Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hey Little Lamb, like to know where ya picked up the action image of the devil with the pitch fork, getting slammed to the floor by the KJV?

Feel free to Pm me, I'd like to use it?

Thanks!

Truth7t7
It is a favorite of mine [tho I am not a fan of the KJV]. I used to have it as my avatar :)

http://www.chapel-flock.com/images/bible-devil.gif

bible-devil.gif

Upvote 0

prewrathrap

Jan 24, 2010
✟15,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've noticed recently that there are a few threads and certain people suggesting that Jerusalem is the prophetic Babylon the harlot during the final end times, others don't suggest it but emphatically teach this as truth.

Hopefully after reading this OP those that may be a bit confused will no longer be. I make no attempt to convince those that are teaching this false doctrine that what they are proposing is in fact false. I've tried in the past only to have these people deny scripture and explain away simple and straightforward verses which clearly show their doctrine to be false.

By comparing Babylon and Jerusalem during final end times it becomes obvious that Jerusalem cannot possibly be this harlot described in chapters 17-18 of Revelation

Babylon during this period of time is depicted in scripture as a wealthy powerful woman (harlot) riding on the final end time beast responsible for the martyrdom of many saints, in short "she" is enjoying her riches, power and status while riding this beast

Rev 18:7 How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

At the same time Jerusalem is under seige by gentile armies:

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

additional scriptures foretell that Christ will finally go to Jerusalem at his return and fight against those nations that came up against Jerusalem the "HOLY CITY" (Zechariah 14, Isa_31:5, Isa_62:1, Joel 3:16)

these few verses alone beg the question 'Just how is Jerusalem this powerful rich "woman" (harlot) riding on the beast and at the same time being attacked by many nations (gentiles) ' ??? this is definitely an obvious contradiction

The Final Contradiction:

Now at the very end we have to look at what God will do to both these cities , ie , Babylon and Jerusalem

First Babylon....................Rev 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Rev 18:9 And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,
Rev 18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Rev 18:21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.

"AND SHALL BE FOUND NO MORE AT ALL "!

...........clear and concise verse needing no special interpretation whatsoever , directly to the point, God will destroy Babylon the harlot, "she will CEASE to exist

Now Jerusalem.................and surprisingly to some there are quite a number of verses , I'm only posting a small portion of them.............please take the time to read those posted

Isa_30:19 For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: he will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when he shall hear it, he will answer thee.
Isa_65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

recall the verses that God will wipe away their tears...................Rev_7:17, Rev_21:4

Joel_3:20 But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.
Isa_33:20 Look upon Zion, the city of our solemnities: thine eyes shall see Jerusalem a quiet habitation, a tabernacle that shall not be taken down; not one of the stakes thereof shall ever be removed, neither shall any of the cords thereof be broken.

Jer_17:25 Then shall there enter into the gates of this city kings and princes sitting upon the throne of David, riding in chariots and on horses, they, and their princes, the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem: and this city shall remain for ever.

some "names" for Jerusalem
Mat_5:35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.
the great King's (Christ's) city
Isa_62:7 And give him no rest, till he establish, and till he make Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
Jer_3:17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.
.................."throne of the LORD"

Jer_33:16 In those days shall Judah be saved, and Jerusalem shall dwell safely: and this is the name wherewith she shall be called, The LORD our righteousness.
Joe_3:17 So shall ye know that I am the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more.

Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Jerusalem the "holy city"

a few more verses................

Mic_4:2 And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
Zec_1:14 So the angel that communed with me said unto me, Cry thou, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I am jealous for Jerusalem and for Zion with a great jealousy.
Zec_1:16 Therefore thus saith the LORD; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith the LORD of hosts, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem.

whether reading all or some of these verses I'm sure most get the point.................and see the contradiction in the false teaching that Jerusalem is Babylon the harlot.

God is NOT going to completely destroy Jerusalem as Rev 18 shows will happen to the harlot and at the same time redeem Jerusalem making it the holy city of the KING (Christ throne) where he will reign forever

Scripture clearly shows that teaching that the "city of the great King" (Jerusalem) is Babylon the harlot is a false doctrine, nothing more than a lie

Rev 11:8 (RSV) and their (the two witnesses) dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, where also our LORD was crucified.

Rev 14:8, 16:19, 17:18, 18:10, 18:16, 18:18, 18:19, 18:21, 21:10

All references point to one Great City and Rev 11:8 nails it - Jerusalem is the Great City of Revelation - AC rules from Jerusalem over all the earth no other city has, is or will do that.

Sorry the other kicker is Jerusalem is a city of seven hills which will become eight when LORD as prophesied in Zech 14 will return to Jerusalem at spot he left and the Mount will cleave into two making Jerusalem a city of 8 hills.

And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.Rev 17:11

Rev. 17:9 And here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are the seven mountains, on which the woman sits.

Jerusalem is mystery Babylon.

Shalom
Mark

Upvote 0

mog144

Jul 18, 2011
Atop Mount Zion "Heaven"
✟1,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@ OP...

I don't recall reading in the first post the mentioning of who the mystery Babylon is. If I missed then please excuse me. So, if you know who it isn't, then I would expect you to know who it is. No need to reply with answer, I just thought to mention this.

Upvote 0

Manasseh_

not the evil king Manasseh
Dec 26, 2010
✟17,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@ OP...

I don't recall reading in the first post the mentioning of who the mystery Babylon is. If I missed then please excuse me. So, if you know who it isn't, then I would expect you to know who it is. No need to reply with answer, I just thought to mention this.

you didn't miss it because that wasn't the purpose of the OP.........which was to refute the false teaching that Jerusalem is Babylon the harlot

although it would take a much more indepth look as to who Babylon is the short answer is that she is a rich and powerful apostate church , responsible for the martyrdom of many saints....... which is first shown in Daniel 7 as the "little" horn coming to power during the last 7 horns of the 4th beast

John shows "her" first as the "false prophet" who looks like a lamb (counterfeit christ) but speaks as a dragon.....this apostate ecclesiastical power promotes the beast and satan to be worshiped
.........then the visions given to John show her riding on a beast during the final end days when she will finally be completely destroyed by God for her wickedness

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rev 11:8 (RSV) and their (the two witnesses) dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which is spiritually called Sodom and Egypt, where also our LORD was crucified.

Rev 14:8, 16:19, 17:18, 18:10, 18:16, 18:18, 18:19, 18:21, 21:10

All references point to one Great City and Rev 11:8 nails it - Jerusalem is the Great City of Revelation - AC rules from Jerusalem over all the earth no other city has, is or will do that.

Sorry the other kicker is Jerusalem is a city of seven hills which will become eight when LORD as prophesied in Zech 14 will return to Jerusalem at spot he left and the Mount will cleave into two making Jerusalem a city of 8 hills.

And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.Rev 17:11

Rev. 17:9 And here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are the seven mountains, on which the woman sits.

Jerusalem is mystery Babylon.

Shalom
Mark
I would say both the past one and present one is mystery Babylon....

Upvote 0