Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Justification/Salvation comes/is accessed through Faith!

Find verifiable Greek to English translators definition below/

Rom 3:28 Therefore """we conclude that a man is JUSTIFIED by FAITH without the deeds of the law""".

Rom 5:1 Therefore being JUSTIFIED by FAITH, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be JUSTIFIED by FAITH.

Rom 3:30 Seeing it is one """God, which shall JUSTIFY the circumcision by FAITH, and uncircumcision through FAITH.

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that JUSTIFIETH the ungodly, his FAITH is counted for righteousness.

Gal 3:8 And the scripture, """foreseeing that God would JUSTIFY the heathen through FAITH""", preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a """MAN is NOT JUSTIFIED by the works of the law""", but by the FAITH of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be JUSTIFIED by the FAITH of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words[ B-1,Verb,G1344, dikaioo ] - Justification, Justifier, Justify

PARSING VINE'S Greek word dikaioo V, G1344: Jesus sin atoning death is the complete required fulfillment of the law of God. Proved to be accepted by His resurrection. And now the Father has made Him. JSTFIER (Rom 3:26). Of ALL that seek redemption thru FAITH placed in His FINISHED sin atoning work.

Justification is a legal, formal pronouncement by God/JUDGE rendering a FULL sin pardon, NEVER to be adjudicated AGAIN. Christ received sins judgment, paying the sentence for the crime/SIN.

PAY ATTENTION HERE! In Romans 3:24 (cited in the OP) Being justified is in the """present continuous tense""" """indicating the constant process of justification"""! Of those who believe & have been/are (right now) JUSTIFIED!

In Romans 5:1, being justified, """is in the aorist, or point, tense, indicating the definite time at which each person, upon the exercise of faith, was <DONE DEAL/FINISHED TRANSACTION> justified!

In Romans 8:1, Justification, ""is presented as NO condemnation/judgment due." That "justification" is in view here is confirmed by the preceding chapters and by verse Romans 3:34. In Romans 3:26, the word rendered JUSTIFIER """is the PRESENT PARTICIPLE of the verb""". DONE DEAL/FINISHED TRANSACTION!
Are you not going to address any of the things I mentioned in my last post to you?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
JESUS AND PAUL TAUGHT THE SAME GOSPEL

Jesus taught repentance

“and saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1‬:‭15‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Paul also taught repentance

“Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance? But because of your stubbornness and unrepentant heart you are storing up wrath for yourself in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2‬:‭4‬-‭5‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Jesus taught salvation by grace

““For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭3‬:‭16‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Paul taught salvation by grace

“For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭2‬:‭8‬-‭9‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Jesus taught that we must remain faithful to receive salvation

“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.”
‭‭John‬ ‭15‬:‭4‬-‭6‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Paul also taught that we must remain faithful to receive salvation

“yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach— if indeed you continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard, which was proclaimed in all creation under heaven, and of which I, Paul, was made a minister.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭1‬:‭22‬-‭23‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him; If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us; If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭2‬:‭11‬-‭13‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Jesus taught the necessity of obeying God’s commandments

“And He said to him, “Why are you asking Me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭19‬:‭17‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Paul taught the necessity of obeying God’s commandments

“Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭7‬:‭19‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

There’s only one gospel, the gospel that both Jesus and Paul said was to be preached to all nations, all creation, to both Jews and Gentiles. Jesus and Paul taught the same gospel, the gospel of Christ.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Justification comes by Faith
Rom 3:
21 But now the righteousness of God has been clearly revealed [independently and completely] apart from the Law, though it is [actually] confirmed by the Law and the [words and writings of the] Prophets.
(MY NOTE: The righteousness of God is clearly revealed independently & completely apart from the Law. The law & prophets pointed to HIM)

22 This righteousness of God comes through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [Jew or Gentile] who believe [and trust in Him and acknowledge Him as God’s Son]. There is no distinction,
(MY NOTE: Righteousness comes through faith placed in Jesus sin atoning work. Not thru our self-works of anykind)

23 since all have sinned and continually fall short of the glory of God,

24 and are being justified [declared free of the guilt of sin, made acceptable to God, and granted eternal life] as a gift by His [precious, undeserved] grace, through the redemption [the payment for our sin] which is [provided] in Christ Jesus,
(MY NOTE: Believers in Jesus sin atoning work are declared free of the guilt of sin, made acceptable to God & granted eternal life via the Fathers GIFT of grace)

25 whom God displayed publicly [before the eyes of the world] as a [life-giving] sacrifice of atonement and reconciliation (propitiation) by His blood [to be received] through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness [which demands punishment for sin], because in His forbearance [His deliberate restraint] He passed over the sins previously committed [before Jesus’ crucifixion].

