Jesus came to fulfil the Torah and the Law will Pass away on a certain Date.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's because even after his resurrection the heaven and earth hadn't passed away and neither did the Torah.
Irrelevant. I am answering the question "Is the Kingdom here"? And you are evading the basic argument I am making. Let me ask you a question: How can Jesus claim that all authority on earth has already been given to Him, without having to conclude that the Kingdom has already been initiated? If all authority to rule the US has already been given to Joe Biden, how is he not then the President right now?

Now about the "heaven and earth not passing away" thing. You are simply trying to apply the same faulty counterargument here that you applied in response to my post about Matthew 5. But it is not relevant to Matthew 28 where your challenge is to explain how the Kingdom has not already been initiated if Jesus says all authority on earth has already been given to Him.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Your argument here is based on a very shaky premise - that God necessarily never changes the way He works in the world. If, repeat if, that assumption were correct, you could argue that the admonition delivered here in Deuteronomy 13 is appropriate.

But God obviously changes the way the way He works in the world - we have Jesus announcing something new, the in-breaking of the kingdom of God. We have Paul repeatedly, and I emphasize repeatedly, talking about, yes, a new covenant.
God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, so the fact that God never changes the way that He interacts in the world is on solid ground. Jesus did not teach anything that was brand new. In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant still involves following the Mosaic Law, so that did not change how God interacts.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, so the fact that God never changes the way that He interacts in the world is on solid ground. Jesus did not teach anything that was brand new. In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant still involves following the Mosaic Law, so that did not change how God interacts.
Hi, can you elaborate on what do you mean by the Mosaic Law? You mean the law that God gave to Moses ie including dietary law, temple worship, etc

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
How, precisely, is it incoherent? Here, you make a claim and provide no supporting argument.

Here are reasons why my claim is coherent.
It is contradictory to say that God doesn't change and that He does change.

First, if God is robbed of the ability to change the instructions for how we are to act it becomes impossible for God to ever do so - you are placed in the very challenging situation of having to explain how it is that an unchanging God went ahead and changed the instructions for how to we are to act when he delivered the Law on Mt. Sinai. After all, there were people in the world before the Law was given. From the perspective of those people, God definitely did change the instructions for how we are to act.
Sin was in the world before the law was given (Romans 5:13), so there were no actions that changed to being sinful when the Mosaic Law was given, but rather the Mosaic Law revealed what has always been and will always be sin. For example, it was a sin to commit adultery in Genesis 39:9 long before the Mosaic Covenant, during it, it remains sinful after it has become obsolete, and God will never change it so that it becomes in accordance with His righteousness to commit adultery, so it is eternally valid.

Second, if your claim is correct, we are in the very odd position of tying God's hands so that He cannot use the Law in order to achieve a particular goal that, once achieved, renders the Law irrelevant. Suppose God wants to use the Law to steer human history toward the Cross where Jesus essentially completes the task the Law was aiming at. It would then be irrelevant for the Law to continue. Paul certainly seems to believe exactly this:
In Exodus 33:13, Moses wanted God to be gracious to him by teaching him His way that he might know Him, and in Matthew 7:23, Jesus said that he would tell those who are workers of lawlessness because he never knew them them, so the goal at God's law aims is to teach us how to know God and Jesus, which is eternal life (John 17:3), which is also why Jesus said that the way to enter internal life is by obeying God's commandments (Matthew 19:17, Luke 10:25-28). Jesus spent his ministry teaching his followers how to obey the Mosaic Law by word and by example, so it does not lead us to him so that we can then reject what he taught and go back to living in sin, but rather it leads us to him because it teaches us how to know him, or in other words, how to have a relationship with him, so it is not at task that becomes irrelevant once it is accomplished.

24 Therefore the Law has become our guardian to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. 25 But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

Or consider this analogy: when you go to medical school, you follow a kind of "law" - you study medicine 100% of your waking hours. But when you graduate and become a doctor, do you continue to study all the time? Of course not - you have patients to treat.
Someone who who disregarded everything that their schoolmaster taught them after they graduated would be missing the whole point of a schoolmaster. Someone who became a doctor after studying medicine should then implement what they have learned, not consider what they learned to be irrelevant.

