If there be anything else lacking God will also reveal this to you ....so apparently and more importantly experiential for me ...God does reveal truths as is also witnessed by Paul when he wrote ..." If indeed you have heard His voice " ..BTW ..I do not " hear" voices but in the spirit He does witness Himself and it is never against His word nor is contrary to what I believe the early church believed and practiced . For example ..No divorce and remarriage ..for ANY reason ...because to remarry does not demonstrate the Faithfulness of God ...divorce yes ..remarriage no . ... Women nor men trying to be " attractive " to members of the opposite sex ...why would a believer try to attract anyone ? We only have life through Christ ..not through our flesh for in our flesh dwells no good thing.
And being a gentile , I trust the word and judgement of our apostle Paul who the Lord Jesus sent . ( If any man be a prophet or spiritual let them acknowledge that things I write unto you are the COMMANDMENTS of Lord . 1 Corinthians 14:37 ) I am not of course a prophet but I do acknowledge the wisdom given to Paul for us ...women having their head covered while praying or prophesying ..learning to be keepers at home so that the Word of God be not blasphemed . Paul's doctrine was about God for he learned it through Christ ...It was NOT about MAN .
So in closing ..KJV only? ..I get your concern but it will not stop nor has it stopped the corruption of the previous 400 years ..and earlier ...I think it ( KJV only ) may be a snare to SOME believers who " get saved " by believing the KJV Bible but may not be born again nor are being transformed ..never humbled but do not want to go to hell ..then they become very evangelical and proud ..what a snare ..that is why I wanted to point out what I believe to be the mistranslation in Acts 7:45 ...Stephen was preaching to Jewish who knew the exodous story by heart ..and that was revealed to me ..I only saw it while reading the KJV but it is no wise destroyed my faith ...preaching and living the Living Word will ...we are not to "fix" society but to redeem people from society . Preaching the gospel of reconciliation before the "door of the ark " is closed as it were .
We ( as a body of believers ) have fallen more than we are even aware for we have made the gospel about US and it is not ...it is FOR us but about God ...and we have made our salvation transactional ...i.e ..I will DO this and receive that . Our capitalism even comes through our doctrines ....what a sacrilege. May God our Father through His Son Jesus Christ give you all Grace , Peace , Wisdom and Understanding in all things as you endeavor to serve Him so that He may receive His own with interest! I ask that you pray the same thing for me .

Dear Needy Follower:

Here a few points that I hope you will consider.

A. Believers Need a Message From God That is 100% Nailed Down in a Language They Are Familar With.

Well, I cannot stress this point enough. If believers do not hold in their hands the very words of God perfectly, then who gets to decide which words are corrupt and which words are true? Do we decide what is and what is not God's Word? Now, you might say that the changes are so minor that it does not effect major doctrine and truths. But I disagree. I see a subtle message being pushed in the Modern Translations and it is seeking to eliminate the Trinity, key important points made in Scripture for our instruction in righteousness, and a watering down of many important things in God's Word like the blood of Christ, holiness and the deity of Jesus Christ. Then there is the devil's name placed within Modern Translations where they should not be, as well. This should be no surprise that there is a subtle change to God's Word because the devil seeks to attack God's Word. Sometimes his tactics are so subtle that nobody notices. The problem we see today, is that we keep getting more new Bibles that seek to be better and better (As if we do not have the truth of God's Word or something).​

B. KJV Has Proven Itself Time and Time Again in That it is Divine in Origin.

Three biblical points prove the KJV is the divinely inspired Word of God for our day.

#1. God's Word claims that it is perfect
God's Word claims that it is perfect (Psalms 12:6) (Psalms 119:140) (Proverbs 30:5) and that it will be preserved for all generations (Psalms 12:7) and it will stand forever (Isaiah 40:8) (1 Peter 1:25). So if we believe these verses by faith, then we have to conclude that there is a perfect Word for our generation today. The KJV just so happens to fit here (if you were to trust it and to study it). In fact, what we are talking about here is a matter of faith. It is a test of faith in God's Word (See the test the devil gave to Eve in Genesis 3:1); For the Bereans were more noble because they compared the spoken Word of God with the written Word of God (Acts of the Apostles 17:11). In other words, if the Bereans thought the written Word was corrupt in some way they would have no way of really knowing if the spoken Word of God was true or not.

