iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟32,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Scriptures do not support that POV.

I don't believe in the "good news" of endless tortures.

According to the Scriptures, God is Love Omnipotent, not a mythical deception infinitely worse than Hitler, Bin Laden & Satan combined.

Have you been decieved by your Bible translation?

This is in reply to your post #110
Rev 20:11-15 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

I don't believe in the "good news" of endless tortures. This is what you say in this post. And this is just on text that Jesus spoke on the subject. If you do not believe Him which is a requirement of the new birth, not believing in His words is the bigger issue of not believing in endless torture don't you think? That may sound cruel, but is simply fact to all who believe part of the scriptures and what they don't like, they deny the word of God is true, thereby calling the word of God false. Paul would add, God forbid, out of the same mouth comes sweet and bitter. Matt 25:41-46 41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’ 44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

• Agree
Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟32,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please what does it mean to be a universalist?
My Google is broken!
someone that believes everyone will be saved at the end.
Please what does it mean to be a universalist?
My Google is broken!
This is a short entrance into what they believe as I know it from a google search;
What is Christian Universalism? Christian universalism is a belief in the simple Bible truth that Jesus Christ is the "Lamb who takes away the sin of the world." He is the promised Messiah of whom the prophets of the Old Covenant foresaw; Jesus is the Savior of the world, He is the "Second Adam," through Whom all mankind will be restored to God's original image, He is the only way to the Father, the only begotton Son of God Who gave His life for the world. We believe He is king and judge of the universe, and owner of all Creation, and that His purpose for the ages (aions) is to bring all things under His government and reconciled with Himself.

We believe that through His death, burial and resurrection, Jesus will save all mankind and restore all things. As Christ Himself said, "If I be lifted up (crucified) I will draw all men to me" (as also prophesied in Psalm 22). Jesus is the Name before which every man, woman and child, from all of human history will bow before and declare that He is Lord. At that day, the prophesied "restoration of all things" shall come to pass, and of the increase of His government and peace there shall be no end.

So the last highlighted statement is why Christians would not believe this statement.

Upvote 0

Bruce H

Oct 18, 2015
✟15,255.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is there salvation after death?

All Blessings Which Shall Flow to All in God's Grand Plan of the Ages!

"But truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord." Numbers 14:21
God shall wipe away all tears from off all faces.
Isaiah 25:8; Revelation 7:17
All wars shall cease.
Isaiah 2:4; Micah 4:3
All evil shall be suppressed.
Psalm 37:10; Revelation 20:2,3
God's judgments shall teach righteousness to all.
Isaiah 26:9; 28:17
Nothing shall ever hurt nor destroy.
Isaiah 11:9
Truth shall triumph in the earth.
Psalm 85:11
God shall write His Law in the hearts of men.
Jeremiah 31:33
All shall know Him from the least to the greatest.
Jeremiah 31:34
Earth shall be filled with the knowledge of God.
Habakuk 2:14
God shall pour out His spirit upon all flesh.
Joel 2:28; Acts 2:17
All iniquity shall be remembered no more.
Isaiah 55:7
All shall rejoice as sorrow and sighing flee away.
Isaiah 35:10
There shall be no more death, sorrow or pain.
Revelation 21:4,5
There shall be no more sickness.
Isaiah 33:24
The eyes of the blind shall be opened and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
Isaiah 35:5
The earth shall yield her increase.
Psalm 67:6
The desert shall blossom as the rose.
Isaiah 35:1
The ransomed of the Lord shall return from death.
One shall not build and another inhabit, nor plant and another take, nor shall any labor in vain.
Isaiah 65:22,23
Every man shall sit under his own vine and fig tree.
Micah 4:4
God shall multiply the fruitage of the earth.
Psalm 67:6; 85:12
There shall be showers of blessing.
Ezekiel 34:26
The earth shall become like a Garden of Eden.
Isaiah 51:3
Blessings Which Shall Flow to All in God's Grand Plan of the Ages
"But truly as I live, all the earth shall be filled with the glory of the Lord." Numbers 14:21
God shall wipe away all tears from off all faces.
Isaiah 25:8; Revelation 7:17
All wars shall cease.
Isaiah 2:4; Micah 4:3
All evil shall be suppressed.
Psalm 37:10; Revelation 20:2,3
God's judgments shall teach righteousness to all.
Isaiah 26:9; 28:17
Nothing shall ever hurt nor destroy.
Isaiah 11:9
Truth shall triumph in the earth.
Psalm 85:11
God shall write His Law in the hearts of men.
Jeremiah 31:33
All shall know Him from the least to the greatest.
Jeremiah 31:34
Earth shall be filled with the knowledge of God.
Habakuk 2:14
God shall pour out His spirit upon all flesh.
Joel 2:28; Acts 2:17
All iniquity shall be remembered no more.
Isaiah 55:7
All shall rejoice as sorrow and sighing flee away.
There shall be no more death, sorrow or pain.
Revelation 21:4,5
There shall be no more sickness.
Isaiah 33:24
The eyes of the blind shall be opened and the ears of the deaf shall be unstopped.
Isaiah 35:5
The earth shall yield her increase.
Psalm 67:6
The desert shall blossom as the rose.
Isaiah 35:1
The ransomed of the Lord shall return from death.
One shall not build and another inhabit, nor plant and another take, nor shall any labor in vain.
Isaiah 65:22,23
Every man shall sit under his own vine and fig tree.
Micah 4:4
God shall multiply the fruitage of the earth.
Psalm 67:6; 85:12
There shall be showers of blessing.
Ezekiel 34:26
The earth shall become like a Garden of Eden.
Isaiah 51:3

