Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus Propitiation fulfilled the law's required price/wage for sin.

This sin payment is accessed by FAITH (Rom 5:1-2. Eph 2:8) No self-works need or ALLOWED! (Eph 2:9)

Right! No works of the law as stated in the O.T. But if there are no works for Christ after accessing by Faith then that faith is dead faith.
James 2:17
(17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
James 2:18
(18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
James 2:20
(20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
James 2:24
(24) Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
James 2:26
(26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.​

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
ADVOCATE
1 Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

[The believers sin advocate is Jesus]

JUDGE
Jn 5:22 The Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

[Christ is mankind's final Judge. (Also see Act 10:42, Jn 5:27]

Strong's #3875 — Noun Masculine — parakletos — par-ak'-lay-tos ) - Advocate
Used in a court of justice to denote a legal assistant, counsel for the defense, an advocate; then, generally, one who pleads another's cause, an intercessor, advocate, as in 1 John 2:1

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words: Advocate
[ A-5,Noun,G3875, parakletos ]
lit., "called to one's side," i.e., to one's aid is primarily a verbal adjective, and suggests the capability or adaptability for giving aid. It was used in a court of justice to denote a legal assistant, counsel for the defense, an advocate; then, generally, one who pleads another's cause, an intercessor, advocate, as in 1 John 2:1, of the Lord Jesus.

[Advocate definition: In a court of justice to denote a legal assistant, counsel for the defense, an advocate; one who pleads another's cause, an intercessor, advocate, as in 1 John 2:1, of the Lord Jesus. At the believers sin trial Jesus is his lawyer.]

At the believers sin judgment day: Their attorney/Jesus is also the final Judge/JESUS (Jn 5:22). Verdict - NOT GUILTY!

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
(MY NOTE: We heard about Christ's sin atoning sacrifice. Placed out FAITH in it/HIM & He SEALED our redemption with His Eternal Life Giving, Holy Spirit!

Rom 8:
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
(MY NOTE: NOTHING can separate the believer from Jesus LOVE. ) Also see Jn 10:28

Rom 5:1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
(MY NOTE: Justified/declared righteous/eternally saved by FAITH in the Lord, Jesus the Christ! AMEN & AMEN)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Right! No works of the law as stated in the O.T. But if there are no works for Christ after accessing by Faith then that faith is dead faith.
James 2:17

(17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

James 2:18

(18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

James 2:20

(20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

James 2:24

(24) Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

James 2:26

(26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Or these two examples as well.

““I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Personally I don’t agree with this particular translation I believe a more accurate translation would be “cut off” instead of “takes away” since the Greek word when used in reference to something that is attached to anything would mean to remove or cut off.

Another good example is Luke 13:6-9

“And He began telling this parable: “A man had a fig tree which had been planted in his vineyard; and he came looking for fruit on it and did not find any. And he said to the vineyard-keeper, ‘Behold, for three years I have come looking for fruit on this fig tree without finding any. Cut it down! Why does it even use up the ground?’ And he answered and said to him, ‘Let it alone, sir, for this year too, until I dig around it and put in fertilizer; and if it bears fruit next year, fine; but if not, cut it down.’ ””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭13‬:‭6‬-‭9‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

And I’m sure we’re all aware of how fond Jesus was with fig trees that didn’t have any fruit for Him.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think they’re self explanatory. People who have been grafted into God’s covenant can be cut off and grafted in again. I feel like this verse makes this abundantly clear.
Yes, but only in some cases. It ain't a done deal.
Hebrews 10:23
(23) Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised; )
If there was no danger of one's faith wavering a warning would not be necessary.
Hebrews 10:25-26
(25) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
(26) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
KJV Dictionary Definition: REDEMPTION

6. In theology, the purchase of God's favor by the death and sufferings of Christ; the ransom or deliverance of sinners from the bondage of sin and the penalties of God's violated law by the atonement of Christ. In whom we have redemption through his blood. Eph. 1, Col. 1.

Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

This REDEMPTION/FORGIVNESS of SINS is accessed by FAITH (Eph 2:8, Rom 5:1-2)

FAITH placed in Jesus sin atoning death (sins required wage/PAID) burial (proof Jesus died) & resurrection (Father's receipt, sins required payment received & accepted) See 1 Cor 15:1-4)

Eph 2:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(MY NOTE: Salvation comes via God's GRACE & FAITH placed in Jesus FINISHED sin atoning work)

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
(MY NOTE: FAITH ALONE! NO self-works needed or ALLOWED!)