Furthermore, in Galatians 3:26-29, ever aspect of being children of God, through faith, in Christ, being children of Abraham, and heirs to the promise is all directly connected to living in obedience to the Mosaic Law. In 1 John 3:4-10, those who do not practice righteousness in obedience to the Mosaic Law are not children of God. Christ walked in obedience to the Mosaic Law, and in 1 John 2:6, those who are in Christ are obligated to walk in the same way he walked. In Matthew 23:23, Jesus said that faith is one of the weightier matters of the Mosaic Law. In Genesis 18:19, Genesis 26:4-5, and Deuteronomy 30:16, all of the promises in accordance with spreading the Gospel were made to Abraham and brought about because he walked in God's way in obedience to His law, he taught his children how to do that, and because his children did that.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Hi, can you elaborate on what do you mean by the Mosaic Law? You mean the law that God gave to Moses ie including dietary law, temple worship, etc
Indeed, in Jeremiah 31:33, it uses the Hebrew word "Torah", which is also known as the Law of Moses and the Law of God.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm trying to parse the semantics here. Nothing is brand new to God about Himself. He is that He is and His ways endure forever. But the knowledge of God is always brand New to the ignorant. It troubles me when you say God's Christ did not teach anything brand New. Christ is the Truth and the way, and it doesn't sound like you're teaching/preaching Christ.

For example, since the law was made for man and man was not made for the law, it is significant in its meaning, indicating that the man is corruptible, and the law was made to show this corruption (sinfulness). The Christ however is not the law, but a quickening Spirit that is incorruptible. Wherefore it is said that the law is a shadow of the Christ, and not the Christ a shadow of the law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is contradictory to say that God doesn't change and that He does change.
Obvious strawman - I never said this.

There is a clear conceptual distinction between the nature of God - which does not change - and the way He acts in world which clearly does change: what do the concepts of old and new covenants even mean if God does not change the way He works in the world.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, so the fact that God never changes the way that He interacts in the world is on solid ground.
God's nature can be seen as unchanging (and surely this is how people understand the concept of an unchanging God) while what He actually does can indeed change.

If we adopt your reasoning, God is completely handcuffed - He cannot be dynamic in any sense since, by your reasoning, His unchangingness prevents Him from ever doing anything new.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus did not teach anything that was brand new.
You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery’; 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

How is this not something new?

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Jeremiah 31:33, the New Covenant still involves following the Mosaic Law, so that did not change how God interacts.
As I have argued elsewhere:

I propose that to interpret the metaphor of the "law written on the heart" this way completely eviscerates the metaphor of any power - saying that we simply "internalize" the words of an otherwise written code is but a trivial change of form. This does great violence to a rich metaphor which, I suggest, points to an instinctive knowing.

I wonder who else holds this view that the "law written on the heart" is really about an instinctive knowing?

Answer: no less than the apostle Paul:

For when Gentiles who do not have the Law instinctively perform the requirements of the Law, these, though not having the Law, are a law to themselves, 15 in that they show the work of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying and their thoughts alternately accusing or else defending them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟251,078.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
....., and in John 8:31-47, it is sin in transgression of it that puts people on bondage while.....
Where, and please be specific, does John 8:31-47 make any reference to transgressing the Law of Moses?

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
If I may..

I'm trying to parse the semantics here. Nothing is brand new to God about Himself.
That really doesn't make sense to me.
He is that He is and His ways endure forever.
Amein!
But the knowledge of God is always brand New to the ignorant.
That is on the person, not God himself.
It troubles me when you say God's Christ did not teach anything brand New.
I'm sorry you are troubled, but what he taught was the right meaning of the Torah, not what the leaders had made it.
He came to 'fulfill or fill up' what the commandments really meant.