#2. KJV vs. Modern Translations
A simple side by side comparison of the KJV vs Modern Translations shows us that the devil tries to place his name in the Modern Versions. Have no idea what I am talking about?

Well, many Bible versions say that it is the dragon who is standing on the sea shore in Revelation. This is just evil and wrong.

See Parallel Version for Revelation 13:1 here...

Revelation 13:1 The dragon stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name.

See, if you know anything about Bible language, standing on something means that you "own it"; And the devil wants to own you. In the King James, John is standing on the seashore. Yet in many Bible versions the dragon (i.e. the devil) is standing on the seashore.

Why is this a problem?

Let's look at...

Genesis 22:17

"That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the seashore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;"

Did you catch that? God says to Abraham that He will multiply his seed as the stars of the heaven and as the sand which is upon the seashore where he will then possess the gate of his enemies (i.e. the devil and his kingdom). The apostle John who wrote Revelation was Jewish and he was the promised seed of Genesis 22 standing on the seashore in Revelation 13. It was not the dragon or the devil standing on the seashore.

For certain Modern Versions eliminate the part of the passage in Revelation 13:1 that says that John is standing on the seashore (When he refers to himself as "I"). To see more examples of the devil placing his name in Scripture where it should not be, click on the following spoiler button.

In fact, this is not the only time the devil has tried to place his name in the Bible in exchange for something that is supposed to be sacred or holy. We see the devil tries to place his name in Modern Translations in Daniel 3.

In Daniel 3, the Babylonian king says there is one like the "Son of God" in the fiery furnace along with Daniel's three friends. This is Jesus! Yet, in the Modern Translations it says the "son of the gods." In many false religions we can see how certain gods had mated with human females and created a hybrid. This is popular even in Greek mythology. So who saved Daniel's friends? Jesus or some hybrid like Hercules?

Nebuchadnezzar thought this was an angel of God (singular and not plural).

"Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God." (Daniel 3:28).

This was not the "son of the gods (plural) (little "g")!!!
No way Hosea! I mean, "No way José!"
Nebuchadnezzar clearly was referencing the most high God.
The Bible says (even something similar in your Modern Version),

"Then Nebuchadnezzar came near to the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, came forth of the midst of the fire." (Daniel 3:26).

Angels are called the: "sons of God" in Job.

The fourth person in the fire was still Jesus! The son of God. The Scriptures were still correct in their inspiration by God when they say, "and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God." While Nebuchadnezzar did not know it was the second person of the Godhead or the Trinity, the Lord our God who inspired Scripture surely would have glorified the name of the Son of God (Jesus) in this instance. For it was Jesus who was in the fire with Daniel's three friends!

Also, please check out this thread here, as well. It will help to explain this situation a little better, too.

(Please take note: I do not believe Jesus is an angelic being; I believe Jesus is the second person of the Godhead or the Trinity and that He is fully 100% God who took on the flesh of man).

In Isaiah 14:12, the devil's name "Lucifer" is replaced with "Day Star" or the "Morning Star."
Yes, I am aware that "morning stars" are angels in the book of Job.

But Modern Translations also say this is the Shining Star or the Son of the Dawn. Why?

Jesus says,
"I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." (Revelation 22:16).

So Jesus is the BRIGHT and MORNING star!

Yet, the individual in Isaiah 14:12 in Modern Translations is called the shining (bright) and morning star or the Day Star, etc.

So the devil is trying to be like the most high here. He is taking a similar sounding title of Jesus in Isaiah 14:12.

For where is the bright and morning star up in the sky?
It is the sun.
That is why He is called the bright and morning star because the sun is bright and rises in the morning.

Also, Lucifer means "light bearer."
Scripture tells us this is what it means.

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." (2 Corinthians 11:14).

