Keenan Anderson: Black Lives Matter founder's cousin dies after police arrest

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

A cousin of the Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors died hours after he was repeatedly tasered and restrained in the street by Los Angeles police.
Keenan Anderson, 31, a teacher and father, died at a hospital in Santa Monica.
Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) have released body camera footage of the 3 January encounter.
It shows Mr Anderson begging for help as officers hold him down.
The police who tasered Mr Anderson were called to a traffic accident in the Venice neighbourhood of Los Angeles at around 15:00 local time.
Police chief Michel Moore told a news conference on Wednesday that Mr Anderson had committed a felony hit-and-run in a traffic collision.

He said Mr Anderson had attempted to flee the scene by trying to "get into another person's car without their permission".
Footage shows Mr Anderson in distress when police arrive, telling the first officer "somebody is trying to kill me", although no visible threat appears on camera.

I wonder why nobody is talking about this.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Blade

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

LAPD’s repeated tasing of teacher who died appears excessive, experts say

Several policing experts who reviewed the videos for The Times said that the amount of force used by the officers seemed excessive given the man’s actions and that some of the tactics seemed haphazard.

“It is going to be hard to convince any judge that these officers were using reasonable force,” said Ed Obayashi, a Northern California deputy and a top state advisor on police tactics. “From the visual aspect, it looks like he is not fighting back; he is not threatening the officers. He is saying I am not resisting ... and what could be considered resisting is an automatic reflex of the body to the pain application from the Taser.”

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Leaving out again facts..I know why anyway praise God.
"He went into cardiac arrest at hospital and died, around four and a half hours after officers began trying to restrain him."
Makes you wonder what would have happened if he didn't run but stopped and listen and did what they said. Would seem nothing they did caused the cardiac arrest.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,032.00
Faith
Atheist
Leaving out again facts..I know why anyway praise God.
"He went into cardiac arrest at hospital and died, around four and a half hours after officers began trying to restrain him."
Makes you wonder what would have happened if he didn't run but stopped and listen and did what they said. Would seem nothing they did caused the cardiac arrest.
Seriously? They electrocuted him for 30 seconds followed by 5 more seconds. How much amperage to you think you could take before your heart stops?

Sure, I imagine there are variations, but "nothing"?!?!

Upvote 0