Good News!

LIFE
WHY?
Through the first human couple, in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve, the sentence of death passed upon the entire human race.
>Genesis 2:7 “and man became a living soul/being.”
>Ezekiel 18:4 the word of God states: “the soul that sinneth it shall die.”

Adam and Eve were told by God where they would go;
> Genesis 3:19 “till thou return unto the ground; for out of it thou wast taken; for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.”

> Romans 5:19 “For as by one mans disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.”

HOW?
> John 3:16 “God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son.”
>1 Cor. 15:22-23 “As in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.”
Furthermore in 1 Tim. 2:4-6 it is explained; ”Who will have all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself a ransom for all, in due time.”
A perfect human life for another perfect human life (a corresponding price) The first life defective and it’s posterity; the “last Adam, a quickening spirit.” The risen Lord Jesus who was “holy, harmless, undefiled and separate from sinners.” “The Word” or “Logos” who was made flesh, and in love and obedience to God his Father “poured out his soul unto death.” Isaiah 53:12 Jesus stated in John 6:51 “and the bread I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.” The ransom-price, the right to life, to be applied in due time.

1 John 2:2 “And he is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but for the whole world.”

The offer of justification to life as in Romans 5:18 “so by the righteousness of one, upon all men unto justification of life.” on the terms of Romans 10:10 “…believeth unto righteousness.” “…confession unto salvation.” If there is a first resurrection, then there is more than one implied also.
> 1 Cor. 15:38 “…a body as it hath pleased Him.”
>1 Cor. 15:40 “the glory of the celestial is one, the glory of the terrestrial is another.”

WHEN?
Acts 24:15 (“Just and Unjust”)
In Hebrews 11:3 the statement is made that “the worlds (ages) were framed by the word of God.” All human history is shaped by the justice, love, wisdom and power of God; in permitting evil for
THY KINGDOM COME
mans education, and the gift of his son for our redemption!
> Acts 17:31 “he hath appointed a day, in that which
he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained.”
> Daniel 12:2 “Many that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake.” (unconscious aspect of death)
>2 Peter 3:8 “one day with the Lord as a thousand years.”
The “Judgment Day” = is the “Kingdom.”
Jesus stated in John 5:28-29 “All that are in the graves shall hear his voice” “they that have done good, unto a resurrection of life; and they that have done evil unto a resurrection of judgment.” (original meaning in early Greek MSS) NOTE: the location of the dead is clearly stated to be the same before their disposition upon resurrection!
JESUS also include in this resurrection;
>Matt. 12:41-42 “the men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment.” >Matt. 10:15 “more tolerable for the land of Sodom, and Gomorrah.” (Literally)
> Matt. 19:28 “the 12 tribes of Israel.”
Jeremiah 31:16 “from the land of the enemy.”
These all having died in total or relative ignorance, and inherited weakness, prior to the millennial day of judgment!

>Jesus stated again in John 12: 47-48 “if any man hear my words and believe not, I judge him not-the word I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.” >>A resurrection by judgments during the “times of restitution” Acts 3:21. When the true “way of holiness” Isaiah 35:8 will be prepared for mankind! Isaiah 11:9 “shall not hurt or destroy.” Isaiah 26:9 “when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants will learn righteousness.” With Satan bound a 1,000 years!
1 Cor. 15:23 “every man in his own order.”

