Not open for further replies.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Sure I have, you refuse to acknowledge it however. I showed that radiometric science is not perfected, and scientists are far from being able use it effectively

You showed no such thing. What you claimed are assumptions are not actual assumptions.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
The scientific data, that was cited in the article that I quoted, would disagree with you.

The article only has empty assertions. It lacks data.

The article makes the claim that radiometric dating won't work if there is daughter product in the rock when it forms. This is false. Rb/Sr isochron dating does just fine with Sr being in the rock when it forms. In fact, using Rb/Sr isochron dating you can measure the amount of Sr that was present when the rock formed.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/isochron-dating.html

Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rb/Sr isochron dating does just fine with Sr being in the rock when it forms. In fact, using Rb/Sr isochron dating you can measure the amount of Sr that was present when the rock formed.

It sounds like you are referring to using assumptions to gather data, just as Dr Snellings article suggested..

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Don't attack the source, refute the argument instead.

The source was an article written by Dr Andrew Snelling. He specializes in geological studies.

These answers in genesis arguments have been refuted over and over again, it is old news.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

allhart

Messianic believer
Feb 24, 2007
Turlock, CA
✟16,377.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Science is after the fact not behind it all n info can change at any given moment of time according to the stars/stats lol..... Scientist theory of evolution is s religion not a fact n the university's are their churches of worship not the place ideas.... At least when I bring my presupposed presupposition I do it with a honest intent.... My claim is that Yahweh/creator is sovereign over creation n I take the bible as literal n it just is. I am about reproofing n approving His word not here to disprove His Holy Scriptures. I do not worship the created but the creator...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I see nothing wrong with teaching the Theory of Evolution so long as it is taught as a "theory" and taught why it is the theory it is. And also be able to teach creation as well. Maybe not as fact, but explain what some believe.

I taught science for several years and I made sure that kids understood that it was just a theory and explained the evidence and what was missing from the whole puzzle on the theory.
When you were teaching science, did you also teach flat earth? How about astrology? And Phrenology? If not, why not?

• Agree
Reactions: wilmaed
Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Science is after the fact not behind it all n info can change at any given moment of time according to the stars/stats lol..... Scientist theory of evolution is s religion not a fact n the university's are their churches of worship not the place ideas.... At least when I bring my presupposed presupposition I do it with a honest intent.... My claim is that Yahweh/creator is sovereign over creation n I take the bible as literal n it just is. I am about reproofing n approving His word not here to disprove His Holy Scriptures. I do not worship the created but the creator...

Once again, we have someone trying to discredit evolution by making it look like their own religious beliefs. What does that tell you about this persons religious beliefs?

More to the point, the theory of evolution uses repeatable observations to test hypotheses just like the rest of science. The evidence we have in the present is a result of events in the past, so that evidence can be used to test our hypotheses of what happened in the past. When those hypotheses prove to be accurate time and time again, they are rolled together into a theory and accepted as a supported theory by the scientific community.

Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Refuted by using assumption rather than science.
Hi PosterO. I posted this earlier in the thread in a reply to your post, but I guess you missed it. Could you answer it now?

I have an honest question I would appreciate you answering:

According to you the TOE is "a bunch of nonsense". But we use it as the basis of modern biology, to help create more effective medicine for fighting pathogens and to help explain and combat hereditary diseases.

The question: How does something that is "a bunch of nonsense" keep explaining natural processes, and keep making successful predictions about what we are going to discover, and do it over and over and over?

Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.