• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Is Yeshua YHWH?

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by SonWorshipper, Jul 23, 2003.

1. SonWorshipper

SonWorshipper Old Timer

+30
    Messianic
    I didnt' see deserted on your list. Have you a copy of the New Hebratic roots Bible translation from the Hebrew?

2. The Thadman

The Thadman Well-Known Member

+58
    Pagan
    Married
    US-Others
    Shvaq is not a Hebrew word; therefore it wouldn't be translated from Hebrew. :)

I don't have a copy of the New Hebraic Roots Bible.

Shlomo,
    -Steve-o

3. The Thadman

+58
    Pagan
    Married
    US-Others
    Shvaqtonee is in the past ("perfect" in Aramaic jargon), 2nd person singular with the reflexive first-person pronoun on it. It litterally means "you allowed me."

Shlomo,
    -Steve-o

4. Woodsy

Woodsy Returned From Afar. Supporter

+265
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    "Father, Father, why did you allow me?"

5. SonWorshipper

SonWorshipper Old Timer

+30
    Messianic
    That seems unfinnished to me, if I am understanding this correctly.

Why have you allowed me.............?

Allowed me to......?

6. The Thadman

+58
    Pagan
    Married
    US-Others
    Paired up with "lama" (or "lmono" in modern dialect, both of which mean "for what?; for what reason?") it comes out to:

"My God! My God! For what reason did you allow me?"

I know that it's rough in english (but Aramaic usually is). (Wait until I get into a conversation of Pa`el ("statitive") and Aph`el ("causative") verbs! One Aramaic verb can stretch into 10 words in English.)

Anyways, getting back to the point:

Why was he let down to earth again? A few moments later he cried out and gave his life on the cross for all of our sins. :)

Shlomo,
    -Steve-o

7. Athanasian Creed

Athanasian Creed Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide, Solus Christus !!!

+148
    Christian
    CA-Conservatives
    From reading nearly all the posts, it seems as if SonWorshipper is a modern day Modalist and Sabian is a modern day Arian !!

For the record, no where in God's Word does it say Jesus is the Father - He is God's Son - God the Son - 2nd Person of the Elohim (Godhead) Not ever before, nor now, nor in the future will Jesus be the Father. The Father is the Father, the Son (Word) is the Son (Word) and the Spirit is the Spirit - One God in Three Divine Persons (Unity in Trinity)
    Jesus said no one has seen the Father but that He came to reveal Him.
    Yet in the OT we have Theophanies (manifestations of God in other forms) - to Adam/Eve, Abraham, Jacob, at the account of the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah, etc. If no one has seen the Father (and obviously as well the Holy Spirit) who did they see who was clearly indentified as God ??? The answer is the pre-incarnate Son (Word)

As far as Is 9:6 - everlasting Father is properly rendered "Father of Eternity" - the Hebrew denotes ownership NOT that Jesus is the Father (or the HS for that matter !) Jehovah's Witnesses (Arians) claim "mighty God" is not the same as ALmighty God (Jehovah) yet in chapter 10 we see reference to Jacob's God (Jehovah)being referred to as "the mighty God" SonWorshipper has rightfully pointed out scriptures such as Rev 1/Is 43/Psalms where it clearly points to Jesus being Jehovah God. The apostle Thomas' declaration to Jesus in the Greek is properly rendered "The Lord of me and the God of me" or "My Lord God Jehovah" :bow:

The ONLY possible scripture which MAY point to the dissolving of the Trinity may be I Cor 15:27(b)-28 where it says "When He has done this (subjected all things to Christ), then the Son Himself will be made subject to Him who put everything under Him, so that GOD MAY BE ALL IN ALL" (NIV) I could be misunderstanding this passage - if anyone else has any insight, plse post away.

That's my .02 worth (Canadian $$$ at that ;) )

Ray

8. Ruhama

Ruhama 25 'הושע ב

+16
    Messianic
    Why have you allowed me...?

WOW that totally changes the meaning I am so struck by this.

Seems to me that is much more on the forefront of a suffering person's mind - why have you allowed me to undergo this? - rather than Why have you left me?
    He prayed in the Garden to have it averted, just as we would, and then cried why did you still allow it, even as much as I begged you not to? This was perhaps his greatest fear as a human, that he would come to this - and God did not save him from it.

Why? When God could have used some other way? I really believe he could have, and chose this to show the utmost of his love to us.

Thanks for pointing that out Thadman.