For instance speaking on two of the ten Commandments:

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

These two (and there are many examples) are 'filling up' the meaning behind the title of 'Thou shalt not murder' and 'Thou shalt not commit adultery,'.

There's no change, in fact by keeping this understanding it became even harder but Messiah Yeshua was speaking to them about the heart matter, not just the 'letter of the law'.

He's teaching that anger is the same as murder.
Lusting in your mind after a woman is the same as sleeping with her.

Not changed, but defined in the way GOD intended.
Christ is the Truth and the way, and it doesn't sound like you're teaching/preaching Christ.
That's a rather serious accusation, and I myself believe that He is the Way the TRUTH and the LIFE! He wants us to be like him in keeping all the things the LORD GOD told him to do, that is why he said to 'be perfect, as your Father in heaven is perfect'.

It's nothing new, those who believe they have the faith of Abraham should be aware that Abraham's faith 'proof' is this, the LORD came to him and said:

I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

For example, since the law was made for man and man was not made for the law,
That's like saying the car was made for man but the man was not made for the car. Doesn't make sense does it?
it is significant in its meaning, indicating that the man is corruptible, and the law was made to show this corruption (sinfulness).

The GOD that does not change knew all things ahead of time and is righteous, meaning while taking that into account he gives all the help he can while still requiring obedience and proper behavior.

You make is sound like he is evil, knowing that his children whom He made in his own image wouldn't be able to do what he asked and he sat back and couldn't wait for them to fail. Nice Father, huh?
The Christ however is not the law, but a quickening Spirit that is incorruptible. Wherefore it is said that the law is a shadow of the Christ, and not the Christ a shadow of the law.

The Messiah is as John wrote:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Messiah is the WORD of GOD, to throw out the Torah is to throw out Messiah Yeshua.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
There is a clear conceptual distinction between the nature of God - which does not change - and the way He acts in world which clearly does change: what do the concepts of old and new covenants even mean if God does not change the way He works in the world.
The LORD GOD is not two faced or double minded, nor does he become 'all things to all men'.

One of His best attributes is that He does not change, if he were that would mean He is not perfect and not to be trusted. His words mean nothing, He is a liar, assuring us if we do what he says it will go well for us but then turn around and say, all those hundreds of years I expected you to follow my ways only to get to where I reveal myself to you in flesh and tell you it's all no longer valid. I teach you for 3 1/2 years how to really apply what I gave you only to die and then, POOF! You no longer have to:

1. Obey what I told you at the Mountain
2. Obey what I explained to you for 3 1/2 years so you knew how to walk rightly in it.

That lowers the Almighty LORD GOD and that kind of understanding is exactly what the enemy/accuser wants.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That really doesn't make sense to me.
Childeye said: I'm trying to parse the semantics here.

Above I am referring to parsing the semantics that occurred concerning nothing/something brand New being taught by Christ.

To review, the poster saying nothing new is being taught by Christ, was inferring that the law does not change because God does not change. And I am saying something Brand New is being taught apart from the law in the self-sacrificing Love of Christ displayed on the cross. Both are true. So, I tried to point out the semantical problem causing the misunderstanding by saying, "Nothing is New to God about Himself, but the knowledge of God is always brand New to the ignorant".

That is on the person, not God himself.
I need to love others as myself, and I don't believe people are to be held responsible for being ignorant of God even because I can look back at my own ignorance yet not see my current ignorance. I believe there can be a such thing as a wanton ignorance which would be a separate matter from what I'm referring to. I believe the knowledge of God's Person given to the world is in His son, and that only God can reveal Himself to a person. So, I'll qualify that sentiment with these scriptures:

John 9:39

39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Matthew 11:25-27
25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

1 Corinthians 1:27-31

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

I'm sorry you are troubled, but what he taught was the right meaning of the Torah, not what the leaders had made it.
He came to 'fulfill or fill up' what the commandments really meant.

For instance speaking on two of the ten Commandments:

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire.

