Is this a wrong view to has a Christian?

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Im starting not to think highly of most people and have a neutral view of them even if they proclaim they are Christians until I see enough to verify them a long period of time is that the right way to view people ?

Yes, it's the sober way to view other people. We can't throw precaution out the window just because we may hold to the idea that every human being is "made" in the Image of God. There are bad actors in and among any collection of Christians anywhere you go, and this is because mental illness and psychopathology aren't magically cured simply because folks walk into and sit in a church building.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Personally I wouldn't go out of my way to check people out and weigh their actions against the Kingdom, but I'm sure it would come to light over time, some quicker than others. But even then we are to love all as self so rather than condemnation we are to hope the best for them. I will say it is natural for those of the Kingdom to think poorly of the human race, including ourselves, for our self serving attitudes which are contrary to the ways of the Kingdom.

• Winner
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Roderick Spode

Nov 12, 2019
Silicon Valley
✟24,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Im starting not to think highly of most people and have a neutral view of them even if they proclaim they are Christians until I see enough to verify them a long period of time is that the right way to view people ?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,054,063.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All people were created by God, in his image.
God doesn't assess people, then only decide to love them if they prove themselves - or none of us would ever know or receive his love.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I treat everyone as future brothers and sisters in Christ, regardless of what they profess.

After knowing someone, they move into the fellow brother or sister in Christ zone when their actions prove it out.

But no one, no matter who they are, moves out of the future brother or sister in Christ zone...

You just never know who will someday be saved, so I always treat everyone as if God will someday save them... they are just currently estranged.

Upvote 0