Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not indicting a whole race of people.
Most people of Jewish heritage have no idea what is in the Talmud.

Do you deny that the Talmud makes derogatory remarks about Christ?

Why do you keep asking, "Do you deny ___?" That tone in and of itself is indicting. "Mr. Rank... do you deny that the Talmud has made derogatory comments about our beloved Messiah?"

Listen... there are a few INFERENCES to Christians and to their "leader" in the Talmud but most Christian scholars, believe it or not... believe those were added later because of actions of Christians. In other words, it was in reaction to us. We have done it too... we have passed decrees deliberately to not appear Jewish. At the Council of Elvira for example, a decree was passed that said we are not to eat the food of the Jews nor have Jews come bless our lands. Another council demanded that Christians not rest on the Jewish Sabbath. What is missed by these decrees is that enough Christians must still have been doing them to warrant a decree... but I digress. My point is... we have reacted to them and they have reacted to us. We have a history where Jews have been forced to be Baptized... you do know that right? Some have even been killed for not eating pork. And yet you seem to think they should just embrace us and our truth with open arms? That is actually arrogant and part of the reason why they reject us. And they will continue to reject us, and our message, until enough Christians stop treating them like this and build relationships instead.

This thread was about an Israeli law that DOES NOT EXIST. You have not produced that law code which means you must recognize it does not exist. So with that point lost you will what... keep going to the well until you finally find an "a-ha" moment against me? Time to move on to another subject... we are not edifying to one another here.

Shalom and Brakhot.
Ken

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not indicting a whole race of people.
Most people of Jewish heritage have no idea what is in the Babylonian Talmud.

Do you deny that the Talmud makes derogatory remarks about Christ?

Here is an Orthodox rabbi "parroting" from the Talmud.

One last thing... if you want me to, I can go on Youtube and find enough crazy Christians to make us all look nuts. I think I will start with the Westboro Baptist Church and go from there... they are might the extreme they there are MANY not far from them. That is all you are doing... you are finding the crazy stuff and indicting them all and then saying you are not but you really are.

The thing is... you are looking for the crazy stuff and applying it all to them and then are blind to them seeing Westboro and others like them and then rejecting us and you can't fathom why. Open your eyes and stop parroting University Professors and Youtube videos. Be a good Berean and STUDY it out yourself... that is what a good Berean does. And if you don't know how, seriously, I would be happy to show you some methods. Not doctrines, I don't seek for you to believe as I do... I just would like to see you go to a source and make your points after having STUDIED IT rather than just repeat what others are saying.

Be blessed.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be a good Berean and STUDY it out yourself... that is what a good Berean does.

Mar_7:13  Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

The Babylonian Talmud, which was written after 70 AD by lost rabbis, cannot be a source of truth for the Body of Christ.
It is the "tradition" of men, instead of God's holy word found in the Bible.

It has also been used by modern Judaisers who cannot "cast out" the Sinai Covenant as Paul compelled the Galatian believers to do in Galatians chapter 4.

My "STUDY" of the Babylonian Talmud has revealed the "tradition" that comes from men.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Mar_7:13  Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

The Babylonian Talmud, which was written after 70 AD by lost rabbis, cannot be a source of truth for the Body of Christ.
It is the "tradition" of men, instead of God's holy word found in the Bible.

It has also been used by modern Judaisers who cannot "cast out" the Sinai Covenant as Paul compelled the Galatian believers to do in Galatians chapter 4.

My "STUDY" of the Babylonian Talmud has revealed the "tradition" that comes from men.

You have proven to me (and anyone who knows the Talmud) that you have not studied it... you have parroted the conclusions of others. Even your comment, "written after 70AD by lost Rabbis" both demeans the people and is historically inaccurate anyway because the Talmud was compiled a couple of hundred years LATER.

My last comment to you... I can show both Yeshua and Paul doing things only found in the Talmud. All that was rebuked was that which stood opposed to Torah. But events like the Water Libation Ceremony done at the end of Sukkot (Tabernacles) which Yeshua stood by and spoke about rivers of living water is a Talmud based gathering. No rebuke by HIM... but you sure seem to have an issue.