26 It was to demonstrate His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the One who justifies those who have faith in Jesus [and rely confidently on Him as Savior].

27 Then what becomes of [our] boasting? It is excluded [entirely ruled out, banished]. On what principle? On [the principle of good] works? No, but on the principle of faith.

28 For we maintain that an individual is justified by faith distinctly apart from works of the Law [the observance of which has nothing to do with justification, that is, being declared free of the guilt of sin and made acceptable to God].
(MY NOTE: Believers in Jesus sin atoning work are justified/declared righteous & made acceptable to the Father. Through faith distinctly apart from works of the Law!)

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Justification comes by Faith
Rom 3:
21 But now the righteousness of God has been clearly revealed [independently and completely] apart from the Law, though it is [actually] confirmed by the Law and the [words and writings of the] Prophets.
(MY NOTE: The righteousness of God is clearly revealed independently & completely apart from the Law. The law & prophets pointed to HIM)

22 This righteousness of God comes through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [Jew or Gentile] who believe [and trust in Him and acknowledge Him as God’s Son]. There is no distinction,
(MY NOTE: Righteousness comes through faith placed in Jesus sin atoning work. Not thru our self-works of anykind)

23 since all have sinned and continually fall short of the glory of God,

24 and are being justified [declared free of the guilt of sin, made acceptable to God, and granted eternal life] as a gift by His [precious, undeserved] grace, through the redemption [the payment for our sin] which is [provided] in Christ Jesus,
(MY NOTE: Believers in Jesus sin atoning work are declared free of the guilt of sin, made acceptable to God & granted eternal life via the Fathers GIFT of grace)

25 whom God displayed publicly [before the eyes of the world] as a [life-giving] sacrifice of atonement and reconciliation (propitiation) by His blood [to be received] through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness [which demands punishment for sin], because in His forbearance [His deliberate restraint] He passed over the sins previously committed [before Jesus’ crucifixion].

26 It was to demonstrate His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the One who justifies those who have faith in Jesus [and rely confidently on Him as Savior].

27 Then what becomes of [our] boasting? It is excluded [entirely ruled out, banished]. On what principle? On [the principle of good] works? No, but on the principle of faith.

28 For we maintain that an individual is justified by faith distinctly apart from works of the Law [the observance of which has nothing to do with justification, that is, being declared free of the guilt of sin and made acceptable to God].
(MY NOTE: Believers in Jesus sin atoning work are justified/declared righteous & made acceptable to the Father. Through faith distinctly apart from works of the Law!)
You can’t even actually engage in a discussion about the topic. Every time you’re proven wrong you just run away from the discussion. It reminds me of the child who sticks his fingers in his ears and starts shouting LALALALALALA because he doesn’t want to hear what’s being said. Are you here to promote propaganda or can you actually defend your theology in an actual discussion about it like an adult?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No! I have ZERO interest in anything you say.
Lol you have zero interest because you know that you can’t defend your theology. What’s the point of starting a thread on a topic then running from any actual discussion about that topic? The fact that you refuse to engage in a discussion about it only shows that your eyes and ears are shut and you don’t actually care about discovering the truth. It’s the scriptures that dictate our doctrines not our doctrines that dictate the scriptures. I’m willing to discuss ANY VERSES you want me to because my theology is solid I don’t have to fear discussions about it.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Believers united to/one with, Christ

Romans 7:1 Or do you not know, [a]brothers and sisters (for I am speaking to those who know the Law), that the Law has jurisdiction [to rule] over a person as long as he lives?

2 For the married woman [as an example] is bound and remains bound by law to her husband while he lives; but if her husband dies, she is released and exempt from the law concerning her husband.

