Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
In the case of my point it is "what is the teaching of Christ" when asked "what commandments".

True

They are His commandments. And the main one is to believe on Him. The second would follow after that once you have been given the Holy Spirit, by Him. The fruit of the Spirit accomplishes keeping anything else not pleasing to God.

BEFORE, with the Ten Commandments, it was for conviction of SIN.

NOW, Jesus KILLED SIN by killing the desire to sin by giving you His own sinless Spirit. Thus if you walk in the Spirit you are not under the old laws. Why? Because you wouldn't be breaking them anyway.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Man's word:

God's Word
John 12:49 49 For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

Matthew 19 - Jesus is asked "Which ones"
And the list He gives is very close to the same one Paul gives in Romans 13 -- for man's duty to man - as stated in "His Commandments"

if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 Then he *said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said,
You shall not commit murder; Ex 20
You shall not commit adultery; Ex 20
You shall not steal; Ex 20
You shall not bear false witness; Ex 20
19 Honor your father and mother; Ex 20
and You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Lev 19:18

True... he ALSO quoted and You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Lev 19:18 in Matt 19:19

As we "just saw"

But He did NOT quote "do not take the Lord's name in vain" Ex 20:7 nor "Love God with all your heart" Deut 6:5 in that Matthew 19 list (which of course is the "greatest commandment" according to Christ). So then nothing from the "first four" commandments dealing with our duty to God. Just the ones for our duty toward our neighbor.

Nope - the "elephant" in your living room is that you selectively omitted ... this obvious point

He did NOT quote "do not take the Lord's name in vain" Ex 20:7 nor "Love God with all your heart" Deut 6:5 in that Matthew 19 list (which of course is the "greatest commandment" according to Christ). So then nothing from the "first four" commandments dealing with our duty to God. Just the ones for our duty toward our neighbor.

Not because our duty toward God is deleted -- obviously.

Turns out.. the Bible is not propaganda and was not written by SDAs and "Bible details matter"... still

The old commandments that were listed all had to do with other people. Jesus was emphasizing that they were the second half of the 1st and 2nd of the great commandments. "Love God with all your strength, mind and spirit, and love your neighbor as yourself." Those two are eternal.

Then regarding the first eternal law of God, Jesus said to him, "FOLLOW ME."

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. Hebrews 8:11

It is the Spirit that brings life, the Law of the flesh is of no help. John 16:17-28

And what we see is you, a man, not correctly understanding the law, the Spirit, or the word of God.

No that is not what you see -- it is what creative writing leads you to imagine to yourself. To see me do something right or wrong you have to point to an actual fact.

The problem you're having is under the New Covenant those who are taught by the Spirit understand the voice of Our Shepherd. And we don't follow others

Then why so much opposition each time I point to the teaching of our Shepherd -- Jesus Christ?

Christ "our shepherd" says this --
Mark 7
7 ‘But in vain do they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.’
8 Neglecting the commandment of God, you hold to the tradition of men.”
9 He was also saying to them, “You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition. 10 For Moses said,
Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who speaks evil of father or mother, is to be put to death’;
11 but you say, ‘If a man says to his father or his mother, whatever I have that would help you is Corban (that is to say, given to God),’ 12 you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or his mother; 13 thus invalidating the Word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that.”

In that example "Commandment of God" = "Moses Said" = "Word of God"

God's Word
John 12:49 49 For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak.

And the list He gives is very close to the same one Paul gives in Romans 13 -- for man's duty to man - as stated in "His Commandments"

if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.” 18 Then he *said to Him, “Which ones?” And Jesus said,

But He did NOT quote "do not take the Lord's name in vain" Ex 20:7 nor "Love God with all your heart" Deut 6:5 in that Matthew 19 list (which of course is the "greatest commandment" according to Christ). So then nothing from the "first four" commandments dealing with our duty to God. Just the ones for our duty toward our neighbor.

He did NOT quote "do not take the Lord's name in vain" Ex 20:7 nor "Love God with all your heart" Deut 6:5 in that Matthew 19 list (which of course is the "greatest commandment" according to Christ). So then nothing from the "first four" commandments dealing with our duty to God. Just the ones for our duty toward our neighbor.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
How interesting that 1 Corinthians 5 and 6, 1 Cor 7:19, Romans 8:4-10 ... still "exist" in that context.