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

These two (and there are many examples) are 'filling up' the meaning behind the title of 'Thou shalt not murder' and 'Thou shalt not commit adultery,'.

There's no change, in fact by keeping this understanding it became even harder but Messiah Yeshua was speaking to them about the heart matter, not just the 'letter of the law'.

He's teaching that anger is the same as murder.
Lusting in your mind after a woman is the same as sleeping with her.

Not changed, but defined in the way GOD intended.
I think Jesus is talking about the spirit of the law because the law is spiritual, but I am also flesh and stand guilty under the law. So, I agree with the overall sentiment above in that not getting angry is indeed a deeper righteousness than don't murder. But likewise, the righteousness of God I see revealed in the Christ suffering a cross to save sinners, is a deeper righteousness than what I see revealed in the letter of the law. Therefore, I preach the Spirit of Christ, and not the letter of the law.
That's a rather serious accusation, and I myself believe that He is the Way the TRUTH and the LIFE! He wants us to be like him in keeping all the things the LORD GOD told him to do, that is why he said to 'be perfect, as your Father in heaven is perfect'.
Respectfully, my sentiment is not an accusation. I indicated that to say the Christ is not teaching anything new, sounds like it's not preaching the Christ. I mean, where does the law teach us to pick up your own cross and forgive those who would crucify you? It's a substantive point and important distinction.
It's nothing new, those who believe they have the faith of Abraham should be aware that Abraham's faith 'proof' is this, the LORD came to him and said:

I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
I'm not Abraham, and I have my own walk to walk just as everyone who is called does. But I'm certain that there is only one faith, even as there is only one God to have faith in. For me, that faith came from hearing the Gospel. And so, I would also add that to be perfect as the heavenly Father is perfect, it would require knowing the Father as trustworthy, and I know Him as trustworthy in the same Love I see persevering in His Christ on a cross to save sinners.
That's like saying the car was made for man but the man was not made for the car. Doesn't make sense does it?
Well, the car was made to serve the man, and not the man was made to serve the car. But the law is not a car. Therefore, I believe the law is made for mankind, to show all of mankind as sinners unable to keep the law perfectly because of weakness of the flesh. I believe God gave mankind over to the lusts of the flesh so that we would learn the value of the virtues we otherwise would take for granted in vainglory and unthankfulness.
The GOD that does not change knew all things ahead of time and is righteous, meaning while taking that into account he gives all the help he can while still requiring obedience and proper behavior.

You make is sound like he is evil, knowing that his children whom He made in his own image wouldn't be able to do what he asked and he sat back and couldn't wait for them to fail. Nice Father, huh?
I believe God knew the creature would take His Spirit for granted as a matter of circumstance. Satan was very gifted and held a high station as a guardian cherub, yet he fell due to vanity. So, upon understanding the Gospel and acknowledging that I could not keep the law in my fallen state, I instead began trusting in His Grace and Mercy and picked up my cross forgiving all who did wrong to me in all pureness of heart. I then found that my thoughts and speech began to change, reflecting that I am now allowed to walk in His ways, so that obedience is a gift rather than a labor of works performed out of fear of death.

Hebrews 2:14-15

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
The Messiah is as John wrote:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Messiah is the WORD of GOD, to throw out the Torah is to throw out Messiah Yeshua.
I believe the Word was conceived in God's mind before He spoke, and this is what I take it to mean when John says the Word was with God. I believe God's spoken Word of creation is the expression of His Self, which is what I take John to mean when he says the Word was God. The Christ is the Word made flesh. So, I believe that everything made, seen and unseen, good or bad, testifies to God's Word, including the Torah and the knowledge of sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,160.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Has the Kingdom come yet? Has all passed away?
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.​
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.​
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.​

Notice he says, the Law and Prophets - are they nailed to the cross too?

Has everything in prophecy been fulfilled?

Jesus said when heaven and earth pass away then shall the LAW pass away.

When does that happen?