The word "angel" also means "messenger." So 2 Corinthians 11:14 is saying that Satan is a light messenger or light bearer. In fact, when Satan is described with having all kinds of jewelry on him, it was symbolic of who he was. Certain gemstones refract light. They are not light themselves, but they merely reflect whatever light is in existence. Gemstones are like little light bearers. So how fitting the name "Lucifer" is for the devil. Yet, Modern Translations seek to give the devil a name that is similar to Jesus. This is wrong (of course).

Also, the devil tries to take out key points in important discussions within the Bible (Which can affect doctrine). For example: In Romans 7 Paul talks from the Jew's perspective in keeping the Old Testament Law (Which leads to problems), and he gives us the climax or heart of his message as a solution in Romans 8:1. Now, certain modern translations have eliminated "who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." Eliminating this passage destroys the whole thrust of Paul's argument. Walking in the Spirit is the key to being in Christ Jesus. You eliminate that and you destroy Paul's argument. Also, 1 John 5:7 is the only verse in the Bible that is the clearest and most concise teaching on the Godhead (i.e. the Trinity). But you wil no doubt say that key doctrines and truths are not changed. But you forget, the devil seeks to change God's Word in a subtle way. The enemy is crafty. For we see the devil seek to slightly change God's Word in the Garden with Eve, and with Jesus when he was in the wilderness (the desert).

#3. Biblical Numerics
Revelation 13:8 gives us an example that we can count numbers as a part of wisdom (Also see Ecclesiastes 7, which is the 666th chapter of the Bible). Bible Numbers that glorify God and His Word. (Note: These are not equidistant letter sequences or numbers that attempt to get one to have a special dream, or to divine the future in some way - Striving to foretell the future is forbidden in the Bible). Numbers are something that we deal with in our everyday life and all things glorify God. So obviously the numbers in God's Word would naturally glorify Him in some way. What am I talking about? Check out this video on Numbers & the Greek New Testament.

Sevens in the Bible - Chuck Missler:

Also, here is a video series by Mike Hoggard that talks about the number 7 in the King James.

King James Code - Number 7 - Mike Hoggard (Part 1):

King James Code - Number 7 - Mike Hoggard (Part 2):

Note: Please take note that I do not believe everything Chuck and Mike believe. I merely agree with what they are saying about numbers in God's Word and how that shows that His Word is divine in origin. The numbers are not meant to help us to prophecy the future or anything silly like that.​

C. I Probably Would Not Be a Believer in Christ Today if There Was No Perfect Word Like the KJV.

I remember at one time in my early walk with God, that a man in an article said there was an error in my Bible. It sure looked like an error at the time. In fact, for me, it was a matter of my faith being on the line. Was God's Word lying to me? Was it all not true? But you know what I did? I trusted God that I did not have an explanation for what I seen in my Bible and the Lord later revealed to me the true meaning of what that suppossed error was. If you are interested in that supposed error, you can check it out by clicking on the following spoiler button.

Did Solomon have 40,000 stalls for his horses (1 Kings 4:26), or 4,000 stalls (2 Chronicles 9:25)?

Firstly, it should be noted that this “supposed contradiction” does not appear in the New International Version, which states that Solomon had “four thousand stalls” in both verses. However, the NIV translation mistakenly states that Solomon had twelve thousand horses, when in fact the original Hebrew text (and all other English translations of it) state that Solomon had twelve thousand horsemen. This error results in three horses per chariot (an unusually odd number) and three horses per stall (which seems a little crowded). Opening a lexicon, we see that the King James Version gives an accurate rendering of the Hebrew text (correctly translating the Hebrew parash as “horsemen”), and for this reason we know that this translation can be trusted in accurately explaining this “contradiction”.

With that said, let’s examine these two verses. 1 Kings 4:26 states, “Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen” while 2 Chronicles 9:25 states “Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen”.

1 Kings 4:26 counts only the horses that were intended to be used “for his chariots”. On the other hand, 2 Chronicles 9:25 counts both the horses “and chariots” together.

1 Kings 4:26 states that Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses, meaning that he had forty-thousand stalls with horses in them. 2 Chronicles 9:25 counts both horses and chariots together. If each chariot stall contains within it ten horse stalls (perhaps one stall for each horse that pulls the chariot) then there is no contradiction.

