Judgement Day coming May 21 2011?

SCPro

Mar 21, 2011
✟15,115.00
Faith
Seeker
Hello!

Brand new to the forums - and would like your opinion on something if I may...

I've seen billboards, and have found some information online claiming that May 21 of this year, 2011, will be Judgement Day. That's when Jesus is suppose to come back to Earth and save the true followers. This blog that I found talks about how the disasters and such that we are seeing are warning signs to those who don't know how soon He will return.

What do YOU think of this blog? JudgementDay2011.com

Thank you for having me on your forum, and I look forward to hearing what you think!

JudgementDay2011.com :confused:

FriendlyJosh

Jan 12, 2011
✟11,056.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A lot are based off the myan calender which I believe mysteriously ends at 2012, volcano's in california that are long overdue, a imaginary planet that's suppose to crash into us(which NASA debunked) and some other things. The truth is Jesus says very clearly only his father knows when the end is coming, and anyone who thinks otherwise are calling his father a liar. In 2013 Nasa claims there's a very real threat of a solar flare coming from the sun and hitting us. If it does it could knock out all power, and the damage could take up to 10 years to fix, however congress already has voted unanimously infavor of spending the money to protect our power grides from such things. I trust in God and am not going to worry about it, because he never lies, he is our Lord, and he gives us life, without him we're nothing anyways, have a good day friend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Joy Fisher

Mar 19, 2011
✟15,145.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see a lot of the end time prophesies that haven't been fulfilled yet (the temple rebuilt, the antichrist rising up, etc.) so I don't believe judgement day is here yet. But judgement day could come any day for any of us, so to speak...we don't know how long we will live on this earth. So better be ready anyway!

Upvote 0

new_wine

Citizen
Dec 30, 2010
✟16,339.00
Faith
Christian
And when May 21st passed it will get re-scheduled for June 7th and then July 12th, September 1st, etc.

People have been guessing for over a thousand years.

They will be right eventually. But only from the law of averages.

Hello!

Brand new to the forums - and would like your opinion on something if I may...

I've seen billboards, and have found some information online claiming that May 21 of this year, 2011, will be Judgement Day. That's when Jesus is suppose to come back to Earth and save the true followers. This blog that I found talks about how the disasters and such that we are seeing are warning signs to those who don't know how soon He will return.

What do YOU think of this blog? JudgementDay2011.com

Thank you for having me on your forum, and I look forward to hearing what you think!

JudgementDay2011.com :confused:

Reactions: Rosalila
Upvote 0

Parables

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah if Jesus doesn't know when it will happen I'm sure we cannot predict it either.

Mark 13:32
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

This cannot mean Jesus - the translators capitalized this out of error.

How we can know this statement to be true:

Revelation 1:8

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Jesus = the Almighty

Job 24:1
Why, seeing times are not hidden from the Almighty, do they that know him not see his days?

Upvote 0

Parables

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you're interested in finding out how May 21st, 2011 is Judgment Day, there's a Bible study site: The-Latter-Rain . com

It covers a lot of Scripture - including the genealogies of Genesis 5 and 10, 1&2 Kings, 1&2 Chronicles, etc. Everything from Salvation to Eschatology, it's there. The most important lesson is to read your Bible. It is the final authority.

Upvote 0

Parables

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
2 Peter 3:3-4

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

These 'scoffers' are 'Christians'. Noah, Lot, Pharaoh, and Nineveh knew the exact timing of judgment. So do we.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Parables

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I very much doubt the it will be this may. But... you personally could be taken tonight so we ought to live as though Jesus will return tomorrow.
As others have said, there are still things in the scriptures to be fulfilled before "that day".

What do you think needs to be fulfilled?

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
...we ought to live as though Jesus will return tomorrow.
We ought to live as though Jesus is returning this very moment. But won't it be wonderful when He does? No more pain. No more tears. No more death. I can see my Mom & Dad again and all my pets. What a glorious, wonderful thing it will be to get a hug from Jesus...just to have Him touch my hand, just to see Him smile. No more tears. No more tears.

Reactions: D'Ann
Upvote 0

scotslad83

Mar 15, 2011
Scotland
✟15,361.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...we ought to live as though Jesus will return tomorrow.
We ought to live as though Jesus is returning this very moment. But won't it be wonderful when He does? No more pain. No more tears. No more death. I can see my Mom & Dad again and all my pets. What a glorious, wonderful thing it will be to get a hug from Jesus...just to have Him touch my hand, just to see Him smile. No more tears. No more tears.

Indeed, life down here is not something I've enjoyed much for a long time so that will certainly be a welcome day.

Parables, many things but for the a start the various prophecies regarding the anti-christ and the organisation (many would say one world government) which he will head up.

Upvote 0

Jerushabelle

Oct 6, 2010
✟6,072.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Parables

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Indeed, life down here is not something I've enjoyed much for a long time so that will certainly be a welcome day.

Parables, many things but for the a start the various prophecies regarding the anti-christ and the organisation (many would say one world government) which he will head up.

I understand where you're coming from. It all boils down to how you interpret the Bible. It seems to me, correct me if I'm wrong, you understand it in the lens of a Dispensationalist. Correct?

1 Corinthians 2:13
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Compare the spiritual with spiritual, while no private interpretations. We must use the Bible to define the Bible, not with definitions of our own.

Upvote 0

scotslad83

Mar 15, 2011
Scotland
✟15,361.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I understand where you're coming from. It all boils down to how you interpret the Bible. It seems to me, correct me if I'm wrong, you understand it in the lens of a Dispensationalist. Correct?

1 Corinthians 2:13
Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

2 Peter 1:20
Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Compare the spiritual with spiritual, while no private interpretations. We must use the Bible to define the Bible, not with definitions of our own.

eh I don't actually know the theological term for how I think on these matters so can't say if I'm taking a dispensationalist or not! lol

so if one takes the approach of only interpretting the scripture through other scripture what does one make of books like Daniel or Revelation? I'm asking as a question, not having a dig! lol

Upvote 0

scotslad83

Mar 15, 2011
Scotland
✟15,361.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Parables

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
eh I don't actually know the theological term for how I think on these matters so can't say if I'm taking a dispensationalist or not! lol

so if one takes the approach of only interpretting the scripture through other scripture what does one make of books like Daniel or Revelation? I'm asking as a question, not having a dig! lol

They are to be understood as allegories, given the correct context. Opposite of the Left Behind books and movies. In fact, most of the Bible is in parables. That's not to say there wasn't certain events that actually happened.

For example, Noah's Flood. There was a literal ark and flood, but these events and things can be understood spiritually: The Ark is typified as Christ and the Flood is the Judgment of God. Believers are inside the Ark (Christ) while the Flood destroyed the world (Judgment). Also, vines, fig trees, Sun, Stars, Rock, and even numbers equate to a spiritual meaning. The Bible will define what these meanings are, so we don't have to guess (private interpretations).

Upvote 0