Revelation 21

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Do you want to be Great in the Kingdom or the least?
So, “not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the law until everything is accomplishes,” implying that physical sacrifice must continue even after Jesus' crucifixion since heaven and earth have not passed away. Do you want to explain that?

• Informative
Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wait a minute. Do you not believe that all Scripture is God’s words?

Yes, God speaks in the first person from Paul’s perspective, so “I” refers to Paul, but is God speaking about Paul.
No, I don't that is not saying that don't believe it should be in the bible canon. However when you contrast it to the other writers of the Bible it is clear that Paul puts a lot of himself in his letters.

For example, here he is explicit that it is him saying this, not God, not Messiah, his opinion.

Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you.

Just like when he says this, him speaking not speaking for God:

Paul said, “Brothers and fathers, listen to what I have to say to you.” 2 When they heard him speak to them in their own language, they stopped making noise. Then he said,
3 “I am a Jew. I was born in the city of Tarsus in the country of Cilicia. When I was a young man, I lived here in Jerusalem. I went to Gamaliel’s school and learned all about the Law of our early fathers. I worked hard for God as you all do today.
4 “I worked hard and killed men and women who believed as I believe today. I put them in chains and sent them to prison.

Or how about here?

I repeat: Let no one take me for a fool. But if you do, then tolerate me just as you would a fool, so that I may do a little boasting. 17 In this self-confident boasting I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool.

1. Whatever anyone else dares to boast about—I am speaking as a fool—I also dare to boast about. 22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham’s descendants? So am I. 23 Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again.

There's many more places things like this can be found and I would never think to believe that the LORD GOD said these things.

Upvote 0

Doug Brents

Aug 30, 2021
Atlanta, GA
✟14,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I don't that is not saying that don't believe it should be in the bible canon. However when you contrast it to the other writers of the Bible it is clear that Paul puts a lot of himself in his letters.

For example, here he is explicit that it is him saying this, not God, not Messiah, his opinion.

Behold I, Paul, say to you that if you receive circumcision, Christ will be of no benefit to you.
No, this is not Paul’s opinion. Here he is differentiating between things he is saying that Jesus did not say on His life versus things He did say. But he is saying it through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit: it is still God’s words flowing through Paul.

Just like when he says this, him speaking not speaking for God:

Paul said, “Brothers and fathers, listen to what I have to say to you.” 2 When they heard him speak to them in their own language, they stopped making noise. Then he said,
3 “I am a Jew. I was born in the city of Tarsus in the country of Cilicia. When I was a young man, I lived here in Jerusalem. I went to Gamaliel’s school and learned all about the Law of our early fathers. I worked hard for God as you all do today.
4 “I worked hard and killed men and women who believed as I believe today. I put them in chains and sent them to prison.

Or how about here?

I repeat: Let no one take me for a fool. But if you do, then tolerate me just as you would a fool, so that I may do a little boasting. 17 In this self-confident boasting I am not talking as the Lord would, but as a fool.

1. Whatever anyone else dares to boast about—I am speaking as a fool—I also dare to boast about. 22 Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham’s descendants? So am I. 23 Are they servants of Christ? (I am out of my mind to talk like this.) I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again.

There's many more places things like this can be found and I would never think to believe that the LORD GOD said these things.
And what did Jesus tell the other Apostles when He sent them out? “Now when they bring you before the synagogues and the officials and the authorities, do not worry about how or what you are to speak in your defense, or what you are to say; 12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.” Luke 12:11-12

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Good point - all prophecy has not been fulfilled .. not just NT prophecy in 2 Thess 2, and the book of Revelation -- but also OT prophecy such as Daniel 7 has not all been fulfilled since it takes us to the 2nd coming of Christ. (As does Daniel 2)
When Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob enter into the fulness of his promises to them' which is "law", then.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
??

More words please.
Genesis through Deuteronomy are all law. Certainly the priesthood being Changed and no longer is functioning either. That does not mean the law has passed away, nor does disannuling carnal ordinances or command mean the law has passed away.

Upvote 0