Solomon had 40,000 stalls for his horses. Solomon had 4,000 chariots (three riders per chariot, since we know from both 1 Kings 4:26 and 2 Chronicles 9:25 that he had twelve thousand horsemen) and every chariot had its own stall. Chariots are pulled by multiple horses – in this case, ten horses. Each chariot stall had within it ten individual horse stalls – one for each horse that pulled that specific chariot.

In fact, here is a similar one.

Did David capture 700 of King Zobah's horsemen (2 Samuel 8:4), or was it 7,000 (1 Chronicles 18:4)?

2 Samuel 8:4 says that David took 700 horsemen, while 1 Chronicles 18:4 says that David took 7000 horsemen. These verses are not in contradiction. The King James version correctly describes 1000 chariots in both 2 Samuel 8:4 and 1 Chronicles 18:4. Both verses also state that David reserved 100 chariots. Combining the information from these two verses we see that David took 700 horsemen for the chariots he kept, but he took a total of 7000 horsemen away from the enemy king. The two different numbers for the number of chariots provide us with a consistent 7:1 horseman-to-chariot ratio. This is reasonable, as seven horsemen could easily share the same chariot.

So we can conclude that if one believes the Bible is not written entirely by God and reads something at face value like the above passages without the help of the Spirit teaching them, then one is only going to see errors in God's Word where none really exist.

1 Thessalonians 2:13

"For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe."

Also, God is not the author of confusion. He is not going to give me conflicting messages or words. But what if I lived before the KJV came to be? There was the Latin Bible that existed perfectly. But what about if I lived during the time of Paul? Then I would have read some of the letters from Paul, John, and or Peter, etc. and believed those words as being perfect for that time. But you want me to believe that the faith would be different today as it was back then. That men of God could not trust God's Word perfectly. See, my Bible. It's not called the "holey Bible" whereby it is full of holes and errors. My Bible is called the "Holy Bible" because it is perfect and divine in origin. It is holy because it comes from God. They are the very words of God. If they are corrupted in some way, then God has failed to preserve His Word and I have to guess as to which words to choose as being true or not true. Also, our faith rests in God's Word, as well. For faith comes by hearing and hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). So to say that the Word of God we have today is not perfect is to say that our faith is not perfect. Why? Because our faith comes from the Word of God.​

Anyways, there are several more points I want to address within your post. However, I will have to address them later, my friend.

In any event, I hope that what I had written will help you understand where I am coming from.

May God's love shine upon you today;
And may you please be well.

With loving kindness to you in Christ,

Sincerely,

~ Jason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Needy Follower:

I also want to add that God has been talking to my heart about Acts of the Apostles 7:45 and Hebrews 4:8 the past few days. After looking over these pieces of Scripture again, I am now leaning to thinking that these verses are indeed talking about Joshua, but the name "Jesus" is simply the Greek rendering of that name.

How so?

Here are two articles that explain it better than me:

“Jesus” or “Joshua” in Acts 7:45 & Hebrews 4:8? - King James Version Today

Acts 7:45 & Hebrews 4:8 - Jesus, Joshua: What's The Difference Anyway?

Anyways, please be well;
And may God bless you.

Sincerely,

Jason.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Needy Follower:

400 Years of KJV Is Not Insignificant.

No other Bible translation in English has been more revered and read than the KJV. There is no NLT Only groups or ESV only types. There is on the other hand KJV Only proponents because men regard God's Word as existing in the world language for our day based on looking at the facts. These facts internally verifiable by the Word of God itself. The King James was unique in it's formation. No other Bible has under went such an intense process of peer reviewing each other's work amongst so many lovers of God's Word. The KJV was the first Bible to be mass printed and widely accepted as God's Holy Word for many many years long before the Modern Translation came on to the scene. Are the Modern Translations entirely evil? No. They can be helpful in updating the 1600's English in the KJV. But we should not place our final word of authority in the Critical Text because there are so many eliminations of verses and passages that shine forth God's beloved truth. For imagine if you lived during the time of the KJV long before the Modern Translations came onto the scene. Imagine that is the only Bible you have ever known and loved among your fellow brethren. Then imagine one day two men come along who would change all that. Pieces or parts of God's Word you held dear are now suddenly changed or distorted. What you believed to be the Word of God is no more with these new upcoming so called improvements. But are they really improvements? Pershaps in regards to certain passages when it comes to updating the language.... "yes"; But when it comes to other parts of God's Word, we see a dark distortion. An attack on God's very Word.​

Westcott and Hort.

