Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Let’s say Socrates is both an immortal soul and a mortal man. Would it take both to complete what is called Socrates?

Well, to take that which is immortal and combine it with what is mortal is a contradiction. Because it is either mortal or immortal. It can’t be both immortal and mortal at the same time. If I were to say Socrates is both immortal and mortal at the same time would be a contradiction.
It would however, not be a contradiction to say that Socrates was mortal until he was made immortal.

Upvote 0

One God and Father of All

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First-Order Logic:

Socrates is a mortal man who was saved from death by his belief in Christ and the gospel.
All mortal men who believe in Christ and the gospel of salvation will be saved from death.
Therefore, only those who believe as Socrates will be saved from death.

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
First-Order Logic:

Socrates is a mortal man who was saved from death by his belief in Christ and the gospel.
All mortal men who believe in Christ and the gospel of salvation will be saved from death.
Therefore, only those who believe as Socrates will be saved from death.
First-Order Logic does not replace simple logic, but adds more information.to it.
Socrates is a man and all men are mortal is true. If we add that Socrates is a mortal man who is saved by belief, then all who believe as he shall be saved as he.
Replace Socrates with Abraham.

Upvote 0

Apr 20, 2018
Wilmington, DE
✟18,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is an egotistical, self- centered, arrogant individual who claims that truth is to be had by himself and those who agree with him. Therefore, he says “my truth is only comprehended by those who agree with me no matter if it be resonable or not to anyone with sense”

Upvote 0