9. SonWorshipper

SonWorshipper Old Timer

+30
    Messianic
    Steve............................

Why was he let down to earth again?

10. SonWorshipper

SonWorshipper Old Timer

+30
    Messianic
    Questions for anyone

1. When does G-d the Father appear ( timeline or Book of Bible)?
    2. Concerning the Trinity belief, how does one get three "persons" from G-d the Father, Son and HS? If G-d the Father is invisable, but manifests himself in visable form through Yeshua, and when Yeshua physically departed He send the HS ( which he said he could not do until he left), how do you get three? I see 1 Body , 1 Spirit.

3. To fully understand what I have been presenting one must know that the Word must be divided, time wise. From all the Books Genesis to Jude as the part that explains G-ds salvation plan in the making. And separate from that G-ds salvation plan in its completion through Revelation.

The Revelation given to John was from G-d himself, but sort of recognized by John as the "Son of man" meaning he had a form resembling a human, but in a much different way, hense why John fainted dead away. He is described as the Ancient of Days, His appearence ( as I have posted scripture to show) is the same as the Ancient of Days, but the difference from when He was on earth has to be understood.

He is no longer the servant.

He said He who is least amoung you, shall be great. Does this not speak of himself first?

4. If there is G-d the Father and G-d the Son and they are two separate beings ( persons) then doesn't that mean there are two G-ds? And then that nullifys Deut. 6:4 which was also reiterates by Yeshua himself in Mark 12:29.

11. SonWorshipper

SonWorshipper Old Timer

+30
    Messianic
    Athanasian Creed

Since you want to put a label on what I believe can you tell me if you have ever seen presented from a "Modilist" viewpoint what I have presented in my 2 OP's?

12. Woodsy

+265
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    This is a fascinating thread. Are there bodies of active believers today who deny Yeshua's deity?
    I guess it could be said that Yeshua wasn't exactly very clear on the issue.
    Also, John 1:1 is most often the prooftext, but can anyone tell me where Yesua is referred to as the Word or the Logos in the NT?
    Is that Arianism?

13. Sabian

Sabian Member

+5
    àìä? àìåä?
    'e?lo^ahh 'e?lo^ahh
    el-o'-ah, el-o'-ah
    (The second form is rare); probably prolonged (emphatically) from H410; a deity or the deity: - God, god. See H430.

H455

àìéçá?à
    'elyachba^'
    el-yakh-baw'
    From H410 and H2244; EL will hide; Elyachba, an Israelite: - Eliahbah.

H468

àìéöå?ø
    'e?li^ytsu^r
    el-ee-tsoor'
    From H410 and H6697; EL of (the) rock; Elitsur, an Israelite: - Elizur.

H471

àìé÷éí
    'elya^qi^ym
    el-yaw-keem'
    From H410 and H6965; EL of raising; Eljakim, the name of four Israelites: - Eliakim.

H472

àìéù?áò
    'e?li^ysheba?
    el-ee-sheh'-bah
    From H410 and H7651 (in the sense of H7650); El of (the) oath; Elisheba, the wife of Aaron: - Elisheba.
    H474

àìéù?å?ò
    'e?li^yshu^a?
    el-ee-shoo'-ah
    From H410 and H7769; EL of supplication (or of riches); Elishua, a son of King David: - Elishua.
    H475

àìéù?éá
    'elya^shi^yb
    el-yaw-sheeb'
    From H410 and H7725; EL will restore; Elyashib, the name of six Israelites: - Eliashib.
    H476

àìéù?îò
    'e?li^ysha^ma^?
    el-ee-shaw-maw'
    From H410 and H8085; EL of hearing; Elishama, the name of seven Israelites: - Elishama.

H478

àìéù?ôè
    'e?li^ysha^pha^t?
    el-ee-shaw-fawt'
    From H410 and H8199; EL of judgment; Elishaphat, an Israelite: - Elishaphat.

H493

àìðòí
    'elna?am
    el-nah'-am
    From H410 and H5276; EL (is his) delight; Elnaam, an Israelite: - Elnaam.

H494

àìðúï
    'elna^tha^n
    el-naw-thawn'
    From H410 and H5414; EL (is the) giver; Elnathan, the name of four Israelites: - Elnathan.

H496

àìòã
    'el?a^d
    el-awd'
    From H410 and H5749; EL has testified; Elad, an Israelite: - Elead.

H497

àìòãä
    'el?a^da^h
    el-aw-daw'
    From H410 and H5710; EL has decked; Eladah, an Israelite: - Eladah.