Westcott and Hort were the two men who had written a Greek Text (i.e. the Critical Text) upon which all Modern Translations are based upon. These men were involved in the occult and various heresies such as: Denying the Substitutionary Atonement, believing man was divine, and favoring Evolution, etc. This is evident if one were to even look at the fruit of these Modern Translations. The attack then makes sense. God's Word has warnings for adding or taking away from His Word in Revelation.​

Anyways, I hope to reply with more later.

May God be with you today;
And may you please be well.

Sincerely,

Jason.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Needy Follower:

Both Sides of the Camp Can Be Filled with Error.

I have seen Modern Translation Proponents say some really nasty stuff and believe some really crazy things. The same holds true for KJV Only folks, as well. So I do not think holding to either the "KJV Only" or to the “Original Language Only Position” is the source of whether someone has correct doctrine or not. However, I believe that there is more of a likely chance for a believer to fall away from the faith if they do not believe in a perfect Word of God like the KJV. For I almost fell away from the faith thinking that God's Word was filled with errors (Meaning that the book was not divine and could not be trusted).​

The KJV is Not Going to Mislead People Because We Have the Holy Spirit.

God’s Word is not understood by a school, pastor, or website. God’s Word is understood by the power of the Holy Spirit. So God can teach a believer the truth of His Word using the 1600's English within the KJV.​

Anyways, may the Lord's goodness be upon you this fine day.

Sincerely,

~ Jason.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dear Needy Follower:

In regards to your statement about God's Commands:

Well, I am glad you believe we should follow God’s commands, but it does not sound like you believe we have to do anything after we accept Jesus as a part of the salvation process. Is that true? If so, you must know that servants have to serve their king and not themselves. Otherwise they are in allegiance to their own self and sin and not God.

This of course brings up the topic of OSAS (Once Saved Always Saved). Do you believe in OSAS? Do you believe serious sin can separate a believer from God?

Thank you for taking the time for reading my replies.
I hope you answer the questions here within this post, as well.

I appreciate it.

May God bless you;
And please be well.

