United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Danthemailman, nice to meet you.

That does not surprise me. It shows I have already had discussions with SDA believers, they have many false doctrines. There is lack of comprehension of the New Testament, that is for sure.

They are stuck in a form of legalism, the type of legalism Paul spoke about in Galatians.

However, that doesn't mean I am on the Once Saved Always Saved and Calvinistic side which is another false doctrine. We are to obey the commandments of Jesus Christ which are His words He SPOKE in the new testament. These are the words of Eternal life.

If we are born again of the Spirit of Christ, we will follow and obey His voice. We will be His sheep. That doesn't mean we have eternal security and that we cannot lose it. If we turn our backs to God, we will lose it. This is clear from scriptures. This is what I clearly see in my Bible.

Those with an ear will hear.
May God bless you brother.

What they don't understand is the POWER of the Holy Spirit Who is Christ's gift to us. It is interesting to see exactly what Bob pastes over and over. "Sin is lawlessness." But if he understood the very next verse he would understand this power and the gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 John 3:4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.

Upvote 0

Asaph George

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2018
montreal
Visit site
✟31,167.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What they don't understand is the POWER of the Holy Spirit Who is Christ's gift to us.

I doubt someone who is stuck in legalism would understand the power of the Spirit. This is why they are stuck in laws because the gospel has to be about something else since they don't have the Spirit of Christ in them. They don't know Him.

They have not experienced Him. Those who are led by the Spirit of God THEY are the sons of God. It is not about doing works of the law, it is about being guided by the Spirit to do the works of God.

These works of God do not save us but they are the manifestation of the true faith. They are the fruits of the Kingdom which are prepared for us before the foundation of the world.

God bless you Lady :) I followed you. You are my friend.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What they don't understand is the POWER of the Holy Spirit Who is Christ's gift to us. It is interesting to see exactly what Bob pastes over and over. "Sin is lawlessness." But if he understood the very next verse he would understand this power and the gospel of Jesus Christ.

1 John 3:4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.
It's what Paul calls 'the obedience of faith';'obedience to the faith' (Romans 1; Romans 16).

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
It's what Paul calls 'the obedience of faith';'obedience to the faith' (Romans 1; Romans 16).

Obedience is so important that Jesus didn't leave it to chance. He gave us His own Spirit to kill all DESIRE to sin, and therefore WANT to be obedient.

Upvote 0