THE CALL OF OUR PRESENT AGE! John 6:44,65
Acts 15:14-18 “God did at the first visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.”>> A spiritual church for his Son; the Christ. (the Spirit and the Bride)
Rev. 22:17. Jesus said: “Deny self and follow me” Matt. 16:24 “ sanctify them through thy truth” >>John 17:17 “ be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life” Rev 2:10. The completion of this “first resurrection” ends this age! THEN-Rev. 21:2 “new Jerusalem coming down out of heaven” >>Acts 7:48 “God dwelleth not in temples made with hands.” Then the “millennial” reign of Christ actually begins!
Psalm 102:18 “the people that shall be created"!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<°°°>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Do not leave the earth out of the picture!>>> Yes,Isaiah 24:5 is the present condition!."the earth is polluted under the inhabitants"//, but this will change as the general resurrection unfolds! >>>For example,in Ezekiel 36:10-11 God states" i will multiply men upon you,all the house of Israel,ALL of it ! "++-vs.11"and will do better, than at your beginnings: and you shall know that I am the Lord!". (Multiplied by the resurrection promised to them in Ezekiel 37+Isaiah 42+49:6-9"say to the prisoners,go forth;"!>>> .see Ezekiel 36:31"then shall you remember your own evil ways"etc.That generation!/those people will remember because they have been made alive again under the new covenant made with Israel!(Jeremiah 31-all..)remember the words of Moses.>>>Deut.30:2-8"return and obey"// Of course everyone gets another opportunity! That is what the prophets spoke of! The nations shall benefit in order; >>>Zech.8:23"the nations".>>>Zech.12:7-13"the tents of Judah first"!>>> Deuteronomy 18:18"a prophet from among their brethren" (Jesus Christ was a Jew..) Wait for it ! >>>(John 5:28-29)..

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<°°°>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

future

Psalm72***"Give the king thy judgements,O God,and thy righteousness unto the king's son. He shall judge thy people with righteousness,and thy poor with judgement."./>>vs.4-He shall judge the poor of the people,he shall save the children of the needy--/>>>vs.13-He shall spare the poor and needy,and shall save the souls of the needy.!"//>>As the first advent was a precursor to the return of Jesus Christ;---i.e.the miracles of healing,sustenance,and resurrection enacted by the power of God,--so also at his return! />>see Ephesians 1:10, for example,on a global scale!>> 1Tim.2:4"God will have ALL men to be saved,and to come to a knowledge of the truth"->>>-Deuteronomy32:4"the Rock,his work perfect"! >>>John 5:28-29"all those in the tombs will hear his voice"(his son's-Jesus Christ),;>>a visible resurrection to a new life and opportunity ,as the earth is healed by God !!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<°>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>> MESSIAH >> ( WAS/IS) >> A JEW..
( a Hebrew )
♦The only one of the descendants of Abraham who could fulfill, and will fulfill , the old testament prophecies spoken of concerning the Messiah !
Genesis 22:8 ("God will provide himself a lamb"), as stated by Abraham..
Exodus 12:6 ("the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the
( evening"), (the lamb of the Passover).
Leviticus 16:6 ("Aaron shall offer his bullock of the sin-offering").
( type of Jesus ).
Leviticus(l6:15("the goat of the sin-offering for the people")
( type of the church ).
Numbers 28:3 ("two lambs")>>("day by day")—>>("a continual burnt-
("offering") (effective forever!").
Deuteronomy 18:15 Moses stated ("the Lord thy God will rise up
*** Unto thee a prophet from the midst of thee…”)
An atonement price, for all time , and effective for those long-dead, would have to be better than that of lambs ,goats, and cattle! >>>Please note ; the tabernacle picture in Leviticus 16 is ongoing , through-out human history until the present time; this culminates ,and merges into the temple picture narrated by Solomon ! ***Then Messiah’s king dom actually begins !
***Daniel 9:26 >> ("shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself!").Note the satisfaction for sins completed in this scripture!
Isaiah 11:1 >> ("a rod out of the stem of Jesse")
Isaiah 42: all >> ("give thee for a covenant of the people").
***Isaiah 53:7 >> ("he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter")
Isaiah 53:8 >> ("for the transgression of my people")...
Micah 5;2 >> (" shall he come forth unto me to be ruler in Israel")! ">>> 4:8 (" 0 tower of the flock")

A spiritual king, to restore and accomplish the fulflllment of the promises made to Israel by God, his Father !!!
Genesis 15:15 >> ("for all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it and to thy seed forever!"). This promise will be realized soon!