Sincerely,

~ Jason.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
~~~ Benjamin Franklin

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear Needy Follower:

In regards to your statement about God's Commands:

Well, I am glad you believe we should follow God’s commands, but it does not sound like you believe we have to do anything after we accept Jesus as a part of the salvation process. Is that true? If so, you must know that servants have to serve their king and not themselves. Otherwise they are in allegiance to their own self and sin and not God.

This of course brings up the topic of OSAS (Once Saved Always Saved). Do you believe in OSAS? Do you believe serious sin can separate a believer from God?

Thank you for taking the time for reading my replies.
I hope you answer the questions here within this post, as well.

I appreciate it.

May God bless you;
And please be well.

Sincerely,

~ Jason.
Hi Brother ...You are of course very kind to take the effort in explaining your position on KJV Only . And I do not disagree with the errors of many of the modern translations ( which misdirect or annul the meaning of God's Word ...the meat or "takeaway" if you will .) Of course this is done with even the KJV when verses are taken out of context ( which is what the enemy tried to do with Jesus in the desert ) , i.e It is written that he shall give His angels charge , etc. Psalms 91:11 . Of course my fear is also that many might take a " belief in KJV " as an amulet or charm and make it ( belief in KJV ) as the source of their faith and not Jesus Christ Himself ...I know this may sound odd but I have observed it in other instances ( head coverings/plain living for amish ..though I happen to believe in both ,) is just one example ...our faith is in the living Jesus Christ . He is the author and finisher of our faith ..I know WHOM I have believed ..not I know WHAT I have believed though that is important ...I can not even trust myself ..If He does not keep me , I will not be kept. This brings me to the answer of your first question .

You asked : it does not sound like you believe we have to do anything after we accept Jesus as a part of the salvation process. Is that true?
At this point in my salvation , I believe that the early believers understood that the "new birth" was the start of the journey ...exactly like Israel leaving Egypt . There are things I understand to be true that I did not 5 years for I believe by God's grace I have grown a little ...just as an infant's perspective is different once he stands . Do we have have to do anything after we accept Jesus ? Yes , we must learn to do everything ! While it is true that a baby can not be unborn ...a baby left unfed will in fact die ....their light will go out ( Thus the parable of the 10 virgins ) A baby can eat bad food and be anemic ..That is why I have no TV , do not go to movies , do not own a computer . ( My computer was stolen by God's grace when someone broke into my house . ) I am at the library. Also ..in Hebrews it says that without faith it is impossible to please God for we must believe that He is and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him ...When do we STOP diligently seeking Him ? I hope to seek Him forever more ...long after the Resurrection ..for eternity . I understand that people want assurance of salvation but OSAS is transactional and is potentially just humanism in disguise ..( It is about man and not about God ...maybe ..there are many things we BELIEVE but do not know. )

Can serious sin separate a believer from God ...well I believe that it can as it did for David until God in His mercy through Nathan brought David to repentance . In my belief ..one of the gravest of all errors is the fact that in revelation , Christ is telling the "church " to repent ...the "saved " if you will .....Not unbelievers or atheist for they can not ...Only believers can repent . The good news ? He would not have told believers to repent if it were impossible .

Paul said he did not believe anything can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus ..of course a reprobate is not in Christ Jesus . They are in the world and being like Demas ..love this present world. My concern is for christians not that I do not have a concern for unbelievers.. Of course in 2nd timothy 3 , we are told it will come to this . Where I live , the emphasis is on "church' growth verses growing in grace and knowledge of our Savior ...being conformed into His image ..that has been by replaced with evangelism. We take one fourth of a verse " Forsake not the assembling of yourselves together ...and we substitute that for living for Christ . A very grave and unscriptual error ...Not sure if you have read " A Serious Call to a Devout and Holy Life " by William Laws but it is a classic and very thought and conscience provoking .

Above all brother ....please Pray ..pray for BELIEVERS ..pray for me . Also my family ..they are all lost . Ask that God will grant me humility for even Biblical knowledge can be a snare . ( It will make us think we are more than we are ..or too highly of ourselves ...the guy taking a higher seat at the feast . There is much work to be done in the kingdom . Grace and peace in the power of His name ..In the authority of the name of Jesus which is above all names .

Your brother

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Brother ...You are of course very kind to take the effort in explaining your position on KJV Only . And I do not disagree with the errors of many of the modern translations ( which misdirect or annul the meaning of God's Word ...the meat or "takeaway" if you will .) Of course this is done with even the KJV when verses are taken out of context ( which is what the enemy tried to do with Jesus in the desert ) , i.e It is written that he shall give His angels charge , etc. Psalms 91:11 . Of course my fear is also that many might take a " belief in KJV " as an amulet or charm and make it ( belief in KJV ) as the source of their faith and not Jesus Christ Himself ...