Right. If you don't have the Holy Spirit, you are not dead to sin, and this man was committing one that not even the Gentiles permitted. They excommunicated him so that he would be shamed into repenting, so as to receive the Holy Spirit.

It is all about receiving the Holy Spirit, so as to follow Jesus.

• Winner
Reactions: Shimshon
Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Then why so much opposition each time I point to the teaching of our Shepherd -- Jesus Christ?
Simple, because you use his words against themselves and thus oppose the very message Jesus gave. The message was not follow the commandments given Moses. Jesus did not equate his message, his bread, his food, with that of Moses. But you do. Your opposition is created by your pointing to the Words Jesus gave and teaching very falsely that his words are leading all back to Moses.

John 6
29Jesus answered them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.” 30So they said to him, “Then what sign do you do, that we may see and believe you? What work do you perform? 31Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written, ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’” 32Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven. 33For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” 34They said to him, “Sir, give us this bread always.”

35Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. 36But I said to you that you have seen me and yet do not believe. 37All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. 38For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me.

39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. 40For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
In John 6:29-40 Messiah Yeshua testified and witnessed that the work of God is to believe in his words, in the Messiah’s Torah (instructions). So they rightly ask, what about Moses?? Does what Yeshua do and say equal what Moses said and did? And Yeshua said his Torah was ‘the true’ Torah to be eaten and drank.

If the Torah of Yeshua equates to the same instructions as the Torah given Moses, why did Yeshua contrast them here instead of coorelate them? If the Spirit in Yeshua was teaching all to ‘follow him’ into the true observance of the Torah given Moses, why did he contrast his food with the food given Moses?

This is the work of God, that you believe in him who he has sent. Moses did NOT give the bread from heaven, but Yeshua IS given this bread. The bread given Moses does not bring life, it was not the true bread. The bread Yeshua gives is ‘true’ and brings life.

If we are going to be honest with the text here we have to admit that Messiah Yeshua is contrasting that which was given Moses with what he is bring to the world.

Messiah Yeshua testified and witnessed that he himself came down from heaven to do the will of God. Which was and is to look upon and believe in Messiah Yeshua for the forgiveness of our sins and the redemption of our souls.

Messiah Yeshua testified and witnessed that the will of the father is for everyone to look on the Son and believe in him. All who do will be forgiven and redeemed, forever.

And he contrasted this ‘food from heaven’ with the food given Moses. He did not correlate them.

Yeshua offered eternal life to all who believe in him. The Jews said in essence “correlate your words with Moses”. But Yeshua magnified and glorified himself over that which was given Moses instead of correlating his teaching.

And then Yeshua elaborates even further….

John 6

43Jesus answered them, “Do not grumble among yourselves.44No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.45It is written in the Prophets, ‘And they will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me—46not that anyone has seen the Father except he who is from God; he has seen the Father.47Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life.

48I am the bread of life.49Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died.50This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die.51I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh.”

53So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.54Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.55For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.56Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.57As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so whoever feeds on me, he also will live because of me.

58This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread the fathers ate, and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”
The Father draws all to the Messiah. Because it is Yeshua that gives life. Nowhere here do we find even the notion that Messiah’s Torah is to be returning us to the Torah given Moses.

This last statement here (V.58) is the real kicker. We know that the bread of life are the actions and words of Yeshua. Likewise, the bread our fathers ate is not merely manna, but the actions and words accomplished through Moses. When Yeshua offered the crowds bread that never rots and brings life eternal they wanted to correlate this teaching with that given in the Tanakh. But instead Yeshua contrasted his Torah with the Torah of the fathers.

The bread that comes down from heaven and gives eternal life to the world ‘is NOT’ like the bread the fathers ate, because they died.

Whoever feeds on the Torah of Messiah will live forever. Whoever feeds solely on the bread the fathers ate, die. Because the Torah of Moses does not contain in it the way to eternal life, but pointed to ‘the Way’. It points to the way, Messiah Yeshua, who comes and gives us what we were lacking. Namely life through grace by faith in Yeshua’s Torah and the indwelling of the Spirit to lead us into all things, forever.

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.​

Even John understood and taught this truth.

John 3

25 A discussion arose between some of Yochanan’s talmidim and a Judean about ceremonial washing; 26 and they came to Yochanan and said to him, “Rabbi, you know the man who was with you on the other side of the Yarden, the one you spoke about? Well, here he is, immersing; and everyone is going to him!”

