Judgement Day coming May 21 2011?

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
That, and they'll come up with some lame excuse why they got it wrong the first couple of times around... instead of owning up to their mistake.

I wouldn't call it a mistake at that point. Deception is the word that would come to my mind and not on their part but rather the part of Satan. Any of us can fall prey to these deceptions of Satan. We need to be on our guard, praying for each other to be strong in the Holy Spirit and discernment.

Upvote 0
Feb 24, 2011
✟7,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
I wouldn't call it a mistake at that point. Deception is the word that would come to my mind and not on their part but rather the part of Satan. Any of us can fall prey to these deceptions of Satan. We need to be on our guard, praying for each other to be strong in the Holy Spirit and discernment.

Amen to that sister, I am praying for all of us to be vigilant and wary.

God Bless:prayer:

Upvote 0

Parables

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
idk about this, I'm kinda scared. But if we trust and know God, we should be alright..., right?

I'm new in my faith, so I'm nervous. What can I do to prepare?

Don't trust any man: including me, pastors, family, friends, or people on this website. Trust only in the Word of God - cry out for mercy, knowing that it of itself won't get you saved - the works of salvation are all in God's hand.

Romans 10:17
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Upvote 0

Snoofles

red toed doe
Feb 7, 2005
✟10,970.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
2 Peter 3:3-4

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

These 'scoffers' are 'Christians'. Noah, Lot, Pharaoh, and Nineveh knew the exact timing of judgment. So do we.

there's no way for any one of us to know the timing of it. God tells us this in the Bible, that only the Father knows the time of the end. He tells us to be ready.

He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority." Acts 1:7

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Mark 13:32

Matthew 24:36-44

36“No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,f but only the Father.</SPAN> 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.</SPAN> 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark;</SPAN> 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.</SPAN> 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.</SPAN> 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.</SPAN>
42“Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.</SPAN> 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into.</SPAN> 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.</SPAN>

Upvote 0

Parables

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"there's no way for any one of us to know the timing of it. God tells us this in the Bible, that only the Father knows the time of the end. He tells us to be ready.

He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority." Acts 1:7

It's interesting you quoted Acts 1:7. Did you read the very next verse?

Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Matthew 24:36 and Mark 13:32 are understood. No one knows the day and hour. However, it is God who gives us understanding. We can not come to this conclusion on our own, it is only because of God giving us understanding that we may know.

Upvote 0

new_wine

Citizen
Dec 30, 2010
✟16,339.00
Faith
Christian
How does it profit a man to know the day and hour?

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Matthew 24:36 and Mark 13:32 are understood. No one knows the day and hour. However, it is God who gives us understanding. We can not come to this conclusion on our own, it is only because of God giving us understanding that we may know.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

How in the world do you conclude that Acts 1:8 is somehow indicating that we'll know when Judgment Day is? Paul is saying "Don't sit on your hands trying to guess at when Christ is to return but be proactive in your faith and get out there, there's good news to spread!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
idk about this, I'm kinda scared. But if we trust and know God, we should be alright..., right?

I'm new in my faith, so I'm nervous. What can I do to prepare?

Consider Proverbs Chapter 3.

It has been said here in this thread that you should not trust anyone but only the word of God. To a certain extent this is correct but one thing was left out..."lean not on your own understanding." The word of God will never fail you but when you read it, you must always ask God to provide you with His clarity and perspective via the Holy Spirit through whom Jesus speaks to us that your path will always be straight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Parables

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First, Do you have any doubt that it will happen on May 21?

I don't have any doubts that this will happen. I understand everyone's concern, there has been many predictions in the past that obviously have not come true. Even I was skeptic about May 21st, 2011 being the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. However, it is derived from the Bible and is in complete harmony. It is a different way of interpreting Scripture than most men agree on. To me it always seemed (even before I believed in May 21st) that churches and pastors never had a full grasp on eschatology. There's so many different theories out there on what the Bible has to say about the end times. We have to trust in God's Word in what it says and pray that He gives us understanding. So, I encourage everyone here to read the Bible and see what it says about May 21st.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't have any doubts that this will happen. I understand everyone's concern, there has been many predictions in the past that obviously have not come true. Even I was skeptic about May 21st, 2011 being the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. However, it is derived from the Bible and is in complete harmony. It is a different way of interpreting Scripture than most men agree on. To me it always seemed (even before I believed in May 21st) that churches and pastors never had a full grasp on eschatology. There's so many different theories out there on what the Bible has to say about the end times. We have to trust in God's Word in what it says and pray that He gives us understanding. So, I encourage everyone here to read the Bible and see what it says about May 21st.

Is that a Yes :confused:

Upvote 0