Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OK, we are all sinners, now please answer the rest of the OP or stop trolling.
I don't appreciate being accused of trolling when I am not. If you look at my post 33 I did answer the rest of the OP.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Do all sinners get sick? How about those who dont sin, do they ever get sick? Is it possible that James 5:16 is actually referring to sin as an illness? Jesus refers to sin as an illness (Matthew 9:12) and Isaiah seems to do the same thing. (Isaiah 58:8)

James 5:16 Confess your trespasses[e] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
Just curious as to who these people are who "don't sin"? I don't know of any.

Edit: Sorry have not read any but the first three posts on page one.... will read and comment if I feel like I can contribute anything new.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just curious as to who these people are who "don't sin"? I don't know of any.

What did you do when you repented?

Romans 6:21 What fruit did you have then in the things of which you are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see your point. Thank you.

Its this verse that im referring to

16 Confess your trespassesto one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.
James chapter 5 verse 16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

I think your still missing the point, therefore confess your sins to each other.
I look at some women lustfully, I sometimes view inappropriate content, and sometimes touch.

I still love my neighbor as myself though, I give to someone if they ask, I help people when I can.

And I only confessed my sins to help, if your ashamed of confessing your sins, you probably don't know their the same as other people.

James chapter 5 verse 16
Therefore confess your sins to each other

Or do the people on this thread just want to look righteous like the fake Christians.

Hope I haven't broke any CF rules.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
James chapter 5 verse 16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

I think your still missing the point, therefore confess your sins to each other.
I look at some women lustfully, I sometimes view inappropriate content, and sometimes touch.

I still love my neighbor as myself though, I give to someone if they ask, I help people when I can.

And I only confessed my sins to help, if your ashamed of confessing your sins, you probably don't know their the same as other people.

James chapter 5 verse 16
Therefore confess your sins to each other

Or do the people on this thread just want to look righteous like the fake Christians.

Hope I haven't broke any CF rules.
I have no clue what you mean.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have no clue what you mean.
James chapter 5 verse 16
In that verse it says confess your sins, to one another, I can understand Christians not wanting to, most of them are fakes.

Upvote 0

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
James 5:16 Confess your trespasses[e] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

Confess your trespasses to each other, pray for each other, that you may not give in to the sinful nature, but resume walking on the Path that He prepared for you. The effective, fervent prayer of one who has been born again produces results.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Confess your trespasses to each other, pray for each other, that you may not give in to the sinful nature, but resume walking on the Path that He prepared for you. The effective, fervent prayer of one who has been born again produces results.
Thank you for the reply.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do all sinners get sick? How about those who dont sin, do they ever get sick? Is it possible that James 5:16 is actually referring to sin as an illness? Jesus refers to sin as an illness (Matthew 9:12) and Isaiah seems to do the same thing. (Isaiah 58:8)

I have always pondered on why some people get sick as a child, while others rarely get sick. I would hate to think a Christian would view a Christian that is sick as having sinned. I will add more later.
This story in John 9 comes to mind.

1 As Jesus was passing by, He saw a man blind from birth.
His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3 Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened that the works of God would be displayed in him.
While it is daytime, we must do the work of Him who sent Me. Night is coming, when no one can work.
5 While I am in the world, I Am the light of the world.”
When Jesus had said this, He spat on the ground, made some mud, and applied it to the man’s eyes.
Then He told him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came back seeing.

13 They brought to the Pharisees the man who had been blind.
Now the day on which Jesus had made the mud and opened his eyes was a Sabbath.
So the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight.
24 So a second time they called for the man who had been blind and said, “Give glory to God! We know that this man is a sinner.
34 They replied, “You were born in utter sin, and you are instructing us?” And they threw him out.