27 Yochanan answered, “No one can receive anything unless it has been given to him from Heaven. 28 You yourselves can confirm that I did not say I was the Messiah, but that I have been sent ahead of him.

29 The bridegroom is the one who has the bride; but the bridegroom’s friend, who stands and listens to him, is overjoyed at the sound of the bridegroom’s voice. So this joy of mine is now complete.

30 He must become more important, while I become less important.

31 “He who comes from above is above all. He who is from the earth is from the earth and talks from an earthly point of view; he who comes from heaven is above all.

32 He testifies about what he has actually seen and heard, yet no one accepts what he says!
33 Whoever does accept what he says puts his seal on the fact that God is true, 34 because the one whom God sent speaks God’s words. For God does not give him the Spirit in limited degree — 35 the Father loves the Son and has put everything in his hands.

36 Whoever trusts in the Son has eternal life. But whoever disobeys the Son will not see that life but remains subject to God’s wrath.”
He who comes from above is above all. Yeshua is the ‘true’ food we are to eat. His words, following his actions. These are above the words and actions given as from the earth (Moses). Yeshua speaks about what he has actually seen and heard, from above! Which is why nobody from earth accepts what he says. Because he is not merely correlating his testimony with what was given Moses, he is above. He has completed the work and will of God. He has testified to all he actually seen and heard, from above.

Messiah Yeshua testified and witnessed that God is teaching everyone to come to Yeshua for eternal life. The bread we eat is not like the bread our fathers ate. What came down from heaven for them sustained them for a time, but still allowed them to die. What comes down from heaven for us now, if eaten will sustain us forever. Many seem to want to suppose that Yeshua was leading all back to the fathers bread, as if he is testifying and witnessing the Torah of Moses. But it’s the other way around, Yeshua is testified and witnessed by the Torah given Moses. Messiah does not compare his food (Torah) with Moses’ as ‘the true’ food if the bread the fathers ate was to be fed to us for life.

My words…..the true food…..not like the food Moses fed…..

Bob, you may point to the words of Jesus but you do not hold his message, as stated above. Your teaching is like one who quotes Exodus 8:19, Exodus 31:18, Deuteronomy 9:10, and Luke 11:20 trying to imply that God has a physical body. And, every time you oppose this 'truth' your opposition is with God's Word. God has a finger. This is the type of foundation you have with your message that Jesus leads people back to Moses. All you have are out of context quotes. Your own message is in opposition to the words of Jesus. A man, misusing and misunderstanding the Law, and the testimony of Messiah. As proved by Jesus very words. You can NOT prove your teaching with the FULL context of Jesus words (commands). You must continually take sections of scripture and use them out of context to prove your false points.

Some of Yeshua's points from above:

32Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven. 33For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

58This is the bread that came down from heaven, not like the bread the fathers ate, and died. Whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

Now Bob, why are you not leading people to the bread from heaven? Why would you point people to a bread that if eaten will NEVER bring us life? Please don't use the Holy Commands of God against his children by pointing them to laws that deal with sins and death when Jesus has released us from those things through his sacrifice and subsequent giving of the very Spirit of God to dwell with us forever. THAT is true bread to feed on. Bob, point them to life, not death and sins. THAT is what Jesus did. Why aren't you doing the same?

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The problem you're having is under the New Covenant those who are taught by the Spirit understand the voice of Our Shepherd. And we don't follow others

Mark 7
9 He was also saying to them, “You are experts at setting aside the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition. 10 For Moses said,
Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who speaks evil of father or mother, is to be put to death’;
11 but you say, ‘If a man says to his father or his mother, whatever I have that would help you is Corban (that is to say, given to God),’ 12 you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or his mother; 13 thus invalidating the Word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many things such as that.”

God's Word

Simple, because you use his words against themselves and thus oppose the very message Jesus gave.

That false accusation is "easy enough to make" -- but your proof is lacking.

Your claims are shot through with holes. Here is one incredibly simple example obvious to all.

Mark 7

11 but you say, ‘If a man says to his father or his mother, whatever I have that would help you is Corban (that is to say, given to God),’ 12 you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or his mother; 13 thus invalidating the Word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many thinLugs such as that.”

followed by this direct contradiction --

The message was not follow the commandments given Moses.

A direct contradiction of the text just quoted.

Another incredibly simple example.