Then Israel’s "judges" will be restored “ as at the first “ (Isaiah 1:26) (Abraham , Isaac, Jacob, David, with many others! >>> See Ezekiel 36:11( “do better unto you than at your beginnings”), >>(to answer Moses’ prayer, in Psalms 90,) >>>*Ezek.36:26(“new heart”),>> Ezek.36:31(“then shall ye remember your own evil ways”), That generation! Literally! They will be resurrected to earth,>> in the fulfillment of Ezekiel 37 (“the whole house of Israel”)>>> the “6 million+ lost in the Holocaust generation also!! >>> This is echoed in many of the Prophets’ statements ;>> * Jeremiah 31:1 (“at the same time”),>>*Jeremiah 31:27 (“I will sow the house of Israel and the house of Judah with the seed of man, and the seed of beast.”) Jeremiah will get his land !* .( Jer.32:11),>( *Isaiah 29:23 (“when he (Abraham) seeth his children, the work of my hands, in the midst of him”)!>>>*Isaiah 33:24 (“the inhabitant shall not say I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity!”)
The population of earth is blessed in order !>> >*Zechariah 8:22 (“ all languages of the nations”),>> to a fair trial for eternal life, under wonderful conditions!> See* Isaiah 35:all! >>>*Isaiah 65:20(“ as a child a sinner shall die an hundred years old”), the minimum age,( when decided), on the way to eternal life..You will be there! >>See *Isaiah 51:3(“wilderness like Eden”), 51:6(“my salvation shall be forever”),>>and* Isaiah 25:7(“destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people”)..vs.8 (“He will swallow up death in victory”)!
These scriptures all apply to natural Israel , as well as the spiritual nation..>>>*Psalms 104:30-31(“Thou sendest forth thy spirit,they are created,and thou renewest the face of the earth”..(“the glory of the Lord shall endure forever: the Lord shall rejoice in his works!")

• Informative
Reactions: ClementofA
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟908,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Several places in the Bible tell that Moses would die, did die, was buried.

True

Then Jude quotes from the book "the Assumption of Moses" in that statement where Michael rebukes Satan when debating with Satan about bodily resurrecting Moses.

So then we see Moses and Elijah and Christ - in bodily form - standing together in Matthew 17 before the cross.

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
the text says "will not be forgiven" you turn it into "see there is forgiveness in the next life".

We have many texts saying that in this life a person can be forgiven... and NONE saying that in the next life you are forgiven of sins. The only statement made at all about the next life is... no forgiveness.

Thus Matt 12 is not helping the point you seek to make.

The passage (Mt.12:31-32) doesn't use your words that in "the next life is...no forgiveness". It says only one single sin is not forgiven. And the penalty for that is limited to this age & the coming age. Since there is at least one age beyond that (Eph.1:21; 2:7; Lk.1:33; Rev.22:5, etc) coming age, the passage (Mt.12:31-32) tells us nothing about the final destiny of those who commit such a sin. [Or if anyone ever committed it]. It does, however, inform us as to the final destiny of all others who didn't committ that sin, namely forgiveness.

“And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this AGE, neither in the AGE to come.” (Mt.12:32)

This addresses only one sin not forgiven, but how does it address every other sin or what happens to all who die in sin in the afterlife?

The previous verse says:

So I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven. Mt.12:31

IOW all those who die in sin (blasphemy of the HS excepted) shall be forgiven. So there is afterlife salvation.

For more comments on this passage, see the thread topics:

Spirit blasphemy - unpardonable sin

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟32,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, could not be any clearer except to those who have eyes that do not see, or ears that do not hear. Jer 5:21 ‘Hear this now, O foolish people, Without understanding, Who have eyes and see not, And who have ears and hear not:

• Agree
Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, could not be any clearer except to those who have eyes that do not see, or ears that do not hear. Jer 5:21 ‘Hear this now, O foolish people, Without understanding, Who have eyes and see not, And who have ears and hear not:

The reference to Hebrews 9:27 does not speak of "an expiration date" for salvation or God's love. After death comes judgement for all, sinners & saints. Judgement can be a good thing:

"When your judgments come upon the earth, the people of the world learn righteousness." (Isa.26:9)

The Greek word for "chastening" here can mean correction:

The Lord is acquainted with the rescue of the devout out of trial, yet is keeping the unjust for chastening in the day of judging. (2 Pet.2:9)

Heb.9:27 says it is appointed to men once to die. Does that deny men can die twice? No. Does it say "only" once? No. If New England is appointed to play the Buffalo Bills twice, does that deny they won't meet again in the playoffs? No. How many times did those raised before the general resurrections die?