3 Accordingly, she will be designated as an adulteress if she unites herself to another man while her husband is alive. But if her husband dies, she is free from the law [regarding marriage], so that she is not an adulteress if she marries another man.

4 Therefore, my [c]fellow believers, you too died to the Law through the [crucified] body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God.

5 When we were living in the flesh [trapped by sin], the sinful passions, which were awakened by [that which] the Law [identifies as sin], were at work in our body to bear fruit for death [since the willingness to sin led to death and separation from God].

6 But now we have been released from the Law and its penalty, having died [through Christ] to that by which we were held captive, so that we serve [God] in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter [of the Law].
(MY NOTE: Scripture proclaims, believers are ""released from the Law & its levied sin penalty"")

Amplified Bible - God’s Final Word in His Son

Heb 1:3 The Son is the radiance and only expression of the glory of [our awesome] God [reflecting God’s [a]Shekinah glory, the Light-being, the brilliant light of the divine], and the exact representation and perfect imprint of His [Father’s] essence, and upholding and maintaining and propelling all things [the entire physical and spiritual universe] by His powerful word [carrying the universe along to its predetermined goal]. When He [Himself and no other] had [by offering Himself on the cross as a sacrifice for sin] accomplished purification from sins and established our freedom from guilt, He sat down [revealing His completed work] at the right hand of the Majesty on high [revealing His Divine authority],
(MY NOTE: Scripture proclaims, belief in Christ's sin atoning sacrifice removes ALL the believers sins & secures freedom from ALL guilt. Faith placed in Christ's sinless perpetually cleansing God blood has purified/purged/cleansed/atoned for ALL Past-Present-Future sins)

New International Version - Life Through the Spirit
Romans 8:
1 There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
(MY NOTE: Once Christ' salvation sealing, eternal life giving Holy Spirit is IN-YOU, you are FOREVER IN-CHRIST!)

2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you[a] free from the law of sin and death.
(MY NOTE: Scripture proclaims believers HAVE BEEN FREED from the law of sin and death! Therefore no sin condemnation/judgement will be levied on any believer. Jesus PAID FOR &TOOK ALL their transgressions on the Cross.)

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have never seen anything like the whole thread and all notifications disappear before.
I still haven’t received any messages about why they removed the thread. I would expect that they would deliberate on it before they decided to remove it so I’m surprised they haven’t given any reason yet.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Legal Ordinances, Old/Physical, New/Spiritual

Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
(MY NOTE: The enmity is two fold [required punishments/judgments/levied] & the recognized status/standing separating Jew & Gentile)

Christ's sin atoning payment; abolished/removed [for the believer] the legal penalties contained/levied "in the letter/law" & its ordinances. Christ became sin & died fulfilling the laws required wade/price. By paying sins required price, He removed every believers sins. And became the conduit for both Jew & Gentile to access the Father.

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and """took it out of the way"""", nailing it to his cross;

The handwriting of ordinances = Is the law: "Do this and thou shalt live", "the soul that sinneth, shall die". Sin & its judgment is the failure to do our part that "stands against us". A penalty & payment is required for the failure.

The verse states Christ's payment made on the cross: Blotted out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us [blotted out, took away the legal penalties/judgments contained/required/levied for sin & nailed to His cross! < Past Tense/DONE DEAL!

By paying sins required price/DEATH & blotting out the handwriting of ordinances. The believers burden to pay sin debt owed has been lifted/removed/PAID in full. Solely on the merit of Jesus one time sin payment. Every believer receives a full sin pardon. He took all their judgment bought & paid for every sin they owed, death included.