H498

àìòå?æé
    'el?u^zay
    el-oo-zah'ee
    From H410 and H5756 (in the sense of H5797);EL (is) defensive; Eluzai, an Israelite: - Eluzai.

H499

àìòæø
    'el?a^za^r
    el-aw-zawr'
    From H410 and H5826; EL(is) helper; Elazar, the name of seven Israelites: - Eleazar.
    H500

àìòìä àìòìà
    'el?a^le^' 'el?a^le^h
    el-aw-lay', el-aw-lay'
    From H410 and H5927; EL (is) going up; Elale or Elaleh, a place east of the Jordan: - Elealeh.
    H501

àìòù?ä
    'el?a^s´a^h
    el-aw-saw'
    From H410 and H6213; EL has made; Elasah, the name of four Israelites: - Elasah, Eleasah.

àìô?òì
    'elpa?al
    el-pah'-al
    From H410 and H6466; EL (is) act; Elpaal, an Israelite: - Elpaal.
    H511

àì÷ðä
    'elqa^na^h
    el-kaw-naw'
    From H410 and H7069; ELhas obtained; Elkanah, the name of seven Israelites: - Elkanah.
    H513

àìú?åìã
    'elto^lad
    el-to-lad'
    Probably from H410 and a masculine form of H8435 (compare H8434); EL (is) generator; Eltolad, a place in Palestine: - Eltolad.

H515

àìú?÷ï
    'elteqo^n
    el-te-kone'
    From H410 and H8626; EL(is) straight; Eltekon, a place in Palestine: - Eltekon.
    H1008

á?éú?àì
    be^yth-'e^l
    bayth-ale'
    From H1004 and H410; house of EL; Beth-El, a place in Palestine: - Beth-EL.

H1182

á?òìéãò
    be?elya^da^?
    beh-el-yaw-daw'
    From H1168 and H3045; Baal has known; Beeljada, an Israelite: - Beeliada.
    H3317

éôú?ç?àì
    yiphtach-'e^l
    yif-tach-ale'
    From H6605 and H410; EL will open; Yiphtach-el, a place in Palestine: - Yiphthah-el.
    H4027

îâã?ì?àì
    migdal-'e^l
    mig-dal-ale'
    From H4026 and H410; tower of EL; Migdal-El, a place in Palestine: - Migdal-EL.
    H5192

ðèì
    ne^t?el
    nay'-tel
    From H5190; a burden: - weighty.

H5945

òìéåï
    ?elyo^n
    el-yone'
    From H5927; an elevation, that is, (adjectively) lofty (comparatively); as title, the Supreme: - (Most, on) high (-er, -est), upper (-most).

H5946

òìéåï
    ?elyo^n
    el-yone'
    (Chaldee); corresponding to H5945; the supreme: - Most high.

H6628

öàì
    tse'el
    tseh'-el
    From an unused root meaning to be slender; the lotus tree: - shady tree.

H6753

öììô?åðé
    tselelpo^ni^y
    tsel-el-po-nee'
    From H6752 and the active participle of H6437; shade facing; Tselelponi, an Israelitess: - Hazelelponi [includ. the article.]

G31

á?ããåëé?á
    aggelia
    ang-el-ee'-ah
    From G32; an announcement, that is, (by implication) precept: - message.

G32

á??ããåëïò
    aggelos
    ang'-el-os
    From á?ããå?ëëù aggello¯ (probably derived from G71; compare G34; to bring tidings); a messenger; especially an "angel"; by implication a pastor: - angel, messenger.

G1636

å?ëáé?á
    elaia
    el-ah'-yah
    Feminine of a presumed derivative from an obsolete primary; an olive (the tree or the fruit): - olive (berry, tree).

G1637

å??ëáéïí
    elaion
    el'-ah-yon
    Neuter of the same as G1636; olive oil: - oil.

G1638

å?ëáéù?í
    elaio¯n
    el-ah-yone'
    From G1636; an olive orchard, that is, (specifically) the Mount of Olives: - Olivet.

G1653

å?ëåå?ù
    eleeo¯
    el-eh-eh'-o
    From G1656; to compassionate (by word or deed, specifically by divine grace): - have compassion (pity on), have (obtain, receive, shew) mercy (on).

G1654

å?ëåçìïóõ?íç
    elee¯mosune¯
    el-eh-ay-mos-oo'-nay
    From G1656; compassionateness, that is, (as exercised towards the poor) beneficence, or (concretely) a benefaction: - alms (-deeds).