I think, in light of the Rapture theory, many Christians would disagree with the statement that 100% of mankind will die and face judgment. Not only that, but Hebrews 9:27 does not say men are "only" going to die once. Lazarus, for one, is a Biblical example of one who died twice & the book of Revelation speaks of the "second death"."

I already provided examples proving Heb.9:27 does not mean death occurs "once & only once". If it did there would be a Bible contradiction & the Bible would be lying.

Paul says "once was i stoned" (2 Cor.11:25). Does that mean he could never be stoned again or stoned twice? Obviously not.

Scripture reveals there are those who will not die even once & implies there are those who will die at least a second time.
There are those who will never die, not even once:

1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 says: “For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the
coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.”

It says what it says, and all of the conjectures will not change its meaning. V28 shows the context of v27 and example, Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, 28 so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. No hope for repentance after death.

We can agree that "it says what it says". But your words do not equate to the "meaning" of the verse, nor have you provided any reason why it should be understood according to - your - opinion - that it establishes a doctrine of "no hope for repentance after death".

Let's be clear. The passage nowhere uses your words "no hope", "hope" or "repentance".

The passage does not rule out repentance "after...judgement".

Neither does it rule out the possibility of repentance after death & before judgement.

It simply doesn't address such issues.

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You say: "Heb.9:27 says it is appointed to men once to die. Does that deny men can die twice? No. Does it say "only" once? No. If New England is appointed to play the Buffalo Bills twice, does that deny they won't meet again in the playoffs? No. How many times did those raised before the general resurrections die?"

This is where you make a mistake which gives rise to your conclusion. We are not talking about playing a game of football! The physical death which leads to judgment as Heb 9:27 states is the first death and the 2nd and last death is spoken of at the Great White Throne Judgment in Revelation 20:11-15 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Obviously Heb.9:27 is not about football. Evidently you missed the point of the analogy with regards to its use of the word "appointment" which occurs in the verse.

Besides that, is there a point to your post as regards the subject title of this thread?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iwbswiaihl2

Aug 18, 2007
✟32,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obviously Heb.9:27 is not about football. Evidently you missed the point of the analogy with regards to its use of the word "appointment" which occurs in the verse.

Besides that, is there a point to your post as regards the subject title of this thread?

Yes the second death is judgment which does not leave room for more than 2 deaths. Rev 20:11-15 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes the second death is judgment which does not leave room for more than 2 deaths. Rev 20:11-15 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Where does that say there is no after death salvation?

For the Lord will NOT cast off FOR EVER:

Augustine's ignorance & error re Matthew 25:46

Church Fathers & Universalism since Early Church times

If endless punishment were true & victims of infanticide all go to heaven

Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
John 3:36
I see it as speaking as to one gets either eternal life - or they get the wrath of God abiding on them. They shall not see life/as in not see eternal life.

Everyone did not believe at one time. Your argument would mean no one gets life. But the meaning is one does not see life - as long as - they are in unbelief. Therefore it doesn't rule out after death repentance & salvation.

Furthermore, the reference is to eonian life, or life in the millennial eon. Unbelievers may miss out on life then, yet be saved after that.

Mark 9 shows that Jesus Christ spoke as to two places - life -and hell fire. The worm that never dies is in the hell fire place.

What is the worm & why would it rule out after death salvation?

1 John 2:17

“And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
/as in - lives -gained eternal life forever
those that do His will -seems to be in contrast to those that were lusting at the time the world passed away
lust of the world - but - does the will of God
This seems to show two groups of people at the time of the end of this world and the new earth is coming.

Where does this verse speak of what happens to those who don't obey God or rule out after death salvation/obedience to God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Addressed here:

Hell
But whilst the rich man cried out to distinguish the flames by asking for a drop of water, Abraham also in Sheol was not in torment. The chasm indicates that even in Sheol, there is a place of rest and a place of torment

• Winner
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

ClementofA

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
Vancouver
✟310,073.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But whilst the rich man cried out to distinguish the flames by asking for a drop of water, Abraham also in Sheol was not in torment. The chasm indicates that even in Sheol, there is a place of rest and a place of torment

I don't know anyone who denies that is true. Yet there is nothing there saying anything like: "this life is your only chance at salvation".

• Agree
Reactions: Jonathan Leo
Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Winner