Additional text:
1 Cor 15:
55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(MY NOTE: Once Christ removes the believers sin. No law transgressions remain. Thank you Lord Jesus. Amen)

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
“If the first piece of dough is holy, the lump is also; and if the root is holy, the branches are too. But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭11‬:‭16‬-‭24‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

““Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits. “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’ “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7‬:‭13‬-‭27‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“If the first piece of dough is holy, the lump is also; and if the root is holy, the branches are too. But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree, do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you. You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either. Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off. And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭11‬:‭16‬-‭24‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

““Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it. “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they? So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, you will know them by their fruits. “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’ “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock. Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7‬:‭13‬-‭27‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
Thank you for your post but without any commentary these scriptures do not tell us very much. I there some particular point you wanted to make?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
THE CANCELLED DEBT CAN BE REINSTATED

“Then Peter came and said to Him, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus *said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven. “For this reason the kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who wished to settle accounts with his slaves. When he had begun to settle them, one who owed him ten thousand talents was brought to him. But since he did not have the means to repay, his Lord commanded him to be sold, along with his wife and children and all that he had, and repayment to be made. So the slave fell to the ground and prostrated himself before him, saying, ‘Have patience with me and I will repay you everything.’ And the Lord of that slave felt compassion and released him and forgave him the debt. But that slave went out and found one of his fellow slaves who owed him a hundred denarii; and he seized him and began to choke him, saying, ‘Pay back what you owe.’ So his fellow slave fell to the ground and began to plead with him, saying, ‘Have patience with me and I will repay you.’ But he was unwilling and went and threw him in prison until he should pay back what was owed. So when his fellow slaves saw what had happened, they were deeply grieved and came and reported to their Lord all that had happened. Then summoning him, his Lord *said to him, ‘You wicked slave, I forgave you all that debt because you pleaded with me. Should you not also have had mercy on your fellow slave, in the same way that I had mercy on you?’ And his Lord, moved with anger, handed him over to the torturers until he should repay all that was owed him. My heavenly Father will also do the same to you, if each of you does not forgive his brother from your heart.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭18‬:‭21‬-‭35‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your post but without any commentary these scriptures do not tell us very much. I there some particular point you wanted to make?
I think they’re self explanatory. People who have been grafted into God’s covenant can be cut off and grafted in again. I feel like this verse makes this abundantly clear.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,994.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
DOCTRINES MUST LINE UP WITH ALL SCRIPTURE OTHERWISE THEY ARE HERESIES

People often cherry pick verses and formulate their doctrines based on bits & pieces of scripture. These doctrines often end up contradicting other passages and therefore end up teaching heresies instead of truth.

Here’s an example

“We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭4‬:‭14‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Looking at this verse by itself it would appear that all men will be saved by Jesus’ atonement.

But when you compare this verse to other verses like Matthew 7:21-23 for example that doctrine falls apart.

““Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭7‬:‭21‬-‭23‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

SO BE LEARY OF ANYONE WHO REFUSES TO COMPARE THEIR DOCTRINES WITH OTHER PASSAGES OF THE SCRIPTURES BECAUSE IT USUALLY MEANS THEY CAN’T EXPLAIN HOW THEIR DOCTRINES DON’T CONTRADICT THESE PASSAGES.

“Do not quench the Spirit; do not despise prophetic utterances. But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good;”
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭5‬:‭19‬-‭21‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Eph 2 15, Col 2 13-14 Sin Remission - Salvation

Amplified Bible
Eph 2:15 by abolishing in His [own crucified] flesh the hostility caused by the Law with its commandments contained in ordinances [which He satisfied]; so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thereby establishing peace.
(MY NOTE: Jesus sin atoning death & resurrection: ABOLISHED sins condemnation/judgments administered thru ordinances commanded in the old now OBSOLETE [Heb 8:13] Mosaic law covenant)

Col 2:
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh (worldliness, manner of life), God made you alive together with Christ, having [freely] forgiven us all our sins
(MY NOTE: At conversion/salvation Christ placed His Holy Spirit in you, simultaneously, He forgave all your sins Past-Present-Future & imputed His Righteousness onto you. Whereby you are now the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Cor 5:21)

14 having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of legal demands [which were in force] against us and which were hostile to us. And this certificate He has set aside and completely removed by nailing it to the cross.
(MY NOTE: By canceling/Removing ALL your sin debt owed/administered in Mosaic law ordinances. The Mosaic laws power to collect is now mute. No sin = No debt owed. Faith in Jesus death & resurrection pays ALL your sin debt owed.)