Luke 16 : 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’

Another super simple example - obvious to all

Matthew 19 -- Jesus our Shepherd teaching:

Another real simple example - easy for all to see

Mathew 22
35 One of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And He said to him,
“‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ (Deut 6:5)
38 This is the great and foremost commandment.

39 The second is like it,
You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ Leviticus 19:18
40 On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.

Acts 24:14 But this I admit to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect I do serve the God of our fathers, believing everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets;

Another super simple example -- easy for all to see
Ephesians 6:2 " Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise),"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your opposition is created by your pointing to the Words Jesus gave and teaching very falsely that his words are leading all back to Moses.

John 6
30So they said to him, “Then what sign do you do, that we may see and believe you? What work do you perform? 31Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written, ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’” 32Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven. .​

Classic "bait-and-switch" -- that text does not say anything about "ignoring scripture" or "ignore whatever Moses wrote" - rather it says that the unbelieving Jews asked for a sign. They claimed "HE gave them manna" - referring primarily to Moses.

Jesus our Shepherd said that the manna actually came from God... JUST as we are told that all that Moses wrote - CAME FROM GOD - according to 2 Timothy 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:20-21.

There is no such thing as "this message comes from God - so ignore it since HE gave it to me - to give to you". And we all know it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Classic "bait-and-switch" -- that text does not say anything about "ignoring scripture" or "ignore whatever Moses wrote" - rather it says that the unbelieving Jews asked for a sign. They claimed "HE gave them manna" - referring primarily to Moses.

Jesus our Shepherd said that the manna actually came from God... JUST as we are told that all that Moses wrote - CAME FROM GOD - according to 2 Timothy 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:20-21.

There is no such thing as "this message comes from God - so ignore it since HE gave it to me - to give to you". And we all know it!

I see you are not going to answer mine. I'm curious if you even understand what I'm saying to you.

How are we dead to sin? What does Paul mean by that?

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your opposition is created by your pointing to the Words Jesus gave and teaching very falsely that his words are leading all back to Moses.

John 6
30So they said to him, “Then what sign do you do, that we may see and believe you? What work do you perform? 31Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written, ‘He gave them bread from heaven to eat.’” 32Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven. .​

I see you are not going to answer mine. I'm curious if you even understand what I'm saying to you.

So then - Romans 6 talks about not sinning since we are born again. But Romans 6 is talking about "real life" ... not imagination.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

So then - Romans 6 talks about not sinning since we are born again. But Romans 6 is talking about "real life" ... not imagination.

What does 1 John 3:9 mean. And how is it possible.

Upvote 0

Shimshon

Oct 5, 2004
Zion
✟107,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

There you go again, using selective cut and paste to twist the context and message.

32Jesus then said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but my Father gives you the true bread from heaven. 33For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”

Do you know why Jesus said 'it was not Moses who gave you bread from heaven'? Not because God gave them 'the true bread' as if through Moses. One only has to leave the verses 'in context' without ripping them apart to prove your false point. The very next verse explains why 'it was not Moses who gave ISRAEL bread from heaven'.

Because, the bread of God is he (Jesus) who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. And when the reader lets the context read out in this chapter verse 58 is even more telling.

What is the bread that came down from heaven that was NOT LIKE the bread the fathers of Israel ate? Jesus, and his words. Whoever feeds on 'this bread' will live forever. NOT LIKE the bread God gave through Moses. That when eaten still leaves the hearer, or doer, dead in their sins.

What is the true bread come down from heaven that brings life to all who hear and obey?

Your issue is the very words of Jesus prove your message false. It was NOT the bread given by God through Moses. The Spirit gives life, the flesh is of no help. Again, words of Jesus as found in the bible. He defined himself as the TRUE bread as opposed to the bread given Israel in the wilderness, namely the Law.

Who needs the schoolmaster to watch over you when you have graduated school all together?

John 3
3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

1 Peter 1
23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

2 Corinthians
3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Hebrews 9
14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!
Look at that, Jesus, Peter, Paul and the writer of Hebrews all agree as one.

You can't see the kingdom unless the Spirit of God lives within you. The manna, the Torah given in the wilderness does not allow you to actually see the kingdom of God, it only allows you to see the pattern of it. Which you claim is the way into the kingdom.

We are not born of flesh but of Spirit. A Living Spirit that lives within us. Not leading us back into the pattern and shadows of sin and death, but into a real-time relationship with God through the Spirit.

