• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa mosque fire burns at the same time as flames engulf Notre Dame cathedral in Pari

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by tulc, Apr 15, 2019 at 10:44 PM.

1. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+12,703
    Christian
    Married
    Jerusalem's Al-Aqsa Mosque burns at the same time as fire engulfs Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris
    tulc(seems like a lot of fires breaking out all over) :eek:

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Newbie

+905
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Utterly indifferent to the burning of this Mosque.

3. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+2,462
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    I like old stuff, and don't care which religion it represents. Both buildings are close to 1000 years old. Either burning is a tragedy.

4. tulc

+12,703
    Christian
    Married
    That's a shame, because many Muslims were quick to offer condolences to the loss Christians suffered over the burning of Notre Dame. :sigh:
    tulc(thinks it's a shame any time people suffer a loss) :sorry:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Newbie

+905
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    tulc should define most Muslims. Most Muslims in Indonesia? Most faithful Muslims whom are supposed to abhor symbols and structures which defy Islam's imperative to bring about correct worship? Some Muslims maybe, but not most. The majority probably don't care one way or another.

6. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+497
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Well, thanks for letting us all know how much you don’t care!

7. tulc

+12,703
    Christian
    Married
    I already changed it to many, but thanks for the reminder. :wave:
    tulc(agrees with post #3, it's always a shame when we lose pieces of history that are still in use today) :sigh:

8. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Newbie

+905
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    You are welcome.

Mind you I don't think I'm the only one.

9. tulc

+12,703
    Christian
    Married
    Well...apparently you cared enough to tell everyone how little you cared. So I'm thinking you aren't nearly as "utterly indifferent" as your post claims. :)
    tulc(thought that should be pointed out) :wave:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. timothyu

timothyu Well-Known Member

+683
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Interesting...

11. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Newbie

+905
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Believe it or not but I am indifferent and I chose to express my opinion. That's why these forums exist. I garuntee you most people probably don't care about the Al-Aqsa Mosque burning down because they have no connection to it. We can't all pretend to virtue signal our sympathy towards Muslims and ought be honest with ourselves.

Also why do you speak about yourself in the third person? Is tulc so grand a personage as to not benefit us with the pronoun 'I"?

12. Pommer

Pommer Autodidact polymath

+497
    United States
    Deist
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Sure, what’s “our neighbor” got to do with it?

13. tulc

+12,703
    Christian
    Married
    Except not everyone is indifferent, for instance, I'm not which is why I posted the thread. And you've now posted 4 times in a thread you said you were indifferent to. Now to me? That sounds suspiciously like someone waving their hands around to signal everyone how "little they care" about something. Because what's the use of "being indifferent" if no one is aware of how indifferent you are, amirite? :D

sorry, why I post like I do isn't the subject of this thread, you should start a different thread to discuss why people post how they do if that's what you'd like to discuss. :wave:
    tulc(is going to need more coffee) :coffee:

14. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Newbie

+905
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    By this logic I could say you seem grossly offended at me not caring, which seems more warranted than your accusing me of having some deep seated motive within myself that shows I do care about this Mosque.

I understand the historical significance of this Mosque as the third holiest place of Islam. I have a general distaste for anything Islamic. Why would it surprise you that I don't care that their third holiest site has suffered some damage? Why does indifference bother your virtue signalling?

Also I'm not starting a thread dedicated to your ego.

15. timothyu

+683
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Then it should be no surprise many of them feel the same towards other religions, do unto others and all that. We reap what we sow. It is interesting how so many miss the whole point of being Christian.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Newbie

+905
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    This is true. The Quran tells Muslims to have a distaste or contempt for Christianity.

17. Nithavela

Nithavela Buy more eggs

+9,358
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    He cares so little, he even posted about it on the internet.

18. Nithavela

Nithavela Buy more eggs

+9,358
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Now only a few other temples will need to burn and all religions will come together as one in their loss.

19. timothyu

+683
    Canada
    Non-Denom
    Private
    So how do Christians justify having the same distaste while refusing to love all as self?

20. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Newbie

+905
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    Loving Muslims doesn't mean loving everything they value or love as Muslims.