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Could be misleading. "No self-works [works of the O.T. law] needed" but faith which does not produce good works is dead. Jas 2:14, Jas 2:17, Jas 2:18, Jas 2:20, Jas 2:22, Jas 2:24, Jas 2:26

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
King James Bible Dictionary FORGIV'EN: Pardoned remitted.

1 Jn 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
(MY NOTE: Believers you ARE forgiven (NOT just until your next sin) for Christ's name's sake, because He bought ALL your sis)

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
(MY NOTE: Christ via the offering of his own sinless blood, entered once into heaven holy place & obtained ETERNAL REDEMPTION for us.)

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
(MY NOTE: Christ sinless payment REDEEMED believers/saints from Mosaic law sin punishment & has obtained scriptures promise of an ETERNAL inheritance)

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
(NOTE: This new Christ administered order of Melchizedek sin management blood covenant is EVERLASTING!)

Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
(MY NOTE: Christ PERFECTED FOREVER those that are sanctified)

Ps 37:28 For the Lord loves justice, And does not forsake His saints; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.
(MY NOTE: The Lord doesn't forsake His saints/believers, but, PRESERVES them FOREVER!)

King James Bible Dictionary REMISSION: Forgiveness; pardon; that is, the giving up of the punishment due to a crime; as the remission of sins. Matt. 26. Heb. 9.

Eph 1:7 In Jesus Christ we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
(MY NOTE: Believers HAVE <Present Tense> forgiveness of sins < PURAL)

Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
(MY NOTE: Eph written to saints/believers (see Eph 1:1) Are SEALED via Christ's indwelling Holy Spirit until the day of our bodily redemption)

Eph 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
(MY NOTE: Written to believers see Col 1:2. Forgive each other as God thru Christ FORGAVE <Past Tense> you.)

Col 3:13 Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
(NOTE: Written to believers see Col 1:2. Vs 13 As the Lord has < Past Tense> FORGIVEN you)

Jude 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ
(MY NOTE: Believers/saints are sanctified by God & PRESERVED in Jesus Christ)

Eph 2:
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(MY NOTE: SAVED by GRACE thru FAITH. A GIFT from God. A gift is given, not earned)

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast
(MY NOTE: NO works needed! Christ's sin atonement did all the work)

Titus 3:5 """Not by works of righteousness which we have done""", but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
(MY NOTE: We're not saved by any work we do. Salvation is a gift given & received thur FAITH & FAITH ALONE!)

II Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, & called us with an holy calling, """not according to our works""" but """according to his own purpose and grace""", which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
(MY NOTE: God SAVES because of the Great Work Jesus did. NOT because of any work we do!)

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
(MY NOTE: Justified ny FAITH ALONE. Void from any law keeping deeds we have done or do!)

Eph 2:
(MY NOTE: Salvation comes via God's GRACE & FAITH placed in Jesus FINISHED sin atoning work)

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but only in some cases. It ain't a done deal.
Hebrews 10:23
(23) Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised; )
If there was no danger of one's faith wavering a warning would not be necessary.
Hebrews 10:25-26
(25) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
(26) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Yes I agree, the Jews were cut off because of their wavering faith, hence “they were cut off for their unbelief”. The Jew’s faith was constantly wavering which is hard to believe since they had witnessed more miracles and more solid evidence than anyone else in the history of the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Covenant to Covenant
The Mosaic law covenant required self-works in order to access God's blessings (Deut 28:1-14) Curses were levied for non-compliance (Deut 28:15-68)

1st The gospel of the kingdom message John the Baptist & Jesus preached (to Israel only) was VOID of Jesus sin atoning death > He's still alive! While Jesus is alive the Mosaic law covenant (Israel/Jews ONLY) is in full force. I'll address that in a minute.

Background: Passover, Pentecost & Tabernacles were 3 Jewish """mandatory pilgrimage feasts""" (all males 20 years & older) were required to travel to Jerusalem. (See Lev 23)

Acts 2:5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
(MY NOTE: ALL these Jews """out of every nation under heaven""" were Mosaic law adherents)

Onto Peters sermon: It's Pentecost, the Temple Mt is full (millions?) of Mosaic law adherent Jews.

Acts 2:38 Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
(MY NOTE: Peter tells these Jews to REPENT > from allowing there Messiah to be KILLED (Acts 2:36-37). Their everyday sins were being addressed by Temple priest sacrifices.

Rereading the 1st sentence above: The Mosaic law covenant REQUIRED SELF-WORKS in order to access God's blessings. If these Mosaic law adherent Jews wanted to receive the Holy Spirit. They had to come forward PUBLICLY & confess Jesus as LORD!

1st listed of the 10 commandments: Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Jewish leadership (Priesthood) rejected Jesus, confessing Him as Lord was see as idolatry. Look what happened to Stephen & eventually every apostle except John.

