Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
MissLarisha said:
why dont you just look it up yourself, and formulate the answer yourself
you misunderstand me. i already have my own views and they are irrelevant in this post. i'm just looking for the views of others because this is a subject where they tend to differ.

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

jesus, god or son of god?
Looks like Jesus is the Son and God:| The way revelation looks, Jesus, comes for His own and rewards them [show Him "reaping" in revelation 14:14, but shows the angels bringing the "wraths" next:eek: ]
It appears that God is in charge of the wraths [using the 10 kings it appears]. I will let you be the judge. Only one time is He called the Son of God in revelation, the church of Thyratira[avoid that church at all cost!!!], which appears to be doomed for destruction:eek: Such an awsome Vision!!!!God bless.

rev 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, [the] Beginning and [the] End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

reve 4:8 [The] four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!"

rev 2:8 " And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, ' These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:

reve 2:18 " And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, ' These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: 19 "I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and [as] for your works, the last [are] more than the first.

rev 3:14 " And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, ' These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God:

reve 22:12 " And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward [is] with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, [the] Beginning and [the] End, the First and the Last."

EZEKIEL 7:2"And you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD to the land of Israel, `An end! The end is coming on the four corners of the land. 3 `Now the end is upon you, and I will send My anger against you; I will judge you according to your ways and bring all your abominations upon you. 4 `For My eye will have no pity on you, nor will I spare you, but I will bring your ways upon you, and your abominations will be among you; then you will know that I am the LORD !'

Upvote 0

DanielRB

Slave of Allah
Jul 16, 2004
New Mexico
✟18,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
brightlights said:
well? and please provide scripture to back up your answers.
Hi Brightlights, :wave:

I believe he is both.

Here are some key Scriptures:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made." (John 1:1-3, ESV)

"And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:14, ESV)

"Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs. For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son, today I have begotten you”? Or again, “I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son”? And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.” Of the angels he says, “He makes his angels winds, and his ministers a flame of fire.” But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom. You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; therefore God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness beyond your companions.” And, “You, Lord, laid the foundation of the earth in the beginning, and the heavens are the work of your hands; they will perish, but you remain; they will all wear out like a garment, like a robe you will roll them up, like a garment they will be changed. But you are the same, and your years will have no end.” And to which of the angels has he ever said, “Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”? Are they not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation? " (Hebrews 1:1-14, ESV)

"Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. " (Philippians 2:5-11, ESV)

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross." (Colossians 1:15-20, ESV)

"“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” " (Revelation 1:8, ESV)

I hope this helps.

In Christ,

Daniel

Upvote 0

brightlights

A sinner
Jul 31, 2004
USA
✟28,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
thanks dan, i'd like to point out though that scripture states that all things were created through him, scripture doesnt say by him. but i think i can agree with the duelistic view. what of the heroism of christ though? jesus was tempted and faced temptation. god cannot be tempted. i think that jesus is god's supreme son and our messiah. but scripture points at jesus and god being seperate. yes, jesus represents god, and if you honor jesus than you honor god because god sent jesus. but i dunno, the bible is a very deep and full of crazy symbolism so i can deffinately agree with jesus being both god and son of god.

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

thanks dan, i'd like to point out though that scripture states that all things were created through him, scripture doesnt say by him. but i think i can agree with the duelistic view. what of the heroism of christ though? jesus was tempted and faced temptation. god cannot be tempted. i think that jesus is god's supreme son and our messiah. but scripture points at jesus and god being seperate. yes, jesus represents god, and if you honor jesus than you honor god because god sent jesus. but i dunno, the bible is a very deep and full of crazy symbolism so i can deffinately agree with jesus being both god and son of god.
Yes, Jesus was God manifested in the flesh, and no one can come to God except through belief in the Son!!! No other way. I am still studying on that but I do pray to God and thank Him for sending His begotten Son down to us.
Looks like Jesus is the Son, son of man, the Slain Lamb, and God:|
Only one time is He called the Son of God in revelation, the church of Thyratira[avoid that church at all cost!!!], which appears to be doomed for destruction:eek: Such an awsome Vision!!!!God bless.

reve 12:5 She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne.

reve 5:5 But one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals." 6 And I looked, and behold, in the midst of the throne and of the four living creatures, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as though it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth.

rev 1:8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, [the] Beginning and [the] End," says the Lord, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

reve 4:8 [The] four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: "Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Who was and is and is to come!"

rev 2:8 " And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write, ' These things says the First and the Last, who was dead, and came to life:

reve 2:18 " And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write, ' These things says the Son of God, who has eyes like a flame of fire, and His feet like fine brass: 19 "I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and [as] for your works, the last [are] more than the first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
quadding said:
Everything that God created He spoke into existance. Jesus and God's Holy Spirit, God took a piece of Himself and created them. Jesus is a part of God but He is also God's Son, a complete and different being. If it were possible for God to die than Jesus would become God.
Neither Jesus nor the Holy Spirit are created. They are the same essence as the Father. They are co-eternal and co-equal, each having the attributes that are exclusive to God alone.

