Kevin McCarthy: House Vote Made Adam Schiff ‘Judge, Jury And Prosecutor’ In Trump Impeachment

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
That runs counter to what is printed on the memorandum (emphasis mine):
Thank you for providing the full caution statement ... which indicates that anomalies might cause minor inaccuracies in the transcript.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟322,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you for providing the full caution statement ... which indicates that anomalies might cause minor inaccuracies in the transcript.
It's pretty open-ended as to what might cause inaccuracies, as well as their potential severity. While it does provide two examples of things that could lead to inaccuracy, it also makes it clear that there are more possibilities (two is not "several"), and even of the two possibilities provided, translation errors can drastically alter the meaning of a statement.

The point is that is not, and was never intended to be, a verbatim transcript, as you claimed. And even as a non-verbatim transcript, it still supports the whistleblower's claims.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The point is that is not, and was never intended to be, a verbatim transcript, as you claimed.
Noting that I've never seen a verbatim transcription.

Almost every transcript I've ever read has some nonsensical transcription errors in it ... yet even with such inaccuracies they are still referred to as transcripts.

The term transcript is an apt term for Trump's Ukraine call.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟322,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Noting that I've never seen a verbatim transcription.

Almost every transcript I've ever read has some nonsensical transcription errors in it ... yet even with such inaccuracies they are still referred to as transcripts.

The term transcript is an apt term for Trump's Ukraine call.
Unless you were on the call yourself, you have no way of knowing that certain words and phrases were not left out or altered (as at least one individual who was on the call has claimed).

And again, even as it is, the memo backs up the whistleblower's complaint. There are some things that may be down to differing interpretations of certain phrases, but everything that the complaint mentioned is absolutely in the provided document.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Unless you were on the call yourself, you have no way of knowing if certain words and phrases were left out or altered (as at least one individual who was on the call has claimed).
The only claim for "altering" I've heard verbalized involved the whistleblower or his cohorts who attempted to alter the transcript to include some incriminating verbiage ... but were apparently unable to do so.

Noting that the whistleblower himself was not a party to the call ... so any changes introduced by him would have been a corruption of the transcript.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟331,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the whistleblower's claim was found to be meritless when my wife was found alive and well.

So, tell me again why the investigation by the prosecution continues?

At this point it's only harassment, and I intend to sue for damages.
Winking_smiley.gif

Nope, there has been no investigation there should be no investigation -- just straight to trial, so your wife hasn't been "found." It is only you who claim that she is alive, with an alleged sister that lives outside the country -- but no evidence of how she left, why her passport was on a counter, and that some claim she was an only child -- and that the blood is from a Thanksgiving dinner (was it Canadian Thanksgiving, since ours isn't for a couple of weeks yet?).

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Nope, there has been no investigation there should be no investigation -- just straight to trial, so your wife hasn't been "found." It is only you who claim that she is alive, with an alleged sister that lives outside the country -- but no evidence of how she left, why her passport was on a counter, and that some claim she was an only child -- and that the blood is from a Thanksgiving dinner (was it Canadian Thanksgiving, since ours isn't for a couple of weeks yet?).
LOL ... now, now, now. You can't change the story line after being proven wrong.

Thanks much though for so effectively illustrating how crimes can be made up and modified at will to suit a narrative.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟322,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The only claim for "altering" I've heard verbalized involved the whistleblower or his cohorts who attempted to alter the transcript to include some incriminating verbiage ... but were apparently unable to do so.
The claim of altering comes from Colonel Vindman, who says that certain things in the memo were not translated correctly/completely and that phrases were left out. He was on the call and speaks Russian, so in theory, he would know. He claims that he tried to correct the memo by adding those phrases, which were pretty incriminating, but that his edits were rejected. Vindman is not the whistleblower, and as far as I'm aware, has no association with the whistleblower either.

