It’s reasonable to fire 55 times into a sleeping African American!

Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lets not act like there isnt racism, oppression and favortism strongly rooted in this country

Of course whites get killed sometimes too but it hurts me to see what blacks go through and how many whites act non chalant about it. As Christians we need to speak out more about the favortism, racism and oppression. The lack of equal opportunity, the imprisonment of black men. And also the kids dont recieve the same eduation growing up in cities and thats a disadvantage when it comes time for college

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lets not act like there isnt racism, oppression and favortism strongly rooted in this country

Of course whites get killed sometimes too but it hurts me to see what blacks go through and how many whites act non chalant about it. As Christians we need to speak out more about the favortism, racism and oppression. The lack of equal opportunity, the imprisonment of black men. And also the kids dont recieve the same eduation growing up in cities and thats a disadvantage when it comes time for college
More whites are shot than blacks. And black officers are many times involved in police brutality, so im having a hard time seeing cops as overly racist against blacks

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
More whites are shot than blacks. And black officers are many times involved in police brutality, so im having a hard time seeing cops as overly racist against blacks
Not just cops but the system. What im saying has truth to it. I am white and my white privilege has at times blinded me to what blacks have to go through. They really are at a disadvantage in this country.

Blacks lives matters wasnt just looking for attention. They just wanted to be heard, they're tired of nobody listening

And sadly nobody did listen. They were mocked and disrespected

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not just cops but the system. What im saying has truth to it. I am white and my white privilege has at times blinded me to what blacks have to go through. They really are at a disadvantage in this country.

Blacks lives matters wasnt just looking for attention. They just wanted to be heard, they're tired of nobody listening

And sadly nobody did listen. They were mocked and disrespected
Conservatives are mocked and disrespected. Admit to that and you might gain allies.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This the guy asleep in the car? Why not smash the window and taze him?

There are way too many trigger happy cops. The fact they get away with manslaughter 9 times out of 10 probably isn't helping that fact either.
A tazor against a gun, is that wise?

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Conservatives are mocked and disrespected. Admit to that and you might gain allies.
Conservatives and Liberals both.
Unfortunately the devil seeks to divide us as many ways as possible. Divide and conquer by turning us against one another

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The other great assumption that is made is that a black man with a gun must be treated with deadly force. I would think that you should at least make the attempt to use a weapon and that merely being armed is not equated to death.

The fact that police officers stood around a car with their guns drawn and talked amongst themselves for several minutes about yanking a man out of a car with a weapon demonstrates a desire to shoot no matter what. How does any of that make sense? This could have easily been resolved with a perimeter and demand for him to exit the vehicle with his hands up, but no, they simply unload on him without announcing their presence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The other great assumption that is made is that a black man with a gun must be treated with deadly force. I would think that you should at least make the attempt to use a weapon and that merely being armed is not equated to death.

The fact that police officers stood around a car with their guns drawn and talked amongst themselves for several minutes about yanking a man out of a car with a weapon demonstrates a desire to shoot no matter what. How does any of that make sense? This could have easily been resolved with a perimeter and demand for him to exit the vehicle with his hands up, but no, they simply unload on him without announcing their presence.
They should answer for that. Why did they shoot?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,036.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Whites are never shot by police?
Read carefully:
"I'm not willing to say it's a race issue". Geez. It's funny when people who downplay other people making a race issue then turn around and CREATE a race issue when I'm clearly saying it's likely not

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Police Body-Cam Video Appears to Show Willie McCoy Sleeping Before He Was Fatally Shot

From the NY Times March 31st.

“I have a person unresponsive to car horn honks in my drive-through,” a Taco Bell employee could be heard saying, adding: “He’s unresponsive. I’ve already had, like, people try to knock on the window. I have no idea what’s going on.”

“in fact, the gun was loaded with an extended 14-round magazine, extending past the grip.”

The Wikipedia article is pretty good and sheds some more light.

Shooting of Willie McCoy - Wikipedia

On Wednesday, April 11, 2018, Willie McCoy was arrested for kidnapping and human trafficking by San Francisco police; Oakland police subsequently served a search warrant on Willie McCoy's residence, seizing "numerous" firearms.

It is unclear what McCoy's role was in the theft of a .40 caliber semi-automatic handgun he was carrying when he died.

The footage captured an officer saying that McCoy had on his lap a gun with its magazine "half out" such that McCoy would have at most one shot available (or an extended 14-round magazine, extending past the grip)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,147.00
Faith
Christian
Lots of questions to be answered

How are cops so scared of one guy that they have to shoot 55 times at a non-moving target?
Why couldn't the police pull back to safety and simply wake the guy up by other means, then demand he exit the car?
Did the police stop to think that shooting off 55 bullets in a suburban area might be a tiny bit dangerous?
Were the original kidnapping charges dropped? How else does someone on those charged manage to be out of jail one year after the offence?

And I love this bit "that they probably continued to fire due in part to “acute stress” and “chaos caused by the sounds of gunfire, debris, and weapons mounted lights reflecting off the shattered windshield”."

In other words, we shot our guns and scared ourselves so much we had to keep shooting our guns, which scared us, which meant we had to keep.....

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Police fired 55 times at Willie McCoy. An investigation called it 'reasonable'

Seriously 55 shots to take down someone sleeping, who at most as police officers stated before slaughtering him, had one bullet in the gun, that had no magazine in it.

Got to be honest here, Americans do seem "trigger happy" in a lot of cases.

When I cross trained with American military personnel during my time in the Forces, though they were a bunch of great people, they did seem a bit more "gung-ho" and "have-a-go-hero" than our lot.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How's he police is supposed to know there's only one bullet and no magazine in the gun. And was he really a sleep. People that hate cops tend to lie.

CCW, I'm impressed! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Of course whites get killed sometimes too but it hurts me to see what blacks go through and how many whites act non chalant about it. As Christians we need to speak out more about the favortism,

What do the black churchmen (and women) say about this problem?

Upvote 0