Jn 1:17 17 For the Law was given through Moses, but grace [the unearned, undeserved favor of God] and truth came through Jesus Christ.
(MY NOTE: Grace = our undeserved/unworked for, favor/blessing from God. Is accessed through our faith placed in Christ's sin atoning death & resurrection)

Rom 2:14 (A) When Gentiles, who do not have the Law [since it was given only to Jews]
(MY NOTE: Gentiles aren't & never were under Mosaic covenant law ordinances)

Rom 6:14 For sin will no longer be a master over you, since you are not under Law [as slaves], but under [unmerited] grace [as recipients of God’s favor and mercy].
(MY NOTE: Written to believers Rom 1:7. Believer's you're NOT under Mosaic law punishment ordinances!)

Rom 4:15 For the Law results in [God’s] wrath [against sin], but where there is no law, there is no violation [of it either].
(MY NOTE: Once our Lord/God/Redeemer/Savior REMOVES our sin. We are NOT GUILTY of any law transgression)

Rom 7:6 But now we have been released from the Law and its penalty, having died [through Christ] to that by which we were held captive, so that we serve [God] in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter [of the Law].
(MY NOTE: RELEASED! From sins condemnation/judgments administered thru ordinances commanded in the old now OBSOLETE [Heb 8:13] Mosaic law covenant)

Rom 8:1 Therefore there is now no condemnation [no guilty verdict, no punishment] for those who are in Christ Jesus [who believe in Him as personal Lord and Savior].
(MY NOTE: Believers ALL you're sins have been PARDONED!)

All praise & thanks to our Lord/God & Savior Jesus the Christ! For FULFILLING heavens required law payment for sin. And ABOLISHING death & condemnation administrated in the old OBSOLETE [Heb 8:13] Mosaic law covenant.

At Calvary Jesus PAID all the believers sin debt owed. Faith placed in Jesus sin atoning death & resurrection forgives ALL our sins Past-Present-Future, redeeming us from death & separation from our heavenly Father. And giving us His promise/guarantee of eternal life in His Holy Presents. AMEN & Amen!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Justification/Salvation comes/is accessed through Faith!

Find verifiable Greek to English translators definition below/

Rom 3:28 Therefore """we conclude that a man is JUSTIFIED by FAITH without the deeds of the law""".

Rom 5:1 Therefore being JUSTIFIED by FAITH, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be JUSTIFIED by FAITH.

Rom 3:30 Seeing it is one """God, which shall JUSTIFY the circumcision by FAITH, and uncircumcision through FAITH.

Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that JUSTIFIETH the ungodly, his FAITH is counted for righteousness.

Gal 3:8 And the scripture, """foreseeing that God would JUSTIFY the heathen through FAITH""", preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Gal 2:16 Knowing that a """MAN is NOT JUSTIFIED by the works of the law""", but by the FAITH of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be JUSTIFIED by the FAITH of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words[ B-1,Verb,G1344, dikaioo ] - Justification, Justifier, Justify

PARSING VINE'S Greek word dikaioo V, G1344: Jesus sin atoning death is the complete required fulfillment of the law of God. Proved to be accepted by His resurrection. And now the Father has made Him. JSTFIER (Rom 3:26). Of ALL that seek redemption thru FAITH placed in His FINISHED sin atoning work.

Justification is a legal, formal pronouncement by God/JUDGE rendering a FULL sin pardon, NEVER to be adjudicated AGAIN. Christ received sins judgment, paying the sentence for the crime/SIN.

PAY ATTENTION HERE! In Romans 3:24 (cited in the OP) Being justified is in the """present continuous tense""" """indicating the constant process of justification"""! Of those who believe & have been/are (right now) JUSTIFIED!

In Romans 5:1, being justified, """is in the aorist, or point, tense, indicating the definite time at which each person, upon the exercise of faith, was <DONE DEAL/FINISHED TRANSACTION> justified!

