Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No.

Not to my knowledge no...

Palestinians expell jews from their land.
Ok, so, if Jews make being ethnically Jewish a parameter within Israel and marginalize Arabs, Christians of any race, and Messianic Jews, and those within the Palestinian territories expell Jews, and sometimes target Christians, both sides have issues.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well I wouldn't worry about it...making sure the state of Israel can't be bought out from under their feet is hardly mass extermination.

Is Israel afraid that the state is going to be "bought out from under their feet"?

I wasn't even aware it was for sale.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Because one could arguably buy Israel out from under their feet....and decide to expel the jews.

Is their government for sale? I thought it was just the US on the market...

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Is Israel afraid that the state is going to be "bought out from under their feet"?

I wasn't even aware it was for sale.

I'm just pointing out that seems like a rather legitimate reason to limit who can and cannot buy land there.

When you have several of your neighbors arguing about which land is yours and which isn't...it's probably a good idea to make sure you get to keep the final say.

Upvote 0

MariaJLM

Crazy Cat Lady
Aug 1, 2018
Calgary
✟50,815.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
CA-Others
Since this is still going I'll just say this: God is not a real estate agent. Actual devout religious Jews know this. According to their theology there is not supposed to be a Jewish state until their Messiah comes. Most of the Zionists are either atheist/secular Jews who don't care about theology in the first place or Evangelical Christians who are trying to usher in the End Times.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Had it given to them fair and square...

Yeah...if we aren't recognizing the law as determining who "owns" the land, what are we recognizing?

Ottomans ruled that area for 400 years. That means for 400 years, other nations and the people who lived in Palestine itself recognized the Ottoman sovereignty over that land. So when the Ottomans recognized British sovereignty over that land....it was British land. To say otherwise would be like saying that the 400 years the Ottomans had authority over that land, it wasn't really theirs, even though the people living there and everyone else said it was.

Now, I understand why the Palestinians may not have liked British rule...but the reality is that they were under British rule. The Ottomans who previously had sovereignty of that land ceded it to the British.

Legally speaking, that means it's British land....theirs to do with as they please. I'm sure you know what the British did with it...so I'm not sure what argument, if any, can be made for the Palestinians.

When the Palestinians chose to fight for that land...I honestly feel like that was their last "legal" bid for Palestine. War itself is a sort of legal challenge. They lost....badly. It's only by the compassion and kindness of the Israeli people that Palestinians have anything at all.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Legally speaking, that means it's British land....theirs to do with as they please. I'm sure you know what the British did with it...so I'm not sure what argument, if any, can be made for the Palestinians.
They lived there, had done for a long time before the British or the Ottomans.

When the Palestinians chose to fight for that land...I honestly feel like that was their last "legal" bid for Palestine. War itself is a sort of legal challenge. They lost....badly.
But they haven't surrendered yet.
It's only by the compassion and kindness of the Israeli people that Palestinians have anything at all.
That's OK--the Israelis are gradually taking it away from them.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They lived there, had done for a long time before the British or the Ottomans.

So what? So did the Jewish people. The important thing here is that they recognized the sovereignty of the Ottomans...to invalidate the Israeli claim is to say

"Yeah, the Palestinians accepted Ottoman authority for 400 years, but it wasn't really Ottoman territory the entire time!"

But they haven't surrendered yet.That's OK--the Israelis are gradually taking it away from them.

Surrendered or not...Israel took all the territory Palestine now has and rather kindly gave it back. Palestine has had many opportunities to have something, rather than nothing, and they've always balked and chose a losing fight instead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, so, this is a re-think. After hearing multiple views within Eastern Orthodoxy, and trying to find a balance.... here's what I think.....

God allowed the Jewish people to return politically and demographically to their Land. That was Him. He was with them, and with the general idea. But He is not pleased with how the Jewish people have behaved in the Land of Israel, towards Palestinians, Christians, Messianic Jews, and their own people.

Christ is still waiting for most of them to turn towards Him...

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If He is, then He must be an expensive one. :) What do realtors normally charge? 6%? 3%? God commands 10%.

And we're not exactly talking about primo real estate here... it's small, it's uncomfortable, and the neighbors aren't particularly friendly.

Mark Twain, having visited Jerusalem, famously quipped how the Second Coming wasn't going to happen any time soon... having been there once, Jesus wouldn't be in any hurry to go back.

• Haha
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums