Is there a place at the table for white men?

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps white men are more interested in running for office? Just food for thought.

Maybe black people see these offices as useless and thankless (which they seem to be).

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure how reporting factual data that shows white, Christian males are over-represented in US legislative assemblies compared to the rest of the population can sound racist

Because you resent the fact that these people, strictly based on their skin color, are in office.

Of the 18 Republican and Democrat candidates put up for the senate seat, just one (6%) is female and three (17%) are black.

Who's fault is that?

But the population of Alabama is 52% female and 27% black.

This is further evidence of your racism.

Firstly because you degrade ALL people groups by treating members of those groups as if skin color of gender were all that defined them.

You don't need to be the same age, race, or gender to lead a people.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

This is my point as well. If blacks want to raise their standard of living perhaps they can take some advice from successful white people who are willing to give it, instead of shouting us down.

• Agree
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Don't understand what you mean by "end of story".

White privilege is a fact of life. Minorities will have to deal with that. What I said has everything to do with race as that is the supposed problem. What I'm asking is do well-meaning white people have a voice in the economic future of minorities, or are we supposed to just pony up our wealth with no conditions.
By "pony up our wealth" do you mean pay taxes? Cause all races pay taxes and all races have poor people and people on welfare. The tax burden is not exclusive to white people, nor is welfare exclusive to blacks. The concept that only black are on welfare is not factual.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The political table that is.

I don't think white men not having a political voice is a problem.

170313-twitter-potus-cabinet-meeting01.jpg

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
By "pony up our wealth" do you mean pay taxes? Cause all races pay taxes and all races have poor people and people on welfare. The tax burden is not exclusive to white people, nor is welfare exclusive to blacks. The concept that only black are on welfare is not factual.

White people do pay the lions share of taxes but that's not the topic, which is how much should the white community invest in the welfare of minority communities if at the same time they are going to blame us for their misfortunes and fight us tooth and nail?

• Winner
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
White people do pay the lions share of taxes but that's not the topic, which is how much should the white community invest in the welfare of minority communities if at the same time they are going to blame us for their misfortunes and fight us tooth and nail?
Are you talking about the Nation of Islam or Black Panther Party? Who is actually blaming white people for the problems of minorities besides some outspoken University professors and media personalities? Has there been a gallup pool? I've never been called by any newspapers or talk shows. Don't you think it's more of a hove/have not issue and it just so happens that white people a 99% of the 1%? (not a literal statistic, I'm not sure what it is)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Are you talking about the Nation of Islam or Black Panther Party? Who is actually blaming white people for the problems of minorities besides some outspoken University professors and media personalities? Has there been a gallup pool? I've never been called by any newspapers or talk shows. Don't you think it's more of a hove/have not issue and it just so happens that white people a 99% of the 1%? (not a literal statistic, I'm not sure what it is)

It's almost like black people are under some kind of curse.

The 10 Worst Events That Happened To Black People

Perhaps the recession of the late '70's and early '80's should be added to this list. While many white people's fortunes were greatly stressed the black economy was devastated, followed by rising crime, drugs, and AIDS. They have never recovered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

We (white men) are idiots for even trying to help. Let's go on strike, and let them miss us a bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We (white men) are idiots for even trying to help. Let's go on strike, and let them mis us a bit.

Their own leaders, parents, and clergy have been exhorting them to straighten up and fly right for years. Our advice will fall on equally deaf ears.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It's almost like black people are under some kind of curse.

The 10 Worst Events That Happened To Black People

Perhaps the recession of the late '70's and early '80's should be added to this list. While many white people's fortunes were greatly stressed the black economy was devastated, followed by rising crime, drugs, and AIDS. They have never recovered.
On that note, you know who systematically introduced crack cocaine into the black community right? You guessed it, our very own Federal government government who was flying in 747s full of powder from South America in order to fund their own private war efforts. They even admitted to some of it which makes me wonder how much they really got away with. Not a single CIA person went to jail and I don't think anybody even lost their job.
t
Here's a link to a report from the senate committee headed up by John Kerry that explicitly states that Oliver North was using drug money to fund the Contras. There is also a ton of information and reports concerning the activities of North, the CIA, FBI, and the DEA who were all either a part of or turned a blind eye to massive drug shipments coming in to the country during the "Just say no" era.

