Is there anything that you admire about Muslims?

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟382,126.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A black cube/stone is not the center of worship for Muslims. Muslims worship a stone, no more than Catholics worship a statue of Jesus or Mary. Muslims are also commanded to worship God alone.

No doubt, I know that you are only a stone and can neither benefit nor harm anyone. Saheeh al-Bukhari

Muslims are instructed to follow the religion of Abraham and to worship God Alone.

Follow the religion of Abraham, the Monotheist. He was not an idol-worshiper. (Qur'an 16:123)

We showed Abraham the location of the House: “Do not associate anything with Me; and purify My House for those who circle around, and those who stand to pray, and those who kneel and prostrate.” (Qur'an 22:26)

Abraham, when he said to his people, “Worship God, and fear Him. That is better for you, if you only knew. You worship idols besides God, and you fabricate falsehoods. Those you worship, instead of God, cannot provide you with livelihood. So seek your livelihood from God, and worship Him, and thank Him. To Him you will be returned.” (Qur'an 29:16-17)

We sent Noah to his people. He said, “O my people! Worship God; you have no god other than Him. I fear for you the punishment of a tremendous Day.” (Qur'an 7:59)

That not what those verses say.

QUR'AN 91

1. By the sun and its radiance.

2. And the moon as it follows it.

3. And the day as it reveals it.

4. And the night as it conceals it.

5. And the sky and He who built it.

6. And the earth and He who spread it.

7. And the soul and He who proportioned it.

And its enlightenment as to its wrong and its right

9. Successful is he who purifies it.

10. Failing is he who corrupts it.

Below are some additional English translations of verse 8:

And inspired it [with discernment of] its wickedness and its righteousness -- SAHIH INTERNATIONAL

and imbued it with (the consciousness of) its evil and its piety -- ABUL ALA MAUDUDI

And inspired it (with conscience of) what is wrong for it and (what is) right for it -- PICKTHALL

Then He showed him what is wrong for him and what is right for him -- MUHSIN KHAN

So He inspired it to its impiety and piety! -- GHALI

and inspired it [to know] its own rebellion and piety! -- ABDEL HALEEM

The verse you referenced is incorrect, it's 2:34 rather than 2:32. The angels and satan were told to bow out of respect towards Adam not out of worship. The angels were obedient, while satan was not due to his pride and arrogance.

And We said to the angels, “Bow down to Adam.” They bowed down, except for Satan. He refused, was arrogant, and was one of the disbelievers.(Qur'an 2:34)

The kissing of a black stone is fundamental to being a Muslim and that action indicates what is actually going on.

It is a while since I checked on these verses maybe my interpretation came from a commentary - not sure - thanks for drawing attention to this.

I hope @Hazelelponi might comment on some of these issues - he is obviously very passionate about the lie that Islam is...

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟382,126.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

IS ALLAH THE GOD OF BIBLE?​

This study examines the crucial question that needs to be addressed which is whether the God presented in the Quran is indeed the same God revealed in the Holy Bible. The Quran alleges that the God of Islam, Allah, is indeed the God of Abraham and hence the God of Scripture, Yahweh Elohim. But is this the case?

Are we to assume that just because the Quran states that Allah is Yahweh of the Bible that both Jews and Christians are obligated to believe this to be true? Or do we examine the nature and attributes of Allah in order to compare them with the biblical portrait of Yahweh to find if this is the case?

This process of examination is essential since our objective is to discover the true nature of God, a process whose outcome entails eternal consequences in regard to man's future destiny in the afterlife. After all, if Allah is the God of Abraham then Jews and Christians are wrong for not embracing Islam. But if Allah is not Yahweh, then Muslims are not worshiping the same God only with a different name.

We will examine certain qualities of Allah as stated in the Quran and briefly compare them to Yahweh and see where the evidence leads us. The reason why we are comparing Allah to Yahweh as opposed to contrasting Yahweh to the quranic portrait of Allah, using the Quran as the standard, is due to the fact that it is Islam that claims to worship the same God of the Holy Bible. Thus, the burden of proof rests upon the Muslims to defend this contention since they believe Allah is the same as Yahweh.