Now, you can believe Vindman or not - that's your prerogative. But he was on the call and you weren't, so you have to place your trust in someone else if you want to claim that he's lying. And so far - at least to my knowledge - the only people who have disputed his claims about what might have been left out of the memo are those who have something to lose if he's telling the truth. That lends conflict of interest to their denials.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The claim of altering comes from Colonel Vindman, who says that certain things in the memo were not translated correctly/completely and that phrases were left out. He was on the call and speaks Russian, so in theory, he would know. He claims that he tried to correct the memo by adding those phrases, which were pretty incriminating, but that his edits were rejected. Vindman is not the whistleblower.
Vindman's edits were rejected by others who listened in on the call.

Perhaps Vindman heard things which weren't so. It happens. Personal recollections are often flawed.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟322,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Vindman's edits were rejected by others who listened in on the call.

Perhaps Vindman heard things which weren't so. It happens. Personal recollections are often flawed.
We don't know who they were rejected by or for what reason.

Yes, he could have misheard or misremembered. It's possible. But it's also possible that those in charge of editing the memo elected to keep certain potentially embarrassing/incriminating information out of the final product.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟331,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL ... now, now, now. You can't change the story line after being proven wrong.

Thanks much though for so effectively illustrating how crimes can be made up and modified at will to suit a narrative.

Nope, sorry. I started with, "So if a lot of blood is in your home and your wife can't be found, you think we should just arrest and indict your for murder because it appears you killed your wife? Or do you think the police should investigate first, to see if your wife is actually dead and, if she is, you are the one that committed the murder? Particularly when you deny any crime took place, that your wife is just visiting her sister that lives in another country?"

So, fine, go back to the original. Your wife can't be found and there is a lot of blood in the house. There was a tip to the police -- which is why we know she can't be found and that there is blood in your home. Should you just be arrested and tried, or should we actually have an investigation first? You seem not to want to answer that question.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Nope, sorry. I started with, "So if a lot of blood is in your home and your wife can't be found, you think we should just arrest and indict your for murder because it appears you killed your wife? Or do you think the police should investigate first, to see if your wife is actually dead and, if she is, you are the one that committed the murder? Particularly when you deny any crime took place, that your wife is just visiting her sister that lives in another country?"
I provided you with a copy of the Skype recording today with my wife and her sister. Obviously, she's alive today.

Why do you insist on investigating? If you were concerned, you could travel to see her. Why must you persist in harassing me about accusation that some foul play occurred?
So, fine, go back to the original. Your wife can't be found and there is a lot of blood in the house. There was a tip to the police -- which is why we know she can't be found and that there is blood in your home. Should you just be arrested and tried, or should we actually have an investigation first? You seem not to want to answer that question.
But, I provided an accurately dated Skype video. Again, why the harassment?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟833,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Ooo ... is that the latest conspiracy theory? :scratch:

Are you secretly Senator Graham? It's as though you have not read any of the transcripts that have emerged from the committee meetings.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟833,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You know and I know that it wasn't a summary.

It was labeled a "Memorandum" because it was TRANSCRIBED by stenographers …

Have you ever considered the similarity between the words TRANSCRIBED and TRANSCRIPT?

Transcripts are transcribed. If your assertion were correct, it would be labeled transcript. But it isn't.

A memorandum, on the other hand, is something to be remembered later. A useful summary one might say.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟331,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I provided you with a copy of the Skype recording today with my wife and her sister. Obviously, she's alive today.

Why do you insist on investigating? If you were concerned, you could travel to see her. Why must you persist in harassing me about accusation that some foul play occurred?

But, I provided an accurately dated Skype video. Again, why the harassment?

You mean your wife is supposed to be the one with the bag over her head? How am I supposed to tell from a video, where she has a bag over her head, that she is your wife? And that is assuming the video is not doctored, as well. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟214,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Who are you, the Red Queen? "‘No, no!’ said the Queen. ‘Sentence first — verdict afterwards.’"

Investigation first. Impeachment second.
That was the Queen of Hearts (cards) from Alice in Wonderland. The Red Queen (chess) is from Alice Through the Looking Glass. But apart from the wrong queen, yeah.

Upvote 0