the Great Basin
✟325,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"President Donald Trump pressed then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to help persuade the Justice Department to drop a criminal case against an Iranian-Turkish gold trader who was a client of Rudy Giuliani, according to three people familiar with the 2017 meeting in the Oval Office.

"Tillerson refused, arguing it would constitute interference in an ongoing investigation of the trader, Reza Zarrab, according to the people. They said other participants in the Oval Office were shocked by the request."

It will be interesting to see what further comes out on this story, but it would be yet another crime committed by the President. It also points out, again, how the President works like a "mob boss" (assuming the story is true) wanting one of his top officials to "do the dirty work" of stopping the investigation, so Trump would not be the one actually "committing the crime."

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It will be interesting to see what further comes out on this story,

That's easy. Trump or one of his acolytes will start spreading stories about how Biden/Clinton/<insert republican boogey man here> was the one really involved in Iranian-Turksih gold trading treason, using the time honored logic that if someone else did it and got away with it, it means it's not a crime when I do it.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's easy. Trump or one of his acolytes will start spreading stories about how Biden/Clinton/<insert republican boogey man here> was the one really involved in Iranian-Turksih gold trading treason, using the time honored logic that if someone else did it and got away with it, it means it's not a crime when I do it.
Deep State!!!!!!
Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It will be interesting to see what further comes out on this story

Tangentially related, but...

Trump directed Treasury, DOJ to address Erdoğan 'concerns' about Turkish bank

It is the first public U.S. admission of Trump directing Cabinet officials, in this case in Treasury and the Department of Justice, to involve themselves with Erdoğan’s concerns around Halkbank, a Turkish state-owned bank indicted last month by federal prosecutors for allegedly funneling billions of dollars to Iran in violation of U.S. sanctions.

Both Erdoğan and Albayrak have earlier been implicated as conspirators in the federal case against Halkbank, their names given in testimony by Reza Zarrab, a Turkish-Iranian gold trader identified as the mastermind behind the sanctions evasion scheme, which resulted in the transfer of $20 billion to Iran between, at least, 2012 and 2015.

In 2017, Giuliani, who was at the time the lawyer for Zarrab, convinced Trump to pressure then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to drop the criminal charges against the gold trader, according to a report by Bloomberg. Tillerson refused.

I can't wait for everyone who was upset about Obama returning Iranian money to Iran to get upset about billions of dollars of other people's money being routed to Iran. Literally, I can't wait, because I know it's not going to happen. And I have stuff to do.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Butter emails!

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Trump directed Treasury, DOJ to address Erdoğan 'concerns' about Turkish bank

It is the first public U.S. admission of Trump directing Cabinet officials, in this case in Treasury and the Department of Justice, to involve themselves with Erdoğan’s concerns around Halkbank, a Turkish state-owned bank indicted last month by federal prosecutors for allegedly funneling billions of dollars to Iran in violation of U.S. sanctions.

Trump offered to help Turkey's leader avoid a Justice Department probe
Bolton writes that in December 2018, Trump offered to help Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan with a Justice Department investigation into a Turkish bank with ties to Erdogan that was suspected of violating US Iran sanctions. When the Turkish leader presented Trump with a memo from the law firm representing Halkbank, Trump flipped through it and then declared he believed the bank was totally innocent of violating US sanctions related to Iran.

Trump told Erdogan he would "take care of things," and explained that the Southern District prosecutors "were not his people, but were Obama people," and the problem would be fixed when they were replaced by his people.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
There's not going to be a second impeachment. The GOP has firmly placed themselves on the side of Donald. He can do no wrong, and anyone who so much as investigates him must themselves be investigated for such disloyalty.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There's not going to be a second impeachment. The GOP has firmly placed themselves on the side of Donald. He can do no wrong, and anyone who so much as investigates him must themselves be investigated for such disloyalty.

If he managed to scrape a second term then he might well be impeached again. The polling numbers in the senate are looking horrible for Republicans at the moment.

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If he managed to scrape a second term then he might well be impeached again. The polling numbers in the senate are looking horrible for Republicans at the moment.

Don't be naive; the fix is in.

China... Turkey... these are just one ones we caught.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lord Vega

King NES
Jun 13, 2020
Clearwater, FL
✟17,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I agree with you. Trump could do something audacious like issue a hit on Hillary, and people like myself who support him will continue supporting him. Trump is a “make America great again!” sort of guy, and that’s what matters most.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you. Trump could do something audacious like issue a hit on Hillary, and people like myself who support him will continue supporting him. Trump is a “make America great again!” sort of guy, and that’s what matters most.

Please tell me that was a joke..

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Pretty much what I've been saying for a while... for the price of a few shiny trinkets and some pie in the sky promises, his followers will obediently agree, repeat, believe, or overlook anything as needed.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
You don’t even know what it means for America to be great. It’s just a thing you say, but it doesn’t mean anything.

Question - when was this period of greatness you want to get back to? Give me some years.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,106.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't know, a few weeks in mid-October of government officials testifying that the incumbent tried to get the Chinese government to interfere in our elections seems like an interesting idea to me.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Please tell me that was a joke..
Sadly, there are many places on the internet where devout trump supporters are actually calling for the arrest and execution of Obama, Clinton, Biden, etc..

It has gotten to that point here in the USofA.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
but it would be yet another crime committed by the President

I wasn't aware that there was a first crime committed yet. Innocent until proven guilty is one thing we need to hold onto.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't aware that there was a first crime committed yet. Innocent until proven guilty is one thing we need to hold onto.
If ALL the evidence points towards guilt, then the trial judgement is mere formality.

trumps entire life has been one criminal enterprise after another. Racial discrimination lawsuits, trump foundation fraud, trump university fraud, 3000+ business lawsuits, sexual abuse and harrassement lawsuits, etc.. Why would you think his presidencey would be any different?

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If ALL the evidence points towards guilt, then the trial judgement is mere formality.

trumps entire life has been one criminal enterprise after another. Racial discrimination lawsuits, trump foundation fraud, trump university fraud, 3000+ business lawsuits, sexual abuse and harrassement lawsuits, etc.. Why would you think his presidencey would be any different?

If I were to accuse you of the same then it must be true. Would you then report straight to jail for your crimes? You would think that if he committed any crimes someone would be competent enough to prove at least one accusation. So far they have failed to show any proof at all. They just throw out accusations and people assume it to be true.

Out of everything you listed can you show any proof at all that a crime was committed?

Upvote 0