Is there a "Sect" of Christianity for "Liberal" Christians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francis Earl

Nov 3, 2020
Phoenix
✟2,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do understand it and I do live by it. I just don’t agree with your liberal interpretation concerning the sins of homosexuality and abortion.

My only stance is that making them illegal is wrong.

That hating anyone because of either is wrong.

This is not liberal... but that makes me part of a whole thought structure you carry about who to hate...

I am not saying either are good, I am saying what others do has nothing to do with your salvation and it is up to God to punish them.

• Winner
Reactions: Karin12414
Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You seem to be of the school that spends all sermon talking about how others are going to hell...

That isn't the point, brother.

The point is how you're going to get to heaven.

And it isn't like this.

Scripture tells us to save our brothers by plucking them from the fire:

Jude 1:23 save others by snatching them from the fire; and to still others, show mercy tempered with fear, hating even the clothing stained by the flesh.

It also tells us that homosexuals will not inherit the kingdom of God:

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to or perform homosexual acts,

It is our job as Christians to preach repentance and call others as Christ did to go and sin no more.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My only stance is that making them illegal is wrong.

That hating anyone because of either is wrong.

This is not liberal... but that makes me part of a whole thought structure you carry about who to hate...

I am not saying either are good, I am saying what others do has nothing to do with your salvation and it is up to God to punish them.

It has nothing to do with hate and everything to do with repentance.

Upvote 0

Francis Earl

Nov 3, 2020
Phoenix
✟2,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It's neat how you ignore the second part of the first quote... you show no mercy at all.

Do not be sexually immoral, do not be an idolater, do not be an adulterer, do not perform homosexual acts... neat... but having a callous heart won't get you into heaven either.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Francis Earl

Nov 3, 2020
Phoenix
✟2,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think that if that woman committed adultery again and was returned to Jesus he would decide she should be stoned now?

The story is about forgiveness, about compassion... not about "sin no more"... it is about us all being sinners, so going gung ho on other sinners instead of noticing our own is a huge mistake.

We should not sin, but there is only one unforgiveable sin...

• Winner
Upvote 0

Francis Earl

Nov 3, 2020
Phoenix
✟2,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You would bring far more to the Church if you preached forgiveness over curses.

Let people work out for themselves how to change, but how your kind of sect does it makes God a joke... it drives people further away, and none ever find the Spirit...

That is a far worse sin than anything someone else is doing.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Repeating the same statements over and over doesn’t make them true.

I don’t hate and it has nothing to do with hate so please stop repeating this vitriol.

As Christians we are called to preach repentance:

Luke 24:47 and in His name repentance and forgiveness of sins will be proclaimed to all nations, beginning in Jerusalem.

This means repentance from sexual sins which are condemned many times in the New Testament.

The book of Revelation tells us that the sexually immoral will be in the lake of fire.

So maybe you should examine yourself and realize that you aren’t showing enough concern for the repentance and salvation of others.

• Agree
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

Greengardener

for love is of God
Site Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Numbers 5:21 is explicit, although wrongly translated by many bibles because of the anti-abortion stance...
I don't see it as explicit in the several translations I checked. Would you mind sharing which translation references abortive motivation? The closest I could get to it was barrenness.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You would bring far more to the Church if you preached forgiveness over curses.

Let people work out for themselves how to change, but how your kind of sect does it makes God a joke... it drives people further away, and none ever find the Spirit...

That is a far worse sin than anything someone else is doing.

Would you have given that same advice to John the Baptist who came preaching repentance?

Upvote 0

Francis Earl

Nov 3, 2020
Phoenix
✟2,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Repeating the same statements over and over doesn’t make them true.

I don’t hate and it has nothing to do with hate so please stop repeating this vitriol.

As Christians we are called to preach repentance:

Luke 24:47 and in His name repentance and forgiveness of sins will be proclaimed to all nations, beginning in Jerusalem.

This means repentance from sexual sins which are condemned many times in the New Testament.

The book of Revelation tells us that the sexually immoral will be in the lake of fire.

So maybe you should examine yourself and realize that you aren’t showing enough concern for the repentance and salvation of others.

Do you have the Spirit?

If so, describe what happened.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Francis Earl

Nov 3, 2020
Phoenix
✟2,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't see it as explicit in the several translations I checked. Would you mind sharing which translation references abortive motivation? The closest I could get to it was barrenness.

Causing the thigh to fall away is a euphemism for miscarriage because the blood drips down the thigh when it happens.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.