G1655

å?ëåç?ìùí
    elee¯mo¯n
    el-eh-ay'-mone
    From G1653; compassionate (actively): - merciful.
    G1656

å??ëåïò
    eleos
    el'-eh-os
    Of uncertain affinity; compassion (human or divine, especially active): - (+ tender) mercy.

G1657

å?ëåõèåñé?á
    eleutheria
    el-yoo-ther-ee'-ah
    From G1658; freedom (legitimate or licentious, chiefly moral or ceremonial): - liberty.

G1658

å?ëåõ?èåñïò
    eleutheros
    el-yoo'-ther-os
    Probably from the alternate of G2064; unrestrained (to go at pleasure), that is, (as a citizen) not a slave (whether freeborn or manumitted), or (generally) exempt (from obligation or liability): - free (man, woman), at liberty.

G1659

å?ëåõèåñï?ù
    eleutheroo¯
    el-yoo-ther-o'-o
    From G1658; to liberate, that is, (figuratively) to exempt (from moral, ceremonial or mortal liability): - deliver, make free.

G1660

å??ëåõóéò
    eleusis
    el'-yoo-sis
    From the alternate of G2064; an advent: - coming.
    G1664

Å?ëéïõ?ä
    Elioud
    el-ee-ood'
    Of Hebrew origin ([H410] and [H1935]); EL of majesty; Eliud, an Israelite: - Eliud.
    å?ëðé?ò
    elpis
    el-pece'
    Fromå??ëðù elpo¯ which is a primary word (to anticipate, usually with pleasure); expectation (abstract or concrete) or confidence: - faith, hope.
    G1816

å?îáíáôå?ëëù
    exanatello¯
    ex-an-at-el'-lo
    From G1537 and G393; to start up out of the ground, that is, germinate: - spring up.

G1860

å?ðáããåëé?á
    epaggelia
    ep-ang-el-ee'-ah
    From G1861; an announcement (for information, assent or pledge; especially a divine assurance of good): - message, promise.

G1862

å?ðá?ããåëìá
    epaggelma
    ep-ang'-el-mah
    From G1861; a self committal (by assurance of conferring some good): - promise.
    G2309

èå?ëù, å?èå?ëù
    thelo¯ ethelo¯
    thel'-o, eth-el'-o
    Either the first or the second form may be used. In certain tenses èåëå?ù theleo¯ thel-eh'-o (and å?èå?ëå?ù etheleo¯ eth-el-eh'-o) are used, which are otherwise obsolete; apparently strengthened from the alternate form of G138; to determine (as an active voice option from subjective impulse; whereas G1014 properly denotes rather a passive voice acquiescence in objective considerations), that is, choose or prefer (literally or figuratively); by implication to wish, that is, be inclined to (sometimes adverbially gladly); impersonally for the future tense, to be about to; by Hebraism to delight in: - desire, be disposed (forward), intend, list, love, mean, please, have rather, (be) will (have, -ling, -ling [ly]).

G2311

èåìåëéï?ù
    themelioo¯
    them-el-ee-o'-o
    From G2310; to lay a basis for, that is, (literally) erect, or (figuratively) consolidate: - (lay the) found (-ation), ground, settle.

G2366

èõ?åëëá
    thuella
    thoo'-el-lah
    From G2380 (in the sense of blowing) a storm: - tempest.

G2465

é?óá?ããåëïò
    isaggelos
    ee-sang'-el-los
    From G2470 and G32; like an angel, that is, angelic: - equal unto the angels.
    G2565

êáëëéå?ëáéïò
    kallielaios
    kal-le-el'-ah-yos
    From the base of G2566 and G1636; a cultivated olive tree, that is, a domesticated or improved one: - good olive tree.

G3651

ï?ëïôåëç?ò
    holotele¯s
    hol-ot-el-ace'
    From G3650 and G5056; complete to the end, that is, absolutely perfect: - wholly.

G3785

ï??öåëïí
    ophelon
    of'-el-on
    First person singular of a past tense of G3784; I ought (wish), that is, (interjectionally) oh that!: - would (to EL).

G4900

óõíåëáõ?íù
    sunelauno¯
    soon-el-ow'-no
    From G4862 and G1643; to drive together, that is, (figuratively) exhort (to reconciliation): - + set at one again.