And this one about the Jewish physicians who couldn't heal this ailing woman:

Mar 5:26
and had suffered many things from many physicians.
She had spent all that she had and was no better, but rather grew worse.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have always pondered on why some people get sick as a child, while others rarely get sick. I would hate to think a Christian would view a Christian that is sick as having sinned. I will add more later.
This story in John 9 comes to mind.

1 As Jesus was passing by, He saw a man blind from birth.
2 His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”
3 Jesus answered, “Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but this happened that the works of God would be displayed in him.
4 While it is daytime, we must do the work of Him who sent Me. Night is coming, when no one can work.
5 While I am in the world, I Am the light of the world.”
When Jesus had said this, He spat on the ground, made some mud, and applied it to the man’s eyes.
7 Then He told him, “Go, wash in the pool of Siloam” (which means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came back seeing.

13 They brought to the Pharisees the man who had been blind.
14 Now the day on which Jesus had made the mud and opened his eyes was a Sabbath.
15 So the Pharisees also asked him how he had received his sight.
24 So a second time they called for the man who had been blind and said, “Give glory to God! We know that this man is a sinner.
34 They replied, “You were born in utter sin, and you are instructing us?” And they threw him out.

And this one about the Jewish physicians who couldn't heal this ailing woman:

Mar 5:26
and had suffered many things from many physicians.
She had spent all that she had and was no better, but rather grew worse.
Thank you for your thoughtful reply, and the scriptures.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

disciple1

Aug 1, 2012
✟62,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Kings chapter 8 verse 46
"When they sin against you--for there is no one who does not sin--and you become angry with them and give them over to their enemies, who take them captive to their own lands, far away or near;
2 Chronicles chapter 6 verse 36
"When they sin against you--for there is no one who does not sin--and you become angry with them and give them over to the enemy, who takes them captive to a land far away or near;
Ecclesiastes chapter 7 verse 20
Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.
1 John chapter 1 verse 8
If anyone claims to be without sin they deceive themselves and the truth is not in them.

Matthew chapter 23 verse 28
In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"When they sin against you--for there is no one who does not sin--and you become angry with them and give them over to their enemies, who take them captive to their own lands, far away or near;
"When they sin against you--for there is no one who does not sin--and you become angry with them and give them over to the enemy, who takes them captive to a land far away or near;
Indeed, there is no one on earth who is righteous, no one who does what is right and never sins.
1 John chapter 1 verse 8
If anyone claims to be without sin they deceive themselves and the truth is not in them.

In the same way, on the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness.
Thank you for derailing this thread. The only question is, why?

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 John chapter 1 verse 8

Context, context, context. Research it!

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you for derailing this thread. The only question is, why?

W2L, please don't make statements in the OP and then deride responses when they specifically reference only that portion of the OP. Limiting a response to an incorrect statement (and it was an incorrect statement because we are all sinners) in the OP is not derailing a thread.

The fact is that everyone gets sick--good people and bad people, young and old, Christians and non-Christians. We don't all develop life-threatening illnesses but we do all get sick. It is not punishment limited to sinners because we are all sinners, every one of us. LittleLamb ofJesus has, as usual, posted a thoughtful response. What sin has a little child committed that would in any way warrant cancer? But it happens. It certainly isn't because of some sin that little child committed.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
W2L, please don't make statements in the OP and then deride responses when they specifically reference only that portion of the OP. Limiting a response to an incorrect statement (and it was an incorrect statement because we are all sinners) in the OP is not derailing a thread.

The fact is that everyone gets sick--good people and bad people, young and old, Christians and non-Christians. We don't all develop life-threatening illnesses but we do all get sick. It is not punishment limited to sinners because we are all sinners, every one of us. LittleLamb ofJesus has, as usual, posted a thoughtful response. What sin has a little child committed that would in any way warrant cancer? But it happens. It certainly isn't because of some sin that little child committed.
Strrawman
I would ask you not to make statements like this. I never, in any way, said that sickness was a punishment from God. All you have done so far is ignore the intent of the OP and erect strawman

Upvote 0