Way to many NT believers cite Acts 2:38 as the litmus test for receiving Jesus, eternal life giving, Holy Spirit. And promote water baptism as a requirement. That requirement was under the OC law doctrine. And isn't the new covenant message for today's body of Christ.

Read from the old to the new: Hebrews 9 amp - Read the Amplified© Bible Online - Free AMP Bible - SermonCentral.com

Jesus sacrificial DEATH retires the Mosaic law covenant. (Matt 27:51, Heb 9:14-17)

The risen Jesus establishes a NEW BETTER sin management covenant with: His sinless, ONCE for ALL TIME (Heb 9:28, 10:10), perpetually cleansing, God Blood offering/sacrifice. He takes & places His Blood in the Heavenly tabernacle, in the presents of the Father (Heb 9:24).

Heb 9:
14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
(MY NOTE: By the MEANS of DEATH! He becomes the MEDIATOR of the NEW COVENANT! And the REDEEMER of TRANSGRESSIONS)

16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
(MY NOTE: NO DEATH, NO NEW TESTAMENT/COVENANT!)

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
(MY NOTE: Until Jesus DIES, the Old Mosaic law covenant "ISRAEL ONLY" remains in FULL FORCE. Jesus is the testator!)

While Jesus is alive, HOW? Can He be preaching the new testament? Also, his death & resurrection isn't part of the gospel of the kingdom message, Jesus & John the Baptist preached!

Even though He told the 12 He would suffer & die. They didn't UNDERSTAND! (Mk 9:31-4, Lk 9:44-45,18:33-34. God hid it from them)

John 20:9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

John 12:16 These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him.
(MY NOTE: After His RESURRECTION the Holy Spirit recalls/reminds them of the death & resurrection teaching they didn't understand)

The Sermon on the Mt is to ISRAEL about Israel's long promised kingdom (still coming) where their Messiah will rule & reign (the whole world) from Jerusalem.

Post death & resurrection, the new covenant requirement to access God's/Jesus blessings is FAITH void of any works (Eph 2:8-9)

The RISEN Lord Jesus (Acts 26:15-18) gives Paul by direct revelation (Gal 1:12). Christ's gospel of the GRACE of god (Acts 20:24)

NT Gospel of Jesus Christ message:

1 Cor 15:
1 Now brothers and sisters, let me remind you [once again] of the good news [of salvation] which I preached to you, which you welcomed and accepted and on which you stand [by faith].

2 By this faith you are saved [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose], if you hold firmly to the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain [just superficially and without complete commitment].

3 For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to [that which] the Scriptures [foretold],

4 and that He was buried, and that He was [bodily] raised on the third day according to [that which] the Scriptures [foretold],

PARSING:
Vs 1, ""The good news of your SALVATION"" Paul preached ""which they accepted by FAITH!

Vs 2, You were SAVED by FAITH! ""reborn from above, spiritually transformed"" & set apart for His purpose.

Vs 3, The most IMPORTANT SALVATION information needed is: (Vs 3) Christ died for our sins (Vs 4) was buried & He was raised on the 3rd day. (NO H2O NEEDED!)

Synopsis: The gospel/good news whereby you are SAVED by FAITH. Is place your FAITH in Christ' sin atoning sacrificial death offering/payment: He died/Shedding His sinless perpetually cleansing (Heb 10:14) God blood, was buried & rose on the 3rd day. (Father receipt, sins required payment received & accepted. (NO H2O NEEDED!)

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed "ye were sealed with that holy Spirit'' of promise
(PARSING: THEY HEARD & BELIEVED about Jesus sin atoning payment & resurrection. Then (Matt 3:11, Mk 1:8, Lk 3:16) by Jesus, they were <PAST TENSE > SEALED with God's promised Gift of His FOREVER (Jn 14:16) SALVATION SEALING (Eph 1:13-14, 4:30, 2 Cor 1:22, 5:5, 2 Tim 1:14) Eternal Life Giving, Holy Spirit. (NO MENTION of H2O)

Justification/ETERNAL LIFE = Christ's Eternal Life Giving indwelling Holy Spirit < Proof you're FOREVER SAVED > (Eph 1:13-14, 4:30, 2 Cor 1:22, 5:5, 2 Tim 1:14, Jn 14:16) comes/is accessed through Faith! (Eph 5:8, Rom 5:1-2, 10:8-9, 1 Cor 15:1-4)

The old covenant Mosaic law dispensation required SELF-WORKS in order to access God's blessings (Deut 28:1-14)

The new covenant gospel of the GRACE of God dispensation requires FAILH ALONE to access God/Christ's blessings.