AUTHOR OF EVIL

The Holy Bible teaches that God cannot be tempted by evil and neither tempts anyone with evil; evil being understood as referring to immorality and sin. James 1:13 (c.f. Psalm 5:4-5; Habakkuk 1:13)

Yet, the Quran teaches that Allah is the author of evil:

Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah, but it is He Who deceives them. And when they stand up for As-Salat (the prayer), they stand with laziness and to be seen of men, and they do not remember Allah but little. S. 4:142 Hilali-Khan
And (the unbelievers) schemed and planned, and Allah schemed also, and the best of schemers is Allah. S. 3:54
Are they then secure from Allah's scheme (makra Allahi)? None deemeth himself secure from Allah's scheme (makra Allahi) save folk that perish. S. 7:99 Pickthall
Remember how the unbelievers schemed against thee, to keep thee in bonds, or to slay thee, or get thee out (of thy home). They scheme and plot, but the best of schemers is Allah. S. 8:30
And when We make people taste of mercy after an affliction touches them, lo! they devise schemes (makrun) against Our communication. Say: Allah is quicker to scheme (makran); surely Our apostles write down what you plan. S. 10:21
And those before them did indeed scheme (makara), but all scheming (al-makru) is Allah's; He knows what every soul earns, and the unbelievers shall come to know for whom is the (better) issue of the abode. S. 13:42
So they schemed a scheme: and We schemed a scheme, while they perceived not. S. 27:50
The term for scheme in Arabic is makara which denotes one who is a deceiver, one who is conniving, a schemer. It is always used in a negative sense. Allah is thus seen as the best of deceivers, the premiere schemer and conniving one.

This is not simply a Christian perspective but one thoroughly endorsed by Muslim theologians as well.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟382,126.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ALLAH IS NOT TRIUNE

The final proof that Allah is not Yahweh Elohim of the Holy Bible is that Allah is not a trinity. According to the Holy Bible, there is only One true God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Galatians 3:20).

Yet, at the same time Scripture affirms that this One God eternally exists in three Persons:

The Father

"...elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father..." 1 Peter 1:2
The Son

"... looking for that blessed hope and glorious appearing of our Great God and Savior Jesus Christ..." Titus 2:13
The Holy Spirit

"But Peter said, 'Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit... you have not lied to men but to God." Acts 5:3-4
Three in One

"... baptizing them in the Name (singular - implying unity) of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit ..." Matthew 28:19
But the Allah of the Quran is not any of the three Persons mentioned above. For example S. 112 states,

Say: He is Allah, the One and Only; Allah, The Eternal, Absolute-, He begetteth not, Nor is He Begotten; And there is none like unto Him. S. 112: 1-4
Allah does not "beget" meaning that Allah has no children either in a spiritual or carnal sense. Thus, Allah can never be the Father. Nor does he allow himself to be "begotten", i.e. does not take on human nature such as God the Son did when he became man for our salvation. Finally, in orthodox Islam the Holy Spirit is not God, but the angel Gabriel. This fact separates Allah from ever possibly being the same God that Christians worship.

Furthermore, we read in I John 2:22-23:

"Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is Antichrist who denies the Father and the Son. Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also."
Thus, to the Christians Allah cannot be the biblical God since the inspired New Testament record teaches that anyone denying the Father and Son as God is Antichrist.

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟233,719.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It is a while since I checked on these verses maybe my interpretation came from a commentary - not sure - thanks for drawing attention to this.
You're welcome.

IS ALLAH THE GOD OF BIBLE?​

Answering Islam is an anti-Islamic site that often partially quotes Islamic sources in their articles to distort the intended meanings of the texts. If you want to learn what Islam actually teaches it's best to get your information from actual Muslims and Islamic sources.

Having a decent understanding of the Qur'an, what Islam teaches, and what Muslims actually believe provides us with a starting point for reaching out to Muslims where they currently stand and it allows us to introduce them to Jesus as the Son of God and as the Savior of all mankind.