It is not possible for God to die so that portion of your contention is moot.

Your position is the position of Erasmus and, thus, heresy in the eyes of the Church.

God bless

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
brightlights said:
well? and please provide scripture to back up your answers.
birghtlights

Jesus Is God and the Son of God . . both . .

This is what the Nicene Creed was designed to teach which all of us agree to in order to post here . . it is not an either/or . . it is a both/and . .

It requires belief in the Trinity, that all 3 persons of the Trintiy are ONE GOD . . that the 2nd person of the Trinity, God the Son, came down from heaven and was made man . .

The Word was with God and the Word was God; the Word became flesh and dwelt among us . . John 1

The question you ask flies in the face of the Nicene Creed . . for it is never an either/or situation . ..

The question you ask is not question about the Christian faith, but offers a choice which does not appear in the Christian faith . .

Peace in Him!

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
quadding said:
Everything that God created He spoke into existance. Jesus and God's Holy Spirit, God took a piece of Himself and created them. Jesus is a part of God but He is also God's Son, a complete and different being. If it were possible for God to die than Jesus would become God.
quadding

This is NOT the Christian faith . .

To post here, you agreed to the Nicene Creed . .

What does it say about Jesus? Does it say He was created/made? No . . it DENIES He was made . . read it again . .

He is eternally begotten . . that means, in a way that is a mystery to us, that He has eternally existed with the Father as the begotten one of the Father . . but He has no beginning, just as the Father has no beginning . .

You are falling into the Arian heresy . . .which the Nicene Creed was specifically developed to combat . ..

Why did you agree to the Nicene Creed if you don't agree with it?

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reformationist said:
Neither Jesus nor the Holy Spirit are created. They are the same essence as the Father. They are co-eternal and co-equal, each having the attributes that are exclusive to God alone.

It is not possible for God to die so that portion of your contention is moot.

Your position is the position of Erasmus and, thus, heresy in the eyes of the Church.

God bless
My GOD!... I can't believe it...:doh: We agree on something! Jesus nor the Holy Spirit were created and therefore not creatures.. This is ancient heresy and was condemed by the Ecumenical councils...

Forgive me...:liturgy:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Crimson Rose said:
God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit ---- 3 different parts of one being

Its the same as one woman can be a daughter, a mother, and a grandmother

God is one Person, He just makes Himself known to us in 3 different ways
hi Crimson Rose . .though this analogy seems to help a little in understanding the Trinity, it actually fosters anoither of the ancient hereises known as Modalism . .

God does not merely make Himself known to us in 3 different ways, He is 3 PERSONS ONE GOD . .. He does not move from one mode to another . . All 3 persons eternally exist, at the same time, distinct, yet ONE . . We see this at the Baptism of Jesus . . The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit . . all three present at the same time . . God did not move from one mode to another . . All 3 persons were present.

It is a mystery to our minds, and though some analogies come closer than others in explaining, in the end, if we take them to their logical conclusion, they are flawed and lead us off into heresy on one side or the other . .

There is NO analogy we can use to comletely help us understand the Trinity . .

Peace in Him1

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
brightlights said:
thanks dan, i'd like to point out though that scripture states that all things were created through him, scripture doesnt say by him.
Oops... better go back and read again John 1:3

Forgive me..:liturgy:

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
brightlights said:
brightlights

study the heresies of the Early Church . . I think you will find the answers in how the Church dealt with them and how it defined its beliefs in the Holy Trinity.

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
thereselittleflower said:
hi Crimson Rose . .though this analogy seems to help a little in understanding the Trinity, it actually fosters anoither of the ancient hereises known as Modalism . .

God does not merely make Himself known to us in 3 different ways, He is 3 PERSONS ONE GOD . .. He does not move from one mode to another . . All 3 persons eternally exist, at the same time, distinct, yet ONE . . We see this at the Baptism of Jesus . . The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit . . all three present at the same time . . God did not move from one mode to another . . All 3 persons were present.

It is a mystery to our minds, and though some analogies come closer than others in explaining, in the end, if we take them to their logical conclusion, they are flawed and lead us off into heresy on one side or the other . .

There is NO analogy we can use to comletely help us understand the Trinity . .

Peace in Him1
Great Post! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Belief that Jesus is anything other than God-made-man, God-who-dwelt-among-us, the God-Man is not Christian belief.

This is a central tenent of Christianity, and is not open for dispute . . those who do not believe that Jesus is God-made-man cannot rightly cally themselves Christian and are unorthodox in their beliefs.

This is one of the reasons CF has made the Nicene Creed the defining Creed for those who can post here in the For Christians ONLY section of CF . . and why there is an unorthodox section in the area open for everyone . .

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.