We are the letter being testified to, because the Spirit in us is producing a life in union with Messiah, and God. Through our hearts not through the Law.

Our service to God is produced by the Spirit dwelling inside of us. Leading us into all Truth. There is no Law against this. In fact all the law pointed to this relationship with Messiah.

Now Bob, why are you not leading people to the bread from heaven? Why would you point people to a bread that if eaten will NEVER bring us life? Please don't use the Holy Commands of God against his children by pointing them to laws that deal with sins and death when Jesus has released us from those things through his sacrifice and subsequent giving of the very Spirit of God to dwell with us forever. THAT is true bread to feed on. Bob, point them to life, not death and sins. THAT is what Jesus did. Why aren't you doing the same?

• Informative
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
John 3
3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

1 Peter 1
23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.

2 Corinthians
3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Hebrews 9
14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God!
Look at that, Jesus, Peter, Paul and the writer of Hebrews all agree as one.

There you go again, using selective cut and paste to twist the context and message.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Mark 7

God's Word

Simple, because you use his words against themselves and thus oppose the very message Jesus gave.

That false accusation is "easy enough to make" -- but your proof is lacking.

Your claims are shot through with holes. Here is one incredibly simple example obvious to all.

Mark 7

11 but you say, ‘If a man says to his father or his mother, whatever I have that would help you is Corban (that is to say, given to God),’ 12 you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or his mother; 13 thus invalidating the Word of God by your tradition which you have handed down; and you do many thinLugs such as that.”

A direct contradiction of the text just quoted.

Another incredibly simple example.

Luke 16 : 31 But he said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.’

Another super simple example - obvious to all

Matthew 19 -- Jesus our Shepherd teaching:

Mathew 22
35 One of them, a lawyer, asked Him a question, testing Him, 36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And He said to him,
“‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ (Deut 6:5)
38 This is the great and foremost commandment.

39 The second is like it,
You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ Leviticus 19:18
40 On these two commandments depend the whole Law and the Prophets.

Acts 24:14 But this I admit to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect I do serve the God of our fathers, believing everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets;

Another super simple example -- easy for all to see
Ephesians 6:2 " Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise),"

Do you know why Jesus said 'it was not Moses who gave you bread from heaven'?

Because it was the power of God - not the "power of Moses" that did it.

Do YOU know why in 2 Tim 3:16 we are told that "ALL scripture is given by inspiration from God AND is to be used for doctrine"?? -- its because EVEN Moses got the scripture he wrote - from God and for that reason alone - it is to be used for doctrine.

read the Bible.

What is the bread that came down from heaven that was NOT LIKE the bread the fathers of Israel ate?

1. No "biting Jesus" in John 6... but there was "biting" the bread of real manna
2. Spiritual food from Jesus "His WORD" -- "physical food" manna given by God.

We all knew this - already.

John 3

And the NEW Covenant born again saint in both OT and NT has the "LAW written on heart and mind" under the NEW Covenant of Jeremiah 31:31-33

Look at that Jeremiah and Paul in Hebrews 8:6-12 in perfect agreement - the unchanged NEW Covenant.

Now Bob, why are you not leading people to the bread from heaven?

Why do you make that sort of stuff up?
What is the point of simply engaging in creative writing such as that?

"All scripture" means "all" -- and that includes the "words of Christ our Shepherd" that you seem to be asking that we not post.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

John 6

What does 1 John 3:9 mean. And how is it possible.

Indeed -- in fact 1 John 3:4-9... real teaching about real people - and not make-believe ideas about living in sin and yet "by their fruits you shall not know them" sort of tales.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Indeed -- in fact 1 John 3:4-9... real teaching about real people - and not make-believe ideas about living in sin and yet "by their fruits you shall not know them" sort of tales.

Tales? As in fairy tales? How irreverent! You didn't answer the question because you don't know.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Tales? As in fairy tales? How irreverent! You didn't answer the question because you don't know.

Actually I argued FOR taking 1 John 3 seriously and NOT taking it as happy fiction and we both know it.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Actually I argued FOR taking 1 John 3 seriously and NOT taking it as happy fiction and we both know it.

Not to me you didn't. So what does it mean. And HOW is it possible. Actually explain what it means, and not just "real teaching about real people." What a cop out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0