Is there a "Sect" of Christianity for "Liberal" Christians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francis Earl

Nov 3, 2020
Phoenix
✟2,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You aren’t a very nice person are you?

Please address my post #75

We are going to go around in circles because the Bible supports both points.

It is more important to see which has actually worked.

If the Spirit has come upon you, describe it.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Have you not read Acts 19:1-6 that says by water accomplishes nothing?

You are severely misunderstanding that passage. That is why it is not good to be an arm chair theologian. I suggest you read some commentaries.

The issue in that passage was that they only knew the baptism of John. Not that baptism is not necessary. They did not know the baptism of repentance in Jesus name (verse 5)

Bible Gateway passage: Acts 19 - King James Version

You are a thoroughly confused individual. I suggest that you find some good solid Bible teachers to sit under.

Upvote 0

Francis Earl

Nov 3, 2020
Phoenix
✟2,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are severely misunderstanding that passage. That is why it is not good to be an arm chair theologian. I suggest you read some commentaries.

The issue in that passage was that they only knew the baptism of John. Not that baptism is not necessary. They did not know the baptism of repentance in Jesus name (verse 5)

Bible Gateway passage: Acts 19 - King James Version

You are a thoroughly confused individual. I suggest that you find some good solid Bible teachers to sit under.

Argue however you want.... there are several verses that make water baptism less...

I am asking if you have had Jesus' baptism, it is salvation.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are going to go around in circles because the Bible supports both points.

It is more important to see which has actually worked.

If the Spirit has come upon you, describe it.

Of course you refuse to address it because it debunks your entire argument.

I guess we are done here then.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Argue however you want.... there are several verses that make water baptism less...

I am asking if you have had Jesus' baptism, it is salvation.

Did not Jesus say that he who believes and is baptized will be saved: Mark 16:16

Also the apostle Peter tells us that baptism does now save us: 1 Peter 3:21

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Francis Earl

Nov 3, 2020
Phoenix
✟2,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As per Galatians 3:28, opposites began to fall in my mind until it stopped at me and God which was everything else... are we two? If not, what is our shared nature? Love.

Suddenly, like an explosion, everything lit up and everything around me glowed... it was as though all was one body, I felt plants and walls being touched as though they were my own foot or hand... such ecstasy was there, every cell of this body was throbbing with love.

Sharing this is behind my zeal, there is nothing better in the human experience than encountering God.

You just want people to affirm your mind, yet it is the veil.

That is the apocalypse... the veil that is lifted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟152,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This may offend some. So be it.

I went to a church with a variety of characters, still do occasionally. The meek, the quite, the outspoken, Borderline obnoxious. (loose border) The confident, the insecure, timid and the bold.

They were all faithful Christian people. Just different personalities. Some were easy and some I wanted to smack the hell out of.

I’m not a fan of the Episcopalian Church. They went off the deep end with the queer thing. Wasn’t far the go in my opinion, however, I consider Elijah when he whined to God concerning him being the only faithful man left. Kings, 19:10 And he said, I have been very jealous for the LORD God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away.

God has people in places we don’t know about. That is His prerogative, His plan.

Lot was surrounded by Sodomites, why did he stay? Don’t know. Paul actually refers to him as a “righteous man.” Go figure…

Kings, 19:18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

I’m certain God has people in places I would never go but it isn’t my business. My advice is stay away unless you are strong and have a purpose.

Our emotions, the good, the bad and the ugly are human. And just about all of them God himself has exhibited. We are made in His image. Don’t however set yourself up because you don’t like some brash mouthy ‘brother.’ We are exhorted to, ‘As much as lies within us, life at peace with all men.’ If it isn’t in you, move, prayerfully and “study to show yourself approved.”

The truth may be spoken in ways that to some are aggravating and tiresome.

I’ve often thought that the truth is immaterial if one cannot find a way to say it in a manner in which it can be accepted.

Sin is sin. God hates it because it originates from Satan as in the Garden. It causes His children to stumble. Most people I know don’t hate sinners, it is the sin, the lies of Satan that constitute the hateful, venomous viper.

We are instructed to seek knowledge. Scripture records God speaking, “Come let us reason together.” We are not instructed, Come let us feel together. Rule your emotion, Reason, Prayerfully in knowledge and wisdom follow the truth. As scripture states, The heart above all is deceitfully wicked.

In Christ

Upvote 0

Greengardener

for love is of God
Site Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Although a miscarriage is in medical terms a "spontaneous abortion," the voluntary abortive process is quite a different matter than a miscarriage. Although it was years later that David wrote that having children was a blessing from God and the fruit of the womb His reward, that was the accepted norm from the beginning when man was first mentioned in Genesis 1; therefore having a miscarriage was like a curse and referenced as one in a couple of places.

I can find no evidence that God would approve when people voluntarily abort their children, although there is significant evidence that the horrid child sacrifice practiced by the other nations repulsed Him. Current day abortion procedures may be a similar experience for the unborn: it certainly would appear to be so.

The OP didn't ask for people to defend their position on abortion or homosexuality. Both are legal in the eyes of the law. What might be the larger question is what does God say about any of the "liberal" ideas that society volleys around, and what does He want us to know about His nature so that we can respond in the "separated for God" kind of holiness that He requires if we are to see Him. Hebrews 12.14 indicates that we can both follow peace as much as we can with people but the underlying concern is that we live lives that are separated to God for His use, living lives congruent with His calling us His children. The most important part would be to learn and live what God thinks about all these matters. I would further encourage Karin to understand that no man or group can justify her stance and to be a bit careful of seeking approval from people or trying too hard to find or fit in with a group. Paul warned us to be careful how we build. I'd agree with his advise.

Reactions: Palmfever
Upvote 0

Francis Earl

Nov 3, 2020
Phoenix
✟2,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Although a miscarriage is in medical terms a "spontaneous abortion," the voluntary abortive process is quite a different matter than a miscarriage. Although it was years later that David wrote that having children was a blessing from God and the fruit of the womb His reward, that was the accepted norm from the beginning when man was first mentioned in Genesis 1; therefore having a miscarriage was like a curse and referenced as one in a couple of places.

I can find no evidence that God would approve when people voluntarily abort their children, although there is significant evidence that the horrid child sacrifice practiced by the other nations repulsed Him. Current day abortion procedures may be a similar experience for the unborn: it certainly would appear to be so.

The OP didn't ask for people to defend their position on abortion or homosexuality. Both are legal in the eyes of the law. What might be the larger question is what does God say about any of the "liberal" ideas that society volleys around, and what does He want us to know about His nature so that we can respond in the "separated for God" kind of holiness that He requires if we are to see Him. Hebrews 12.14 indicates that we can both follow peace as much as we can with people but the underlying concern is that we live lives that are separated to God for His use, living lives congruent with His calling us His children. The most important part would be to learn and live what God thinks about all these matters. I would further encourage Karin to understand that no man or group can justify her stance and to be a bit careful of seeking approval from people or trying too hard to find or fit in with a group. Paul warned us to be careful how we build. I'd agree with his advise.

It is why I point out those verses, it is quite voluntary... it is even a holy act.

There are other places like Hosea 9:14 where prophets are begging God to cause miscarriages, but there is nothing voluntary about this on the women's side.

The woman is even made to say "amen" which means "let it be" or "so it is"... so she is complicit, if the child in her womb is not her husbands it should die.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.