G5360

öéëáäåëöé?á
    philadelphia
    fil-ad-el-fee'-ah
    From G5361; fraternal affection: - brotherly love (kindness), love of the brethren.
    G5361

öéëá?äåëöïò
    philadelphos
    fil-ad'-el-***
    From G5384 and G80; fond of brethren, that is, fraternal: - love as brethren.

G5436

Öõ?ãåëëïò
    Phugellos
    foog'-el-los
    Probably from G5343; fugitive; Phygellus, an apostate Christian: - Phygellus.

G5569

øåõäá?äåëöïò
    pseudadelphos
    psyoo-dad'-el-***
    From G5571 and G80; a spurious brother, that is, pretended associate: - false brethren.

14. Sabian

Sabian Member

+5
    From appendix 94 of the companion

There are many Aramaic words preserved in the Greek
    of the New Testament, and most of the commentators call
    attention to a few of them; but, from the books cited
    below, we are able to present a more or less complete list
    of the examples to which attention is called in the notes of
    The Companion Bible 2.

1.Abba 3. Mark 14:36. Romans 8:15. Galatians 4:6.
    2.Ainias. Acts 9:33,34.
    3.Akeldama. Acts 1:19. Akeldamach (LA). Acheldamach
    (T Tr). Hacheldamach (WH). See Appendix 161. I.
    Aramaic Hakal dema, or Hakal demah.
    4.Alphaios. Matthew 10:3. Mark 2:14; 3:18. Luke 6:15. Acts
    1:13.
    5.Annas. Luke 3:2. John 18:13, 24. Acts 4:6.
    6.Bar-abbas. Matthew 27:16, 17, 20, 21, 26. Mark 15:7, 11,
    15. Luke 23:18. John 18:40, 40.
    7.Bartholomaios. Matthew 10:3. Mark 3:18. Luke 6:14.
    Acts 1:13.
    8.Bar-iesous. Acts 13:6.
    9.Bar-iona. Matthew 16:12. See Number 27, below.
    10.Bar-nabas. Acts 4:36, etc. 1 Corinthians 9:6. Galatians 2:1,
    9, 13. Colossians 4:10.
    11.Bar-sabas. Acts 1:23; 15:22 (Barsabbas all the texts).
    12.Bar-timaios. Mark 10:46.
    13.Beel-zeboul. Matthew 10:25; 12:24, 27. Mark 3:22. Luke
    11:15, 18, 19.
    14.Bethesda. John 5:2. (Bethzatha, T WH; Bethsaida, or
    Bethzather L WH Rm.)
    15.Bethsaida. Matthew 11:21. Mark 6:45; 8:22. Luke 9:10;
    10:13. John 1:44; 12:21.
    16.Bethphage. Matthew 21:1. Mark 11:1. Luke 19:29.
    17.Boanerges. Mark 3:17. (Boanerges. L T Tr. A WH.)
    18.Gethsemanei. Matthew 26:36. Mark 14:32.
    19.Golgotha. Matthew 27:33. Mark 15:22. John 19:17.
    20.Eloi. Mark 15:34.
    21.Ephphatha. Mark 7:34.
    22.Zakchaios. Luke 19:2, 5, 8.
    23.Zebedaios. Matthew 4:21, 21; 10:2; 20:20; 26:37; 27:56.
    Mark 1:19, 20; 3:17; 10:35. Luke 5:10. John 21:2.
    24.Eli. Matthew 27:46. (Elei (voc.), T WH m. Eloi, WH.)
    25.Thaddaios. Matthew 10:3. Mark 3:18.
    26.Thomas. Matthew 10:3. Mark 3:18. Luke 6:15. John
    11:16; 14:5; 20:24, 26, 27, 28, 29; 21:2. Acts 1:13.
    27.Ioannes. John 1:42; 21:15, 16, 17. (Ioanes, Tr. WH.) See
    Bar-iona. (Iona being a contraction of Ioana.
    28.Kephas. John 1:42. 1 Corinthians 1:12; 3:22; 9:5; 15:5.
    Galatians 2:9.
    29.Kleopas. Luke 24:18.
    30.Klopas. John 19:25.
    31.Lama. Matthew 27:46. Mark 15:34. (Lema, L. Lema, T
    Tr. A WH).
    32.Mammonas. Matthew 6:24. Luke 16:9, 11, 13.
    (Mamonas, L T Tr. A WH.)
    33.Maran-atha. 1 Corinthians 16:22. (= Our Lord, come!).
    Aramaic Marana' tha.
    34.Martha. Luke 10:38, 40, 41. John 11:1, etc.
    35.Matthaios. Matthew 9:9; 10:3. Mark 3:18. Luke 6:15. Acts
    1:13, 26. (All the critics spell Math-thaios.)
    36.Nazareth (-et). Matthew 2:23; 4:13 (Nazara, T Tr. A
    WH); 21:11. Mark 1:9. Luke 1:26; 2:4, 39, 51; 4:16
    (Nazara. Omit the Art. L T Tr. A WH and R.) John 1:45,
    46. Acts 10:38.
    37.Pascha. Matthew 26:2, 17, 18, 19. Mark 14:1, 12, 12, 14, 16.
    Luke 2:41; 22:1, 7 8, 11, 13, 15. John 2:13, 23; 6:4; 11:55, 55;
    12:1; 13:1; 18:28, 39; 19:14. Acts 12:4. 1 Corinthians 5:7.
    Hebrews 11:28. The Hebrew is pesak.
    38.Rabboni, Rabbouni (Rabbonei, WH). Mark 10:51. John
    20:16.
    39.Raka. Matthew 5:22. (Reyka is an abbreviation of
    Reykan.)
    40.Sabachthani. Matthew 27:46. Mark 15:34.
    (Sabachthanei, T Tr. WH.)
    41.Sabbata. (Aramaic sabbata'). Hebrew shabbath.
    Matthew 12:1, 5, 10, 11, 12, etc.
    42.Tabitha. Acts 9:36, 40.
    43.Talitha kumi. Mark 5:41. (In Galilaean Aramaic it was
    talitha' kumi.)
    44.Hosanna. (in Aramaic = Save us; in Hebrew = Help us).
    Matthew 21:9, 9, 15. Mark 11:9, 10. John 12:13.