But if a person makes the KJV the source of their faith, they would have already have accepted Christ as their Savior, believed in His death and resurrection and submit to the good work that He wants to do within their life (i.e. to obey His commands directly given by Him and His followers within the pages of the New Testament, and not the Old Testament). If a KJV only proponent does not make Jesus their Lord and Savior both in Justification and in Sanctification, and they just focus on the book alone to save them without Jesus, then they are not obeying what the KJV (i.e. the Bible) says.

In the KJV:

1 John 3:23 is a commandment to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
Acts of the Apostles 17:30 is a commandment to repent.
One would not know about these commands pointing to Jesus and His transforming power if it was not for the Word (the KJV or another translation).

You said:
I know this may sound odd but I have observed it in other instances ( head coverings/plain living for amish ..though I happen to believe in both ,) is just one example ...

Head coverings is more of a cultural thing in my view; And it is not big deal to wear head coverings as long as they do not condemn others who do not follow the same way. The head covering was a symbol of the time of that culture in showing submission to one's husband. Today within most English speaking countries, this is not the case.

As for living with the Amish: Well, there is nothing wrong with living as an Amish person. As long as they still seek to preach the gospel to all nations and seek to obey Jesus. The problem arises when somebody thinks they have to be Amish in order to be saved.

You said:
...our faith is in the living Jesus Christ .

I imagine even Amish folk (who believe one has to be Amish) and Christians who believe head coverings is mandatory, also believe that having faith in the living Christ is important to them, too. The problem is that some of them (and not all of them) are making a commandment of God where none exists.

You said:
He is the author and finisher of our faith ..I know WHOM I have believed ..not I know WHAT I have believed though that is important ...I can not even trust myself ..If He does not keep me , I will not be kept.

I disagree about having the knowledge of the things of God.
Scripture says God's people are destroyed for lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6).

Trust in Christ for salvation is good, but if there is no change of life from our old life whereby we obey Christ's commandments, then we are showing that we do not really love Christ. For Jesus says if you love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15). "But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: " (1 John 2:5). The meat of the Word is being able to discern between good and evil (Hebrews 5:14).

In all Jesus' teachings He referred to the divine authority of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:17-18; Matthew 8:17;Matthew 12:40-42; Luke 4:18-21; Luke 10:25-28; Luke 15:29-31; Luke 17:32; Luke 24:25-45; John 5:39-47). He quoted the Old Testament 78 times, the Pentateuch alone 26 times. He quoted from Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Psalms, Proverbs, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Hosea, Amos, Jonah, Micah, and Malachi. He referred to the Old Testament as “The Scriptures,” “the word of God,” and “the wisdom of God.” Jesus defeated the devil by using Scripture. For three words, "It is written" was said 3 times by Jesus in Matthew 4:1-11. This is confirmed by Ephesians 6 with how the Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God which is a part of putting on the armor of God so that one can stand against the wiles of the devil (Ephesians 6:11, 16). For the Living Word (Jesus) is like a two edged sword that divides asunder the soul and the spirit because He always speaks the words of God because He is God (Hebrews 4:12).

Jesus tells us to abide in Him and to abide in His words (John 15:7). The two go together like sour cream and butter on a baked potato, or like nuts and squirrels, or bows and arrows, or poodles and ruined carpets, or super loud lifted pickup trucks and Texas.

You said:
This brings me to the answer of your first question .

You asked : it does not sound like you believe we have to do anything after we accept Jesus as a part of the salvation process. Is that true?
At this point in my salvation , I believe that the early believers understood that the "new birth" was the start of the journey ...exactly like Israel leaving Egypt . There are things I understand to be true that I did not 5 years for I believe by God's grace I have grown a little ...just as an infant's perspective is different once he stands . Do we have have to do anything after we accept Jesus ? Yes , we must learn to do everything ! While it is true that a baby can not be unborn ...a baby left unfed will in fact die ....their light will go out ( Thus the parable of the 10 virgins ) A baby can eat bad food and be anemic ..

I believe in the Bible's teaching on Conditional Salvationism and I am strongly against Eternal Security, Once Saved Always Saved, Free Grace, and or any other doctrine that seeks to justify a sin and still be saved type belief on some level. It appears that you also believe in Conditional Salvationism as taught in God's Word and you are against OSAS; And I am glad to hear that.