AUTHOR OF EVIL
The Holy Bible teaches that God cannot be tempted by evil and neither tempts anyone with evil; evil being understood as referring to immorality and sin. James 1:13 (c.f. Psalm 5:4-5; Habakkuk 1:13)

Yet, the Quran teaches that Allah is the author of evil:
In my previous post I showed where this is incorrect.

The term for scheme in Arabic is makara which denotes one who is a deceiver, one who is conniving, a schemer. It is always used in a negative sense. Allah is thus seen as the best of deceivers, the premiere schemer and conniving one.

This is not simply a Christian perspective but one thoroughly endorsed by Muslim theologians as well.
I assume you are refering to l-mākirīna.

(3:54:6) l-mākirīna(of) the plannersوَمَكَرُوا وَمَكَرَ اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ خَيْرُ الْمَاكِرِي

There is no legitimate/well accepted translation of the Qur'an that interprets the word l-mākirīna as deceiver. Here are some of the more popular English translations:

And the disbelievers planned, but Allah planned. And Allah is the best of planners.

Pickthall: And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.

Yusuf Ali: And (the unbelievers) plotted and planned, and Allah too planned, and the best of planners is Allah.

Shakir: And they planned and Allah (also) planned, and Allah is the best of planners.

Muhammad Sarwar: The unbelievers plotted and God planned, but God is a much better planner;

Mohsin Khan: And they (disbelievers) plotted [to kill 'Iesa (Jesus) ], and Allah planned too. And Allah is the Best of the planners.

Arberry: And they devised, and God devised, and God is the best of devisers.

In the context that this verse is used it's telling the story of Jesus and how those who didn't believe Him were planning to kill Him, but God had another plan to protect Him from those people. When put in context, it is obvious that l-mākirīna isn't to be interpreted as deceiver.

When Jesus sensed disbelief on their part, he said, “Who are my allies towards God?” The disciples said, “We are God’s allies; we have believed in God, and bear witness that we submit.”

“Our Lord, we have believed in what You have revealed, and we have followed the Messenger, so count us among the witnesses.”

They planned, and God planned; but God is the Best of planners.

God said, “O Jesus, I am terminating your life, and raising you to Me, and clearing you of those who disbelieve. And I will make those who follow you superior to those who disbelieve, until the Day of Resurrection. Then to Me is your return; then I will judge between you regarding what you were disputing.
(Qur'an 3:52-55)

The final proof that Allah is not Yahweh Elohim of the Holy Bible is that Allah is not a trinity. According to the Holy Bible, there is only One true God (Deuteronomy 6:4; Galatians 3:20).

Yet, at the same time Scripture affirms that this One God eternally exists in three Persons:

The Father
The Son
The Holy Spirit

Three in One

Thus, to the Christians Allah cannot be the biblical God since the inspired New Testament record teaches that anyone denying the Father and Son as God is Antichrist.
When trying to answer the question as to whether or not Muslims worship the same God found in the Bible, it's not important what we believe as Christians, it's what the Muslim believes in their hearts and minds. Based on the teachings of Islam a Muslim will be worshiping the God of Bible because their holy book, the Qur'an, instructs them to worship the God of Abraham. While they may reject the deity of Christ, that in no way changes who the one true God is, hence, Christians, and Muslims are worshiping the same God. The God of Abraham.

It would be laughable to even think that Jews, who also deny Jesus as being the son of God, aren't worshiping the one true God found our Bible, and it should be equally as laughable to think that Muslims aren't as well since they, like the Jews, can trace their lineage back to Abraham and put their faith into the same God that Abraham did. There's a reason why Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are called the Abraham faiths. Same Abraham. Same God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟382,126.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When trying to answer the question as to whether or not Muslims worship the same God found in the Bible, it's not important what we believe as Christians, it's what the Muslim believes in their hearts and minds.

Really ????

So a believer searching the Scripture should consider the claims of unbelievers as paramount ?

It would be laughable to even think that Jews, who also deny Jesus as being the son of God, aren't worshiping the one true God found our Bible

Speaking to unsaved Jews, Jesus said this...

John 8:44
You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he tells a lie, he speaks from his own nature, because he is a liar and the father of lies.

Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0