Eph 3:2 Paul said; If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dahveed

May 25, 2023
Zion
✟18,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So the way to believe in what Jesus accomplished through the cross is by becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law (Acts 21:20),
By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith. Rom 3:27
but if someone sees God's gift of salvation as just being a pardon then they are only seeing part of what Jesus accomplished on the cross.
What He accomplished on the cross is affirmed in the new covenant. By his one sacrifice he has forever set free from sin the people he brings to God. Hebrews 10:13-18 [CEV]
When He Himself had by offering Himself on the cross as a sacrifice for sin accomplished purification from sins and set us free, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high [revealing His Divine authority]. Heb 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ; Eph 1:1-7

May the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,...
that you may know what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places; Eph 1:17-20

• Agree
Reactions: BrotherJJ
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith. Rom 3:27
In Romans 3:27-31, Paul contrasted a law of works with a law of faith, so works of the law are of works, while he said that our faith upholds God's law, so it is of faith.

What He accomplished on the cross is affirmed in the new covenant. By his one sacrifice he has forever set free from sin the people he brings to God. Hebrews 10:13-18 [CEV]
When He Himself had by offering Himself on the cross as a sacrifice for sin accomplished purification from sins and set us free, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high [revealing His Divine authority]. Heb 1:3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ; Eph 1:1-7

May the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,...
that you may know what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places; Eph 1:17-20
Indeed, while Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness, He also gave himself to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works (Titus 2:14), so becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law is the way to believe in what he accomplished through the cross (Acts 21:20).

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
King James Bible Dictionary FORGIV'EN: Pardoned remitted.

1 Jn 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
(MY NOTE: Believers you ARE forgiven (NOT just until your next sin) for Christ's name's sake, because He paid for ALL the believrs sins)

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
(MY NOTE: Christ via the offering of his own sinless blood, entered once into heaven holy place & obtained ETERNAL REDEMPTION for us.)

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
(MY NOTE: Christ sinless payment REDEEMED believers/saints from Mosaic law sin punishment & has obtained scriptures promise of an ETERNAL inheritance)

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
(NOTE: This new Christ administered order of Melchizedek sin management blood covenant is EVERLASTING!)

Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
(MY NOTE: Christ PERFECTED FOREVER those that are sanctified)

Ps 37:28 For the Lord loves justice, And does not forsake His saints; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.
(MY NOTE: The Lord doesn't forsake His saints/believers, but, PRESERVES them FOREVER!)

King James Bible Dictionary REMISSION: Forgiveness; pardon; that is, the giving up of the punishment due to a crime; as the remission of sins. Matt. 26. Heb. 9.

Eph 1:7 In Jesus Christ we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
(MY NOTE: Believers HAVE <Present Tense> forgiveness of sins < PURAL)

Eph 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
(MY NOTE: Written to believers see Col 1:2. Forgive each other as God thru Christ FORGAVE <Past Tense> you.)

Col 3:13 Bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.
(NOTE: Written to believers see Col 1:2. Vs 13 As the Lord HAS < Past Tense> FORGIVEN you)

Jude 1:1 Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ
(MY NOTE: Believers/saints are sanctified by God & PRESERVED in Jesus Christ)

Eph 2:
(MY NOTE: SAVED by GRACE, a GIFT from God accessed thru FAITH.)

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast
(MY NOTE: Christ's sin atonement did all the work. NO works needed or ALLOWED!)

Titus 3:5 """Not by works of righteousness which we have done""", but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
(MY NOTE: We're not saved by any work we do. Salvation is a gift given & received by FAITH & FAITH ALONE!)

II Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, & called us with an holy calling, """not according to our works""" but """according to his own purpose and grace""", which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
(MY NOTE: God SAVES because of the Great Work Jesus did. NOT because of any work we've done!)

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
(MY NOTE: Justified by FAITH ALONE. Void from any law keeping deeds we have done or do!)

Upvote 0

Dahveed

May 25, 2023
Zion
✟18,722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Romans 3:27-31, Paul contrasted a law of works with a law of faith, so works of the law are of works, while he said that our faith upholds God's law, so it is of faith.
The Lord established his throne in heaven; he is king over all. Psalm 103:17-19 Isaiah 60:3
And has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—Rev 1:5-6
Indeed, while Jesus gave himself to redeem us from all lawlessness, He also gave himself to purify for himself a people of his own possession who are zealous for doing good works (Titus 2:14), so becoming zealous for doing good works in obedience to God's law is the way to believe in what he accomplished through the cross (Acts 21:20).
Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever.
He provided redemption for his people; he ordained his covenant forever—holy and awesome is his name. Psalm 111

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums