Is touching yourself Any Worse Than Other Sins??

spokken2

Feb 8, 2012
South Carolina
✟7,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
yah that's a difficult one as masturbation is not mentioned in the bible. but we do know it's wrong to look at another lustfully who isn't our spouse. Ask the Holy Spirit to guide you in that area

OK I will, but what if I desire the one that I'm in love with and want to marry..so i did it or do it to the thoughts and sights of her...does the same apply then? :confused:

Upvote 0

spokken2

Feb 8, 2012
South Carolina
✟7,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Eh, think of it as "shameful" more like having the runs, then anything else. You don't want people to see you doing that, either.

A lot of times in relationships people will turn to inappropriate content, in a kind of subconscious "all other sex people are the same". Like 'one dog bit em so all dogs are the same'.

But, this is clearly not the case with us human individuals.

This can also get you to start creating fantasies on your love, which are designed for planning and to enrich the relationship.

The hang ups can actually be way more dangerous then the behavior. The main thing about sex is to not sleep around.

That is extremely bad. And it helps to focus on one person to do that.

Because our behavior comes from our hearts. It starts there and one ends bad behavior there.

Even small moves, heart wise, are gigantic for behavioral changes.

So, no reason to blindly go, "I should not do this on others". Doing it on others simply hurts the relationship heart wise. On her, it helps it.

Everything "wrong" has a practical reason for being wrong.

God is not like some fascist tyrant, but the anti-christ is... God is the opposite of that.

I think that was exactly what I wanted and needed to here...thank you very much..:thumbsup:..and this should now help me with that situation that I was once stuck or confused on...and I believe that it has made our relationship a lot better despite what other might have thought or think about it. Also I agreed that focusing on one person that you love helps restrain from sex outside of marriage greatly..esp if she's never experienced it before...:amen::thumbsup::prayer:

Upvote 0

spokken2

Feb 8, 2012
South Carolina
✟7,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
For me I felt I could do better and be better. I hated being a slave to sex. No control. I just got so tired of justifying it and finding excuses for it I prayed to God to please give me the power to stop. He did.

I'm no longer a slave to sex and it really feels great being able to say no!

Now don't get me wrong, even tho I stopped this, I am still work in progress in other areas of my walk. The point is I want to become better and try.

That sounds almost like me exactly...except it's masturbation rather than sex..but I discovered today that even though I may be watching something that may entices my mind..I didn't let it entice my emotions to the point where I couldn't control them and begin lusting and then masturbating to other women..and I can say that felt great as well..feeling that I have more control and power over what I use to let overrun me. :amen::thumbsup::clap::prayer:

Upvote 0

spokken2

Feb 8, 2012
South Carolina
✟7,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is the best thing to do to overcome struggles (especially of a sexual nature) that we feel unable to control and stop sinning even when we know what God says/thinks about a given topic and we want to make the wrong choice anyway and fall into the thinking about just being forgiven and want to slide and not make the right choice is the best thing to do just to continually pray about it? To ask God to help you to overcome whatever that struggle is?

You're exactly right..and that use to be my problem always taking the comfort of he will forgive me so it's ok rather than trying to stop it..but now Ive changed that and I'm able to resist the temptation entirely..and rather focus on what and who I love..which seems to have helped me very much and cause me to feel more clean then I once was before...:thumbsup::prayer::)

Upvote 0

spokken2

Feb 8, 2012
South Carolina
✟7,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I believe that all sin is equal in the eyes of God if we break one law we are guilty of breaking all the laws. Now that being said different sins have different consequences and punishments murdering someone is going to have very harsh punishment compared to lying on a math test but both are sin to God and he hates both.

James 2:10- For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

As for the masturbation it is a sin period stay away from it. The things you listed are just excuses people are making for their sin and it is wrong. Everything we do should be to glorify God if it isn't don't do it. Masturbation does not glorify God and will hurt your future marriage so please stay away from it. It won't be easy but with God you can overcome it.

1 Corinthians 2:13- So weather you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Ooo that kinda just killed everything I replied and agreed on..but I believe this to be very true as well..though I feel as if God has been letting me know and guiding me with being able to control those temptations and my actions..though when I am aroused by my girlfriend..I do not feel guilty yet rather that our love is increasing and becoming stronger..which leads to the thoughts of being able to relieve and enjoy ourselves combined together...yet I still prevent myself from masturbating a lot now...:thumbsup::prayer::confused:

Upvote 0

wonder111

Love is the message!
Jul 24, 2003
Visit site
✟9,948.00
Faith
Christian
OK I will, but what if I desire the one that I'm in love with and want to marry..so i did it or do it to the thoughts and sights of her...does the same apply then? :confused:

well you won't actually know if you marry her until you've said your vows :) anything could happen. However, I do feel the love and power of the Holy Spirit really lifts me up so much spiritually that it transcends the physical. the closer I am to God the less I feel the need...
however, we are all human of course and have the same desires. it just seems to change my focus