Please note ( Eli ) as being preserved in Aramaic
    also ( lama ),( sabachthanic )
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Psalm 22 reads "Eloï,
    Eloï, metoel mah sabachtani". This is the original translation of the Hebrew "Eli,
    Eli, lama azaftani", which means "My EL, my EL, why hast Thou forsaken me".
    In Aramaic, an ancient cousin of Hebrew,
    Eloah appears as Elah. Ezra 6:10, which is
    in Aramaic, talks about offering sacrifices
    to "the Elah of Heaven." When YAHSHUA was
    on the STAKE, He cried out in Aramaic, "Eli,
    Eli, lama shabag tani," or "My EL, My
    EL why have you forsaken me?" (Matt
    27:46). Shabag in Aramaic means "to
    forsake," or "to leave alone." Eli is El with
    the pronominal suffix I, which makes it Eli,
    or "my EL."

15. The Thadman

+58
    Pagan
    Married
    US-Others
    To die for al of our sins? :)

Shlomo,
    -Steve-o

16. The Thadman

+58
    Pagan
    Married
    US-Others
    In what text? This looks like poorly transcripted Aramaic for "My God, why (litterally "because what", "mettul mo") have you allowed me?"

Your translation of the Hebrew is correct.

No.

WRONG. You've missed many other meanings. "shvaq" is "to allow, to forgive, to permit, to leave." If was used twice in the Lord's Prayer ("Shvaq (forgive) our sins as we shvaq (forgive) sinners.")

If Jesus wanted to say, "My God, why have you forsaken me?" he would have said "Alohee, la-mo shvaqth menee?" (litterally, "My God, why have you departed from me?")

This is correct.

Shlomo,
    --
    Steve Caruso
    (a.k.a. "The Thadman")

Webmaster & Author, AramaicNT.org
    (http://www.AramaicNT.org)

Lead Programmer, eBethArke
    (http://www.BethMardutho.org/eBethArke/)

Assistant to the Livingston College Dean of First Year Students
    Rutgers University, NJ

(http://livingston.Rutgers.edu)

"The only thing that should be utterly liberal is cooking. To make a meal, you 'throw together whatever you can, because you can.' It's when this paradigm is applied to other things, --oh... such as government or sex-- that I cringe." - Steve-o

17. SonWorshipper

SonWorshipper Old Timer

+30
    Messianic

Steve-O the key word in my question was "AGAIN" :)

18. lared

lared Active Member

+12
  19. Woodsy

+265
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
  20. OldBadfish

OldBadfish Well-Known Member

+20
    Yes the trinity is a fundamental teaching, many times in scripture there is reference to the Godhead.

The Father, The Word (son) and the Holy Spirit are all said to be a part of the "Godhead".