Anyway... like I said... nothing edifying here, I won't reply anymore to this thread.

Be well.

PS... at some point you could have admitted you were wrong about the law in Israel. But admissions like that are hard for many.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even your comment, "written after 70AD by lost Rabbis" both demeans the people and is historically inaccurate anyway because the Talmud was compiled a couple of hundred years LATER.

You do understand that "a couple of hundred years later" would be after 70 AD, right?

Your value of the Babylonian Talmud has been made quite clear during our discussion here.

Were those rabbis who wrote the Talmud lost?

1Jn 2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 
1Jn 2:23  Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 

The most "demeaning" thing you can do for any person is to not tell them the truth about Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You do understand that "a couple of hundred years later" would be after 70 AD, right?

If I were a betting man I would have laid down $100 you would have come back with that! :) Including "after 70AD" would be like saying, "Trump became President after the Spanish American War!" Nice try.... they didn't even begin to compile and write the Talmud until the 200's and that ended in like the 400's in bulk... more was added later. Shall we try for, "Trump became President after the KJV was translated? :)

Your value of the Babylonian Talmud has been made quite clear during our discussion here.

I don't place a value on it... I was >>VERY<< specific when I said that like a Christian COMMENTARY, we might be able to glean something from it (especially the Hebraic mindset closer to the time of Messiah when the NT was written as that effects context) but that THE SCRIPTURES are the final authority... period... end of story. Again, nice try.

Were those rabbis who wrote the Talmud lost?

Not all... and what does "lost" mean, that they didn't come to a saving knowledge of Yeshua when you think they were supposed to? Got news for you, brother, Yeshua and Paul were rabbis... you are probably one who has lots to say about Pharisees but who has no idea that there were two different sects of Pharisees at that time and that only one received most of the rebukes. But you have all the answers...

The most "demeaning" thing you can do for any person is to not tell them the truth about Christ.

OK... that has nothing to do with this thread. You have repeatedly decided to ignore the fact that you were wrong. There is no Israeli Law that says a Christian can't preach the gospel and yet you want to continue to whine about persecution. Persecution, brother... is when you watch your wife get raped in front of you and then they kill her and then take your head off. That is what some Christians are facing around the world and you want to put your time into a fight about a law that doesn't even exist??

We have said enough... no more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not all... and what does "lost" mean, that they didn't come to a saving knowledge of Yeshua when you think they were supposed to? Got news for you, brother, Yeshua and Paul were rabbis... you are probably one who has lots to say about Pharisees but who has no idea that there were two different sects of Pharisees at that time and that only one received most of the rebukes. But you have all the answers...

No. The text of the Bible has the answers.

If you think some of the rabbis who wrote the Babylonian Talmud had no faith in Christ, but still came to salvation, then you have answers that are not in the Bible.

The Apostle Paul stated that he considered his past life as a Jewish rabbi, as "dung".

Php 3:1  Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. 

Php 3:2  Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. 

Php 3:3  For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. 

Php 3:4  Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: 

Php 3:5  Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 

Php 3:6  Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. 

Php 3:7  But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 

Php 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 

Php 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 

Php 3:10  That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 

Php 3:11  If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. The text of the Bible has the answers.

If you think some of the rabbis who wrote the Babylonian Talmud had no faith in Christ, but still came to salvation, then you have answers that are not in the Bible.

The Apostle Paul stated that he considered his past life as a Jewish rabbi, as "dung".

Php 3:1  Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. 

Php 3:2  Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. 

Php 3:3  For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. 

Php 3:4  Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: 

Php 3:5  Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; 

Php 3:6  Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. 

Php 3:7  But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. 

Php 3:8  Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, 

Php 3:9  And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: 

Php 3:10  That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 

Php 3:11  If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. 

Talk about a rabbit trail to cover up a hole you dug. Again, this thread is about an "alleged" law in Israel >>THAT DOES NOT EXIST<< and you have been crying foul and ascribing an evil motive over a fallacy. So, rabbit trails... I answer you ignore and make more accusations then I answer and you ignore and make more accusations.

We're done... have your last word because I won't write in this thread again after this.

Upvote 0