'I'm scared!': Video of Ronald Greene's deadly arrest by Louisiana State Police released

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Honest question, what was the cause of death? Was it the police actions or was it a result of the accident, hitting something after going in excess of 100 mph has to hurt.
I fail to see what this has to do with my post. They told his family he died immediately after the crash, which is a lie, as you can easily verify yourself by looking at the videos.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I fail to see what this has to do with my post. They told his family he died immediately after the crash, which is a lie, as you can easily verify yourself by looking at the videos.
OK so you dont know either, that is all you had to say.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I guess that is your way of admitting that you got caught trying to change the subject.
Not at all it was a serious question, one that apparently others did not think deeply enough to be concerned about.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Not at all it was a serious question, one that apparently others did not think deeply enough to be concerned about.
I'm also not concerned about the breakfast Ronald Greene ate on the day he was brutalised by the police, which was then swept under the rug.

Anything else you want to talk about, except the excessive force used and the lies told by the police department?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm also not concerned about the breakfast Ronald Greene ate on the day he was brutalised by the police, which was then swept under the rug.

Anything else you want to talk about, except the excessive force used and the lies told by the police department?
I guess you are absolutely right, we have a subject who was a subject of police violence but finding out if that contributed in a substantial way to his death just does not matter, that is what you are saying right?

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I guess you are absolutely right, we have a subject who was a subject of police violence but finding out if that contributed in a substantial way to his death just does not matter, that is what you are saying right?
If he was in a car accident and police officers pulled the victim from a car, beat him, tased him, choked him and dragged him on the ground, the fact that he was in a car accident is irrelevant. Police apologism for all sorts of misdeeds and violence is the reason why police violence is still a problem in the United States.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If he was in a car accident and police officers pulled the victim from a car, beat him, tased him, choked him and dragged him on the ground, the fact that he was in a car accident is irrelevant. Police apologism for all sorts of misdeeds and violence is the reason why police violence is still a problem in the United States.
My concern would be criminal charges may be appropriate or they may not but not to make that determination just because the subject was in an automobile accident is not reasonable. Is police violence a problem in the United States, just saying that it is will not make it true, where are the documented cases of the use of excessive force? Enough with the narratives show me the evidence.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Yes, it does not matter in this discussion.

If I find a person lying in a ditch, conscious but dying from a car crash and he would die either way, should I be allowed to kick him in the head a few times because I had a bad day at work?

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
My concern would be criminal charges may be appropriate or they may not but not to make that determination just because the subject was in an automobile accident is not reasonable. Is police violence a problem in the United States, just saying that it is will not make it true, where are the documented cases of the use of excessive force? Enough with the narratives show me the evidence.
The evidence is in the article linked in the OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, it does not matter in this discussion.

If I find a person lying in a ditch, conscious but dying from a car crash and he would die either way, should I be allowed to kick him in the head a few times because I had a bad day at work?
That is exactly the point I am making, if excessive force by the police caused his death someone should be charged, now you see the reason for my question.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The evidence is in the article linked in the OP.
My reading of it does not provide a definite answer, the article seems to leave it up in the air, to be determined by the ongoing investigation.

• Agree
Reactions: Portalmon
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
That is exactly the point I am making, if excessive force by the police caused his death someone should be charged, now you see the reason for my question.
Someone should be charged even if the excessive force didn't cause the death.

Or is your answer "Yes, it's okay to brutalise people that are dying anyway"?

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Someone should be charged even if the excessive force didn't cause the death.

Or is your answer "Yes, it's okay to brutalise people that are dying anyway"?
interesting question from someone who wasn't even interested in finding out if the police contributed to the death.

• Agree
Reactions: Portalmon
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,933.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
interesting question from someone who wasn't even interested in finding out if the police contributed to the death.
I think I have explained enough why that question isn't important in the context of this thread.

• Agree
Reactions: Kratzo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The graphic video of Ronald Greene’s death shows — again — the urgent need for police reform
Relatives of Ronald Greene said authorities initially told them he died on impact after he failed to pull over for a traffic violation, was chased by Louisiana state troopers and crashed his vehicle into a tree shortly after midnight on May 10, 2019. A one-page statement later issued by police said he was taken into custody after struggling with troopers, became unresponsive and died on the way to the hospital. We now know, thanks to body-cam footage obtained by the Associated Press, that there is far more — horrifyingly more — to the story of how this 49-year-old Black man died. And once again, troubling questions are raised about the conduct, character and credibility of police that underscore the need for reform.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟354,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just don't fight them. If you get pulled over or meet a cop be respectful and nice. I don't understand why people don't cooperate with them and then wonder why the cops go on defense. Cooperate and you should be okay. The bad cops are coming to a close because of what is happening. Soon you won't have to worry but even then, cooperate. Don't give them a reason to harm.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Just don't fight them. If you get pulled over or meet a cop be respectful and nice. I don't understand why people don't cooperate with them and then wonder why the cops go on defense. Cooperate and you should be okay. The bad cops are coming to a close because of what is happening. Soon you won't have to worry but even then, cooperate. Don't give them a reason to harm.
The man surrendered. At that point, the police should have arrested him and taken him into custody. Instead, they beat him, choked him, used their tasers on him and dragged him while he was handcuffed. He was not fighting them, he surrendered to them and they killed him.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The man surrendered. At that point, the police should have arrested him and taken him into custody. Instead, they beat him, choked him, used their tasers on him and dragged him while he was handcuffed. He was not fighting them, he surrendered to them and they killed him.
The man surrendered. At that point, the police should have arrested him and taken him into custody
NO he did not according to the op article. He was failing to follow commands and resisting.
Hollingsworth shocks Greene with a stun gun within seconds through the driver's side window as both troopers demand he get out of the vehicle.

Greene exits through the passenger side as the troopers wrestle him to the ground. One trooper can be heard saying "He's grabbing me" as they try to handcuff him. "Put your hands behind your back

Upvote 0