Before, only rich people could buy cocaine so they came up with crack which could be sold at a cheaper price in the hood and it was a feeding frenzy for addicts, entrepreneurs, organized crime, and the police who were either clocking overtime to fight it or taking bribes. Of they were to push it in the suburbs, the taxpayers would be going broke but pumping it in the hood was of no consequence to them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Their own leaders, parents, and clergy have been exhorting them to straighten up and fly right for years. Our advice will fall on equally deaf ears.

I agree, and like you, I'm sick of being falsely accused of being the cause of the problem.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
The political table that is. If privileged middle class white men are responsible for the problems of minorities and the poor is there room for well-meaning white men at the table of political discussion. Or are we not welcome there? Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and other activists want a place for minorities at the economic table along with white folks, but do the white folks have to empty their pockets onto the table, and then shut their mouths as well?

It isn't enough that the economic and political playing field is tilted in the favor of white men, now you want us to feel sorry for them when the fields get more even?

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,855.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Because you resent the fact that these people, strictly based on their skin color, are in office.

No. I don't. I'm not even in the same country as they are, so there's simply nothing to be resentful about. I'm a middle-aging white male myself.

The subjects of the OP was "Is there a place at the table for white men[?]" in reference to politics.

I was pointing out that the available data (ya'know, actual reality) shows that not only is there a place for white men at the table, but white men take up more than a representative share of places at the table. Relative to the population, by about 3:1.

This is further evidence of your racism.
Firstly because you degrade ALL people groups by treating members of those groups as if skin color of gender were all that defined them.

That's not what I did AT ALL. I listed a set of statistics on race, gender and religion on US legislators showing one group (White, male, Christians) is over represented compared to the population at large.

I suspect you know this, and are attempting faux outrage and cries of "racism" in an attempt to deflect.

Where did I claim the converse?

What I do claim is that political demography shows that the greater the representation of minority groups in politics, the more equal and equitable outcomes are generated for all.

I'll just quote Martin Luther King here: "There is nothing more dangerous than to build a society with a large segment of people in that society who feel that they have no stake in it; who feel that that have nothing to lose. People who have stake in their society, protect that society, but when they don't have it, they unconsciously want to destroy it."

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Don't understand what you mean by "end of story".

White privilege is a fact of life. Minorities will have to deal with that. What I said has everything to do with race as that is the supposed problem. What I'm asking is do well-meaning white people have a voice in the economic future of minorities, or are we supposed to just pony up our wealth with no conditions.

"Well meaning white people"???? Do you have a definition of what that is?? Is that the kind of white people who made treaties with the Indians and then slaughtered them? Is that the kind of white people who became filthy rich from the sweat of slaves and refused to share that wealth when the slaves were freed? Is that the kind of white people who passed Jim Crow laws to keep former slaves from participating in any activity which might allow them to acquire wealth of their own?

Is that the kind of white people who pass laws designed to keep People of Color from voting? Is that the kind of white people who restrict immigration to this country for white people?

The answer to your questions are 'no' and 'yes'. White people have yet to earn the trust of People of Color. When white people say 'well meaning' they are talking about how they can screw People of Color yet again.

How many times do you think white people can put on their Alfred E. Newman face and say, "TRUST ME, I LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE YOU' before everyone on the planet knows it to be a lie.

People of Color do NOT need guidance from us. They only need the resources that have been stolen from them returned to them.

• Winner
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
"Well meaning white people"???? Do you have a definition of what that is?? Is that the kind of white people who made treaties with the Indians and then slaughtered them? Is that the kind of white people who became filthy rich from the sweat of slaves and refused to share that wealth when the slaves were freed? Is that the kind of white people who passed Jim Crow laws to keep former slaves from participating in any activity which might allow them to acquire wealth of their own?

Is that the kind of white people who pass laws designed to keep People of Color from voting? Is that the kind of white people who restrict immigration to this country for white people?

The answer to your questions are 'no' and 'yes'. White people have yet to earn the trust of People of Color. When white people say 'well meaning' they are talking about how they can screw People of Color yet again.

How many times do you think white people can put on their Alfred E. Newman face and say, "TRUST ME, I LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE YOU' before everyone on the planet knows it to be a lie.

People of Color do NOT need guidance from us. They only need the resources that have been stolen from them returned to them.

What have you stolen from, "people of color"?

Upvote 0