Upvote 0

spokken2

Feb 8, 2012
South Carolina
✟7,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
well you won't actually know if you marry her until you've said your vows :) anything could happen. However, I do feel the love and power of the Holy Spirit really lifts me up so much spiritually that it transcends the physical. the closer I am to God the less I feel the need...
however, we are all human of course and have the same desires. it just seems to change my focus

Yes I believe that you're right (and I've also been discussing that with her that if we wait to long there's no telling what could happen then) and now that I have been feeling much closer to God I find myself being able to have more control..yet the same feelings keep arousing throughout me whenever I think of her or desire to be with her..even when it's not sexual..but then it begins to lead to sexual feelings..and when I don't do anything about this sexual desire I sometimes begin to feel unhappy, and less active then I feel when I do do it....:doh::sigh::(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OThomas777

God is good! ALL the time!
Jan 24, 2012
✟7,706.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First of all, not all sins are equal. As far as where lust falls on the scale of sin, I have no idea, but in God's eyes it's still a sin, and the consequences are the same either way.

Good for you for stopping though. And in a way you can consider it worse than the sins you may not be aware of, because you are knowingly sinning, and that is like spitting straight into God's face each time you do it, in my opinion. I'm not trying to call you a bad person, I am a sinner just like everyone else here as well.

Just be able to recognize sin and turn away from it. One of the things that helps me when it's difficult to not sin is realizing what Jesus did for me, and that was much harder than anything he will ask me to do. God Bless.
James 2:10 tells us: "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

Upvote 0

spokken2

Feb 8, 2012
South Carolina
✟7,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I believe all sins are equal. They are all imperfections in the the sight of the Most Perfect God. So if I snap angrily at a person or murder someone, they are all sins, and sins, except for the forgiveness of Christ, distance me from the Father. Crabby people and murderers alike may be forgiven.

I interpret James different than you. James 2:10 tells us: "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." That is certainly true, but no where in Scripture does it mention masturbation. There are vague references to sexual immorality, but I believe that refers to things such as inappropriate contentography, adultery, homosexuality and the other things that did and do occur that I am not going to mention. Since it is so wide spread, if God was offended by it, I believe He would have said something about it. He didn't.

And I don't want to mislead you, but I have not given it up. I have far more important concerns than that.

Same here..you're really on point..and I feel that you're on the same page as me with this...:prayer::amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OThomas777

God is good! ALL the time!
Jan 24, 2012
✟7,706.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Same here..you're really on point..and I feel that you're on the same page as me with this...:prayer::amen:
true It never does mention it, However If the Holy Spirit is convicting us then I believe we need to stop. It does say our bodies is the temple pf the Holy Spirit and it should be treated pure, so Myself NO condemnation here Romans 8:1...I believe its not pure, for God Blessed the marriage bed . not the hand for self. But then again this isn't about what eachother thinks because it isn't clear like you stated, go with your convictions If your Not convicted then there you go. However this is a conviction of mine. Love you God Bless and May the Good Lord give you a clear answer so you may be at peace.In Jesus name AMEN for confusion comes from the enemy that's why it's best we seek God!

Upvote 0

spokken2

Feb 8, 2012
South Carolina
✟7,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
true It never does mention it, However If the Holy Spirit is convicting us then I believe we need to stop. It does say our bodies is the temple pf the Holy Spirit and it should be treated pure, so Myself NO condemnation here Romans 8:1...I believe its not pure, for God Blessed the marriage bed . not the hand for self. But then again this isn't about what eachother thinks because it isn't clear like you stated, go with your convictions If your Not convicted then there you go. However this is a conviction of mine. Love you God Bless and May the Good Lord give you a clear answer so you may be at peace.In Jesus name AMEN for confusion comes from the enemy that's why it's best we seek God!

Yes you are correct. :):amen:. I am glad that he took that conviction away from me where I was once trapped underneath its power and ability to manipulate my thoughts and actions..now I am no longer underneath that control and I'm able to resist its temptation if it's dealing with lust rather then what my heart feels to be real and true. :thumbsup::prayer::crossrc:

Upvote 0

wonder111

Love is the message!
Jul 24, 2003
Visit site
✟9,948.00
Faith
Christian
Ummm…I really hope I don't offend anyone by saying this…I'm not trying to be funny here...I consider masturbation a bit like going the bathroom. Releases pressure, allows me to function better. To me it's not even sexual because sexuality involves the physical union of a husband and a wife. It's not spiritual, but neither is going to the bathroom. I really apologize to any I may have offended by saying this.
haha to the point!

Upvote 0