Is there a place at the table for white men?

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
What have you stolen from, "people of color"?

As a member of the white race I've participated in wealth accumulation during four hundred years of slavery, I've benefited from a society that gave me a good education while short-changing the education of People of Color, I've benefited by being able to get home loans that are often denied to People of Color (redlining), I've been able to get my resume reviewed because my name is a European name and the list goes on and on.

For most of my life I was completely oblivious of these things which have benefited me at the cost of others. I'm not anymore. And these things are more than a blight on me, they are a blight on the white race.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
As a member of the white race I've participated in wealth accumulation during four hundred years of slavery, I've benefited from a society that gave me a good education while short-changing the education of People of Color, I've benefited by being able to get home loans that are often denied to People of Color (redlining), I've been able to get my resume reviewed because my name is a European name and the list goes on and on.

For most of my life I was completely oblivious of these things which have benefited me at the cost of others. I'm not anymore. And these things are more than a blight on me, they are a blight on the white race.

Sounds like you owe me and my family some reparations, as well. I'll PM you my address.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you owe me and my family some reparations, as well. I'll PM you my address.

Your share as a percentage of all the People of Color in this country may not amount to the cost of the postage. I've done well compared to many many Persons of Color but no where near the wealth accumulated by many of my fellow white people.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Your share as a percentage of all the People of Color in this country may not amount to the cost of the postage. I've done well compared to many many Persons of Color but no where near the wealth accumulated by many of my fellow white people.

Thought so. . .

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, sucks doesn't it. However I'm good with closing all the tax loopholes for white people and use the extra money to give a hand up to the People of Color.

Tax 'loopholes' are color blind.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
On that note, you know who systematically introduced crack cocaine into the black community right? You guessed it, our very own Federal government government who was flying in 747s full of powder from South America in order to fund their own private war efforts. They even admitted to some of it which makes me wonder how much they really got away with. Not a single CIA person went to jail and I don't think anybody even lost their job.
t
Here's a link to a report from the senate committee headed up by John Kerry that explicitly states that Oliver North was using drug money to fund the Contras. There is also a ton of information and reports concerning the activities of North, the CIA, FBI, and the DEA who were all either a part of or turned a blind eye to massive drug shipments coming in to the country during the "Just say no" era.

Before, only rich people could buy cocaine so they came up with crack which could be sold at a cheaper price in the hood and it was a feeding frenzy for addicts, entrepreneurs, organized crime, and the police who were either clocking overtime to fight it or taking bribes. Of they were to push it in the suburbs, the taxpayers would be going broke but pumping it in the hood was of no consequence to them.

Regardless of how it got here, crack, like cheap heroin today, instantly revealed a serious preexisting drug use problem, that was not the responsibility of the government.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
And you believe that?

In America, tax loopholes designed for the wealthy are also designed for white people.

There are no racist comments in this entire thread - other than yours, that is. Your comments about white people are very offensive.

Maybe you should stop defining people by race. That's how to live a colorblind existence.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
There are no racist comments in this entire thread - other than yours, that is.

Ah, the old stand-by retort: Talking about racism is racism itself. Us white people will use whatever shelter available to avoid taking responsibility for our historical and ongoing love for racial superiority.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is there a place at the table for white men?
As the main course?

Right next to the mashed potatoes and cranberry dressing.
[/gallows humor]

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ah, the old stand-by retort: Talking about racism is racism itself. Us white people will use whatever shelter available to avoid taking responsibility for our historical and ongoing love for racial superiority.

Every race thinks they're superior in some way. Whites are targeted for racism because of our success, not because we are more racist than others.

• Winner
Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Don't understand what you mean by "end of story".

White privilege is a fact of life. Minorities will have to deal with that. What I said has everything to do with race as that is the supposed problem. What I'm asking is do well-meaning white people have a voice in the economic future of minorities, or are we supposed to just pony up our wealth with no conditions.
I´m not sure that "well meaning" is an obstacle when trying to get elected, nor is being white.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't think white men not having a political voice is a problem.

170313-twitter-potus-cabinet-meeting01.jpg

These are all elected or appointed. I was referring to other white men. Political discussion should involve more than just political insiders. Advisory boards are loaded with experts who are not politically motivated. I am a successful white male, therefore I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable about the subject, knowledge that perhaps others could benefit from.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Every race thinks they're superior in some way. Whites are targeted for racism because of our success, not because we are more racist than others.

Perhaps it isn't our success. Perhaps it is that American whites think they are superior in EVERY way.

Whites Hoover credit for everything like a tornado grabbing things up off the ground. It is like how Whites renamed slave food to Southern Cooking, take credit for inventing it and put Paula Deane's face on the cookbook. After all, it WAS their slaves who created it.

White men need a support group more than they need any more slaps on the back for being so successful.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's what they tell us, "Shut up, and give me your money". Almost sounds criminal, doesn't it?
If your talking about taxes. All races pay taxes. White man is no special in that area.

• Agree
Reactions: quatona
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,548.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
how much should the white community invest in the welfare of minority communities if at the same time they are going to blame us for their misfortunes and fight us tooth and nail?

There's a saying which (I think) actually comes out of disability advocacy but works well for any advocacy situation: Nothing about me, without me.

White people can't be blamed for the misfortunes of others if we work with them on a consensus agenda. We can't be fought tooth and nail if, instead of trying to impose our own solutions on others, we work with them to create solutions.

We should invest in the welfare of minority communities, but we shouldn't do that in a way which says, "I'm successful, I have the answers, you should do what I did (or as I say)." Rather we should do it in a way which says, "Tell me what obstacles you're facing, and let's see what we can do together to shift them."

Upvote 0