You said:
That is why I have no TV ,

There is nothing wrong with owning a TV.
But it can be a source of temptation for some believers.
I used to watch worldly movies and TV shows.
I used to love superhero films because I grew up loving Marvel comics, etc.
But about a year and a half ago, I put away watching secular films and shows.
I now only watch Christian movies through instant streaming channels on my TV.
I will occasionally watch documentaries on nature that are educational, but even these you have to be careful because they will on rare occasion push re-incarnation or the new age in them.

My favorite movies are:

1. What if.
2. Time-changer.
3. Prince of Egypt.
4. Resurrection of Gavin Stone.
5. The Case for Christ.
6. Gospel of John (2003)
7. Miracles from Heaven
8. The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry.
9. Finding Normal
10. The Star.
11. 77 Chances.
12. Risen.

To check out the trailers: Click on the following spoiler button:
1. What if Trailer:

2. Time-Changer Trailer:

3. Prince of Egypt Trailer:

4. The Resurrection of Gavin Stone:

5. The Case for Christ:

Note: I will include Part 2 of these trailers in my next post.

You said:
do not go to movies ,

For some, I understand that it can be a temptation to even see a Christian film in the theaters. Personally, I have made the committment to stay away from secular films and only see Christian films and educational nature documentaries. I just seen Samson that is currently in theaters and I am glad of the message that it can bring for people. It is not a perfect movie, but it has a good message (that can get people curious to read their Bibles). I am also sort of excited to see the Apostle Paul and God's Not Dead 3 in March.

You said:
do not own a computer . ( My computer was stolen by God's grace when someone broke into my house . ) I am at the library.

I can understand that for some, a personal computer at home can be a temptation. But one can also be tempted by just going to a library, as well. Unless of course they have banned beautiful women at the library or something. Currently, me owning a home computer is not a temptation for me. I am always in discussion about God's Word when I am on my computer most times.

You said:
Also ..in Hebrews it says that without faith it is impossible to please God for we must believe that He is and He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him ...When do we STOP diligently seeking Him ?

I am glad that you said that we should seek the Lord.

You said:
I hope to seek Him forever more ...long after the Resurrection ..for eternity . I understand that people want assurance of salvation but OSAS is transactional and is potentially just humanism in disguise ..( It is about man and not about God ...maybe ..there are many things we BELIEVE but do not know. )

Yeah, OSAS in my book is really really bad.

You said:
Can serious sin separate a believer from God ...well I believe that it can as it did for David until God in His mercy through Nathan brought David to repentance . In my belief ..one of the gravest of all errors is the fact that in revelation , Christ is telling the "church " to repent ...the "saved " if you will .....Not unbelievers or atheist for they can not ...Only believers can repent . The good news ? He would not have told believers to repent if it were impossible .

Paul said he did not believe anything can separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus ..of course a reprobate is not in Christ Jesus . They are in the world and being like Demas ..love this present world. My concern is for christians not that I do not have a concern for unbelievers..

I know what you mean. I feel the same way.

You said:
Of course in 2nd timothy 3 , we are told it will come to this . Where I live , the emphasis is on "church' growth verses growing in grace and knowledge of our Savior ...being conformed into His image ..that has been by replaced with evangelism. We take one fourth of a verse " Forsake not the assembling of yourselves together ...and we substitute that for living for Christ . A very grave and unscriptual error ...Not sure if you have read " A Serious Call to a Devout and Holy Life " by William Laws but it is a classic and very thought and conscience provoking .

Thank you. I looked at the reviews of this book at Amazon and it appears to be long stories trying to make moral points.

You said:
Above all brother ....please Pray ..pray for BELIEVERS ..pray for me . Also my family ..they are all lost .

I will pray for you and your family; And I will also pray for other believers (of course).

You said:
Ask that God will grant me humility for even Biblical knowledge can be a snare . ( It will make us think we are more than we are ..or too highly of ourselves ...the guy taking a higher seat at the feast .

I disagree. All Scripture is profitable for doctrine and instruction in righteousness so that they man of God may be perfect unto every good work (2 Timothy 3:16-17). God's Word is not like other books. It's knowledge is like food that leads us to having a closer relationship with the Lord. For man shall not live by bread alone but every word of God that proceeds out of His mouth.

You said:
There is much work to be done in the kingdom .

Which should be done in accordance to God's Word (i.e. knowledge that is acted upon).

You said:
Grace and peace in the power of His name ..In the authority of the name of Jesus which is above all names .

Indeed. May the Lord Jesus Christ (Who is God) receive all the glory (Whose name is above all names).

You said:
Your brother

May God bless you greatly today.

Last edited:
Upvote 0