Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
If I were to accuse you of the same then it must be true. Would you then report straight to jail for your crimes? You would think that if he committed any crimes someone would be competent enough to prove at least one accusation. So far they have failed to show any proof at all. They just throw out accusations and people assume it to be true.

Out of everything you listed can you show any proof at all that a crime was committed?
You may have noticed I said EVIDENCE, not "accusation". I do hope you know the difference.

Lots and lots of evidence, just not evidence you are willing to look at. Sort of like how flat-earthers view evidence.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Trump offered to help Turkey's leader avoid a Justice Department probe
Bolton writes that in December 2018, Trump offered to help Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan with a Justice Department investigation into a Turkish bank with ties to Erdogan that was suspected of violating US Iran sanctions. When the Turkish leader presented Trump with a memo from the law firm representing Halkbank, Trump flipped through it and then declared he believed the bank was totally innocent of violating US sanctions related to Iran.

Trump told Erdogan he would "take care of things," and explained that the Southern District prosecutors "were not his people, but were Obama people," and the problem would be fixed when they were replaced by his people.
Question is can Bolton be looked upon as a credible source of information? The man stands to profit by selling books. And so why is that not highly suspect?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You may have noticed I said EVIDENCE, not "accusation". I do hope you know the difference.

Lots and lots of evidence, just not evidence you are willing to look at. Sort of like how flat-earthers view evidence.

So why hasn't anyone been competent enough to have him convicted? Maybe it's because what you call evidence a court of law calls accusations.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Question is can Bolton be looked upon as a credible source of information?

Trump forbade him from testifying under oath to Congress, so we missed a chance there.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟347,448.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
So why hasn't anyone been competent enough to have him convicted? Maybe it's because what you call evidence a court of law calls accusations.
Because the President cannot be indicted and the Republicans in the Senate were never going to vote to remove him from office. Several Senators even admitted that Trump tried to get a quid pro quo from Ukraine but didn't think he should be removed from office for it.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He can do no wrong, and anyone who so much as investigates him must themselves be investigated for such disloyalty.

Must have stolen that one right out of the democrats playbook?
M

• Agree
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
M

Not sure when the last time was that the Democrats used that particular play. Make a point?

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Trump is running out of dictators to sell out to. I hope his team is looking for new and upcoming dictators in tin-pot countries DJT can befriend. Seriously...has DJT made friends with anyone who WASN'T a dictator? Seems to me all the democratically elected leaders ultimately part ways with DJT but his dictator friends are his "forever friends". Gah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
M

Where do you come by that? I don't recall ANY other president who has had so much support by his party in light of REPEATED violations of common decency, law or Constitutional stricture and so far only Trump has actively attempted to use his office to attack private corporations through edict because they dared question his statements.

So, by all means, fill me in on how all the Dems did this too.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If I were to accuse you of the same then it must be true. Would you then report straight to jail for your crimes?

In the immortal words of almost all of Trump's Supporters at his rallies: "Lock Her Up".

You would think that if he committed any crimes someone would be competent enough to prove at least one accusation. So far they have failed to show any proof at all.

Actually proof was pretty abundant the last go-round with DJT's impeachment, but the GOP Senators did a great job of "Jury Nullification" by simply ignoring it.

They just throw out accusations and people assume it to be true.

Well, we assume it to be true because there's a ton of evidence for many of the previous ones. But other than that...

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
M
Projecting again? I don't recall that any Democrat called for Ken Starr to be investigated. There were nine Benghazi investigations - were any one of those investigators subjected to revenge investigation? No.

That is probably why you put that into a weaselly question - so you could deny saying that since you were "just asking" - right? That is right out of Donald's playbook.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
It would certainly add a level of credibility to this statements if he wasn't making money off of them YES. That's even a legal consideration in the courts.
He would’ve been paid for an interview, too. Quite handsomely, too. Any network would happily pay top dollar for that exclusive.

• Agree
Upvote 0