God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You know what the big problem with all of these creation/evolution debates is? Whenever an atheist tries to argue for evolution against a creationist, the discussion inevitably drifts to things like morality, the existence of God, and apologetics, all of which have nothing to do with evolution. And since the atheist is going to give the atheist perspective on those issues, that just makes the creationist think that evolution = atheism, or they are linked in some way that they're not.

Upvote 0

Poster0

Aug 20, 2015
✟13,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was sincerely attempting to edify and motivate you with scriptural advice and to treat you with kindness out of concern for the distress you've expressed about this discussion. I'm sorry that I wasn't helpful to you. Christians need to be unified about our love for Christ and our efforts to organize our lives and treat one another in accordance to his teachings. We can still honor his primary command to love one another, and yet be in disagreement with one another, sometimes passionately so. Christians have had a diversity of fervently maintained hermeneutical, personal, and political beliefs for millennia, and as long as we are able to be respectful to one another I think debate can be healthy and enriching. The problem is that too often discussions turn into wars of words because people treat them like battles to be won instead of a conversation to be had and see everyone with an opposing perspective as an opponent. Christians who accept evolution simply interpret the Bible differently, but love it and center their lives around it just as much as you do. And when we agree with atheists and those of other faiths on matters of science that's not an act of betrayal against you.

If you came to my church it's doubtful the topic of evolution would arise unless you initiated it.

I don't agree. Paul teaches us to be of one mind and to put away debate, so your words don't reflect sound doctrine. Forgive me if I felt betrayed but I was accused of sinning because I wouldn't agree with evolution theory. I didnt feel loved at all, but only condemned and misjudged.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,752,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread had some clean up of flaming posts, some blasphemy, and it will remain closed as it became a general apologetics thread. We do not have a general apolgetics forum.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.