Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for derailing this thread. The only question is, why?
James chapter 5 verse 16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
Look at this verse, unless you only wanted to talk about part of it, I'm right on the topic of the thread, maybe the truth is more than some people can deal with.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Look at this verse, unless you only wanted to talk about part of it, I'm right on the topic of the thread, maybe the truth is more than some people can deal with.
What truth? You are not making any sense. You got hung up on one little part of the OP, and ignored the rest.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
All I can do is quote what Pilate asked Jesus about 30yrs before the destruction of the Jew's Temple and City:

John 18:
38 Pilate is saying to Him: "What is Truth"?
And this saying, again He came out to the Judeans and is saying to them: "I not yet am finding fault in Him".
39 But you have a custom that I should release someone to you at the Passover.
Do you therefore want me to release to you the King of the Judeans?”

Coincidentally, the Passover was when Titus encompassed Jerusalem in 70ad. Fascinating!

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover; and it is deserving of the very particular attention of the reader, that this was the anniversary of that memorable period in which the Jews crucified their Messiah!
At this season multitudes came up from all the surrounding country, and from distant parts, to keep the festival.
How suitable and how kind, then, was the prophetic admonition of our LORD, and how clearly he into futurity when he said "Let not them that are in the countries enter into Jerusalem." Luke xxi. 21...........

Reve 6:16
And they are saying to the mountains and to the rocks: 'Be falling on us! and hide us! from Face of the One sitting upon the Throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb" [Hosea 10:8/Luke 23:30]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
W2L, please don't make statements in the OP and then deride responses when they specifically reference only that portion of the OP. Limiting a response to an incorrect statement (and it was an incorrect statement because we are all sinners) in the OP is not derailing a thread.

The fact is that everyone gets sick--good people and bad people, young and old, Christians and non-Christians. We don't all develop life-threatening illnesses but we do all get sick. It is not punishment limited to sinners because we are all sinners, every one of us. LittleLamb ofJesus has, as usual, posted a thoughtful response. What sin has a little child committed that would in any way warrant cancer? But it happens. It certainly isn't because of some sin that little child committed.
Strrawman
I would ask you not to make statements like this. I never, in any way, said that sickness was a punishment from God. All you have done so far is ignore the intent of the OP and erect strawman
LLoJ runs to wiki............

Job 21:18
They are like straw before the wind,
And like chaff that a storm carries away.

images

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-13_17-33-30.jpeg
    upload_2017-9-13_17-33-30.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do all sinners get sick? How about those who dont sin, do they ever get sick? Is it possible that James 5:16 is actually referring to sin as an illness? Jesus refers to sin as an illness (Matthew 9:12) and Isaiah seems to do the same thing. (Isaiah 58:8)

ALL PEOPLE, whether sinner or saint, get sick. We are all plagued with mortality, and none of us, except those that are around on the day Jesus comes back, will be cured of that.

And why do you pick on sinners. Have YOU stopped sinning? When? What was your last sin? Remember, “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8)

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes all men are sinners, but the question is do they all get sick because of that sin? Clearly the answer is no. So what is James saying?

Oh? Show me one person that is still alive from Jesus' time here on earth. Just one, PLEASE!

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And why do you pick on sinners. Have YOU stopped sinning? When? What was your last sin? Remember, “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8)
Im actually not picking on sinners.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why would you even ask that? Nowhere have i picked on sinners. I simply asked questions about a scripture. I believe you are dishonest and quick with accusations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Im actually not picking on sinners.

It sure sounds like it. In your OP, you said:

Do all sinners get sick? How about those who dont sin, do they ever get sick? Is it possible that James 5:16 is actually referring to sin as an illness? Jesus refers to sin as an illness (Matthew 9:12) and Isaiah seems to do the same thing. (Isaiah 58:8)

Okay, I don't know anyone that doesn't sin as they live their life on earth. But even if they could STOP sinning, and still hold themselves in humility, DEATH and sickness comes for us all.

Besides, ALL have sinned, and all fall short of the glory of God.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Why would you even ask that? Nowhere have i picked on sinners. I simply asked questions about a scripture. I believe you are dishonest and quick with accusations.

and obviously, from this post, so are you!

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It sure sounds like it. In your OP, you said:

Okay, I don't know anyone that doesn't sin as they live their life on earth. But even if they could STOP sinning, and still hold themselves in humility, DEATH and sickness comes for us all.

Besides, ALL have sinned, and all fall short of the glory of God.
My question pertains to whether James is talking about physical or spiritual healing and sickness. It has nothing to do with condemning sinners. And i think you know that. I have been patiently enduring remarks l;ike yours but no more. You sir are out of line.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What did you do when you repented?

Romans 6:21 What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death
When I repented I confessed my sins ( past tense ) vowed to strive to not sin and look to Christ as my goal of how to live.

However, the reality is that, if you are human, you cannot live without sinning. Anyone who says they do is already sinning by lying.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0