In Romans 8:1, Justification, ""is presented as NO condemnation/judgment due." That "justification" is in view here is confirmed by the preceding chapters and by verse Romans 3:34. In Romans 3:26, the word rendered JUSTIFIER """is the PRESENT PARTICIPLE of the verb""". DONE DEAL/FINISHED TRANSACTION!
Vine's was published in 1940, it is outdated. Ergo some errors. There has been a ton of scholarship since then. You should used a more up to date reference. E.g. Dan Wallace's "Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics." Which I happen to have. And please don't give me some nonsensical "Vine's was dictated by God and Moses carried it down from My Sinai." Vine's did the best he could with what he had available but now there are digital databases with previously unavailable manuscripts. Look up TLG Irvine Cal.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Matt 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
(MY NOTE: John the baptist made it clear. Christ would baptise with the Holy Spirit)

1 Cor 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
(MY NOTE: For by ONE SPIRIT are ALL BAPTIZED into ONE BODY! Translators capitalized Spirit to identify when referring the Holy Spirit. Only Christ can baptize with the salvation sealing indwelling Holy Spirit.)

Col 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision """made without hands""", in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
(MY NOTE: The baptism of Christ' SALVAION SEALING (2 Cor 1:22, 5:5, Eph 4:4) ETERNAL LIFE GIVING Holy Spirit. Is a spiritual circumcision' covenant. Done by Christ's alone, WITHOUT HANDS & without water.)

Deut 30:6 (A) the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart

1 Cor 15:45And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
(MY NOTE: Jesus is the QUICKENER/ETERNAL LIFE GIVING SPIRIT)

KJV Dictionary Definition: QUICKEN

1. Primarily, to make alive; to vivify; to revive or resuscitate, as from death or an inanimate state. Rom. 4.

2. To make alive in a spiritual sense; to communicate a principle of grace to.

You hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins. Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eph 2 15, Col 2 13-14 Sin Remission - Salvation

Amplified Bible
Eph 2:15 by abolishing in His [own crucified] flesh the hostility caused by the Law with its commandments contained in ordinances [which He satisfied]; so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, thereby establishing peace.
(MY NOTE: Jesus sin atoning death & resurrection: ABOLISHED sins condemnation/judgments administered thru ordinances commanded in the old now OBSOLETE [Heb 8:13] Mosaic law covenant)

Col 2:
13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh (worldliness, manner of life), God made you alive together with Christ, having [freely] forgiven us all our sins
(MY NOTE: At conversion/salvation Christ placed His Holy Spirit in you, simultaneously, He forgave all your sins Past-Present-Future & imputed His Righteousness onto you. Whereby you are now the righteousness of God in Christ (2 Cor 5:21)

14 having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of legal demands [which were in force] against us and which were hostile to us. And this certificate He has set aside and completely removed by nailing it to the cross.
(MY NOTE: By canceling/Removing ALL your sin debt owed/administered in Mosaic law ordinances. The Mosaic laws power to collect is now mute. No sin = No debt owed. Faith in Jesus death & resurrection pays ALL your sin debt owed.)

Jn 1:17 17 For the Law was given through Moses, but grace [the unearned, undeserved favor of God] and truth came through Jesus Christ.
(MY NOTE: Grace = our undeserved/unworked for, favor/blessing from God. Is accessed through our faith placed in Christ's sin atoning death & resurrection)

Rom 2:14 (A) When Gentiles, who do not have the Law [since it was given only to Jews]
(MY NOTE: Gentiles aren't & never were under Mosaic covenant law ordinances)

Rom 6:14 For sin will no longer be a master over you, since you are not under Law [as slaves], but under [unmerited] grace [as recipients of God’s favor and mercy].
(MY NOTE: Written to believers Rom 1:7. Believer's you're NOT under Mosaic law punishment ordinances!)

Rom 4:15 For the Law results in [God’s] wrath [against sin], but where there is no law, there is no violation [of it either].
(MY NOTE: Once our Lord/God/Redeemer/Savior REMOVES our sin. We are NOT GUILTY of any law transgression)

Rom 7:6 But now we have been released from the Law and its penalty, having died [through Christ] to that by which we were held captive, so that we serve [God] in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter [of the Law].
(MY NOTE: RELEASED! From sins condemnation/judgments administered thru ordinances commanded in the old now OBSOLETE [Heb 8:13] Mosaic law covenant)

Rom 8:1 Therefore there is now no condemnation [no guilty verdict, no punishment] for those who are in Christ Jesus [who believe in Him as personal Lord and Savior].
(MY NOTE: Believers ALL you're sins have been PARDONED!)

