Results are only viewable after voting.

Amatorreginae

Jul 10, 2014
✟7,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Here's my view: Ishmael, the ancestor of the Arabs, was a descendant of Abraham, and according to Exodus 6:3 God did not reveal his Name to Abraham. So Ishmael was unable to know the name of God, probably because it had not been in existence before its revelation to Moses. Throughout Genesis Jehovah is known as El Shaddai or as (Ha')Elohim ([The] God). The word Allah is derived from al-Illah (the God), and has been and continues to be used in the Jewish and Christian Bibles. However, by Mohammed's time the identity of Allah had probably ceased to be exclusively that of Jehovah. When Mohammed founded his new religion Allah was one of 360 gods worshipped at the Kaaba. Much like the word Baal, which simply meant 'lord' and was probably at one time used in reference to Jehovah, Allah came to signify quite a different god. I feel that the word Allah has become contaminated by the Mohammedan religion and would be better avoided by Christians and Jews in the sense of the one true God.

Upvote 0

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
this is truly a trick question because if my memory serves me correctly in the arabic translation of holy bible which predates the quran may have rendered yahweh as allah but dont quote me on this.

are they the same god? obviously not - 1 john 2:22-23

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟270,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FredVB said:
Yahweh is the God of love, and is holy, righteous and just, though long patient for those who will come to God according to the provision for that. Allah of Muslims and the Qur'an isn't all those things.

Armoured said:
According to who? You? Islamic scholar, are we?

Well, I have read the Bible, and I have read the Qur'an, English translation, it's just that.

”LittleLambofJesus” said:
Depends on who you ask.
He must know something we don't.

That I have read those has me know some things from it, you or any might know the same things from reading those too.

Amatorreginae said:
Here's my view: Ishmael, the ancestor of the Arabs, was a descendant of Abraham, and according to Exodus 6:3 God did not reveal his Name to Abraham. So Ishmael was unable to know the name of God, probably because it had not been in existence before its revelation to Moses. Throughout Genesis Jehovah is known as El Shaddai or as (Ha')Elohim ([The] God). The word Allah is derived from al-Illah (the God), and has been and continues to be used in the Jewish and Christian Bibles. However, by Mohammed's time the identity of Allah had probably ceased to be exclusively that of Jehovah. When Mohammed founded his new religion Allah was one of 360 gods worshipped at the Kaaba. Much like the word Baal, which simply meant 'lord' and was probably at one time used in reference to Jehovah, Allah came to signify quite a different god. I feel that the word Allah has become contaminated by the Mohammedan religion and would be better avoided by Christians and Jews in the sense of the one true God.

Yet text in Genesis shows, even if Yahweh did not identify himself by this name to Abraham, the name was already known, and Abraham knew it. This would be more clear with translations keeping God's name there, rather than the substitution of "LORD" in its place, or "GOD" when after "Lord".

Christian believers who speak primarily Arabic are still going to refer to God as "Allah", that is all the word means. Just the Muslim concept of Allah in Islam, that described in the Qur'an, is not compatible with Yahweh, God described in the Bible. They can't be inspired from the same source.

random person said:
this is truly a trick question because if my memory serves me correctly in the arabic translation of holy bible which predates the quran may have rendered yahweh as allah but dont quote me on this.
are they the same god? obviously not - 1 john 2:22-23

I don't know that is the case, but God would be designated as "Allah".

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟270,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is only one GOD, really, and no other being is God, in any case. Yahweh is the one God, exclusively. Yahweh told us to remember that. Even though those speaking Arabic might call Yahweh by the term Allah, God did not author the Koran.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,484,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is only one GOD, really, and no other being is God, in any case. Yahweh is the one God, exclusively. Yahweh told us to remember that. Even though those speaking Arabic might call Yahweh by the term Allah, God did not author the Koran.
The god of the Koran is not, however, the God that is worshipped by Christians.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The god of the Koran is not, however, the God that is worshipped by Christians.
Yeah, given that we believe that God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that God Himself "became flesh and dwelt among us", then while Muslims and Jews arguably worship the same God, we Christians don't.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,484,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, given that we believe that God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and that God Himself "became flesh and dwelt among us", then while Muslims and Jews arguably worship the same God, we Christians don't.
The Koran view of the Old Testament is not the Jewish Torah. The stories are considerably different (for instance, in the Islamic view, Ishmael is the "child of promise"). There are so many differences, I would argue that Muslims and Jews do not worship the same God.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hear many people say when Muslims refer to ALLAH they are worshiping the same God Christians worship YAHWEH and others say Islam is worships ALLAH as a moon God and is NOT the same God Christians worship.

So is the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob YHWH/YAH/YAHWEH... etc, the same God ALLAH that Islam claims to worship??
They believe that Allah is the God of Abraham, Issac, & Jacob. There is only One God of Abraham, Issac & Jacob. They also believe in the story of Adam & Eve and the flood and the story of Noah. So they are worshiping the same God in that aspect but they have a lot of false information mixed into their theology.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That doesn’t mean they’re worshipping a different god it just means their theology is flawed.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Koran view of the Old Testament is not the Jewish Torah. The stories are considerably different (for instance, in the Islamic view, Ishmael is the "child of promise"). There are so many differences, I would argue that Muslims and Jews do not worship the same God.
You can say one thing about Trump and I could say something completely different and completely false about him but that doesn’t change the fact that we’re still talking about the same person.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟896,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It boils down to - Yahweh says to love Him and everyone else while Allah doesn't so they can't be the same deity.
Two magazines can write an article about Trump one article being true and the other article being a bunch of false rumors but both articles are still referring to the same person.

• Winner
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟223,372.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Koran view of the Old Testament is not the Jewish Torah.
That's for Jews and Muslims to sort out. Christians worship God as He has revealed Himself as Jesus Christ, Whom both Jews and Muslims reject.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟804,634.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:" Heb 6:18

"Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Matt 22

The Koran states the opposite; therefore, Yahweh and Allah are not the same.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,484,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They believe that Allah is the God of Abraham, Issac, & Jacob. There is only One God of Abraham, Issac & Jacob. They also believe in the story of Adam & Eve and the flood and the story of Noah. So they are worshiping the same God in that aspect but they have a lot of false information mixed into their theology.
Let's say I meet a guy at the coffee shop, we chat, and discover we attended the same university. He speaks of an English professor he had as a freshman, a Mr. Smith (very common name). I say, "Hey, I had Mr. Smith for freshman English myself!" Then he begins describing Mr. Smith in great detail, but the Mr. Smith he describes is nothing like the Mr. Smith I knew.

At what point should I conclude that he's not talking about the same person I knew? How much false information does it take?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,484,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can say one thing about Trump and I could say something completely different and completely false about him but that doesn’t change the fact that we’re still talking about the same person.
At some point we have to question if we're talking about the same Trump.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟175,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Eh- Jews think they do because they think Muslims truly qualify as monotheistic. Jews happen to think that Christians are polytheistic idolators though. Orthodox Jews would be allowed to go into a mosque but not a church.

Upvote 0