All praise & thanks to our Lord/God & Savior Jesus the Christ! For FULFILLING heavens required law payment for sin. And ABOLISHING death & condemnation administrated in the old OBSOLETE [Heb 8:13] Mosaic law covenant.

At Calvary Jesus PAID all the believers sin debt owed. Faith placed in Jesus sin atoning death & resurrection forgives ALL our sins Past-Present-Future, redeeming us from death & separation from our heavenly Father. And giving us His promise/guarantee of eternal life in His Holy Presents. AMEN & Amen!!
But!
Hebrews 10:25-31
(25) Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
There must be some danger if we ignore this otherwise there would be no warning.
(26) For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Real, NOT "make believe" Christians.
(27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
More warnings for the real Christians who have done vs. 26. Not a slap on the wrist but "fiery indignation" and being "devoured!"
(28) He [Torah observant Jews] that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
(29) Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Real, not "make believe", Christians who were sanctified by the blood of the "new" covenant" and figuratively walked all over the Son of God.
(30) For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.​
The Lord shall Judge "His people," He has already judged the sinners back there at the white throne judgement.

(31) It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Still talking about the real Christians who "have received the knowledge of the truth" vs. 26. And were "sanctified by the blood of the [new] covenant" vs. 29.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think they’re self explanatory. People who have been grafted into God’s covenant can be cut off and grafted in again. I feel like this verse makes this abundantly clear.
Then you should say that after the vss. You are correct "People who have been grafted into God’s covenant can be cut off" and they can also remain cut-off. See Heb 10:25-31.

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus Propitiation fulfilled the law's required price/wage for sin.

This sin payment is accessed by FAITH (Rom 5:1-2. Eph 2:8) No self-works need or ALLOWED! (Eph 2:9)

KJV Dictionary Definition: PROPITIATION,
2. In theology, the atonement or atoning sacrifice offered to God to assuage his wrath and render him propitious to sinners. Christ is the propitiation for the sins of men. Rom.3. 1 John 2.

Rom 3:25 whom God displayed publicly [before the eyes of the world] as a [life-giving] sacrifice of atonement and reconciliation (propitiation) by His blood [to be received] through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness [which demands punishment for sin], because in His forbearance [His deliberate restraint] He passed over the sins previously committed.

1 Jn 2:2 And He [that same Jesus] is the propitiation for our sins [the atoning sacrifice that holds back the wrath of God that would otherwise be directed at us because of our sinful nature—our worldliness, our lifestyle]; and not for ours alone, but also for [the sins of all believers throughout] the whole world.

1 Jn 4:10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation [that is, the atoning sacrifice, and the satisfying offering] for our sins [fulfilling God’s requirement for justice against sin and placating His wrath].

Heavens requirement to purge/remove sin is blood:

Lev 17:11 For the life of the flesh is in the blood, and I have given it to you on the altar to make atonement for your souls; for it is the blood that makes atonement, by reason of the life [which it represents]
(MY NOTE: This verse is referring to OT Levitical law animal sacrifice atonement, innocent blood covering for the sins of the guilty.)

Heb 9:22 In fact under the Law almost everything is cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness [neither release from sin and its guilt, nor cancellation of the merited punishment].
(MY NOTE: This verse refers to Christ's NT once for all time Past-Present-Future sin atoning sacrifice that forever removes sins of the guilty)

Jesus sinless God blood (1 Tim 3:16), eternally (Heb 13:20) "FULFILLED" heavens required sin payment/DEATH. Right here Jesus mission is completed He Finished the work (Jn 19:28) He was sent to accomplish (Lk 19:10). He FILFILLED the laws sin payment requirement!

The only way to remove sin's stain from a soul. Is faith placed in Jesus finished/Law Fulfilling sin atoning/propitiatory sacrifice.

Faith in Christ's death (sins required - Rom 6:23 - wage/PAID), burial (proof Jesus died) & resurrection (Father God's receipt, sins required payment received & accepted). FAITH will lead to obedience, good works, good behavior, repentance etc. (Rom 1:6, 2:4, 6:14, 16:26)

Last edited:
Upvote 0